All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2525 West Loop S, Houston, TX, 77027, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Hotel Derek Rocks!"
Great stay!
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
Wonderful
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
Michelle O
"Getaway"
Very nice room- good location-- extremely clean and comfortable! Did not like that room was stocked with very expensive snacks and drinks!
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Horrible Stay"
Check- in time was at 3pm but the rooms were not ready to 5p. Someone gave my room number at the restaurant and so there was a $81.00 charge i had to dispute. They customer service individuals were very unprofessional. Will never stay there again.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Avery
"High expectations met with low results"
Housekeeping forgot to clean our room and the hotel became "party central" after 3 am with people roaming our floor and banging doors.
2 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Very nice hotel"
I stayed here on a business trip and was very impressed with the hotel. I would book again.
3 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Matthew
"nice hotel"
Everything was perfect the only thing I had an issue with is that the entire facility is nonsmoking. They don't offer any smoking rooms so you have to go outside to have a cigarette and while I was there it was raining and there were no covered smoking areas available. This was a major inconvenience, but other than that everything was great.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
wade
"Good place"
Nice place
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"Business Trip from ATX"
Enjoyed my stay. I was in town for business, and thoroughly enjoyed the location with exception of rush hour traffic. The in-house restaurant was delicious. I was tempted to watch the Splash movie (movie by the pool), but the outdoor temperature wasn't very accommodating. My only constructive criticism was the front desk didn't direct me how to show proof I paid my parking expenses. When I tried to leave the parking garage, it was a bit of a mess. On my next trip, I will be more prepared.
1 night business trip Feb 13, 2015
Leslie
"Weekend Getaway"
The hotel was very nice with contemporary decor. The bath tub drained slowly, an experience that I noted someone else also had. But, the room was quite comfortable.
3 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Ivan
"Not impressed, will not return."
Older hotel, remodeled but they missed a few key features like the shower, and the popcorn ceiling. Very noisy building with creaks, water running through the walls, etc. Hotel staff, while polite, did not communicate with each other well, which in turn caused some unnecessary discrepancies. The best part about our stay was the valet parking, they were great, polite, and quick.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Rachel
"Good nights sleep"
overnight stay but room was excellent. Did not get to experience room service or any other service. View from room over city was the best. Will definitely stay here again
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
gary
Awesome....
2 night trip Feb 6, 2015
"Hotel Derek's a great getaway spot in Houston!"
Great place to stay in Houston in a great location. The hotel was excellent as was the service, except for the slower than average check-in during peak check-in time. I'll definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
"Looks good from the outside"
We enjoyed our stay in spite of;1. Paying excessively for parking. 2. Hotel and parking lot not real convenient to one another.3. Guests next door partying all night, too much late night activity for an expensive hotel.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Marc
"Bday Celebration"
Pleasure
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
Love staying at the Derek. It's convenient for my work and the shuttle is a great plus. The Beet Salad in the restaurant was fabulous.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
Pamela
"improved from prior reviews"
Problems mentioned in other reviews seem to have been addressed. Front desk, ba manager and wairess friendly and helpful. We stayed here 4-5 years ago, and it could use some spiffing up.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Close to Galleria"
Hotel conveniently located. Free shuttle within three mile radius. Slightly outdated and tired decor, but comfortable with extremely helpful staff.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"DONT DO THE DEREK"
Dumpy , dirty, over rated, over priced, horrible food
2 night family trip Jan 25, 2015
Lars
"Derek"
Great Hotel, Great Location.
4 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
"Not a happy stay!"
Unfortunately, Hotel Derek allows pets. They also allow the owners of such pets to leave their pets in the rooms unattended until 2:00 in the morning. And also, unfortunately, they can do nothing about a barking dog no matter how many times you call and complain. So, from 9:30 pm to 2:00 am, no sleep. When discussed with the front desk staff the next morning, they were very apologetic, but offered me nothing in return for a lost night of sleep. It's too bad, b/c rest of stay was fine and service seemed very good. However, when your paying $300/night, I expect better service than "We're Sorry" when an entire nights sleep was ruined. I was there for a seminar, had to present, etc. I was not a happy camper.
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Bradford
"It is a boutique hotel near the Galleria."
From the moment we walked in and were greeted we knew we would love this hotel. Darling Texas decor, shuttle service within 3 miles at our disposal, happy hour, great staff, lovely room...Just loved it!
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Quiet, clean, and comfortable! Came in on business with low expectations. I left impressed. Will stay again!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Harry
"Do not stay at this hotel!"
My experience at the Hotel Derek was a nightmare! I didn't get a minute's sleep due to the noise and door-banging which carried on until 7am. There was obviously a BIG party going on on my floor which was completely ignored by the night staff. The type of clientele was questionable to say the least. I would steer clear of this hotel altogether. The worst hotel experience I have ever had.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"houston hotel"
Shower leaked whole stay They didn't replace the towels daily Room semed dated in need of repairs Not worth $300. A night
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Hotel Derek"
The stay overall was ok. The room was sort of small and the walls were so thin I could hear my next door neighbor clearly and their whole conversation and their loud music.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"We will return!"
Our daughter and her husband live in the River Oaks neighborhood. The hotel was very convenient for visiting, shopping and hopping on the 610. Also, we enjoyed the delicious brunch and commercial coffee shop right in the lobby! The lobby decor is colorful and inviting. Staff was friendly and the valet service was also friendly and prompt. We definitely will stay here on our return trip to Houston!
3 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Kathleen
"Only negative was the pillows. Way too hard."
Nice hotel convenient traffic was horrible around the hitel
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
vip
"$100 PET FEE"
I paid $84 for the room and $100 for my dog. This is not a deposit, but a FEE. This hotel is NOT "pet friendly."
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Best for more "youthful" patrons."
A great hotel for a younger, more trendy crowd, but I'd advise something a little more traditional for straight-laced business types. For example, I'd stay with my wife on a weekend away, but wouldn't put my boss up here. Overall a great experience, but there was quite a bit of noise. It sounded like they were doing construction both inside and outside the hotel. Certain rooms near the road are also noisy.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Great place to stay!"
We really enjoyed our stay. I loved the modern vibe that the hotel has, very nice decor. Really had a nice time at the bar , drinks were awesome. We will definitely stay here again . Would recommend this hotel to others! Only minutes away from the Galleria1
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Camico
"Very Nice"
Very nice hotel. Besides a medium size spot on the carpet that was very wet it was great. You will have to pay for parking which is not stated when you reserve a room
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Greg
"Too busy for the staff they had."
It took us 45 mins plus to check out of our hotel. The bellman only came after calling twice and having to wait over 35 minutes. There was always only one person at the desk even when there was 10 plus people in line. My card was charged for the hotel stay even after I expressed I would pay cash for the room 100 times. I understood the incidentals which was ok but now I am waiting for the $400 hold to come off my account :( WORST EVER
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"My stay was ok"
The only issue I have is that there was no microwave in the room, I had to keep getting a new hotel key to get in and out of the garage. Side NOTE: As expensive as the hotel is the candy should be free but all is well.
3 night trip Jan 7, 2015
"VERY SATISFIED"
VERY FRIENDLY STAFF, ROOMS VERY CLEAN. ENJOYED OUR STAY. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
"Early Sunday morning service could be better"
Loved the lobby and the room, but our breakfast order was 15 minutels late and the Valet took 15 minutes to pull our vehicle up at 7:15am when no other cars were being called for. I was late to work that morning because of all of the delays.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Nice urban hotel"
Great location just across from the mall. Contemporary urban theme is a nice change of scenery from your typical ordinary four-star hotel. Valet staff is very friendly and quick at getting your vehicle. Will definitely stay there again in the future.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
donnie
"Neat hotel!"
We loved the hotel and the location.Our twin grandsons must have played 100 games of pool. The short walk to the Galleria was perfect to stretch our legs and get some exercise after the long drive in. The front desk was quick and easy to work with. We had a great time.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Dr. Dan
They did not replace towels teice, we had to call front desk to bring is towels
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Overnight stay in town"
Just needed an overnight stay. Only real complaint was the way overpriced breakfast that was cold and overall no good. Otherwise, stay was fine.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Pleasent stay"
This hotel was much more than we expected for the price. However they do get you with the added fees and parking cost. Still this was a fantastic deal.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great Value!"
Visited for Texas Bowl. Hotel greatly exceeded our expectations. I would definitely recommend this property.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Raven
"Great Hotel. Mediocre Staff."
The hotel is really nice and clean. it's centrally located and very convenient to Galleria Mall just dowb the road. The staff there leaves something to be desired. Seems the staff is more concerned with lecturing guests on policies than on creating an environment that fosters positive and memorable guest experiences. I felt like a little kid at check in when the front desk agent lectured me about how they are serious about their no smoking policy and they are auick to charge a guest room with no warning for smoking in the room. The guys in Valet are not very attentive and seem to move with zero sense of urgency to retrieve a guests car. Overall - GREAT FACILITIES, Mediocre team = forgettable experience.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
kenny
"Good location, minus the traffic."
It's a bit of a pain to get in and out onto Westheimer, but if you use the back entrance on the access road you can get around ok. The lobby was nice, and the room was very spacious. Only complaint was the room safe failed (with my stuff locked in it) but maintenance was there in 30 minutes to resolve.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
"Very pleased."
We stayed for a bowl game and had a great time. The staff and accommodations were excellent.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Modern, sleek, clean and comfortable."
Loved the location, the decor, the convenience and excellent rooms. The food and food service in the bar needs considerable focus. Staff was totally unfamiliar with the menu items, was unorganized and the food items sounded very interesting in the menu, but the food quality fell way below the hype.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Jimmy
"Close to everything"
Nice proximity to restaurants bars, galleria Overall nice place to stay
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Stacy
"Cool atmosphere"
Parking fees are high and it's hard to get in and out due to traffic on the corner, but otherwise this hotel has a super cool atmosphere and unique decor. Good location near Loop 610 and Galleria. Bar closed too early, as we'd intended to get drinks after an 8pm Monday night football game, arriving at hotel just before midnight, and bar had already closed. Restaurant had good food. Hotel is wonderful and can't wait to stay there again.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
candi
"Quick trip"
Parking was steep and not expected at checkout - overall good
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014