All hotels in Florence, Italy

Room is all right
    Decent vibe
    Bad internet service
"Friendly staff"
Stayed three nights, very close to the train station, very friendly staff and perfect location for wandering around the city at night.
3 night family trip Dec 22, 2015
Ivonne
"Worse hotel in Italy I've stayed in."
Unfriendly staff EXCEPT Luigi and Danielli who should be promoted AND given a raise. This is a non-smoking hotel, but I had to pack up and move to another room 2 times because of people smoking in nearby rooms and I'm allergic. Breakfast is not as good as any other hotel I've stayed at in Italy and is crowded. There is a woman who treats guests very badly who stands in front of the door telling people where to sit - odd in Italy. I was told I could get a cup of coffee at 6:55 (5 minutes before door opens) because I was going on a tour at 7:05. She wouldn't let me even get a cup of coffee after the front desk staff reassured me 3 times I could. I have visited Italy many times and have never had ANYTHING bad to say about any hotel, but I would not recommend this hotel or stay here again. If the staff were friendlier it would help a whole lot. Rooms were clean except for smelling like smoke Yes the hotel needs updating - it's still quite attractive, but some of the staff ruin this hotel in my mind.
Other trip Dec 4, 2015
Maria
"Not as nice."
Second time staying at the hotel. 10 years ago it was fine. Now it needs some freshening up.
3 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
Bruce
"3 D's"
A great location, one of the reasons I picked it. Made the mistake of believing the photos - don't. The lobby looks good, it's O.K. The rooms are Dark, Dreary and Depressing. The carpeting is, frankly, Dirty. It badly needs to be replaced. The breakfast room offered nothing cheery at all, including the staff and the selection of food. The roof top, the absolutely best feature of this hotel, was closed. The only reason I can think of that anyone would love this hotel is the location. I can't for the life of me understand the 3.9 rating. We paid 225. euros per night and I think that was about 125. euros too much.
4 night trip with friends Oct 6, 2015
lorenda
"Fantastic hotel in Florence"
We absolutely LOVED this hotel. It is only 2 blocks from the train station, steps from San Lorenzo, and has all of the wonderful italian charm that we were looking for. It also had updated bathrooms, a very nice breakfast, and the staff was very accomodating, and were happy to print our boarding passes and give restaurant recommendations or make reservations. And the view from the terrace was unreal. My husband and I sat up there every night for a glass of wine and it was the perfect end to the day. I will absolutely be coming back here when I'm next in Florence.
3 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Tracy
"Great service at a hotel with atmosphere"
Nice hotel with atmosphere, great location and fantastic service with arranging tours, booking nice nearby restaurants and other support. Staff with very positive and friendly attitude. On top of that, getting a free room upgrade made our stay at Boscolo a very positive experience
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
Stefan
"Beautiful hotel, close to everything"
No complaints about this hotel, it was beautiful and the staff was extremely helpful! It also has a complimentary breakfast, which was nice. It's also very close to the train station and the Duomo which was great. Would stay here again in a heart beat.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"Central Florence Hotel"
It's a great hotel that's very central. It's a 5 minute walk from the Santa Maria Novela train station. Nice buffet breakfast. The room was a little small for Astoria standards, but compared to other hotels in Europe, it was fine.
Response by Boscolo Hotel Astoria
Dear Guest, thank you very much for such a nice review. We hope to greet you again in the nearest future. Maurizio - Astoria staff
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Jibid
"Excellent location and beautiful old feeling."
Like most of Florence, the hotel is experiencing some neglect and decay. The rooms are relatively small, but the high ceilings save the day. The window was magnificent and overlooked a beautiful view of an old street and picture deserving roof tops. However, we had to keep it closed at night because of the street noise. The 6th floor café had an impressive view in every direction. .I liked that everything was very old, there were frescos on the walls and ceilings. Our room had two little frescos. However, maintenance was not sufficient. Our air conditioned leaked twice in six nights. They were prompt at fixing things, but it should not have happened twice The breakfast was abundant and good enough. I enjoyed it. The breakfast room had great decoration and a large antique mural. The reception and lobby were beautiful. I felt that the experience was worth the money.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Guillermo
Wonderful hotel, very Italian looking. Great view from the rooftop bar, and a great location - minutes from everything
Response by Boscolo Hotel Astoria
Dear Sir, our goal is always to secure our precious' guests' stay in a comfortable and welcoming manner, therefore we are glad reading such positive reviews. We hope to see you back! Maurizio - Astoria Staff
3 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2015
Andrea
"Great location in the heart of the old city"
It was a hot weekend (36-38 Celsius) in Florence and the air conditioning in our room did not work well. We told the front desk staff in the morning but nothing happened all day. When pressing the issue at night we were immediately moved to another, nicer room with fully functioning air conditioning. The hotel has a great rooftop terrace with breathtaking views of the city. Unfortunately you can only get drinks but no food. However, the neighboring Hotel Baglioni does have a rooftop restaurant, which is a bit pricey but so worth the money. Excellent food, live music and the same great view. Take your wife or significant other there, you won't regret it.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Emanuel
"Excellent Location. Historical building!"
The location of the hotel was beyond amazing. The rooms were kind of old, but the historical breakfast area made up for it. If this hotel upgrades their rooms, they can easily charge $600 per night.
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Siamak
"Very disappointing given the reviews"
Checked in and front desk people and lobby were very nice. After that, the whole experience went down hill. We had two rooms for my wife and two older children. Rooms decent size but had a loft with bed and bath. Hard to get luggage up the winding stair case. A/C would barely work so up stairs room was like an oven. Internet was spotty at best. sometimes worked other times not so much. Room was very dated and worn.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Reasonable accommodation"
Wi-fi only in lobby, not in rooms, and slow. Room size adequate but no room to spare. POWDERED eggs for breakfast-ugh. Otherwise breakfast buffet was adequate. Several great restaurants on the same street headed toward the market center (left out of the hotel). Easy walking distance to/from train, Duomo, major museums and tourist attractions.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
pam
"Astoria Boscolo. Decent. But not awesome."
The hotel is certainly not a four star hotel. A solid 3 star. Our room the first night had a broken air conditioner and we sweated our butts off with no credit for the inconvenience. when they switched us out of the room the next day we were put into a smaller room with a much smaller bathroom. The hotel has some deferred maintenance going on such as filthy carpeting and such. The breakfast was an excellent value. Lots of fresh fruits and breads, hot coffee etc. The biggest drawback to this hotel in my opinion is the fact that there is no Wi-Fi in the rooms. The biggest drawback to this hotel in my opinion is the fact that there is no Wi-Fi in the rooms. We like to plan our next day using the Internet in the comfort of our own room. Sitting with 10 other people in the hotel lobby at midnight sharing the same connection was a major drag. The hotel is very well situated and close to all major sites so that is a big plus. The hotel is very well situated and close to all major sites so that is a big plus
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
jeff
Florence itself was a dream; we didn't schedule enough days there. In fact, we forgot that museums are closed on Mondays, so we lost one of our two days there--although there were still plenty of sites to see. The hotel was just the icing on the cake: beautiful lobby with several different sitting areas.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
"Magnificent"
The staff was the best, could not have asked for more, I an in a walker and hubby got sick last 2 day of visist. They assisted me in getting all the guy stuff done, shipping home etc...
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Shelby
"Fun in italy"
It was a great hotel in a nice area
Response by Boscolo Hotel Astoria
Many thanks for your comment! :-)
3 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Carlo
Very convenient location. Older hotel but well-maintained. Air conditioning temperature set to European standards. Check out the terrace on the roof. The hotel staff did not mention it. Luigi, at the front desk, made very good restaurant suggestions.
Response by Boscolo Hotel Astoria
We appreciate very much your comment, thank you.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Florence in June"
Hotel is a gem. Would stay here again. Great rooftop terrace with beautiful views (and PM bar service so became our relaxing place for a cold spritz after long hot day of site seeing). Large room/bathroom size for Europe. Walking distance to Firenze SMN train station and sites. But this translated into street noise at night. Inviting lobby. 2 tiny elevators which were always functioning and appreciated when it came to hauling luggage. Only major drawback was air conditioning not working so pretty sweltering at night.
Response by Boscolo Hotel Astoria
We are glad to read your positive review, thank you very much. Regarding the ac report, we we would like to inform you that our maintenance is working to improve it. We are looking forward to welcome you once again.
3 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Very good location. To reach our room we had 7 stairs little problem if you have alot if luggage
Response by Boscolo Hotel Astoria
Many thanks for your review. We know that there a few cons which cannot be solved, being in an historical palace dating back to XVII century. We hope to see you soon in Florence!
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
ofra
great staff rooms need some updating. bathroom lighting way too dark cleans any hotel maids did a great job sheets changed every day
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Historical hotel in Florence"
Hotel was a palace in the past - and has been restored to a Hotel, which makes it even more appealing. Staff are friendly and helpful, breakfast was delicious, room decor fitting for historical palace, bathroom ammenities and shower were great! Easy walking distance to Florence train station and around historical sites in Florence.
Other trip May 19, 2015
C
Suburb location, very near the Duomo, very clean and wonderful breakfasts
Other trip May 14, 2015
Spent two days at this hotel between visits to Modena and Rome
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Venice Hotel"
Initially difficult to find but when we arrived it was well worth the trek. The hotel personnel where very helpful and bent over backwards to help us with some Expedia issues. A great place to stay and close to San Marco Square.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Barry
"Excellent staff"
The rooms were great. Luigi at the front desk was especially helpful and polite.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Michigan
"One of the best options for a nice stay in Firenze"
Excellent Hotel. Beautiful, Clean and ideally located near ALL of the main attractions as well as the main city train station. On foot, it is literally 7 to 10 minutes away from the train station; 3 minutes away from the main entrance to the Medici chapel that was built and furnished by Michelangelo; and about 7 minutes away from the spectacular cathedral of Santa Maria Del Fiore. The view from the Hotel's rooftop bar is just breath taking. The only negative about this bar, is that it never seems to be open for business during the cold months. However, the rooftop door is kept open all day so you can go up there any time you want for those outstanding views. The only other things I didn't like about the hotel, is that my shower with glass sliding doors was very tiny, and being a tall man with long limbs, this made my showers a bit uncomfortable. The hotel REALLY needs a big sign with the name outside, because a first time visitor can miss it very easily. But this is just nit picking on my part. Just get to the medici chapel's "main entrance" and look to the left for the green sign the reads "Hotel Giotto". The much better Boscolo Astoria hotel is right next door to it. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Ed
"Really bad"
i can't believe this is a Boscolo hotel. A 4 star one. No wifi in the room, horrid breakfast. Fairly grungy
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
marco
"Nice hotel, good location"
The hotel is clean and nice, and it´s very well located
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Eduardo
"Perfect for my itinerary"
We used Florence as our home base,S.M.V. train station is 3 blocks away,You can travel all over Italy from there.Florence is a walking city to get around,very easy,food and drink always available.Hotel was clean and welcoming.Roberta the daytime front desk woman was great,the nightime front desk employee Luigi was great to ask about local eats and local places..
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Recent Stay"
Very close to the train station and domo. Loved it !
Lia
"Nice hotel near popular attractions"
We loved our room at Boscolo Astoria. However, despite the gorgeous weather, the hotel had closed the rooftop bar, which was one of the reasons we booked here. The staff told us they closed for the weather, although all the nearby hotels that we could see from our floor were making use of their rooftop areas. Despite this, the room was nice with a large bed and charming details. The bathroom was a bit difficult to navigate because the door's path was partially blocked by the bidet. Overall, we were happy with the hotel and the area, but we were disappointed that we didn't get the great view that is advertised.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Candy
"Great Hotel Location Made the Walking a Breeze"
The Boscolo Hotel Astoria is located just walking distance to the Duomo and many major attractions in Florence. We were on foot, so we were not only happy with the location, but looked forward to coming back to our hotel after seeing the sites all day. The staff was courteous, especially late at night when we are working on the computer in the lobby-- the night manager brought us wonderful Italian coffee with steamed milk and delicious chocolate covered hazelnuts. In fact, we learned from this knowledgeable and witty source about some of the things we are most interested in like Italian customs and other places to travel during our three week stay, where to go to buy chestnut flour, Florentine paper items and the best Italian pastry. The full breakfast service somehow seemed to last us until evening dinner. with the exception of that almost-every-afternoon gelato, of course. The hotel recommendations on nearby restaurants was also excellent and we were treated like family with our repeat patronage. Liked those extra umbrellas near the main door, too, for those unexcepted, short rain showers.
6 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
Joan
"Very old smelly place in great location."
This hotel is very old and smelly. Staff is very friendly and helpfull.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"This was my second stay at this beautiful hotel"
The hotel was. beautiful and impeccably clean, the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. There were many lounge areas throughout and there were multiple rooms in the lobby area with wifi. The food was excellent. Location was perfect as most important places of interest were within walking distance
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Beverly
"STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! UNETHICAL,RUDE, THEIVES"
A few years back, my daughter and I stayed here and upon checkout, I was informed my initial booking (weeks earlier) was made before they were aware of a holiday, so they upcharged me SUBSTANTIALLY! They were arguementative and I was shocked at the stern atitude I received when I was informed they were increasing my charges. The did ask me to give them a second try the next time I was in Florence, so I booked this recent trip (stupidly!) Upon arrival at 5 pm and after a tiring day of travel, I was informed they did not have any rooms available. One person said they had construction issues on a floor and were short rooms, and another desk person told me they gave the rooms away. I had booked 2 rooks at this hotel for a couple reasons: We had planned a special event on their rooftop with another couple and drove all day to get there in time for sunset! Second, the location of the hotel is very central to the areas we like to visit. They put us up at a different hotel far from the main attractions and a very long walk away. They paid for a taxi to take us there, but we were all very upset. If this is not enough reason to NEVER ever consider this hotel, I JUST GOT HOME AND FOUND OUT THEY BILLED ME FOR THE NIGHT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL AND CONSIDER THE PLAZA LUCHESSI ON THE ARNO RIVER INSTEAD! This place was clean, upscale, had a great breakfast and the people were super kind and accommodating.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Beautiful hotel!"
I wasn't expecting such a gorgeous hotel. The breakfast room is stunning.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Close to center"
Nice hotel close to center! Terrible to drive to, in pedestrian area of Florence, but any tickets you receive getting there they will take care of!
2 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
"ancient hotel in need of renovation"
the hotel is old and rundown. the rooms had peeling paint, the carpet looked like it hasn't been washed in at least 10 years, the bathrooms had cracked tiles, the floor is uneven, the furniture look like they are from the 1960s and I can go on and on. WiFi is only offered in the lobby area and it's not available in any of the rooms, not even if you pay for the service! the breakfast is not up to par as to other 4 star hotels in Italy... they don't even offer espresso or cappuccinos.. yuck! the only plus is the location of the hotel. it is literally a 5 minute walk to the Firenze train station, and about a 10 minute walk from the duomo piazza. there's plenty of shopping and eateries nearby as well. but if you are looking for something semi-modern... steer clear of this place!!!
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
TravelingCat
The staff was not pleasant or professional. They failed to inform me about the hotel rules and regulations like checkout, snack bar charges etc.... Every time I approached the front desk with a inquiry, they were rude and not helpful. If one is seeking a professional staff who are eager to assist their guests, do not use this hotel.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Gerry Warren
Very nice. Would stay again. Very close to train station and all sights.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Carla
Hotel was very centrally located. Room was simple but the rest of the hotel was very pretty. The lack of suitable wifi was troubling.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Adam
"Great location, yet quiet"
This hotel is very convenient to the sights of Florence. We were actually surprised at how quiet it was in spite of that location. The terrace on the 6th floor offers a great view of the city. We had a couple issues with getting around town, and the concierge service (Luigi in particular) was very good about doing everything possible to see that we were satisfied. The only things that were problematic were that the mattresses were very firm and the lifts seemed a little loud and rickety. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asked me.
4 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Extremely convenient and outstanding service !"
I really enjoyed my stay, as the location is very convenient to the major attractions in Florence. What really sets this hotel apart is the outstanding service from the staff. I highly recommend
4 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Nice hotel in Florence"
Great hotel within walking distances to major sites
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Sw
"Close to all must see sights"
My husband and I had a lot of luggage to carry when we got off the train at Santa Maria Novella station. The hotel is close enough to the train station for us to walk there which was very convenient. The hotel is beautifully furnished and was exactly how I envisioned it. Also, the hotel is situated about four blocks from the Duomo Cathedral which made is so easy for sightseeing. There are wonderful restaurants within walking distance. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Joan Knowles
We had a great experience with this hotel. It is in a great location in Florence where you can easily walk to all of the touristy sites or find yourself in an alley with cheaper food and more off the beaten path. The staff was great, our room had a gorgeous view of the city and everyone was eager to please us.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Excellent Location"
This lovely old hotel is a 5 minute walk from the main train station (use the underground tunnel to get past the busy intersection), and 5-10 minute walks to the big 3--the Duomo, the Uffizi and the Academia galleries. Hotel was clean; staff friendly and helpful, rooms were comfortable and well-appointed; the AC worked wonderfully and there's a rooftop terrace for a glass of wine in the evening. Decent breakfast was included in our price. The only minor down side is that the wireless is only available in the main lobby.
4 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
gph
"Very Nice Hotel. Perfect Location"
Hotel is easy to walk to from the train station, check in was quick and easy. Location is perfect. Near the Duomo.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014