All hotels in Visalia, California, United States of America
300 S Court St, Visalia, CA, 93291, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

Great pool
    Regular internet service
    Room is all right
"Solid property in center of town"
Staff were very helpful and friendly. The property could use a refresh, but I liked that it was close to restaurants and our event. We walked everywhere. The room was clean and comfortable. Staff made the stay!
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"1 night stay"
It was short and nice stay
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Nico
"Noise control needed, but overall pretty good."
Well, overall everything was pretty good. We didn't wait long to check in and staff was pleasant, but he said we booked a King room, which was not correct. We apparently got the "last one" overlooking the pool on the 3rd floor. It was big, clean, and the sheets on the bed were so soft ( good stuff). Later at about 11:00 pm we could hear very loud banging which I guessed was the large garbage containers located somewhere beneath us, but could not be seen. It was intermittent but went on for some time and loud enough to wake anyone! Breakfast was very good---and our waitress was awesome. She made the coffee--give her a raise, because it was nice and strong! Many of the convention youth group members were there on our floor, but overall they were very well behaved.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Sue
"Really nice"
I would have given cleanliness a 5 had housekeeping not failed to clean our room one of the three nights we were there.
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
"Twice a month at least"
I stay here twice a month for business. It is comfortable, convenient and the food is good.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
giovanna
"enjoyable"
Room was really clean, the staff was really friendly. My family and I had a good time staying in this hotel.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Myrna
I travel to Central Valley with my 17 year old basketball player and it's nice to have a comfortable stay with everything there. From coffee in the morning and cocktails at night. Restaurants are great and location is awesome. I will definitely keep staying at the Marriott when I'm there .
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Angelica
"Business Trip"
Front desk representative was very accommodating.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"There was food all over our hotel room floor"
We payed for a California king bed and got two queens. There was pices of food all over the floor which my 1 year old daughter found and also dried old blood on the curtains. The bathroom had tons of hair on the floor like it was never swept. The bathtub was gross and had dirt and hair in it. You can hear everything in your room the noise in the hallway, the people above and next to you, and every time some from another room would flush the toilet.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
korey
"Great Service, Disappointing in Every Other Way"
When we checked in, they were unable to find our reservation, but were incredibly polite and apologetic throughout the ordeal... Not a problem, things happen. During our stay, however, we were continuously disappointed, particularly when considering how much we were paying compared to other establishments in town. There was a wasp's nest in the curtains, the room itself did not feel particularly clean, and the toilet was broken and leaking. Our room had a lovely view of the courtyard, which turned out to be more curse than blessing as the night we checked in there was a dance at the convention center that ran til after 2 a.m. with a barking dog and police officers shouting. It was followed the next morning by a cheer competition that had girls in the courtyard practicing before 7 a.m. Needless to say, we didn't receive much sleep that first night. The second night was admittedly much quieter. It's unfortunate that our room and overall stay were not up to par, as the friendliness of the staff were miles above the quality of everything else.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Ghattas, Our team prides ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience. I apologize that we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. We have shared your feedback about your room with the appropriate team so that the issues you encountered can be resolved. Thank you for staying with us at the Visalia Marriott. Mario
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Ghattas
Had an amazing time at the Marriott hotel
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Convenient"
I was there for a casual weekend visit. Walking distance to several boutique shops and restaurants. I recommend Jack & Charlies for dinner. Hotel was very comfortable with the exception of the pillows. Would like some extras in the room for variety.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
giovanna
"Great location and nice environment"
Wonderful location, walking distance to quaint downtown area, with great restaurants and shops. Staff very helpful, room comfortable and well appointed. Happy we chose it, would stay there again.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Eau de Cow paddy special."
The cow stench permeated everything, we were incredibly uncomfortable in full size beds, We registered with 6 adults for two rooms, why full size? They don't have kings and queens anymore? we should have been warned. My grandson found a condom wrapper under his bed. Breakfast the first day was horrible, lousy rude service, picked clean buffet, no bacon, no oatmeal, no milk, no fruit except apples and oranges, breakfast the second day was much better. We will never stay here again.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Jennifer, Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the incidents you experienced in our property, this is out of the norm for us. Your concerns are valid and we will be following up with our restaurant staff so that our buffet is always properly replenished. I will also be reviewing this with our housekeeping team and ensure that the proper cleaning techniques are used. Again, thank you so much for your feedback and our sincerest apologies go to you and your family.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Simple, Clean, Relaxing"
Felt like a new construction. Everything was clean and the staff, which was very young , seemed earnest and helpful.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
DocHawk
very good hotel with very good location, easy to get in and to get out, close to restaurants.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Thanksgiving trip"
Bed was very comfortable. Overall a nice place to stay. Close to many nice restaurants and other shopping downtown.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Douglas
"Frat House Experience"
The very best was the incredible door man. The hotel staff dropped the ball in protecting their guest from an out of control wedding party. Many of who were still in the lounge area the following morning/ filthy language and intoxicated behavior. There was nothing to set this property above any other local hotel,except the incredible door man. Such a shame that staff is not interested in representing their employers interest.
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
theresa
"In town for a family wedding in Ivanhoe."
The room was comfortable and cozy; can't go wrong with a pillow top mattress! Food (breakfast): For Sunday morning's breakfast, we went downstairs and sat down at a table. A waitress came by to tell us about the two breakfast buffet options the first which cost $13 did not include any breakfast that was warm the second option was $16 and included the "warm food." so since we wanted a warm breakfast, we chose the $16 option and started eating. It was nothing exceptional... if I were to go to a restaurant and order the same thing, it would probably cost me $7 while we were eating another couple sat down at a nearby table and their waitress told them that there were menu options not just buffet options. unfortunately we did not get this inside information and instead had to pay out the ear for a less than par buffet.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Great customer service"
We attended a Leadership Convention. Everything was great! The front desk employees were super helpful. I brought a basket of snacks for a friend and they put it in their room for me. They also brought us a small mini fridge upon request. The bed was a bit firmer than I like and the pillows were like sand bags, but other than that, I was very pleased and would stay there again.
3 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Amazing! My New Go-To Hotel"
I came into town to visit family, but I also had to work, so it was dual purpose trip for me. The hotel was beautiful, staff was friendly (except for one front desk clerk who wasn't necessarily rude, but he was curt with his answers. It felt kind of like he was really busy and I was interrupting him; I didn't like that so much.) The room service staff was amazing, and went out of their way to oblige me, even though what I wanted was already sold out. The bed was comfortable, they had plenty of accessible outlets for me to plug in my laptop, phone chargers, and iPad; the desk was just enough for me to work comfortably, and the sitting area was very cozy.I was also able to have a late check out the next day. All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience, and this is my new go to hotel in the Visalia area. Thank you!
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
Stayed for a wedding that took place at hotel. Staff was always helpful and amenities were nice!
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Veronica
"Good hotel but need improvement"
Air in the building is not fresh, I would suggest the hotel do some work on it.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Antonio at the bar was great! We enjoyed our stay even though it was to visit someone in the hospital. Location was great!
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
"An awesome hotel!"
This hotel is perfect for those wanting a clean and comfortable stay in a very nice area that is in walking distance to downtown Visalia. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, people were friendly, it's a very, very nice place to stay. My only gripe, my only one small little gripe was the water pressure in the shower. It's very hard to get clean in the shower with water pressure as low as this. But, considering how awesome the hotel is, my girl and I will still stay here every time we come back.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Jonas
I have stayed before and staff make this hotel a great place. It could use some updates, carpet is worn in hallways but rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
Gene
"The only place to stay in Visalia"
I come to Visalia for business somewhat frequently. I've stayed in a couple of hotels in the area, but the Marriott is hands down the best in the area. The hotel is in very good condition, well kept, the rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. I haven't eaten at the restaurant downstairs due to the number of good restaurants and bars in the area. But the fitness center is great for a pre or post workday workout, and the nightly rate is reasonable. If you have to spend more than a couple of nights in the Visalia area, this hotel makes a more than adequate home away from home.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
"Noisy room..."
Overlooking Convention Center entrance and the lobby so noisy from both sides. Bed was comfy but comforter too much and no lighter blanket in room. 'Faster' internet slower than my LTE phone service.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Nice stay and good value for the money. Easy transportation to sequoia national park on a shuttle. Only hassle is no one was there to help with luggage and had to haul it ourselves. Desk folks very personable
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Perfect for last minute national park wknd"
It was convenient to the freeway/grocery/pharmacy/fast food/gas for quick pick up on the way to the Sequoia National Park and back. Breakfast is included with the stay (booked through hotel.com). Pleasantly surprised! Not your typical continental breakfast - hearty and very nice spread at their restaurant area. Hotel staff very friendly. Rooms are very clean & comfortable. Would definitely stay again.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Great customer service.Very clean. Overall, very good.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Paul S
"Excellent Hotel!!!"
Very comfortable and excellent service! Close to downtown Visalia. Clean pool and spa.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Beautiful thank you I recommend for every one is nice place
maria
"AC doesn't work well."
Has to adjust the temperature on the panel from time to time in order to let the cool air comes in, otherwise, no cool air will stop coming after the temperature is met.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Gary, Thank you for providing feedback. I am sorry to learn that your temperature didn't work well during your recent stay. I will look into the matter further as we certainly want our guests to be as comfortable as possible. Thank you again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Worst Marriott Hotel stay"
I got stuck with a handicap room without being informed of it at check in. The handicap lock to the bathroom didn't function correctly and I locked myself in the bathroom, and had to have help getting out. There was mold on the shower. I went use the computers in the lobby to print my airline ticket and it was an ordeal finding one that function correctly. it wasn't fun!
Jock
Great stay for our family reunion. The only big bummer was that I left a pair of expensive Tiffany pearl earrings on the bathroom counter and when I called later that day after checkout, they were not found.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"In the heart of Viscalia"
Wonderful staff, helpful and interested in our stay. Food service was able to adapt to specific dietary considerations. We stayed for four days and each day the room has taken care of in a professional manner. All Good! I would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Unhappy Customer, shame on Marriot"
The girl at the front desk told me that they had to secure a $200 security deposit for the stay!!! I argued with her that they should post this and that a year ago I stayed there and there was NO such thing. She stated that this policy started 6 months ago. I said then post it somewhere, don't wait till I arrive to tell me this!!! I will not stay there again.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival. We have always had a cash security deposit policy, however recently we increased the amount to $200 in order to cover any incidental charges and/or any damages that might occur in the room. We sincerely apologize if you did not know this in advance. Per your suggestion we have highlighted this policy on our website. You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you in the future
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Eddie
"Happy"
In town for only one night for a 25th anniversary party and was very happy with the hotel, location to the downtown and to all the activities we attended. Arrived early and was very pleased that we were able to check-in early. Had a nice room and was glad we booked the room/breakfast combo. Thank you for make a fun weekend even better!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Sierra
"Good for downtown, far from Sequoia"
Very accomodating with rollaways. Great customer service and cleanliness. Only 30 miles or so from Sequoia but it still took around an hour and a half.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
"Ok, nothing special"
Good enough. The shower wasn't super clean, clock in the room had the wrong time.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Julie, Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, we will certainly look into this issue immediately. We hope that you will give us another opportunity as our team is committed to providing outstanding accommodations.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
"1 night"
Nice place, but beginning to show wear of use. Staff friendly and location convenient.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Thank for choosing our hotel, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with our team. We hope you had an opportunity to enjoy our Visalia downtown shopping and dining options.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Fast check in; friendly staff; quiet hotel; very clean, comfortable room.
This hotel is about 1.25 hours away from Sequoia National Park. Local chain restaurants are a few blocks away
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
nema
"Smiling and very good staff"
While the hotel is typical for a Marriott near National Park, the staff are simply amazing. Whoever is hiring and training the staff is doing a great job. Everyone smiled. Everyone did their job with such warmth, making it a good stay.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Main Street two blocks away."
Our stay was to visit Sequoia. But, realized that their was more life here. Walking distance was Main Street. Plenty of good dining and the clubs and bars are terrific. I took my family on this first time trip. But, I do highly recommend it for a couples getaway. Oh, and can't forget Starbucks open til 12 midnight on Saturday was a hit for my wife and I.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Father of Girls, We are so excited you had the chance to experience some of our great downtown. We hope you will come back and enjoy in the future. Thanks for staying with us.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
father of girls
"A short trip to the Sequoias."
The hotel was clean, up to date and the staff was very helpful!
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Very nice for the price"
We had a very nice stay at this Marriot, hotel was very clean and comfortable and centrally located downtown. The only down side was the weekend we stayed, apparently there was a huge little league tourney going on in town and every 12 old ball player in California seemed to be there. Obviously not the hotels fault, but we didn't get much quality time at the pool. Otherwise our time there was very nice.
"Needs improvement"
The hotel lobby and surroundings were very nice. Guest rooms, however, were musty with small soft beds, and inadequate AC.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Laura, Thank you for your feedback. I will certainly look into the matter further regarding your bed and air conditioning. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. I apologize we did not meet expectations on your visit. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
"Weekend in Visalia"
We came to the area to visit Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Hotel was very clean & comfortable - we also enjoyed the restaurants in downtown after our trek to the wilderness. Staff was very friendly & helpful.
2 night business trip Jun 13, 2014