All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1285 Rue St-Andre, Montreal, QC, H2L 3T1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Good internet service
    Room is not nice
"Great location, Very Good Service"
Clean, to the point hotel with a fantastic location and great service. We were in town to see a show and the hotel is a quick walk to the metro. The neighborhood is fun and easy walking to many great restaurants, bars etc. Room was clean if basic. Coffee and croissants delivered to the room for breakfast. Excellent staff.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
"Fantastic hotel for quick stop-over!"
I only spent one night in Montreal but this hotel was perfect. I arrived a few hours before the actual check-in but they already had my room ready so I was able to drop off my suitcase to visit the city. I had to leave early the next morning but the hotel staff were very accommodating and flexible and bought my breakfast to my room at 5am. The hotel is very close to the bus terminal so it's very easy to get to the airport via bus even at 5am.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"A Great Place To Stay In Montreal"
Very good location, walking distance to practically everything in Montreal. Staff is very friendly, and a Great benefit, was the parking spot in the back, which they didn't charge for. That would definitely make me a repeat customer, even though its only a few spots, (first come, first served). Breakfast wasn't all you can eat, but complete-crossant, baguette, 2 coffees, and a juice per person-enough to keep you going till lunch, and they deliver otto your room! I would recommend this room, for Montreal, it's the best deal in town, worth the cost.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
neil
"Return to Montreal in the summer"
I like this small, charming hotel because it is in the gay Village section of Montreal, close to metro Berri Uquam, restaurants, shopping and entertaining summer patio spots along St. Catherine. Breakfast is included and I got to practice my French with the amiable staff.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Affordable hotel, but you can probably do better."
I have stayed several times in this hotel. The main reason to stay here were the location (right in the Latin Quarter, near Saint Catherine street), reasonable price and free parking that was available to many, if not most guests. The parking lot has gotten smaller, based on what the hotel employee told me, and now the parking is hard to come by. The hotel has gotten even more dated and I think is in real need of remodeling. The room had an unpleasant, stale smell that would not go completely away even after we kept the window open for hours. I will try to find something better in this same area of Montreal, even if I have to pay a little bit more.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Leo
"Simple hotel within walking distance to everything"
This is a no frills hotel, but the beds were comfortable, the staff were incredibly kind and helpful, 5 min walk to parking garage, and 15 minute walk to Old Port and Jazz Festival (so very convenient location). We also enjoyed the breakfast delivered to our room each morning (croissants, tea/coffee). Also, the hotel was on a side street off St. Catherine main road, so it was a quiet location, too.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Very European--mixed review"
The hotel is fairly run-down, but otherwise comfortable and well-located. There is VERY limited parking, so try calling ahead to see if you can reserve a parking pass. I was a little grossed-out upon getting to the room and finding some tangles of hair on the bathroom floor, which made me wonder just how clean the room was. There were several long and short dark hairs in the bed and on the pillows/pillowcases, so I wasn't confident the sheets and pillowcases had been laundered. The shower was clean and everything was dusted, and the window A/C unit worked great.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Happy Traveler
"Cruise montreal"
The hotel St andre was a great affordable meeting place for our family cruise vacation. AND it included breakfast in bed. Safety tip. Install shower/tub grab bars. I slipped on the soapy tub floor and fell out onto the floor!! There was nothing to grab onto!!
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Ky-vt
"Tiny shower, great location"
The room was small but OK. However, the shower was really tiny, I guess about 2' x 2'. I peeked into other rooms and they had bathtub. I'm not sure why we got this one. The shower-head could not be adjusted too much which was very challenging too. On the positive side, the location was great: half block to St. Catherine Street which is only for pedestrians in the summer, nice park 1 block away, plenty of restaurants, pharmacy in the corner, 2 metro stations nearby.
3 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Great for the price."
This is an old hotel. Building and rooms are old - needs renovation, some new rugs and furniture. The carpeting was threadbare and wrinkled. However, staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We parked on the premises for free - a big plus! The free continental breakfast was both welcome and delicious! The room was impecably clean! Neighborhood can be "iffy" - lots of drunks and druggies but if you are paying attention you'll be fine. We like the neighborhood - close to good restaraunts and bars, etc. We will stay again. It would be nice if they fixed it up or brought the price down a little to reflect the age/conditions of the building.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Not bad; good price, even better location."
Friendly staff, outstanding location, great price, clean room and best of all: They deliver breakfast to your room EVERY morning (and great coffee too). IT is a great great pick if you're on a budget, and humble. The only negatives are the they need to put curtains on the windows to block the light from waking you up in the morning and (this is funny)..the toilet was too closed to the wall and I had to sit at a 45 degree angle. Other than that, good place, good price and outstanding location.
3 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
"Cheap, friendly and quiet, but poorly maintained"
Watching stained carpets all over the place, gave me thrills and thoughts of what had happened. A lot of cigarette odors inside and out the room. Good wifi connection, closed to many restaurants, downtown and Metro. Stained towels..... not good. Broken sink..... not good. Nevertheless...cheap and very quiet . The breakfast is delivered to your room daily, Coffee, crossaint and baguette with butter jam honey and penaut butter. Beds and pillows were comfortable, No iron, if you are on a business trip... not good. Poor blinds the room was very bright by 5AM.
6 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Ben Raz
"For a good deal.."
What the room lacks in charm it makes up for with a friendly staff and a great locale. Beware parking is limited and the lot is tight!
2 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Room was very small and old. Lose wires were sticking out of the heater in the bathroom and we were a little scared to get anything wet in there. Parking was a challenge! TINY 5 car lot down a very narrow alley with a locked gate that required us to get a key anytime we needed something from the car...staff was very nice about giving us the key and we didn't try to move the car until we left so it was do-able. Not a problem if you don't have a car... Lots of places to eat nearby and close to the subway station. Wood floor was not swept while we were there although the bed was made each day.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"Good Hotel"
The hotel was adequate for our needs and was in walking distance to nearly everything we wanted to see and do in Montreal.
1 night family trip May 27, 2014
"Not a bad place for the price"
Staff were all very nice and helpful. Room is dated - window air conditioner - but it worked. Convenient location. For the price - it's a great deal.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Outstanding value"
The service staff was fantastic; knowledgeable and helpful. My room had a bit of an old smell and the bed on casters rolled away from the wall every time I moved. Overall for the price, location, help, and free parking...great deal!
2 night trip May 7, 2014
"Comfortable hotel near Berri station."
The location of this hotel is great. It is a 20 minute walk to Old Montreal, and less than 5 minutes to Berri station, which is also where you can catch the 747 bus to the airport. Staff was friendly and the room was comfortable. The area may get a little loud on the weekends due to the proximity to the the university and surrounding night clubs.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Ray
"Dirty, I mean really dirty."
Run down, neglected, super dirty carpets that were at least 20 years old, even the floors that could be moped were dirty, forget the bathroom. Should not be rented to any one. Disgusting. Minimum service or better no service. Huge disappointment. Was embarrassed that my friends saw where we stayed. Never again.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
gaby
"Excellent stay"
For the price this hotel was absolutely excellent. We were within walking distance of Chinatown and old montreal. We had free wifi, the room was spacious, and they delivered free breakfast to our room every morning and the time of our choice. Though the hotel was not luxurious it was comfortable and perfect for spending the night before venturing out to beautiful montreal. The hotel staff were excellent, friendly, and helpful. They even allowed us a late checkout and no extra cost. This hotel is definitely underrated and although we stayed at pricier hotels during our stay I would definitely come back to this one first.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
sibia
"Never go there if you can help it."
We booked a standard room, but on arrival, they chucked us to the smallest room in a sad corner of the hotel. The toilet was broken. We asked for a change of room, and they gave us our (original) standard room, but the door lock was faulty. For the price that we paid, there are a lot of hotels around the area that are way better. We moved to a better hotel the next day!
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
torontonian
"Central Location"
Clean room, centrally located, nice and bilingual staff. The room is small, you can hear your neighbor because the door is has a 1/2" gap on the bottom. The neighborhood is pretty good, it is very hard to find parking. I was there in a weekend in November so I was able to find parking but it would be very difficult otherwise. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and they serve right to you door! I would stay again because it is very close to a lot of the attractions..
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2013
"handy to everything as a pedestrian"
price, location, ease of access all great but no parking became pricey across the street at 12.00 daily. i stayed three nights so 36.00 was a hit.
3 night trip Nov 1, 2013
D Randall
"Nice place, a few bugs"
The area had two clear sides. St Catherine's was crowded a bit seedy. The walk to the Convention Center in the opposite direction was pleasant. Breakfast was nice and delivered to the room. Unfortunately my cell did not work and I rely on it for a timepiece. The room did not have an alarm which made it a bit strange since I needed to keep my laptop running to know what time it was. The wake calls were good which save me on departure day. It was not fancy but what I expected and it worked well for my travel purposes.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
larry
"close to must-see sights"
Good location. Very nice and helpful front desk and room service breakfast without surcharge. But very limited parking spaces.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2013
Matthew
"Ok for cheap."
Reserved a single queen room and was given a double bed. When questioned they didn't know what rooms had queens and which had doubles. They were quick to let us know that it is only a 2 star hotel. The next building on the street is a 3 star hostel. For 1 night it was ok but anything longer I would have found someone else.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
"Helpful personnel and great continental breakfast!"
Great location. Would highly recommend it.
4 night trip Oct 2, 2013
Polly
"Central and near main subway stop"
Great location near students and within half hour walk of most of downtown. The parking was minimal (about 6 spaces behind hotel down a NARROW alley). Breakfast had to be brought to your room on a tray since there was no place designated as dining area. The bed was a bit lump, but the wi-fi was solid and your can't beat being in the middle of things.
2 night trip Sep 16, 2013
The Taylors
"good location, helpful staff"
The hotel is old and very run down. Rooms are small. Hotel staff was very helpful, location was great. Didn't spend much time in the hotel so it was ok.
2 night trip Sep 25, 2013
"great for a low key night"
Was very please with this hotel. Got there at 11 am when check in isn't till 3pm and our room was ready already. We had a very basic room and friendly service, although we asked for some suggestions for places to eat and the concierge wasn't very helpful that way.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2013
"Gracious and helpful manager"
The room had two separate bathrooms, which was nice as there were three of us staying in it. Good location. Nice staff. Good value.
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2013
Pros: Great location for The Village, croissants delivered to room every morning, quiet. Cons: needs some updating, lumpy pillows. This place served us well. It was about what I expected for the price. Bathroom not in the best shape but not horrible. Room was small but not an issue for us. Overall good experience.
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2013
"Disappointing condition."
Staff was lovely and VERY helpful. Location is convenient - in the Latin Quarter close to lots of nightlife. That said, streets can be a little rowdy at night. Hotel rooms are very dated and I had expected a more cleanly room based on the website pictures. For those of you who are seeking inexpensive spot to crash, this is a good spot. For those who require a little more by way of cleanliness, room accommodations, you are better off staying in the center of town.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"pleasant staff nice location shabby room"
room was a bit disappointing but the convenient location was a great surprise. Didn't know Montreal at all but walk out half a block to cafes, a few more blocks to old city, cathedral, lots to see. Free parking was full but across the street a lot was $8. Good internet, breakfast brought to room (i hoped for better coffee but nice croissants) no extra charges for anything. staff very pleasant.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Le St. Andre. Breakfast delivered every morning. Clean affordable and comfortable simple cozy room and free Wi-Fi. Courteous and friendly staff. I would definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit to Montreal and I would also recommend this hotel to my friends.
4 night trip Jul 21, 2013
Brendan
"just ok"
From the degraded (compared to the photo) condition of the exterior, to the seriously tired lobby, to the room's shabby old tv, sad bedding, insufficient air conditioner w confusing and miniscule buttons and labels, everything was ok at best with some bits being awful. The price was good and the hotel's proximity to the Olympia Theatre was the driving force in my staying there, which I would likely not do again.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"interesting Experience"
Amiacable extremely helful staff rooms needed 2 b cleaner and could have used rustoleum paint and dust bunny attack!
1 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"I'm sure it was nice many years ago"
The great thing about this hotel is that it is close to the Village and St Denis where we found many fun street cafes, street performers, etc. We also walked to the old port, old town, and chinatown. One block away we rented the BIXI bicycles and rode to the Islands where Expo67 took place. The Metro(subway) is also close.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"Convenient, old world, full of charm"
A great place if you want to be in the center of the action, and experience the authenticity of Montreal. If you are looking for the slick chain hotel experience, go elsewhere. If you want a genuine experience with wonderful staff and interesting guests, this is your hotel. You can walk to Old Montreal, Rue St. Catherine, and many other interesting places. Full of charm. And affordable.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"Great location for some weekend fun"
Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of The Village so it makes it easy to have a good night on the town with friends and walk back to your hotel with a friendly staff and comfortable bed near by. Although located downtown (the Village), the hotel is located on a very quiet street without much foot traffic or cars.
4 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Aaron
Le St Andre' is only 2 blocks from the Berri-UQAM Metro stop and a half block off Rue Ste. Catherine which makes it very conveniently located to restaurants, bars and clubs. Hotel personnel were courteous and helpful with information. A very positive experience!
6 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2013
"Good value for the location"
This hotel's saving grace is its location, right off of St. Catherine in the gay village. The room was spartan; small with a fairly uncomfortable bed and a broken air conditioner, but it was clean. They deliver breakfast to your room in the AM if you want it (croissants, coffee or tea plus additional bread for some reason) and there is a free parking in the back if you're lucky enough to grab a spot. This is an excellent option for any traveler on a budget.
2 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2013
"Good enough for the price."
Overall this hotel was in a great location, staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean, the shower was good & I like having a fridge in my room. Downside, it was loud, both inside and out, the room was a bit small and the bed was hard and uncomfortable.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"rough around the edges, but sweet inside"
great location because it's near the intersection of two major metro lines. also plenty of shops and low end restaurants. surrounding neighborhood is the clubbing area , so great for clubbers. however, when you are not clubbing, the area is rife with beggars. reception is freindly and helpful as are staff. hotel is a little weathered, and beds are a bit beaten. but everything is clean. so for a budget traveler - clean rules! i didn't mind the hotel overall being a bit downtrodden as long as they keep it clean -which they did. suprise benefit- among the best french bread I have ever tasted! (breakfast)
2 night trip May 11, 2013
howie
"Hotel st Andre"
The desk clerks were awsesome to help direct us to restaurants and events.The breakfast brought to our room at the time asked was very nice!Housekeeping could be improved.
1 night trip May 2, 2013
"Perfect"
I went because of location price and the emphasis on bi lingual multicultural openness. As a non French speaker I was kind of nervous. The people were great! The basic breakfast delivered at my preferred time was basic, but sooo nice! The neighborhood is the gay area, but who cares, everyone was so nice and location was prime. The rooms were über basic. Almost like European bedroom small simple. Not a room for staying in all day. A great place to come home to though! Next door is the youth hostel if ur on a real tight budget. But this is the best for the young traveling couple
2 night trip Apr 25, 2013
Shawn
"Great Hotel close to downtown Montreal. Can't beat"
I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Le St Andre. It was within walking distance of everything I want to see. The room was very clean and you can't beat the free continental breakfast served to you in your room! I will be back!
2 night trip Mar 22, 2013
Alex
"Survival on Hotel Le St-Andre street."
My friends and myself were on the 4th floor but the elevator only went to the 3rd floor. We had to carry our luggage up two flights of stairs. The room was small along with the 13inch TV. The hotel was in a drug infested area were no one could be trusted. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The pictures on your site were not anything like the Hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
Ken
"A short walk from my destination."
This was my second stay at the Hotel Le St Andre and once again I found it to be a perfect fit for my needs at a more than reasonable rate. The staff are all very pleasant and most accommidating. They even suggested to me where to go to find the most secure and least expensive parking within walking distance of the Hotel. The free room service continental breakfast of coffee, juice, two fresh croisants, and two bagettes was served right at the time I requested. I am also impressed with the size of the rooms and the comfort of the beds. I would highly, highly reccommend Hotel Le St Andre to anyone looking for high quality inexpensive accommidations in downtown Montreal, Canada
1 night trip Mar 30, 2013
Alex
"A Fair Hotel !"
This Hotel is Close to a Lot of Interesting things to see. We stayed here because the Hotel we wanted was booked. I would stayed here again, but only if there were no other Hotels in the area. The Staff is Very Friendly, and Helpful. They're also Bilingual, and eager to assist. The downside is that the Rooms we stayed in, although Clean. Were not Modern. No Large, Flat LCD screens or Fancy Beds. The Hotel could use a Major Investment to Upgrades. But, everything does work! Plus, we were surprised that they actually Delivered our Continental Breakfast to our Rooms. And it was Good and Fresh! The Hotel has no Parking of its own. They advice you to park at the nearby Biblioteque Grande which is Cheap at $9.00 a Day. When we were there it was mostly Students staying there. Good Hotel when you're on a tight budget.
3 night trip Mar 15, 2013