All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
716 21st St, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.9
    2.5
The hotel is a good distance from the boardwalk. Continental breakfast consists of muffins and bananas. Hotel is in a shady area and the rooms are not very clean.
4 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
The wallpaper was peeling in multiple places and the wi-fi connection was spotty. The staff was friendly, we arrived before check-in and were welcomed to park in the lot and use the pool until our room was ready for check-in. This hotel is directly next to the convention center, and only a few blocks from the beachfront.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"2 Thumbs Up!!!"
The hotel was neat and clean. The staff was courteous and professional. The neighborhood was quiet and appeared safe. The overall stay was very pleasant!!!
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Cheryl
"Not recommended"
Bad hotel, lot of disappointment. Old and dirty room and no coffee maker in the room. Served two food items in breakfast and called it a continental breakfast. I don't recommend this hotel/ motel
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Humera
The bathroom had pealing paint from the ceiling and the bathroom also had a compartment door hanging down in the shower. I was afraid to use the shower. I was afraid it was going to fall down and hit us
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Rae
Mold on floor. Holes and damaged dressers in rooms. Lamps that were cut cords and taped back together with extention cords. Beds were horrible and there were stains all over the floor. Mile walk at least from the beach.
5 night trip Aug 3, 2015
"What I needed, a place to shower & sleep."
This hotel was a last minute booking and in the area that I wanted. The room was big and clean. The furniture in my room, lobby & restaurant was outdated. Since it was a 'Smoke Free Rooms', all of the smoking guest were outside their doors smoking and leaving their cigarette butts all on the grounds. I know this is not the hotels fault. The stairwells smelled like an urinal and smoke. Almost all of the air-conditioning units had an ice bucket underneath them to collect the water run-off. The 'free continental' was more of bread, coffee and bananas. The pool was a good size, but had only 3 lounge chairs, 3 tables and about 12 chairs. The on site restaurant food was good! My room was clean and was kept clean. This was not a resort and we were not planning to hangout there all day long. Every Staff member who I spoke to, either a maid, the front desk clerk or a maintenance personnel were all happy & helpful. All in all, this hotel was great for what I needed: a place to sleep & shower.
6 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Kathleen
"Wouldn't stay here again"
Tried to find a reasonably priced hotel. This fit the bill. The pool looked great but it was too hot for me to use since it was out in the open. Ample parking. Air conditioning worked great. Negatives: Hotel needs a major overhaul of rooms. Drapery did not keep out the light. Door did not close properly. Towels were thin, small and cheap. No bedspread on either beds. Smelled in room and elevator. Continental breakfast was a cheap, disgusting joke!
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Gail
"Take advantage of travelers"
For the money these people charge Absolutely everything is wrong From clealiness to comfort Give 0 Please do not go
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Freddie
Overall, we got what we paid for. Other than the peeling wallpaper, gross continental breakfast and broken refrigerator the room was fine. I don't like that the linens were cheap. Their "comforter" was a flat sheet, a thin blanket, and another flat sheet on top.
3 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Good for a cheap stay."
I have no big complaints about this hotel. You can't set your expectations too high; it's a serviceable hotel with outdated features in an less than ideal location (4 LONG blocks from the beach). But it's cheap, clean, and everyone was friendly, and if you goal is to just have a place to sleep and shower, this hotel is more than enough.
3 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Nicholas
"GREAT VACATION!"
great location, easy and fast access to the beach, clean rooms,huge bathroom, very nice and friendly staff, great outdoor pool just an enjoyable stay and will stay there again!
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
The room still at dirt on the carpet, each day after house keeping left we had to ask for toliet paper and or towels that were not left. And the free breakfast should not be listed because the mini muffin and bread they offer are not considered contantental breakfast.
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Hotel is a bit outdated, but staff is very friendly and helpful, rooms are large and comfortable. Close to pretty much everything, nice pool!
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Franchesca
"Bed bugs"
I found bed bugs under one of the two mattresses in room 108. I had to argue for a full refund.
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
"Convenient Location and Friendly Staff"
Very friendly staff. Hotel was just a few blocks from the beach, very conveniently located. The room was moderately comfortable, but we spent very little time in the room. Perfect hotel if you are looking to save money on vacation!
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Stay was nice. Clean room, comfy beds with down comforters. Nice size pool. Only down fall was it is about 6 or 7 blocks from the ocean front.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Alyssa
"Motel 6 would have been a better option"
For the price we paid, it was a horrible stay. The air conditioning unit in the room didn't work. All I can tell you is, Motel 6 would have been best option. Not ever going to recommend this place.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Maggie
"Mediocre"
Staff let us check in early, which was a blessing as the rain started coming down in buckets! They also allowed us to park the car in their lot well before check-in and permitted us to leave it there until 8pm on check-out day. The room was clean, albeit dated. Mini fridge is a nice convenience; don't overlook the little flip-up freezer bin at the top! Our bed (one of two doubles) was cramped and firm. My girlfriend described the pillows as "cotton balls stuffed in a case" (aka: lumpy and unsupportive). Nightly price was absurd for being a 5-block walk from the beach ($225 with tax), but I imagine that drops off sharply after peak-season. Overall, I wouldn't stay again...but if you HAVE TO be in the area and can't afford the Hilton, it will suffice.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Bruce
"great"
The stay was spare of the moment bubut it was the best get away with my 2 daughters
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
"Nice day trip"
Very quiet location. Not to far of a walk from the beach. Nice staff
1 night trip with friends Jun 18, 2015
Amber
"Fine for what we needed"
We stayed one night, the floor we were on was active, until the early morning, but we didn't mind as we arrived to the hotel after a reception around 12 am. The Italian Restaurant on site is open late and that was nice, since we were hungry - they delivered. It was clean room. Sparse. They allow pets for a fee of about $28.50 - I think it is one time. We were happy to be able to have our dog.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Caroline
Room and bathroom were dirty. The tub had dirt on it.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Disappointing stay"
There were bugs in the room. There were no blankets on the bed, just sheets. There wete only two towels. Called the front desk for both blankets and towels which we never received. I would not recommend this hotel. Definitely not a two star rating.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Overall good stay, but small breakfast."
The outside looks worse than it really is. When I pulled up I thought it was a dive, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean and the staff was friendly. Easy 10 minute walk to the beach and it was $100 a night cheaper than the ocean front hotels. The outside of the buildings could use a good power washing, and the continental breakfast was the smallest I have ever had in a hotel (toast, Cheerios, Fruit loops, bananas and small muffins and that is it). Overall I was happy for the price.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Benjamin
"Not worth the money"
Stains on sheets. Bathroom ceiling looks as if it going to cave in. No new model television. The room door wouldn't close properly without force.
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
"Not Impressed"
We got into town a little later and wanted to stay somewhere before paying beach prices. The room only ended up being $40 cheaper than any other room on the beach. Needless to say I would have rather paid $40 more. This hotel was very disappointing, the room was very old and outdated and the fridge and microwave were very sketchy and we wouldn't use either one. The room had an odor that indicated the age and the carpet actually made our feet dirty.
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Chad
"Never again"
No coffee maker, not enough electrical outlets. Complimentary breakfast sucked.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"Let Down"
I almost went ahead and took the money loss just to avoid checking in here once we saw the place. Our room had definite water damage. The dresser looked like it would fall over if touched and the TV was old. The beds and bathroom were pretty clean though and we only stayed one night. The parking lot was not as lit up at night as I would have liked for that area. I did not feel safe sleeping on the first floor there. I won't go again...no fault of the employees...they were very friendly. This place just needs a lot of work.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & your feedback. We will sincerely appreciate if you can call the hotel & give further information. Once again thank you very much & sincerely apologies for the inconvenience.
1 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
"Stayed at the end of May"
It's overpriced for the condition and age of the hotel, but it's in a tourist area.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & your feedback is greatly appreciated.. Once again thank you & hope to see you soon.
1 night business trip May 31, 2015
Mallory
"Not the Best, Not the Worst"
Away from beach front, but only a $4.35 cab ride.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & sincerely appreciate your feedback. Once again thank you & hope to see you soon
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Brandy
"Not as clean as it looks."
Stay was decent, I was upset when I took a shower I seen alot of hair in the tube from the previous stay room service never even consider to clean the tube.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & your feedback is sincerely appreciated as it gives us the opportunity to understand the customers needs sincerely apologies on behalf of the housekeeping staff for the inconvenience.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Room stay"
Rooms were small but nice, could see that they had been doing some major improvements. Beds were very comfy. Staff had a bit of sticky fingers. Lost some personal items while there.
3 night business trip May 27, 2015
"Not the best"
Very noisy patrons at the hotel. Didn't feel safe. Way too expensive for a low end neighborhood.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & sincerely appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to understand the customers need & strive to make customers happy. Our Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Way overpriced and not worth it"
We entered room and was greeted by a big roach running acrossed the floor. Requested new room and it was very basic and way overpriced. Beds were uncomfortable, breakfast was a joke and gross overall...
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & sincerely apologies for the inconvenience/. Once it was brought to our attention , the staff took care of it Once again thanking you very much for staying at this hotel & once again our apologies.
Other trip May 26, 2015
scott
"Close and convenient to the Convention Center"
I am a big fan when I get a hotel room on the first floor and this hotel delivered. We hadn't traveled far, just visiting the convention center from Suffolk, but the room was clean, comfortable and the AC was nice and cold.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & sincerely appreciate your feedback. Once again thank you on behalf of the staff of Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Other trip May 21, 2015
B
"A Good Place for a Short Stay"
My room was spacious enough and comfortable. The motel is within walking distance of the beach, and there is plenty of parking. I had to supplement the rather small breakfast, however, with some of my own food.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotels & your feedback is sincerely appreciated. Once again thank you very much for Choosing Ambassadors Inn & Suites Virginia Beach.
Other trip May 19, 2015
The room had a smoke smell to it and was a little musty. The carpet didn't appear clean.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you Very much for staying at this hotel & your feedback is greatly appreciated as it gives us opportunity to understand the guest needs. Once again thank you very much
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Wouldn't recommend"
The Ambassador was very old. They have attempted to upgrade the rooms, but fell short. The property is outdated and old. The rooms were clean, will give them that!
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very for staying at this hotel & your feedback is greatly appreciated. Once again thank you & hope to see you soon again
Other trip May 11, 2015
robin
"Close to convention center"
The room did its job bc I was barely in it but I defiantly won't go back. It needs many updates and it seemed dingy and dirty.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & your feedback is greatly appreciated. Once again thank you & hope to see you soon
Other trip May 11, 2015
melissa
"Cheer Convention"
Nice hotel. More of a motel in comparison to the new hotels across the street. Paid way too much for the age and amenities of the room, but I guess it's supply and demand. It was adequate and appropriate for a room in a pinch.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & your feed backs is greatly appreciated. Once again thank you very much
1 night business trip May 8, 2015
Terry
"Not worth the money"
I spent $200 a night at this hotel. It was old and run down. Reminded me of an airport motel. Cheap and disappointing. The room was outdated and had holes in the walls
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you Very Much for Staying at this hotel & appreciate your feedback as it gives us opportunity to serve better. Would appreciate if you can give us a call to get some more information. Once again thank you very much & hope to see you soon.
Other trip May 10, 2015
ahmed
"Review"
The water was nasty brown and dirty. However everything else about the hotel was okay. The pictures look different but if you just need a quick room its not that bad.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello M/s Dominque Thank you very for staying at this hotel & sincerely appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to serve & understand the customers need. Also our Sincerely apology for the Brown Water as we were in process changing the Boiler. Once again thank you & hope to see you again.
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Dominique
I had a nice stay. Worth the money
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & sincerely appreciate your feedback Hope to see you again
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
"The room was clean"
Decent I'd stay there again, the room was clean and the sheets smelled nice
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello M Thank you very much for staying with us & sincerely appreciate it. Customers feedback are very important to us as it make us understand the needs. Once again thank you very much & hope to see you soon.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Granddaughter visit"
The staff was wonderful. The hotel is somewhat run down. Bathroom door didn't close and chips in the walls and floorboards. It was quite clean and the bed was very comfortable.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you Very Much for Staying with us & sincerely appreciate your Stay. Customers Feedback are very important to us as it gives us an opportunity to Serve Better. Once Again Thank you Very Much
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
chico
"This is a highly recommended economy hotel."
Whenever I'm staying in Virginia Beach, Ambassadors Inn & Suites is my place of choice. It's the perfect place to stay if you're looking for convenient, clean, comfortable and safe accommodations at a very reasonable rate compared to many of the other Virginia Beach hotels, especially the ones lining the beachfront. It's located just blocks from the beach and all the action. The proprietor, along with all of the members of the hotel staff are very friendly and extremely accommodating should any problems arise. As an example, upon checking into my room I found that the clock radio was not working. I notified the front desk and it was promptly replaced with one that worked.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you Very Much for your Feedback & also for your stay at this hotel. Customers Feedback are very important to us as it gives us an opportunity to serve better. Once Again Thank you very much
Mr. David
Location is good for convention center and drivable to beach but property is outdated and needs TLC.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & sincerely appreciate your Feedback. Feedback are very important to us as it gives us opportunity to Improve. Once again thank you very much
"cheap and sufficient"
We rented two rooms for the Virginia Beach Half marathon. Hotel was about 2 miles from the start. Rooms were clean and we got free parking for up to 2 cars per room. They were very lenient about late check out which was particularly helpful for that weekend.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & sincerely appreciate your feedback. Once again Thank you very form the Staff & the Management of the Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Other trip Mar 29, 2015