All hotels in Oakland, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here10 Washington Street, Oakland, CA, 94607, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location."
Great hotel. Wonderful location. Would definitely stay again.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
"Great harbor views"
Great place to stay.....staff is super helpful and friendly. Train tracks are close so if that bothers you, they thoughtfully provide ear plugs...
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
Denise
"Hotel: Good, Staff: Bad"
The front desk person charged us the wrong amount for the room, plus charged us for two valet parking spots instead of one. Hotel is very nice, the room was spacious and comfortable, plus it's near a new bar/bowling alley/arcade, a couple of local wineries and the famous Yoshi's Jazz club.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
"Bachelorette fun"
We had a fantastic time. Everyone on the staff was incredibly accommodating and nice. Will definitely be back.
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
Nicole
"The Waterfront Weekend"
When I called I asked if there was an airport shuttle from/to the hotel and was told there was, but when I arrived at the airport I called and was told there wasn't. It ended up costing $40 to get to the hotel.
2 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
LINDA
"Nice view over the balcony"
The room very roomy i love how it was set up very noisy outside not enough tv channels But overall yes I will stay again
Bk
"Great service and near so many attractions"
Got a bottle of wine when we couldnt get upgraded to a room worh a harbor view an was promised next time. I think people were great here
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Roland
"Great time"
First time here, loved it. Will definitely come again
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Mercedes
"Great service, clean, adorable and close to BART!"
Great service!! Hotel employees were very polite and eager to help at every turn. The hotel itself was very clean and adorably styled. The bed was super comfy!! The neighborhood is lively at night so it gets pretty noisy - front desk warns you about this right away so we were aware. The hotel actually leaves fresh ear plugs in the room :). We didnt need them as we seem to sleep thru just about anything but your average sleeper may have some trouble. At night the area can feel sketchy too so we stuck close to the hotel. During the day the area is beautiful by the water and bustleing (sp?). Overall fantastic hotel!
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
Deanna
"Way overpriced!"
The room, though comfortable, is way overpriced - and we got it at the Expedia price! Hallway rugs were spotted; bathroom shower is no better than what you'd get at a low price motel; door to room had to be pulled to close completely - something I fortunately discovered by accident the first day of our stay - and unfortunately the cleaning staff didn't notice this and one day we returned to the room to find the door slightly ajar - fortunately, we had left nothing of value in the room and no one noticed the slightly open door (when I notified front office they offered to send engineer to fix it but it was our last night and I told them to wait til after we checked out in the morning - who knows if it was ever followed up on!) $25 a day for mandatory valet parking at this hotel is just OUTRAGEOUS! Every day our car was parked within a short distance from the front door and except for the day we checked out, we just got the key from the valet and walked over a few steps to the car. The staff of the hotel was very good and very helpful (except for one valet). The best thing about this place is its location on Jack London Square so it's very convenient but I think you can get better amenities at a much better price nearby so I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"I would definitely stay again!"
I had a great stay at The Waterfront recently and would definitely stay there again. The Waterfront is a lovely hotel right on the bay; I found Jack London Square to be very charming. The staff at the hotel is definitely its greatest asset-- incredibly nice & accommodating! I had a king/balcony room, which I found to be very clean & comfortable- loved the view from my balcony! Here are my only negatives & words of warning. 1) Don't bother upgrading your internet access. I did and I don't believe it was any faster. Thankfully the hotel removed the charge from my bill. 2) I wouldn't recommend ordering room service. I did one night-- major mistake. I just ordered a Diet Coke & a Chicken Caesar Salad-- seems simple enough, right? Nope, first they called to tell me they were out of Diet Coke, next I waited almost an hour and a half for it to arrive. When it did, it was pretty much inedible. It was basically a bed of lettuce with a chicken leg (on the bone!) on top. Not good. 3) I'm pretty sure I read that the hotel offers free shuttle service to the BART station, which is pretty far away through some not so great neighborhoods. This was not the case. One day I asked for shuttle service and was told they were too short staffed to drive the shuttle. That WAS one of the biggest disappointments. 4) Lastly, a handful of the negative reviews I read before my stay mentioned the sound in the hotel. I did tend to agree with this. The walls must be thin- I could clearly hear my neighbors.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Meggan
"comfortable"
Our stay was good very comfy....
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
kevin
"Go Dawgs"
Fire alarm went off in middle of the night. The front desk was very apologetic the next day.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Epic all around! So much to do in JLS!"
Epic. Best hotel staff service we've had in a long time. Not stuffy but real people. Beautiful hotel but waterfront view is a must!
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
Shiho
"Cute boutique hotel!"
Great location that is walking distance to many restaurants and the ferry. The train is a little disarming in the middle of the nothing but I would still stay at The Waterfront. The staff is friendly and the rates don't hurt the wallet, either.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Kristine
"Enjoy your stay, check your bill."
I enjoyed everything about my room and the location. It was excellent. There is one bit of advice that I would like to give, be sure and check your hotel bill carefully before checking out. When my daughter used the valet parking service for one evening for a few hours, the charge appeared as overnight for all 4 nights. ?? That was a big error that added to my bill. When it was pointed out to the staff person at the desk, it was corrected immediately.
4 night family trip Sep 20, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel and Excellent Location"
The Waterfront Hotel is ideally located between the San Francisco Bay Ferry and Jack London Square where jazz club Yoshi's is located. The ferry takes you to the Ferry Building in San Francisco or to Pier 41 which is at Fisherman's Wharf and is located next to Pier 39, a major tourist destination. We used the Ferry every day for five days. The hotel itself is perfection. I would say that the bell staff is lacking in attentiveness, and I say this with more than a few year's experience in dealing with them. You can tip them, and they will still forget to bring your bags up. However, the housekeeping staff is outstanding, and they deserve praise, recognition and much better than average gratuities for each day's care of your room. The desk attendants are also very attentive and helpful. They will do anything to enhance your experience at the Waterfront. The valet guys are also excellent. They can't do enough for you. I will not downgrade this hotel because of the bell staff because everything else is excellent. Just be warned on that one issue.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Never fails to make our stay fine"
I really enjoy staying here, location to SF, the easy access and safe access to really good restaurants, is a bonus.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
Excellent hotel in the best part of Oakland.
2 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"Best Customer Service!"
Amazing Experience! The Waterfront Hotel has quick, convenient access to the Free Bus System, BART Train Stations, and is surrounded by the bay and wonderful restaurant choices (many of which are Gluten Free Friendly!) Upon our arrival (in a death trap of a taxi from the airport) the hotel staff helped us to handle the situation and provided us with two complimentary bottles of wine for our troubles (which were not due to anything the hotel caused in the first place). Clean rooms and excellent services are reasons why I recommend the Waterfront Hotel and will always stay there when I visit Oakland.
3 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
Lisa C
"Sights seeing trip"
Great location, a half a block walk to the ferry for SF. The room was nice, clean and quiet. I would stay there again when visiting.
5 night family trip Sep 10, 2014
Mildred
"Lovely hotel Jack London Square"
Lovely experience at hotel. Charming, professional staff. Large selection of places to eat all in walking distance in Jack London Square. One small negative, shower needed repair so took bath instead.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Joyce
"1st Time I Felt a Business Trip Ended Too Soon"
Clean room, pleasant & helpful staff. When I entered my room I looked out the window at the ships docked in the Marina and the lights across the bay. Need I say more…...
3 night trip Sep 9, 2014
This is a great location for Jack London Square, restaurants and easy access to SF via the Ferry.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Phil
"Bay view and Ferry Access Next Door"
The view is great and the Ferry to San Francisco is next door. Lots of good restaurants, but too gourmet for the grand children. Saltwater pool was nice and warm, and we felt very safe walking around Jack London Square.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
Jodi
Had a wonderful time, only there one night but was treated royally. Steve was especially gracious and helpful with the car, the luggage and for places to eat. Thanks for a great time!
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Mike Laudate
"Great location in the middle of things."
We will definitely return - as this hotel makes you feel as if you are away from the city - but you are very close to the airport for an early morning flight. Great staff!
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
"a few steps away from Jack London Square"
We were in town to move our child into her dorm early the next day. We had a nice dinner in the restaurant at the hotel, and walked along the embarcadero in the evening.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
norcalgal83
"Good hotel, service glitch"
The hotel was very comfortable and in a good spot - literally next to the ferry to downtown SF. The only issue I had is that I was double-charged -- hotels.com and the hotel both charged me the full amount. They discovered this on check-out and reversed the charge. However, I asked for a receipt showing that they had reversed the charge and they refused to give me one. I hope it goes through because I have no proof they promised to reverse it!
2 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
Joseph H.
"WOW!"
My son and I were expecting a fairly nice hotel, but our expectations were exceeded! Very nice!
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2014
Lorraine
"Good Hotel in a Nice Location"
The Jack London and Old Oakland areas are in the process of a strong regeneration and that makes the Waterfront Hotel an even more attractive place to stay. There are several good restaurants within easy walking distance. The BART is a brisk 20 minute walk away and the ferry runs infrequently, but if you don't need to go back-and-forth from downtown SF throughout the day the Waterfront is a great place to stay. Very nice, large rooms and very friendly staff.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
MaxCA100
"Wrong side of the tracks"
As unlikely as it may seem since the location is on the Oakland waterfront, this is hotel sits just a block from a major railroad crossing. At various hours of the night trains blasted their horns repeatedly as they approached the crossing. I mean big trains with big horns. Not a good place to get a night's sleep.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Robbie
I really do not want to write about my experience.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Best choice in Jack London Square!"
When we arrived-at 11 a.m., the hotel had our room ready immedately. We had a fantactic stay. There is so much to do in Jack London Square, we honestly didn't want to leave.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Miguel
"easy access to ferry to San Francisco"
Nice rooms, hung out at night around the gas fire place by the pool, pool was good as well. Very nice folks, friendly - wine and cheese night was a nice touch; valet folks were helpful and kind; Oakland was not the main destination but area had nice restaurants very close by, safe; close to ferry
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Phil
Great place to stay for taking the ferry to the Giant's game.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"cool hotel on Oakland waterfront"
Very nice hotel and the double pane windows were a plus since the train goes right by the hotel!
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2014
Steph
"The place to be"
Amazing hotel with great views and a wonderful staff,beautiful location very near the water too.The room was clean and big and so comfortable and the bed was fantastic too.If your in Oakland near Jack London Square this is your hotel.
1 night trip with friends Jul 6, 2014
"Wonderful place to stay!"
We stayed two nights visiting our son in Oakland CA. First, the Waterfront staff was very customer service focused. Imee at the front desk is exceptional! Without even asking, she provided a thoughtful bottle of champagne when she found out it was our 35th anniversary when we checked in. Amazingly kind and considerate. Besides this, however, you could tell all the staff were well trained in serving everyone. The room was spotless and very comfortable. Yes, there is a train line nearby but it wasn't too bad and you need to adjust the thermostat in the room so the fan doesn't blow all the time. This and the $25 a night parking are kind of negative but you have valet parking and it is certainly safe. The hotel is beautiful with a nice fireplace in the lobby. The location cannot be better! It is next to a ferry station that is by far the best way to go into San Francisco. 30 minutes and you are right at the waterfront downtown. Jack London Square is a nice area especially compared to most other locations in Oakland. Like most hotels in the city the cost is much more during the week than on the weekend. The room overlooked the San Francisco Bat and the view was great. There is a nice park-like area outside the hotel with the same view towards the San Fran skyline. Overall, the Waterfront Hotel was a wonderful place to stay! Over time we have stayed in quite a few hotels near Oakland Airport and in Alameda. This is the best in this whole area.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Bruce
"More Kid Friendly Than I Thought"
I've stayed here often for business. But I had to bring the kids with me on this trip. The facilities and location are well suited for the kids. The facilities were clean, staff were friendly to them, and there were restaurants nearby that serve kid-friendly food. And they were not fast food places either! If I had to bring the kids to the Bay Area, this is a good option.
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
Father of 2 young kids
"Just 2 things:"
1) Front desk clerk called me and woke me up from a nap to ask me if room was satisfactory- I would rather not have been called- thanks..it also left phone message light blinking- annoying. 2) Maid entered my room thinking it was empty 5 minutes later. Also annoying. I was very appreciative that we were permitted to check in early. Nice hotel, nice pool, great location. We will come back again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Staff/Location"
All of the staff members was super friendly. The location was great as the on and off ramps tot he freeway were close by.
Dwayne
"Excellent Choice for Oakland Wedding Visit"
We had a wedding in Oakland and wanted a place that was close enough to drive. Waterfront Hotel staff was nice, valet parking was so nice after a late night of dancing with friends, and our room and be was comfy. Overall, great stay!
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Jump off to the Giants"
We've stayed here twice, now. We drive from the Sacramento area to Oakland, take the ferry to AT&T Park for the Giants game, then stay the night at the Waterfront Inn. While an older property, it is very nicely updated and modern: Keurig coffeemakers in the room and the lobby, granite in the bathroom (floor and counter), good quality flat panel TVs plus the convenience to all of Jack London Square for food and entertainment. The staff is friendly and helpful. Overall, a really nice place to stay.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Lovely and So Friendly"
We enjoyed the hotel so much we booked an extra night.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Kris
"Loud, Disappointing Suite"
We paid extra for a nice suite and was pretty disappointed. The suite didn't have a fridge and the balcony was a joke. There was no privacy and it was super small - not worth the money. I've stayed in a standard room at this hotel that had a fridge and also had a fireplace -- so it was surprising that the suite is actually worse than a standard room. On top of that, it was extremely noisy. The train woke us up all night and the walls are thin, so the neighbors were annoying. The neighborhood does not have any nearby pharmacies or grocery stores and the restaurants are all very pricy. If you venture out to the closest pharmacy, you'll find yourself in a dangerous part of town. We had to go to the pharmacy and when we went, there was a protest going on, and they were screaming "Somebody died here, we need to care!" Eek.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"a weekend in Oakland"
The locationis great with some nice restaurants to eat at.
3 night business trip Jun 19, 2014
Lee
Our stay was fine. The walls are a little thin though. The people in the room next door had a huge fight in the middle of the night and we could hear every word.
3 night trip Jun 17, 2014
This hotel is a total waste of money! The room was clean and the valets were great. The check-in/check-out people were uncaring. The furniture rattled when I walked by, the walls were VERY thin, the room was very small. The coffeemaker didn't work (unhappy husband without his morning coffee!). Unfortunately, it was the only hotel close to the Amtrak station and the trip was about the train ride, so there wasn't any other choice getting in a 10:00 at night.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Beautiful waterfront view"
I had such a good time at this hotel. They made sure we were comfortable. Gave us a beautiful bottle of wine and two AMAZING little cupcakes as a wedding gift. Not much but just right enough to show they cared. The waterfront view was amazing with an incredibly big balcony. The staff was incredibly friendly. The only downfall is parking otherwise you have to pay $25.00 for valet. However, it was all well worth it. Definitely would go back.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2014