All hotels in San Rafael, California, United States of America

• Wellness Area
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
    Bad internet service
"Not worth it"
The room was not worth $230 a night. One tiny window, dated, felt like a motel 6. The "free vending machine" had one bag of chips in it. Ridiculous.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2015
Everything was an extra cost; parking $23, breakfast buffet $23 a person, Wi-Fi, hotel computer other than printing boarding passes. Other than concierge, staff was very unfriendly
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
"Best vacation."
We had a most enjoyable stay, location was perfect for all our needs.
3 night family trip Aug 31, 2015
Denise
"Good value....nice accommodations"
Nice one bedroom room. Door to the bathroom was a bit akward...but everything was very clean! Plenty of space and comfy! The lobby was a wonderful place for our small group to meet daily and we very much enjoyed the atmosphere with the waterfall and fish! Happy Hour with popcorn was a big plus. Breakfast was nice. ....big clean restaurant style dining area was refreshing change from cramped areas of other hotels we've stayed at. Loved it. We'll be back!
2 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
"Embassy Suites, always a great choice!"
Family vacation enjoyed by adults and kids. Great accommodations!!
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Virginia
"Was told 2 double rooms, there was only one room"
Suite was clean. Too busy enjoying and laughing with my reunion friends to notice anything else. And oh, the best breakfast so far!
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
HolyMare
"nice hotel"
Nice hotel with good breakfas.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Overnight Stay for SSUniv. Baseball Showcase Camp"
When ALL the other hotels in Rohnert Park and Santa Rosa et al were Sold Out , This Embassy Suites had rooms available . Very nice. Courteous front desk staff and bar tender. Big open air hotel, a lot of rooms. Pleasant bonus to have the late afternoon complimentary bar and food, as well as a great breakfast buffet! Room was great and having a laundry room on our floor was perfect.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Ernest
When we got there it was too early to check-in but they offered to store my son's medication in the fridge for me. The staff was very friendly and helpful!
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Janelle
"Family Vacation"
I hunted for weeks for a hotel close to Muir Woods that would fit the needs for my family group of 7.I found a 2 bedroom suite that sleeps 8 at Embassy for a fair price.I'm so glad I decided on this hotel.We loved our two bedroom suite.My boyfriend and I had our bedroom window open all night and were never disturbed by noise.Very quiet location,very clean and pretty hotel.Loved the buffet breakfast...better than all other hotels.The desk staff upon arrival were cordial, the night shift desk staff were helpful with questions and helped me with my bill.But the morning desk staff that assisted me at checkout was impersonal and wanted to charge me extra for every little thing.She tried to charge me 2 dollars for the juice I was holding until I told her I got this at breakfast. Comfortable beds.I felt safe in our room and walking around alone in the hotel, even late at night.We loved the coy fish pond and waterfall...very soothing.I enjoyed having a refreshment room and the quietly enclosed business center for private computer use where I could make online bank transfers, check accounts,email etc. We've never had a bad experience at Embassy.Embassy Suites has always been and will continue to be a favorite stay.2 thumbs up for Embassy at San Rafael.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Disgruntled over upgraded room charges"
I checked into this hotel at 10:00pm and was assigned a room for persons with disabilities. I was not made aware of the extra charge that came with this room. I also booked a second room for my adult son. My son took possession of his room at 1:30am after a neighborhood wedding. They gave him a room with an upgrade without telling him of the extra room charge. I am still in limbo communications with this hotel as I am waiting for the exact charges to be displayed on my credit card. I was told that it takes 3 days for the charges to actually be settled on the credit card. I am now waiting for a couple of extra days to contact the hotel manager for the up charges that were somehow added without my consent! I won't be staying at this hotel again.
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Janet
"Nice Hotel, but..."
When we checked in. there were room service dishes by the door. They were still there when we checked out.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
We wanted a hotel that was centrally located for all our activities. Embassy Suites was the right place. Started with a good breakfast every morning and relaxed in the evening with the managers reception before going to dinner. We were three couples and all were well satisfied.
6 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
Leonhard
"Pretty good stay"
Stayed for two nights for exploring the areas including Napa and Sonoma. Easy access and located in a quiet neighborhood but shops and restaurants are only a few miles away on the other side of freeway. Interiors show some age but bed was very comfortable. There was not seats available for happy hour in the atrium area and ended up taking drinks back to the room. Internet use in room was $6.95 per day and free in the lobby. I wish they stop this nickel and dime charge as we are already paying a lot for a room.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Kiyoshi
"Review of Embassy Suites, San Rafael CA"
We thought this was a very attractive hotel. Our room was spacious, and we liked the fact that there was a door closing off the bedroom from the sitting room. The lobby was gorgeous. The location was close to the highway, yet the room was very quiet. Our only real complaint was that our king bed mattress sloped downward on either side, so that we felt like we were falling out of bed! Morning breakfast was adequate, but not spectacular. Overall, we would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Ivygemm
Very comfortable and quiet stay. Beds were comfortable, even the sofa bed. Room was clean and hotel overall was nice.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"Embassy Marin county"
Room was clean, very poor internet, average breakfast. Poor gym and indoor pool.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Not bad- 1970's decor"
Good service and good breakfast. Decor little outdated. Stayed on the 4th floor carpet in the foray was spotted and looked pretty dirty. Room was clean and lobby area was tile and was clean. Good for families. Kids will enjoy the indoor pond and goldfish. They will also enjoy indoor pool. The pool was a little smaller than I thought. We got a good price and the Bay Area was about a 40 minute drive.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
This hotel is perfect for the price, and for our large family, complimentary cook to order breakfast daily was amazing and staff was excellent with our kiddos even the louder rambunctious toddler.
3 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Chrystal
"Family stay for memorial"
Hotel was nice but you could tell there was a lot of basic maintenance to fix things up that needs to be done. Walks outside of rooms are dirty and items put outside rooms would remain for hours too long. Guest in the room next to us on first night had a barking dog in a dog free hotel, woke us up too early one other morning barking too. Guest that replaced the one with the barking dog smoked cigarettes that flowed under door between suites. Security got right on it when called which really was appreciated. Hotel gave us a free night to compensate. Hotel staff was very polite, and cook to order buffet breakfast was awesome. Will stay here again but price a little high.
4 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Kerri
"Great for families"
King suites are great for families. Two rooms separated by a door with pull out bed in one room and king bed in other room. The evening happy hour was a nice touch. Included breakfast was excellent with made to order omelets, pancakes etc.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
Rooms were not insulated and noisy and the hotel was was very busy.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Family friendly hotel"
Super family friendly hotel. The staff was very courteous and attentive. The rooms very very spacious and had the amenities we needed for a family. Two televisions per room was very nice. The breakfast made to order was so delicious. Happy hour daily was nice after a long day of sight seeing in San Francisco.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Nice place to base a San Francisco visit"
Nice Embassy Suites. Drive time to SF is about 35 minutes but better to stay on the north side of town vs Daly City or South SF. Plenty of places to eat surrounding the mall on the other side of Hwy. 101. Staff was accommodating. Had a problem with the TV and they brought us a brand new TV. Down side is the WiFi. It works fine but they charge $7 for basic and $11 for hi-speed daily. No pay per view movies available. We were told to pay for the hi-speed internet and stream it to our laptop. But with a hi-def TV in the room, who wants to watch movies on a computer? For Embassy Suites level, internet should really be free. Other than that, no problems and we would stay here again.
9 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"San Rafael mini trip"
Fantastic breakfast included, went one night to the managers reception, done very well with no holding back on drinks or munchies. Atrium area very nice with relaxing areas by coy ponds and waterfalls. Room very large. Only issues (although minor) were some stains on our room carpet, and nothing within walking distance (short drive of 3 miles to main downtown. I would most definitely stay here again
3 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
this property is due for renovation. Smells like chlorine, chipped paint everywhere. Just feels run down. They even served breakfast on paper plates with plastic utensils!
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
rebecca
"Great hotel, close to the City"
This hotel was perfect for our family of 5. Has a nice "happy hour" and snacks that the kids loved. While my husband got beer, they got Shirley Temples! All for free :) Free breakfast was great also! Took us about 15 minutes to drive to the city, but got to cross the Golden Gate bridge every time! Highlight of the trip for the kids! Hotel decor is a little dated, but rooms were very comfortable and perfect for sleeping.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"Good stuff, and not-so-good stuff..."
The best part was that the hotel is really nice, and the rooms are very comfy. The pool was a bit cool though, so wasn't so enticing unless you were really hot. And even though the breakfast buffet was really good, the restaurant in the evening has consistently some of the worst service I've seen. And having to pay for wifi unless you're a HiltonHonors member?! Ridiculous!
7 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Alice
"Giants Game Getaway"
My daughter and I stayed here to go to a Giants game. Considering that we are two ladies, I really wanted to feel safe wherever we chose to stay. We felt very comfortable and safe the entire time, even when we had to park and come in after midnight! The breakfast was wonderful! Many choices and definitely well thought out. Our room was very comfortable and clean. I would stay here again!
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Excellent stay. Will do it again. No charge for parking. Free breakfast and Hilton Honors members (free to join) get free wi-fi. What's not to like?
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
This was great and accommodating for a large family trip. All 5 rooms were well worth it.
5 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Shawna K
"Embassy"
Nice hotel, nice service.
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
Our room was nice but the walls are to thin, you can hear everything. One night we were kept up by a crying baby and every single night kept awake by a loud constant noise from a machine room or outside. The breakfast was good and the grounds clean.
4 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2015
"Just peachy/beachy, in the best way."
I wanted something for everyone in my household and this place had it. We were close to Muir Beach, we had an indoor pool, a great breakfast, and our room was perfect. I didn't give a perfect score, but it was close.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Dawsonduo
"Great service, but rooms are interrible condition"
The service was great! The employees were all very helpful and nice—great staff! Location was perfect for an event we were attending. The free breakfast was absolutely the best hotel breakfast we've had. The only issue (and it's a big issue) is that the hotel is not in good shape. Our room felt dirty upon arrival, even though it was probably cleaned very well. The hotel is just old and needs to be remodeled. Carpet was gross, ceilings looked old with the popcorn texture.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"No room available with confirmed reservation"
Showed up at 11 pm to find out no rooms and I had confirmation and already paid for my room very disappointing after a long day
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"friendly, pkeasent"
The only issue we had was them charging $7 a day for internet. Other than that, beautiful hotel, friendly staff. The manager Sam was delightful, courteous, sociable, very pleasent
8 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"Visit to Embassy Suites July 2015"
Stay was great. Will be back again.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
frank
"Return to Embassy Suites San Rafael"
We are making staying at Embassy Suites San Rafael an annual thing. We go to see the Giants in a day game, then onto Embassy Suites to hang out with fiends and out to dinner in local restaurants, then back to E.S.for more hanging out, and games with friends. We would recommend E.S. to anyone, staff couldn't be nicer, breakfast buffet is terrific, happy hour quite good too. E.S. is starting to show it's age, but all in all in good condition. We'll be back next year. Go. Giants!
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
frank
"spand my time in an office like room!!!!"
well, my wife and I got stuck with a conference table in our room. we ask to be move to a different room but the staff told me it was going to cost me an additional $50. ridicules I say, so we got stuck in a office intend of a room. would I stay at the same hotel? not in the same room!!! no way
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Veronica
Hotel is well situated but it needs a serious facelift. The rooms were old and ours smelled of smoke even though it was non-smoking. The courtyard area has a fountain that just makes everything smell of chlorine. The staff were friendly. I would have stayed elsewhere if I could do it over.
3 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Hotel was noisy. The room was nothing special. Iron didn't work. Breakfast was just ok. Disappointing. Used to love Embassy Suites, not so much any more.
6 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Very busy hotel. Room wasn't ready at check in."
Great breakfast and cocktail hour. Very quiet even with a full hotel.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Very friendly and accommodating staff and reasonably priced. Excellent location for travelers just north of San Francisco. Rooms were clean but a bit dated. We were told new owners will completely renovate.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Embassy Suites in San Rafael"
Staff was very polite & professional, room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was awesome!
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Sherry
"Great location, quite"
The hotel is wonderful. Very accessible to town center. The great thing about it is, they have a fairground accross the hotel, and they have fireworks everynight. The staff are very friendly and the room is clean and very spacious. The breakfast is full buffet, and they also have a free drinks from 5:00 -7:00PM. We really enjoyed our stay in the hotel. Thumbs up!
im a realtor
"We stayed We slept We ate we are happy"
Everything was impressive from the moment We arrived. Reminded Us of a casino/resort.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Nice hotel, no highway noise."
Nice hotel Friendly helpful staff Great breakfast!
Rich
"Bizarre night at Embassy Suites"
For some reason this Embassy Suites (at least the night we were there) was unkept and a bit overrun with people taking too much advantage of the free bar. Wifi was awful. Hotel was loud as heck til after midnight. People talking outside our room. Popcorn, dirty glasses and debris all over the hotel. Emailed Hilton / Embassy Suites and never heard back. Power in our room went off for a period of time at around 2am.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
family traveler
"Got a conference room instread of a suite."
Instead of a normal Embassy Suites room, we got a conference room with an adjacent bedroom. The staff was very friendly and told us that this hotel rents the conference room as a guest room regularly in order to increase capacity. For our second night, we were moved out of the conference room to an actual guest suite. After complaining, the manager agreed to refund us for the first night. Unfortunately, a short vacation is not just about the cost of the room. It's about spending some relaxing and enjoyable time away from home. I'm sad to say that this vacation was neither. What next? Will they put us in a tent in the parking lot next time they over-book the hotel?
3 night family trip Jun 27, 2015