All hotels in Groton, Connecticut, United States of America
605 Gold Star Hwy, Groton, CT, 06340, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

2.7
Hotel was okay for a one night stay. No bath towels in our room. Room was either too cold or too hot.
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Thank you. We will use this your feedback to make changes. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
BREAKFAST IS A JOKE NO DISH TOWELS FOR KITCHEN WALL PAPER COMING OFF
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
On behalf of our team, I would like to apologize. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a better experience.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Never Again"
While I did not expect a 5 Star experience, the rooms were cold with no heating units in the living room areas. There were holes in the walls, disgusting stains on the furniture, caked in food in the microwave, and the light switches didn't all work.
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements. I hope that you will consider staying with us again.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Philip
"Close to casinos"
Rooms are VERY large! A bit out-dated, but the room more than served our purpose for an overnight at the casinos without paying casino pricing. Very quiet, fridge, microwave and sitting chairs. Great value for the price! No restaurant onsite, but nearby many food choices.
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to let us know regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
Cathy
"I will go there again"
The Econo Lodge exceeded my expectations. When I arrived the gentlemen at the front desk was prompt and smiling. He noticed my room was a standard and he upgraded me to a suite without charging me. The room was big and well equipped with a kitchen, stove, refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven. The living space was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Will stay there again.
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Thank you. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2014
Tim Smith
"Awesome"
what bang for the buck ! room was awesome and big. comfy beds , bedspread outdated but who cares
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Thank you. Hope to see you soon.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2014
"Comfortable and quiet"
Our room was equipped with a microwave and a fridge, which was useful when it snowed, and snowed! The breakfast was pretty minimal, but again we didn't need to go out in the snow to get a bite. When we did, there is a lovely pizza restaurant very close that has wonderful food! Next time we are here, we will ask for housekeeping service, which we didn't have for three days.
3 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2014
"Great for the price"
I came in from NewYork with some friends to go over to the casinos. Not only was the room 40$, but it was very nice for the price. For something that size with all that was included (a basic kitchen,living room,and separate room), you would be paying well over 100 in new York, especially for a low end hotel. The staff was nice, the rooms were clean, I had a great time, especially because the room was so beyond my expectations. For the prices they charge, you can't go wrong. I even arrived much later then the check in time and my room was still waiting for me. I will definitely come back next time I go to the casinos, which were less then 20 minutes away.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"great"
Staff were great
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Thank You for the feedback. Hope to see you soon.
2 night family trip Feb 8, 2014
martin
"Great Hotel Great Value!"
Large spacious room, friendly front desk, comp breakfast and clean facility
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Thank You for taking the time to let everyone know about our place. Hope to see you soon.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2014
Brandon
"ok for the price"
We stayed in a King efficiency suite. The bedroom was nice enough. The living room and bathroom were unheated. There was a vent from the bedroom into the living room but heat did not transfer. We didn't use the kitchen but it seemed pretty neglected. Overall everything was pretty clean but there is some basic upkeep needed- Wallpaper peeling off the wall, dripping kitchen sink. Continental breakfast was okay - included cereal, bagels, toast, English muffins, remade waffles, fruit, juice and coffee. For the price it wasn't horrible, just not as nice as you'd want a hotel to be. I probably wouldn't stay here again, especially in the winter.
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Thank you for taking the time letting us know about your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations, and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2014
"No Frills. No ills"
Clean, friendly and above my expectations. The only complaint is the room took all night forthe room to warm up.
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
"nice stay"
the hotel staff is very friendly. the hotel room is nice, except by bathroom light covering was removed, as well as the shower cap for the shower and both the microwave and fridge were dirty.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
caitlin
"OK for the money"
Went to Mohegan Sun to see Prince. Took a cab from this hotel, cost was $30. The hotel was marginal at best. The first room they put us in had a heating system that had been unplugged and disassembled. Got switched to another room. It was cheap and it should have been. It was clean but clearly run down.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Convenient to Casino and other attractions"
Reasonable rates and spacious room worked well for our weekend get away. Our room on the first floor offered a kitchen and sitting area and ample space to relax. The hotel is set a bit back from the road and was quiet and pleasant.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
we had ajoining rooms thank god the person next to us was with us cause our door wasn't able to lock. It looked like they kicked it in. Microwave was filthy I MEAN REALLY FILTHY, good thing we didn't need to use it..
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
ellen
"Big clean suite near Foxwoods"
Perfect for the price. For about $100 we got a large suite on a Saturday night with a stove, full fridge, huge "living" room with tv, separate bedroom with a king bed and tv, and separate bath with shower/tub combo.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"AWFUL STAFF, AWFUL SERVICE, DIRTY ROOMS!!"
The only good thing about this place was the moment I walked out of the hotel and drove away. If it let me, I would give this place all zeros. The gentleman (general manager) who checked us in was friendly, other than that the women overnight and at check out were rude, inconsiderate and unprofessional. We were blatantly called liars because apparently we snuck people in through the back door, (which was non-existent) when clearly we walked right past the front desk through the front door. Also, we were rudely called at 7am and was forced to go to the front desk. The lady at the desk was trying to force us to check out because "someone else is coming to check into the room" when check out is at 11am and people aren't even allowed to check in before 4pm. Everyone save your money and the headache and go to a different hotel, I am sure there are many different hotels in the area with much pleasurable staff and cleaner and updated rooms.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2013
"not what they promised"
Was upset that I was told we could do early check in and then when we arrived was told no they didn't have a room ready. After a little discussion all of a sudden they had a room ready for us. Was disappointed in the room for the price we paid it was run down with wall paper falling off the wall and a huge leak in the ceiling from the room above us.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
KS
"last minute book for vacation"
the room was big and u pretty much get what you are paying for..it wasnt the worst but wasnt the best either...channel selection was pretty bad..location wasnt bad for where we were going
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2013
michael
"great location,"
Our room faced the back and was exceptionally quiet. Location is hard to beat. However the room which is billed as having the things you need for an extended stay simply did not. I had to tape up the shower drain valve so the the tub would drain. The flush valve on the toilet needed work. On the plus side the bed was comfortable and this counts for a lot.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Reasonably priced, but you get what you pay for"
We stayed here many years ago when it was known as The Sojourner Inn and it was fantastic. The pictures on the Webb are misleading at best. While the rooms were clean and the staff pleasant the place is in need of a major upgrade. The carpets are old and worn, the wallpaper is peeling in all of the rooms in our suite and the entire place needs an upgrade. The stove and refrigerator in our suite looked like something out of the 70's. We won't be going back anytime soon!
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Marty
"Dated but big!"
The room was big but older. We had to buy towels because the towels were small and they only gave you one. It also had a stain on it. It had a kitchenette but no plates silver wear or pots for the kitchen. The staff was really nice. I would come here again but bring my own stuff.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
shannon
"Great hotel near Mystic"
We were very nicely surprised to discover not a normal hotel room, but a very spacious, clean hotel suite... the rate was very reasonable... it was so nice to have the sitting/lounge area separate from the bedroom... there is a very nice kitchen and a clean bathroom... close to Mystic, New London and shore points... staff was very friendly and helpful... overall we would give this hotel a 4-5 star rating.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Harry
I was impressed. I expected the worst from reading reviews after I already booked the room. When my son and I got there we had a very pleasant stay the room was big and very clean. It had a microwave and refrigerator which was very convenient.
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2013
Jodi
"close to family wedding"
Hotel was in transition, new owners. bathrooms were clean and room was spacious. was in the process of updating.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Great Casino alternative"
As college students we just wanted a cheap way to spend a night at the Casino. The rooms were much bigger than expected at a very low cost. Would stay again
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Nice Hotel needs small improvements"
We chose this hotel because of the price, location and kitchenette. Traveling with a toddler I needed to be able to bring him food and keep it cold. They let us check in early for his nap which was wonderful! There was some peeling wallpaper and the shower rod curtain rod needed to be repaired. Only a couple of the windows opened, they have those cranks that you have to turn and the other two were broken. Overall our stay was great and with a few small room improvements the hotel could get another star.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Comfortable"
My stay was great. My room was comfy I purchased the suite with the kitchen so I was able to cook instead of buying out. There was a Walmart up the street that made all of my need simple. I would definanately stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Tamika
"Comfortable and Friendly"
The staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable as well as very reasonably priced. I have stayed there before and would do so again.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2013
"Do not recommend ever"
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We had the unfortunate luck of staying here this past Labor Day weekend. I have never encountered such rude staff in my life. The hotel was dirty, wallpaper falling off the walls, and the sheets were so stained we chose to lay down our towels and sleep on top of the bed. There are plenty of hotels within this location and my advice is to find another.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
The name has changed to Econo Lodge. Therefore, it was very difficult to find since the name on Hotels.com is never on a sign.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Visiting Friends"
We found the motel clean quiet and staff very friendly. We would stay again the next time we are in the area
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Nana
"The whole place smelled like an ashtray."
Fortunately we only had to stay 1 night. The clean clothes in my suitcase smelled like as dirty ashtray when I opened it. The place is a disaster. They had food set up in the lobby of some sort but I wouldn't think of eating any of it!
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Chritine
"needs a lot of serious maintence"
Checked in the first night. Room was clean, no silverware, one small plate,and a hole in wall near door where someone punched it. Told the desk person they said they knew the hole was there. Went out next day shopping and sightseeing. When we came back, room was never touched, no clean towels, nothing cleaned. Went to see desk clerk, while i was there i saw they had wirlpool suites, i asked if i could just move. I paid extra for suite, after we were moved in we were going to run a tub and relax in wirlpool. suprise no cold water in bath room. Told desk clerk, I was they could have someone look at it in morning. By morning Water cooled down enough so to add a little more hot water and my wife got a bath. No shower for me, too hot. will never stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"the worst hotel/motel stay of my life"
drove up to a disheveled outside. walked into a lobby that smelled bad. reservation was made for 3 people with pre- registration info that we would need to use pull out sofa. when opening it there was no sheet, pillow, or blanket nor was there any in the room. hotel provided 1 bath towel for 3 people. room was dirty. stove top was charred from burning. there was 1 little vent from bedroom to living room. in order to get some air into living room person in bedroom couldn't sleep because it was ice cold. breakfast was served in smelly lobby
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
nat
"would def stay again"
great place staff are very polite only issue i had was that the a.c. would shut off everytime i turned it on and wifi wouldn't connect in my room. other than that the room was clean and comfortable. i would def stay again
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Converting to an Econolodge...good value"
Only stayed one night...had a bit of trouble finding the hotel due to the name change (signs now say Econolodge). Hotel decor is a bit tired, but I'm sure that the new owner will refresh things a bit. No issues with our stay..friendly desk staff.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Good size room."
The property and hotel looked as if it was abandoned. When we entered there was that smell that others have talked about as well as no AC on. But!! With all that a side the room itself was fairly large. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the AC worked well in our room. Also, we got to the free breakfast as it started at 6 am, and it wasn't bad for free. Over all this is nothing close to updated, modern, or remotely close. A good value if you do not mind outward appearances as being old and run down and rooms not modern.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Erica
"Terrible hotel,"
The room smell smoke, very old furniture. The hotel is very harable.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Ed
Great !
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2013
"Need remodel"
Hotel rooms are too outdated, need to be remodeled badly. At least the room size is big. Breakfast is barely just two kinds of cereal, coffee and orange juice, not much to choose from.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Overall the hotel was run down (the tub would not drain unless you held the drain lever open). I was charged an additional fee for linens for an in-room pull out couch.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Cliff C
"horrible stay"
got there couldn't open the door manager said bang on it first, got inside room was like an oven, no toilet paper had to back downstairs to get some, refrigerator not working told them, they never fixed it or replaced it said they didn't have complaints about it before. no hairdryer, coffee maker, iron in room, asked for wake up call never got one was late for my meeting. pictures not true wish I had my camera with me. burn holes in carpets. inside of microwave dirty, mattress hard as a rock, couldn't open windows cranks were broken. would never recommend this motel to anyone it is so not worth it.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
dawn
"Out of the way, old, run down..."
This place is great if you need a cheap stay near Mystic and casinos...just expect to drive a bit. Don't expect luxury, they don't even have an ironing board you can borrow, just an iron. The wallpaper is peeling, place needs a MAJOR facelift. We stayed in a nice big place, like a small apartment - kitchenette, fridge, etc... One AC in the whole place that is LOUD!!! Enjoy... :)
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Far too remote"
Would never return. The hotel needs upgrades. the carpeting was dirty and ripped. The walls in our room had huge holes in the drywall with no attempts at repair. The breakfast was very meager in comparison to others. No one explained where the milk and other things were so i saw young children eating their cereal cold and without any milk. Overall, I wiashed we had left. Finally, the hotel is still using old signage so we passed it by several times before stopping.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Broken Beds"
Not a horrible place, however the hallways smelled of colorox and the beds were broken, one had a visible dip in the middle. Rooms could definitely use updating.
1 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2013
"Ok"
Very Large room with kitchen and seating area And seperate bed room...a lot of room for the money
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
mark
"worst accommodations ever"
Peeling wallpaper Suite had only one AC unit, kitchen/living area hot Musty smell Hole in wall by shower head Only one remote for two TVs no radio or alarm in room
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Howard
Very disapointed that this hotel is being misrepresented online. It is no longer the Sojourner Inns & Suites (changed to Econolodge). All appliances except the TV were EXTREMELY OLD. The room was basically clean, however, the following amenities: cookware/dishes/utensils/iron/ironing board/hair dryer/newspaper) were not provided in the room, as advertised online.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013