All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here716 21st St, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.6
"Review"
The water was nasty brown and dirty. However everything else about the hotel was okay. The pictures look different but if you just need a quick room its not that bad.
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello M/s Dominque Thank you very for staying at this hotel & sincerely appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to serve & understand the customers need. Also our Sincerely apology for the Brown Water as we were in process changing the Boiler. Once again thank you & hope to see you again.
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Dominique
I had a nice stay. Worth the money
Response by Ambassadors Inn & Suites
Hello Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & sincerely appreciate your feedback Hope to see you again
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Overpriced Hotel. So called Breakfast was pathetic. Receptionist was rude
1 night trip Mar 21, 2015
"Great location but Not luxury accommodations."
I don't foresee this as a frequent problem, but it could represent other issues. It had snowed the day before we arrived. The parking lot had not been cleared at all and was a layer of ice over snow. Very dangerous just getting to the lobby to check in. The room was clean and comfortable. We received maid service on Saturday, but not on Sunday. Wi-Fi worked well after we called the front desk for the correct password.
3 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Rebecca
"never stay there"
dont ever stay there i'll never make the mistake again
7 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"Smell"
Room smelled like mold. Terrible
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
Not too bad to be older. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Comfy beds with lots of pillows.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"The hotel is, but it was clean and comfortable."
The hotel is just what we were looking for. It was priced right, and we could take our dogs. Its an older hotel, but the rooms were clean and in good repair. The staff was very nice. Its about a 10 minute walk from the beach.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Decent for the cost."
For what I paid for I wasn't expecting a 5 star experience. It was just your average motel. Staff was very nice and accomodating. A little further from the beach than I thought but still about a 10 minute walk. If you're looking to stay there but are trying to save $ consider it.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"met expectations"
A little dingy outside. First room had leaking water. Got a new room without issue. The rooms themselves were nicer than you'd expect from the outside. So above average in cleanliness and comfort. Decent value, especially for one night
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"my stay"
Loved it ..it was clean and quiet will stay there again
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
lance
"I Will Bite the Bullet and Pay for Better"
I read review after review on each hotel in mind before the trip and didn't know if i should take each review seriously because i DO know you cant please everyone. And i know anywhere away from home just isn't going to be like home BUT I 100% regret NOT taking reviews for this place seriously. My first and only positive is the Location of MY room. It was right in the front got to park right outside my room. From the instance i opened the door to the room i knew this was going to suck. The room door would NOT close all the way to lock. I told the front desk and he came to demonstrate how hard i had to slam it in order to close it. Strike 1. Secondly there is a constant mold & mildew ish smell through the entire facility...even in the lobby. The sheets the bed the curtains the floor MY CLOTHES afterwards. Everything! Strike 2. The towels are extremely rough and scratchy. The shower head on our shower was broken when i turned it on to shower and water got all over the floor, so i had to clean that up with the thin scratchy towels which INTENSIFIED the mold smell. My boyfriend fixed the shower head by tightening the connection. Strike 3. This all happened the first day. Day 2. Everytime we left the room we double tripple checked the door to make SURE we slammed it hard enough to lock (which may have been disturbing to people next to us). When we come back, theres an employee in the room next door to us, using the microwave to warm up her food. I scratched my head like hmmm employees dont have a microwave? Only to find MY door had been opened by somebody. But who? Someone with a room key maybe? Someone that didn't know you had to slam it to shut it all the way? Somebody that was looking for a room to heat up their food ? Im pretty darn sure i know who. And for sure was not room service cause we'd left & come back prior to that and room service had already done their business in the room. I checked all my things for missing valuables, not just cause of staff being in ther
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
lexx.
"very sweet housekeepers"
okay, honesty: the bathroom door did not shut, it didn't fit in the frame. the frame had damage at the bottom inside.(termites? mold? dog? but NOT mine) good thing my boyfriend and I are pretty well adjusted cause for anyone wanting privacy would be out of luck. room was clean.....and simple. TV was old but hey, it worked! coffee from the office tastes like they used toilet water to make it. toast??? bad coffee and toast? yeah that needs to be stepped up. however the best part was the housekeeping staff, they were all friendly and helpful. gave me extra towels and super sweet!! quick ride to the boardwalk, walking was a little far if you are not up for it. PARKING SUCKS! people way overpaid for parking, all I can say is find a meter if you can. location of hotel is okay, right off the main drag and next door to the convention center.
3 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"Weekend at the Beach - Quality for price"
The hotel was a 10 minute walk to beach front but saved on the hassle of parking and cost. Very convenient to area - easily accessible. Overall we liked the hotel. I has some upgrades but older hotel. For price the quality of the hotel was fine. Beds were fine we slept well. Cleaning crew and front desk staff are very courteous; friendly and efficient. Plenty of parking and free wifi.
2 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2014
"Not good"
The hotel was small and dingy. there is a connecting room for the next two rooms on the sides, the bathroom smelled like vomit, and there were spiders. It was a 2/5 condition.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"One block to the Va. Beach 1/2 starting line!!"
The staff was very nice. Basic room, nothing fancy, but it was clean and comfortable. I would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Not worth the price charged"
It was made to believe in the advertisement, that it was basically Oceanview, when it was actually 4 blocks away!! The cabinet under the sink had old used items (half empty bottle of fingernail polish remover and shopping bags) I could see the pipes and dirt -- should have been a covering or wall there but I guess they figured no one would look under the cabinet -- there was hair everywhere .... On the sink, around the toilet seat. Regular tv ** what hotel hasn't upgraded to flat screen by now!? Just horrible !! Definitely not $234 worth!!
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
BB
"Gross"
What a dirty Hotel never again
2 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
"OK for the money"
This hotel is a bit far drom the boardwalk (good 15 min walk), some rooms smell of smoke, the carpet in our room was not clean. On the other hand, it was not very messy, and the staff changed our room when we did not like the smell without problems. So, for the price it is fine, but if you want something fancier do not choose this one.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
DM
The hotel was great. Very friendly staff. Close to the beach. The pool at the hotel was clean. I would stay there again!!
2 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Good location- within walking distance of the beach- but that is the only nice thing we can say about this hotel. The room was smelly and not well maintained. We were wary about sleeping in the beds bc the bedlinens looked so dirty. Bathroom was clean-ish but I would certainly not recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Sleep in your car!"
This hotel was horrible. The room was moldy and dirty. We asked the staff for a different room and they said they couldn't move us. I asked what my options were since the room was so bad. I was told I did not have any options since it was prepaid through Expedia. I am not overly picky and have stayed in less than stellar hotels, but this was the worst one ever.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
EL
"Great place for great price!!"
10 minutes walk from Beach front but 1000 times cleaner, cheaper and better place to spend vacations!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Saeed
"Wouldn't book again"
Worst place I've ever stayed. No AC for 2/3 nights. The cleaning woman even mentioned it. Lots of mildew on bottom of bathtub. Room smelled highly of chlorine making me cough and eyes tear. No closet door, rug torn up under where closet door was supposed to be. Door security latches x 2 did not work. Shower ceiling drywall exposed without paper or paint. Refrigerator and microwave operational but dirty on outside with lots of smudge marks. Located about 7 blocks to get to beach which was good.
3 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Cathy
"Tired"
The hotel inside and out is old looking. The TV is from 1985. Staff were nice, but a little hard to understand. Pool was to open at 8:00, I had to ask and then is opened 8:30. (no lifeguard, they only needed to unlock the gate. Not bad, just not good for the $190 a night they charge.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Ok hotel."
It was close to the beach and the Farm Bureau Live Pavilion.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Good for the price"
This hotel looks old, but has some updates. It was a few blocks from the beach, but was quiet even though it was right off the highway. My only complaint - terrible pillows and not the normal comforts of a hotel (coffee maker with cups, complimentary shampoo, etc).
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Becky
Better than I thought it was! Nice hotel! And a nice walk to the beach it's very relaxing
"Very Welcoming"
We checked in at 2 AM...Front Desk agent was friendly and attentive. The sink at our room was rigged with a hammer and 4 foot piece of wood to keep the pipe from moving, which made it impossible to close the bathroom door. Great location to the beach.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Solid hotel for the price"
Positive experience with this hotel. Was looking for low priced hotel near the beach and found Ambassadors. It's about 5-6 blocks away from the beach but that didn't matter to me. Inside was generally very clean and orderly. Staff was super friendly and helpful. There were some flies we found, but not a big deal at all. Overall good stay.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Descent hotel"
Liked the stay but I'm not sure what's up with their breakfast being so cheap
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Ok hotel, longer from beach than expected"
Room was decent sized, AC was freezing (which was great on 98° days. Several long blocks from the beach, which was hard to do after walking the shops all day. Did not use pool, cannot comment on that. Restaurant located on site was not open all weekend that we were there
3 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
The rooms were pretty decent. The bed was wonderful. I enjoyed one of amenities that the hotel offered which was the pool. BUT the there was writing on wall, a small hole behind the toilet in the bathroom, and the shower was a little dirty. Also, there was a hole on the bathroom door but it was covered in paint. If someone was on a tight budget and was willing to stay somewhere close to the beach then this hotel would be perfect. Overall, I had a great time. If I could rate this hotel from 1-10. I would give it a six or seven.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Kee-kee
"OK for 1 Day Stay"
Was passing through for a one day stay it was OK, but if your staying with family well I saw allot of people very upset at accommodations, lets say if you wanted breakfast well a bun and small coffee was it, fine then OK but if your looking to save money on a family meal well think again. Service with a smile does not include telling someone they missed a breakfast that didn't exist
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Good location, but one of the worst places ever"
We requested a non-smoking room, and when we walked in, the room was incredibly smelly. We asked to switch rooms, and they wouldn't allow it because they were fully booked. They eventually sent someone over who sprayed down the carpets with this weird green solution. It was a bit better, and we got used to it, but it was still gross and made me want to vomit.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Eunice
There was hair in the bathroom and on the bed. They probably did not change the sheets
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2014
Tina
"Overall good stay"
The room could use an update but it was a 12 minute walk to the beach and boardwalk. I had the pool almost completely to myself most of the time and it was very clean. There isn't much right around the hotel but the location was perfect and within walking distance of just about anything. The staff was all very friendly. For the price paid, I would stay here again. It is well worth it if you don't ind walking. It also helped being so pet friendly!!
2 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Nothing fancy"
I stayed in this hotel for a weekend trip with my boyfriend. We chose this hotel because it offered the lowest prices. It was a ten minute walk to the beach which was convenient, but the beach at these access points was not the cleanest (I suggest using 22nd street to access rather than 20th street). This hotel had plenty of restaurants and activities (miniature golf) within walking distance. The room and bathroom were good sizes. There were a few marks on the walls and floors throughout the room that looked like the cleaning lady had missed, so the cleanliness is questionable. We were disappointed with the continental breakfast. It consisted of bread (which could be toasted), Cheerios (that were in a honey but box but they were in fact a knock off brand of the plain kind), and miniature blueberry muffins. Although we didn't have any problems that the staff needed to solve, they were extremely welcoming and we were even able to check in at 2 rather than 4, which is the usual check in time. One negative is that my boyfriend and I had two cars since we drove from different states and one of us had to purchase a parking pass because the room only provides 1 parking pass, even though the parking lot was practically empty. I believe be the parking pass for two nights was around $30.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"advertised seaside but is actually 6 blocks from t"
The hotel is old,needs updating. Room has missing baseboards.they put little pots under the outer portion of thea/c to catch the water. No decent breakfast or restaurant. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! NEVER AGAIN
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Staff was friendly. The walk up 3 flights of steps was not so great. But overall is was a place to rest.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"bad"
I would not stay there another night
2 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
wayne n
"Not Pretty, Not Fancy, But Not Bad Either"
Ok, the rooms are ugly, the carpets need some shampoo, the doors have to be slammed to shut completely but I'll tell you something, it does the most important stuff well. Upon check-in the Manager/Owner/Attendent was extremely nice, he was ready for me and I had to do almost nothing to get my key. He seemed genuinely happy to have me at his place. Upon finding my room (easy) I was less than thrilled with the wall color but more than satisfied with the cleanliness of the sheets, pillows, desk and side tables, and most of all, the bathroom. The bathroom was SPOTLESS. The water pressure was good, cups, shampoo, conditioner and soap was provided. Though evening entertainment was scarce at the hotel, the TV worked well. What else do you REALLY need? If you're SO concerned with the color of the walls, you're already looking in the wrong price range. Ambassadors Inn and Suites is affordable, clean, friendly and has free (strong) WiFi.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
Scott G.
"dissapointing"
Went for july 4th. Horrrrrrible. Toilet kept getting plugged, housekeeper didnt leave extra toilet paper, they did not want to provide the wifi password because we had to pay an additional 20$ for an extra parking pass and they said we HAD to pay it right away if not they were not going to provide the wifi password. Ridiculous if u ask me!! Charged extra for roll away bed wanted the money right away also, smells horrible like humid, carpet was disgustingly dirty and MOIST!! Tv is old, water in shower doesnt go away so ur showwring in a puddle... Ice machine says "not for coolers" we payed almost 600$ for two nights and it is not worth it. Take my advice and go somewere else.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Great Hotel For Low Price"
My Room Was Very Clean And Comfortable. The Pool Was Great, And The Room Had Really Hot Water. The Beach Is In Walking Distance, Which I Loved. Overall I Really Liked The Place, The Only Thing That Was Wrong Was The Bathroom Door Was Damaged And Hard To Close.
1 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2014
"close enough to drive to beach but not to walk to"
It was a nice enough hotel to stay at, and we might stay there again. But the dead bolt to secure the door had been broken off so we asked them to repair it or to get a different room. They repaired it within 1 hour. The continental breakfast could use some work. The cereal was a bit stale the milk not chilled and the coffee not hot. It's ok if you are in a hurry, but could have been better. Rooms were very clean and the maid service very good and punctual! Nice pool and good info in lobby and very friendly staff!
6 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
"2stars"
The room was clean, enough. Short walk to the beach/boardwalk. Those are the only positives, loud neighbors, no coffee maker, didn't feel the room should be priced as high as it was for what you got. Next time in the area, I will stay somewhere else.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Last minute"
The guy at service desk was great. Rooms were cleaner than I expected since it was last minute and the exterior wasn't so great looking. Very close to beach. Beds were a little too soft for my liking but I did experience worse plus I was at the beach more anyway. I would go back if I'm in the area again.
2 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
"Business hotel"
The room is excellent for a business stay. Nice clean room and air conditioner. Nice pool.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Good hotel though it's old but the bathroom looks new which is the best part of the room . It's not my first choice hotel but all in all GOOD.
Other trip May 31, 2014
Ana
"enjoy your peace and quiet"
We had a very nice stay and strongly recommend this hotel. I don't think you could beat it for the price:)
2 night trip May 25, 2014