All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America

Comfortable
    Room is all right
    Bad breakfast
"Dissapointing experience"
During our stay I tried to charge some of our electrical devices and when doing so, the outlets would not hold the plugs. They were so old the plugs just fell out. Then when the toilet became clogged, the hotel desk attendant told me where to go get the plunger. After all that we tried to modify our stay 3 days prior to our check out day. The hotel staff said it cannot be done due to us booking thru a 3rd party (hotels.com). So if you would like to feel taken care of during your stay/vacation, stay somewhere else.
4 night family trip Apr 6, 2016
"No dogs? No stay"
Bedspread had something gross stuck on it. Room was noisy because of ice machine outside our door and there were no other available rooms. We would not return, especially because dogs are not allowed despite proximity to dog friendly Carmel
1 night trip with friends Apr 9, 2016
Judith
"No."
No accommodation by staff, rough room, go somewhere else.
1 night romance trip Mar 2, 2016
"Nice and cozy"
Room was great! Only downside is its an old hotel so we heard the people walking around upstairs and walls were paper thin so we heard everything going on around us. Fireplace was nice and they provided a log for each night. They offered great rates so we stayed an extra night. It was super close to all the shopping and things we wanted to do but not close enough to have to deal with the crowd. I would definitely stay here my next trip to monterey. Thumbs up.
1 night romance trip Mar 18, 2016
"Great Location, Very Clean"
Great Value for business trip to Monterey....nothing fancy but room was clean and bed was comfortable.
2 night business trip Mar 9, 2016
T.J.
"Couples getaway"
Aside from the crack on the bathroom mirror and a big chip on the tile floor, it was a really nice room.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
"Great Rooms, Service only ok..."
Overall very good. The only problem was that it took too long to check in.
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2016
jonathan
"Room needs serious attention."
Stay somewhere else. We booked two nights but had trouble with the booking so had to book each night separately. This was no fault of the hotel. When we got there we were told that although they were both King rooms, one had a fireplace so we would stay in the one room one night and then would have to pack up our stuff, check out at 11:00 and come back at 3:00. I went over it with the young man at the desk a few times to ensure I understood him correctly and he said yes, that is what we had to do. Vacancy sign the whole time we were there. He made absolutely zero effort to try to accommodate or try to help us. After going around in circles for 10 minutes, finally he said it came down to money. $10 to be exact. All that for $10. We opened up the room and were greeted by an unpainted plywood box on the floor with nails sticking out of it and a very hard, uncomfortable mattress on top. Some sort of black goo on the bedspread, a bathroom door that wouldn't stay closed because the striker plate was missing and there was a jagged hole. Lumpy gobbed on plaster work. Caution: Do not book a fireplace room if you are a non smoker. The bedding wreaked of smoke from the fireplace. The pillows were good. Continental breakfast was coffee and bread products and isn't available til 8:00 a.m., no coffee makers in the rooms so if you want coffee earlier than that, get in your vehicle and go find some. Good tv channels, fridge, microwave in the room.
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2016
"Nice hotel in a good location"
Stayed for two nights to visit fisherman's wharf. The room was good sized, the bathroom was clean, and the front of the hotel was cleaned to a near spotless degree.
2 night family trip Mar 2, 2016
ERIC
Came in to Monterey for the Jeff Bridges concert at the Golden State Theater. The hotel location was perfect, clean, great service, perfect for an overnighter. Walking distance to downtown, the theater, wharf. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2016
"Would Stay Here Again!!!"
I visit Monterey Ca. often and have stayed at many motels, so I will rate this motel in the order that is important to me on a scale of 1 to 10... 1 being very bad and 10 being the best... Comfort of bed ---------= 7 Quietness / Noise Level = 8 Safe Location ----------= 8 Cleanliness ------------= 10 Parking ----------------= 7 Bathroom & Shower ------= 8 My only complaint is that when I called the motel to confirm my appointment, and also confirm that I was going to get a room upstairs, I was told from the front desk person at this motel that I did have a room upstairs confirmed, however when I got to the motel that afternoon, I was told that the room that was initially confirmed for me, was given to someone else, so therefore I was very disappointed! On a positive note, my stay at this motel was still a good one, and the fireplace was very pleasant! The motel staff were very nice and polite... I spoke with a maid and she was very nice and told my wife and I how grateful she feels to work for this motel because the new owners treat the staff very well, but do expect all of their employees to do a great job! From what I learned, this motel is under new ownership and the new owners are very picky about cleanliness, and they really want to do many upgrades to make this a nice motel. I would defiantly stay here again and would hope to get the room that I actually reserved on my next visit!
2 night romance trip Feb 26, 2016
Kerry
"Great stay at Pelican BAY Inn"
Had a good time, close to Pacific Grove and Seaside. Shopping, fisherman's wharf, and downtown Monterey.
2 night romance trip Feb 26, 2016
"Would stay again!"
Clean, quiet and friendly!
1 night trip Feb 20, 2016
kendra
Had an amazing time, and my kids enjoyed it as well.
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2016
"Good Location"
liked that's a smaller hotel. great distance from park/wharf.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2016
"very nice place to stay. no complaints"
i enjoyed this stay. a small hotel but quiet and clean. and a real FP with a compressed wood log. it was a good sized room. breakfast was cereal and toast and a small area, but clean and organized. the man who checked me in and out was very friendly and helpful. youll be amazed as he looks 18, but is 29. and is quite intelligent. I would stay again with no hesitation
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2016
steve
...Had a very relaxing stay here, quiet and great location.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
Max
"I love Monterey"
It was nice & very relaxing
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Tamika

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

This hotel was excellent. I will definitely return if I am ever in the area!
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2016
Ryan

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Fint hotel. Godt til prisen"
Vi have 1 overnatning paa dette motel med en Lille hyggelig have. Meget venlig betjening, super beliggenhed I forhold Carmel med shopping. Kan varmt anbefales Morgenmad er var fin.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2016
Kirsten
DK
"Rekomenderas"
Riktigt bra motell för övernattning. Parkering utanför dörren, tyst och lugnt område med 10 minuters promenad ner till litet centrum med bra restaurang.
1 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2016
david
1 night family trip Jan 20, 2016
Yale

TripAdvisor reviews for Pelican Inn Monterey

"Much more than I expected"
04/13/16 APonce2009 Cincinnati, Ohio
I was visiting a friend in California for a week and we wanted to visit Monterey Bay. I've stayed in hotels throughout the eastern half of the U.S., in major cities and in the suburbs. I wasn't expecting too much for our rate give. Upon arrival, I was surprised to find a beautiful, yet small hotel. It's a two story hotel, with each room's entrance outside. It looked like they had just painted it (in fact they had just finished painting the doorway to our room). It looked well taken care of. We checked in a few minutes early, so we had to wait outside while the room was cleaned. Desk reception was attentive. Small breakfast is provided in the mornings. Our room was clean and tidy. No problems with noise. The next morning, we were able to get breakfast earlier in the morning (we had a whale watching trip). Food available were danishes, cereal, bread, yogurt, coffee, and milk. Checkout was simple. If I had the chance, I would definitely stay here again. Only con was parking. Would be better if they had more parking spaces for guests.
"Comfortable Stay"
03/20/16 Bluebell212013 Lancaster, United Kingdom
Stayed on the second floor. Room was clean and comfortable and had a bath as well as a shower. Soap etc provided. TV, microwave, hairdryer and fridge, but no coffee machine. I had a cup, coffee and creamer with me so I boiled some water in the microwave to make a drink. The breakfast was very nice: cereal, yoghurt, toast and jam and pastries, coffee and tea. The breakfast is served in the lobby which is very small, only enough for 4 to sit down, but you can take it to your room. Near the Del Monte shopping centre. Good free Wifi and ample free parking. I would use this place again.
"Great stay!!!"
03/16/16 patelkamini Monterey, California
I stayed at the Pelican Inn in Monterey for 2 nights. Upon arrival it looked like a great place, quite and cozy. The gentleman at the desk was very helpful, guided me what I can do in Monterey and Carmel. He was fantastic. The room I booked was a king with fireplace which was very spacious and clean. Wifi worked great. Keep up the great work.
"Clean, comfortable and attractive"
03/15/16 MegandBigGeorge Eugene, Oregon
Parking is at a premium but there are no detractors at this beautiful spot. Prices are well within 'reasonable' range; the inn is located in close proximity to shopping, dining, parks, and other attractions. The fireplace in the room is a great touch. Staff is friendly and hospitable. Rooms are well appointed and equipped with refrigerator and microwave. Definitely recommended.
"Good Budget Property"
02/22/16 RobinC21 San Jose, CA
Young man at front desk was friendly and efficient. Said he was a student. Room was clean and comfortable with a flat screen tv and expanded cable channels. They furnished samples size soap and shampoo, but no lotion, so bring your own. Microwave and nice sized refrigerator, but no coffee maker. There's a fireplace in some rooms and they furnish one artificial log per night. Continental breakfast food provided in the office, but only one table, so you'll want to take it back to your room. Wifi is good, and there's a desk. Short walk to Del Monte shopping center and longer walk to Fishermen's Wharf.
"Wonderful "
02/08/16 0migi
Nice pleasant stay for one night with my wife . Front desk was helpful they know the area well. Very close to fisherman wharf walking distance. Went to the shopping center up the street nice quiet place for a good rate . Will come back next time I travel to Monterey . Great experience
01/24/16 Chlochlobear
Great service and wonderful rooms adorable area and fantastic town I had a great time at this hotel I would definitely come back and would recommend it to anybody coming to stay in the area. Seriously the place was great I can't think of a better place to go!!!!!!
"Amazing "
01/24/16 traveldiva101 Los Angeles, California
This hotel was the best! The front desk was very kind and the breakfast was small but a great way to start your day! Free wifi and free parking is also included. Everything you need in Monterey is in walking distance. The rooms are very clean and spacious. It is quiet at night so there is no disturbance. I am truly going to stay here again.
"Só por uma noite."
01/03/16 Mauro d Sao Paulo, SP
Simples, confortável, café da manhã paupérrimo. Nunca fique no andar de baixo, o teto é de madeira e escuta-se até o pensamento de quem está no quarto de cima. Trata-se exatamento disso: hotelzinho de beira de estrada.
"Uma noite só"
11/08/15 CVelloso São Paulo Brazil
Quarto conjugado bem espaçoso mas muito antigo. Oferecem estacionamento como todos os inns e alem disso garrafa elétrica, chá cafe solúvel. Ao telefone fomos informados que a diária incluía cafe da manha, mas o que encontramos foi: café, alguns muffins cortados quatro e