All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1285 Rue St-Andre, Montreal, QC, H2L 3T1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Comfortable hotel near Berri station."
The location of this hotel is great. It is a 20 minute walk to Old Montreal, and less than 5 minutes to Berri station, which is also where you can catch the 747 bus to the airport. Staff was friendly and the room was comfortable. The area may get a little loud on the weekends due to the proximity to the the university and surrounding night clubs.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Ray
"Excellent stay"
For the price this hotel was absolutely excellent. We were within walking distance of Chinatown and old montreal. We had free wifi, the room was spacious, and they delivered free breakfast to our room every morning and the time of our choice. Though the hotel was not luxurious it was comfortable and perfect for spending the night before venturing out to beautiful montreal. The hotel staff were excellent, friendly, and helpful. They even allowed us a late checkout and no extra cost. This hotel is definitely underrated and although we stayed at pricier hotels during our stay I would definitely come back to this one first.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
sibia
"Never go there if you can help it."
We booked a standard room, but on arrival, they chucked us to the smallest room in a sad corner of the hotel. The toilet was broken. We asked for a change of room, and they gave us our (original) standard room, but the door lock was faulty. For the price that we paid, there are a lot of hotels around the area that are way better. We moved to a better hotel the next day!
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
torontonian
"Central Location"
Clean room, centrally located, nice and bilingual staff. The room is small, you can hear your neighbor because the door is has a 1/2" gap on the bottom. The neighborhood is pretty good, it is very hard to find parking. I was there in a weekend in November so I was able to find parking but it would be very difficult otherwise. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and they serve right to you door! I would stay again because it is very close to a lot of the attractions..
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2013
"handy to everything as a pedestrian"
price, location, ease of access all great but no parking became pricey across the street at 12.00 daily. i stayed three nights so 36.00 was a hit.
3 night trip Nov 1, 2013
D Randall
"Nice place, a few bugs"
The area had two clear sides. St Catherine's was crowded a bit seedy. The walk to the Convention Center in the opposite direction was pleasant. Breakfast was nice and delivered to the room. Unfortunately my cell did not work and I rely on it for a timepiece. The room did not have an alarm which made it a bit strange since I needed to keep my laptop running to know what time it was. The wake calls were good which save me on departure day. It was not fancy but what I expected and it worked well for my travel purposes.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
larry
"close to must-see sights"
Good location. Very nice and helpful front desk and room service breakfast without surcharge. But very limited parking spaces.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2013
Matthew
"Ok for cheap."
Reserved a single queen room and was given a double bed. When questioned they didn't know what rooms had queens and which had doubles. They were quick to let us know that it is only a 2 star hotel. The next building on the street is a 3 star hostel. For 1 night it was ok but anything longer I would have found someone else.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
"Helpful personnel and great continental breakfast!"
Great location. Would highly recommend it.
4 night trip Oct 2, 2013
Polly
"Central and near main subway stop"
Great location near students and within half hour walk of most of downtown. The parking was minimal (about 6 spaces behind hotel down a NARROW alley). Breakfast had to be brought to your room on a tray since there was no place designated as dining area. The bed was a bit lump, but the wi-fi was solid and your can't beat being in the middle of things.
2 night trip Sep 16, 2013
The Taylors
"good location, helpful staff"
The hotel is old and very run down. Rooms are small. Hotel staff was very helpful, location was great. Didn't spend much time in the hotel so it was ok.
2 night trip Sep 25, 2013
"great for a low key night"
Was very please with this hotel. Got there at 11 am when check in isn't till 3pm and our room was ready already. We had a very basic room and friendly service, although we asked for some suggestions for places to eat and the concierge wasn't very helpful that way.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2013
"Gracious and helpful manager"
The room had two separate bathrooms, which was nice as there were three of us staying in it. Good location. Nice staff. Good value.
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2013
Pros: Great location for The Village, croissants delivered to room every morning, quiet. Cons: needs some updating, lumpy pillows. This place served us well. It was about what I expected for the price. Bathroom not in the best shape but not horrible. Room was small but not an issue for us. Overall good experience.
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2013
"Disappointing condition."
Staff was lovely and VERY helpful. Location is convenient - in the Latin Quarter close to lots of nightlife. That said, streets can be a little rowdy at night. Hotel rooms are very dated and I had expected a more cleanly room based on the website pictures. For those of you who are seeking inexpensive spot to crash, this is a good spot. For those who require a little more by way of cleanliness, room accommodations, you are better off staying in the center of town.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"pleasant staff nice location shabby room"
room was a bit disappointing but the convenient location was a great surprise. Didn't know Montreal at all but walk out half a block to cafes, a few more blocks to old city, cathedral, lots to see. Free parking was full but across the street a lot was $8. Good internet, breakfast brought to room (i hoped for better coffee but nice croissants) no extra charges for anything. staff very pleasant.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Le St. Andre. Breakfast delivered every morning. Clean affordable and comfortable simple cozy room and free Wi-Fi. Courteous and friendly staff. I would definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit to Montreal and I would also recommend this hotel to my friends.
4 night trip Jul 21, 2013
Brendan
"just ok"
From the degraded (compared to the photo) condition of the exterior, to the seriously tired lobby, to the room's shabby old tv, sad bedding, insufficient air conditioner w confusing and miniscule buttons and labels, everything was ok at best with some bits being awful. The price was good and the hotel's proximity to the Olympia Theatre was the driving force in my staying there, which I would likely not do again.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"interesting Experience"
Amiacable extremely helful staff rooms needed 2 b cleaner and could have used rustoleum paint and dust bunny attack!
1 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"I'm sure it was nice many years ago"
The great thing about this hotel is that it is close to the Village and St Denis where we found many fun street cafes, street performers, etc. We also walked to the old port, old town, and chinatown. One block away we rented the BIXI bicycles and rode to the Islands where Expo67 took place. The Metro(subway) is also close.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"Convenient, old world, full of charm"
A great place if you want to be in the center of the action, and experience the authenticity of Montreal. If you are looking for the slick chain hotel experience, go elsewhere. If you want a genuine experience with wonderful staff and interesting guests, this is your hotel. You can walk to Old Montreal, Rue St. Catherine, and many other interesting places. Full of charm. And affordable.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"Great location for some weekend fun"
Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of The Village so it makes it easy to have a good night on the town with friends and walk back to your hotel with a friendly staff and comfortable bed near by. Although located downtown (the Village), the hotel is located on a very quiet street without much foot traffic or cars.
4 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Aaron
Le St Andre' is only 2 blocks from the Berri-UQAM Metro stop and a half block off Rue Ste. Catherine which makes it very conveniently located to restaurants, bars and clubs. Hotel personnel were courteous and helpful with information. A very positive experience!
6 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2013
"Good value for the location"
This hotel's saving grace is its location, right off of St. Catherine in the gay village. The room was spartan; small with a fairly uncomfortable bed and a broken air conditioner, but it was clean. They deliver breakfast to your room in the AM if you want it (croissants, coffee or tea plus additional bread for some reason) and there is a free parking in the back if you're lucky enough to grab a spot. This is an excellent option for any traveler on a budget.
2 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2013
"Good enough for the price."
Overall this hotel was in a great location, staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean, the shower was good & I like having a fridge in my room. Downside, it was loud, both inside and out, the room was a bit small and the bed was hard and uncomfortable.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"rough around the edges, but sweet inside"
great location because it's near the intersection of two major metro lines. also plenty of shops and low end restaurants. surrounding neighborhood is the clubbing area , so great for clubbers. however, when you are not clubbing, the area is rife with beggars. reception is freindly and helpful as are staff. hotel is a little weathered, and beds are a bit beaten. but everything is clean. so for a budget traveler - clean rules! i didn't mind the hotel overall being a bit downtrodden as long as they keep it clean -which they did. suprise benefit- among the best french bread I have ever tasted! (breakfast)
2 night trip May 11, 2013
howie
"Hotel st Andre"
The desk clerks were awsesome to help direct us to restaurants and events.The breakfast brought to our room at the time asked was very nice!Housekeeping could be improved.
1 night trip May 2, 2013
"Perfect"
I went because of location price and the emphasis on bi lingual multicultural openness. As a non French speaker I was kind of nervous. The people were great! The basic breakfast delivered at my preferred time was basic, but sooo nice! The neighborhood is the gay area, but who cares, everyone was so nice and location was prime. The rooms were über basic. Almost like European bedroom small simple. Not a room for staying in all day. A great place to come home to though! Next door is the youth hostel if ur on a real tight budget. But this is the best for the young traveling couple
2 night trip Apr 25, 2013
Shawn
"Great Hotel close to downtown Montreal. Can't beat"
I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Le St Andre. It was within walking distance of everything I want to see. The room was very clean and you can't beat the free continental breakfast served to you in your room! I will be back!
2 night trip Mar 22, 2013
Alex
"Survival on Hotel Le St-Andre street."
My friends and myself were on the 4th floor but the elevator only went to the 3rd floor. We had to carry our luggage up two flights of stairs. The room was small along with the 13inch TV. The hotel was in a drug infested area were no one could be trusted. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The pictures on your site were not anything like the Hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
Ken
"A short walk from my destination."
This was my second stay at the Hotel Le St Andre and once again I found it to be a perfect fit for my needs at a more than reasonable rate. The staff are all very pleasant and most accommidating. They even suggested to me where to go to find the most secure and least expensive parking within walking distance of the Hotel. The free room service continental breakfast of coffee, juice, two fresh croisants, and two bagettes was served right at the time I requested. I am also impressed with the size of the rooms and the comfort of the beds. I would highly, highly reccommend Hotel Le St Andre to anyone looking for high quality inexpensive accommidations in downtown Montreal, Canada
1 night trip Mar 30, 2013
Alex
"A Fair Hotel !"
This Hotel is Close to a Lot of Interesting things to see. We stayed here because the Hotel we wanted was booked. I would stayed here again, but only if there were no other Hotels in the area. The Staff is Very Friendly, and Helpful. They're also Bilingual, and eager to assist. The downside is that the Rooms we stayed in, although Clean. Were not Modern. No Large, Flat LCD screens or Fancy Beds. The Hotel could use a Major Investment to Upgrades. But, everything does work! Plus, we were surprised that they actually Delivered our Continental Breakfast to our Rooms. And it was Good and Fresh! The Hotel has no Parking of its own. They advice you to park at the nearby Biblioteque Grande which is Cheap at $9.00 a Day. When we were there it was mostly Students staying there. Good Hotel when you're on a tight budget.
3 night trip Mar 15, 2013
Augie
"Good space"
The hotel is centrally located on St. Catherine street and great space for exploring and enjoying the area. The staff was really friendly and helpful with local resources such as parking. The room was fair condition. The bed was comfortable, however, I think the room could have used a little better cleaning.
3 night trip Mar 15, 2013
Aaron
"Excellent location and great service"
I stayed for 3 nights for a cheap price and really enjoyed the hotel. The building is old but the interior was well decorated and renovated. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful when asking info for tourist landmarks. The room was clean, perfectly warm and there was a thermostat so you could adjust it. The bed was comfy enough for a regular sleep; the TV looked old but the screen resolution was good. There was a small fridge which was great for me since I had some perishable food. The bathroom was clean, spacious, and well illuminated; but only the hot water took a while to heat (probably because of the old building). I loved the breakfast delivered to the room every morning at the time I asked. The room was clean and tidy every day when I returned at night. The location is perhaps the best, just 2 blocks from the Berri Metro Station and one block from two 24 hour open big pharmacies where you can get anything you need, and I think about 4 blocks from the bus terminal. I never needed to take the cab, saving time and money. I definitely recommend this hotel.
3 night trip with friends Mar 1, 2013
anthony
"Excellent value!"
When all other hotels were over $100...This was a DEAL! Freshly painted room. Clean sheets. The mattress was newer, but too firm for my taste (not their problem). Cordial (not convivial) staff. Clean bath with plenty of hot water any time of day. Had I known the Uni was so close, I might've stayed elsewhere, but you couldn't hear a peep from the room of the raucus kids in the area. I would definitely stay again.
4 night trip Mar 1, 2013
C
"Hotel of convenience"
My stay in Hotel Le St Andre was awesome- very polite and accomodating staffs, clean room and good breakfast. Never encountered any problem during my stay in this hotel.
4 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2013
Lee
"Relax, see the sights"
Very pleasant stay. The hotel staff was very helpfull to my every need and request for information.
6 night trip with friends Dec 24, 2012
"Good for a budget minded travlers."
Good place to budget for short stay like one or two nights ...would be nice to have a coffee maker / pot in room . I slept well & didnt have any problems around. TV set is not updated.
Other trip Dec 26, 2012
"Good, safe location"
This hotel is clean, quiet, in a convenient and safe area, and at an affordable price.
6 night trip Dec 11, 2012
"great value, great location"
helpful staff, comfortable clean rooms, very good value in a good location, I would return. .
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2012
"clean, simple in a good location."
the continental breakfast delivered to to the room was a very nice touch. The room was clean, the staff nice. It is a very simple and modest hotel. Location is excellent.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"Great Value"
Great value. Front desk was friendly and extremely helpful. Room was clean. The complementary breakfast in delivered to the room is a great touch. Only downside is the tiny parking lot..
2 night trip Oct 12, 2012
Ed
The room was clean but small. The bathroom did not have any electrical outlets. The furniture appeared to be the type that you build yourself. But, the location was great -- Within walking distance of shopping and old town.Would stay here again for the price and location.
1 night family trip Oct 13, 2012
D. Kerner
"Well located small hotel."
Only two blocks to the Berri-UQAM Metro station so easy to get anywhere in Montreal. Serve nice continental breakfast brought right to your room. Free parking available in a limited-sized lot so get there early. Could use a little upgrade in room furniture, lighting and TV. WiFi worked reasonably well.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2012
"Location is good, but that's all"
Went for 3 nights to this hotel. Cleanliness of the room was disappointing - there were someone's hairs on the pillows, although covers looked ironed, lots of stains on the floor everywhere, and condition of the room leaves much more to desire. Guy at the reception kindly offered us another room (smoking one), and we couldn't stay 5 mins there, so just simply exchanged pillows with our first room (no one was in the hotel to change the bed dressing at 11pm). Breakfast is awful, nothing eatable, and coffee is junk. Parking is a plus - saves about $10-15 per day, few slots almost always are available. But be careful entering, must have some tight parking experience. Another plus - is 5 mins to the metro, which takes you to any place in the city. And their wifi works really great all over the hotel. Overall, except for parking, location, and friendliness of the staff the hotel is very bad, I wouldn't go there next time.
Other trip Aug 28, 2012
Yury

"Visit from Toronto"
Very helpful staff. Great location.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
I visit Montreal often and usually stay here. Great location, freindly staff and clean rooms. Stairways and hallways could use a cleaning and you need to bring your own shampoo (and soap) but consistently a good clean hotel for a great price.
2 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Cozy hotel, i'm not difficult. A 3 star hitel to me.. We were happy and will be going back
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"Not too shabby..."
You will be checked in and out before you arrive and leave. Be sure to register for the continental breakfast as there are different times available. The room is not well lit, but the bathroom is. No hairdryer, but there is a TV and small fridge. Most staff are friendly and speak both French and English. Close in proximity to attractions, festivals, and things to do. Be sure to check out the pub next door!
4 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
"Awesome place."
The staff was amazing and was always there for help. The location is great as well.
4 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015