All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here716 21st St, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.6
"OK for 1 Day Stay"
Was passing through for a one day stay it was OK, but if your staying with family well I saw allot of people very upset at accommodations, lets say if you wanted breakfast well a bun and small coffee was it, fine then OK but if your looking to save money on a family meal well think again. Service with a smile does not include telling someone they missed a breakfast that didn't exist
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Good location, but one of the worst places ever"
We requested a non-smoking room, and when we walked in, the room was incredibly smelly. We asked to switch rooms, and they wouldn't allow it because they were fully booked. They eventually sent someone over who sprayed down the carpets with this weird green solution. It was a bit better, and we got used to it, but it was still gross and made me want to vomit.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Eunice
There was hair in the bathroom and on the bed. They probably did not change the sheets
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2014
Tina
"Overall good stay"
The room could use an update but it was a 12 minute walk to the beach and boardwalk. I had the pool almost completely to myself most of the time and it was very clean. There isn't much right around the hotel but the location was perfect and within walking distance of just about anything. The staff was all very friendly. For the price paid, I would stay here again. It is well worth it if you don't ind walking. It also helped being so pet friendly!!
2 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Nothing fancy"
I stayed in this hotel for a weekend trip with my boyfriend. We chose this hotel because it offered the lowest prices. It was a ten minute walk to the beach which was convenient, but the beach at these access points was not the cleanest (I suggest using 22nd street to access rather than 20th street). This hotel had plenty of restaurants and activities (miniature golf) within walking distance. The room and bathroom were good sizes. There were a few marks on the walls and floors throughout the room that looked like the cleaning lady had missed, so the cleanliness is questionable. We were disappointed with the continental breakfast. It consisted of bread (which could be toasted), Cheerios (that were in a honey but box but they were in fact a knock off brand of the plain kind), and miniature blueberry muffins. Although we didn't have any problems that the staff needed to solve, they were extremely welcoming and we were even able to check in at 2 rather than 4, which is the usual check in time. One negative is that my boyfriend and I had two cars since we drove from different states and one of us had to purchase a parking pass because the room only provides 1 parking pass, even though the parking lot was practically empty. I believe be the parking pass for two nights was around $30.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"advertised seaside but is actually 6 blocks from t"
The hotel is old,needs updating. Room has missing baseboards.they put little pots under the outer portion of thea/c to catch the water. No decent breakfast or restaurant. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! NEVER AGAIN
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Staff was friendly. The walk up 3 flights of steps was not so great. But overall is was a place to rest.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"bad"
I would not stay there another night
2 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
wayne n
"Not Pretty, Not Fancy, But Not Bad Either"
Ok, the rooms are ugly, the carpets need some shampoo, the doors have to be slammed to shut completely but I'll tell you something, it does the most important stuff well. Upon check-in the Manager/Owner/Attendent was extremely nice, he was ready for me and I had to do almost nothing to get my key. He seemed genuinely happy to have me at his place. Upon finding my room (easy) I was less than thrilled with the wall color but more than satisfied with the cleanliness of the sheets, pillows, desk and side tables, and most of all, the bathroom. The bathroom was SPOTLESS. The water pressure was good, cups, shampoo, conditioner and soap was provided. Though evening entertainment was scarce at the hotel, the TV worked well. What else do you REALLY need? If you're SO concerned with the color of the walls, you're already looking in the wrong price range. Ambassadors Inn and Suites is affordable, clean, friendly and has free (strong) WiFi.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
Scott G.
"dissapointing"
Went for july 4th. Horrrrrrible. Toilet kept getting plugged, housekeeper didnt leave extra toilet paper, they did not want to provide the wifi password because we had to pay an additional 20$ for an extra parking pass and they said we HAD to pay it right away if not they were not going to provide the wifi password. Ridiculous if u ask me!! Charged extra for roll away bed wanted the money right away also, smells horrible like humid, carpet was disgustingly dirty and MOIST!! Tv is old, water in shower doesnt go away so ur showwring in a puddle... Ice machine says "not for coolers" we payed almost 600$ for two nights and it is not worth it. Take my advice and go somewere else.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Great Hotel For Low Price"
My Room Was Very Clean And Comfortable. The Pool Was Great, And The Room Had Really Hot Water. The Beach Is In Walking Distance, Which I Loved. Overall I Really Liked The Place, The Only Thing That Was Wrong Was The Bathroom Door Was Damaged And Hard To Close.
1 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2014
"close enough to drive to beach but not to walk to"
It was a nice enough hotel to stay at, and we might stay there again. But the dead bolt to secure the door had been broken off so we asked them to repair it or to get a different room. They repaired it within 1 hour. The continental breakfast could use some work. The cereal was a bit stale the milk not chilled and the coffee not hot. It's ok if you are in a hurry, but could have been better. Rooms were very clean and the maid service very good and punctual! Nice pool and good info in lobby and very friendly staff!
6 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
"2stars"
The room was clean, enough. Short walk to the beach/boardwalk. Those are the only positives, loud neighbors, no coffee maker, didn't feel the room should be priced as high as it was for what you got. Next time in the area, I will stay somewhere else.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Last minute"
The guy at service desk was great. Rooms were cleaner than I expected since it was last minute and the exterior wasn't so great looking. Very close to beach. Beds were a little too soft for my liking but I did experience worse plus I was at the beach more anyway. I would go back if I'm in the area again.
2 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
"Business hotel"
The room is excellent for a business stay. Nice clean room and air conditioner. Nice pool.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Good hotel though it's old but the bathroom looks new which is the best part of the room . It's not my first choice hotel but all in all GOOD.
Other trip May 31, 2014
Ana
"enjoy your peace and quiet"
We had a very nice stay and strongly recommend this hotel. I don't think you could beat it for the price:)
2 night trip May 25, 2014
Ware
"Very convenient location"
on the corner as the 264 expressway ends, just through the traffic light on the right hand side. I arrived about 45 minutes before the 3 pm check-in time, but was able to get my room without waiting on a Friday. All rooms have exterior entrances with the Lobby and restaurant being in a separate building. My room was on the ground floor with the the outdoor swimming pool between it and the Lobby. The room itself was small with two queen size beds, but was clean. The television was only static, but found the cable had been disconnected from the back of the TV. A parking permit is required to avoid towing. The charge for a second vehicle was pricey, but not much choice. The air conditioning unit was loud when turning on and off, but did keep the room cool with outdoor temps in the 80's. The cleaning personnel were friendly and helpful.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Rebecca
"hotel in tranition"
te room was very comfortable and clean. we were pretty disappointed that there was no continental breakfast and that the pool was never open. the location was easy to find, but it was quite a ways away from the beach. The hotel was apparently in the process of changing to a Quality Inn
2 night family trip May 16, 2014
"Extremely overpriced and outdated."
Old, musty and extremely expensive for such a dump. Will never stay here again and wouldn't advise others to either.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"only good thing was proximity to convention center"
The room was ok but kind of dirty, we weren't given a check out time during check in and weren't given any papers. It wasn't posted anywhere in the room either, so we called the front desk and couldn't understand anything they said. We thought they said 1, but in fact it was 11 so we were late checking out. They decided to charge us for another night but eventually just dropped it down to a late check out fee of $25, but told us we had 15 minutes to vacate the room. They came into the room as I was still carrying things out, while my 7 year old and 11 month old were in there with my mother in law making sure we didn't forget anything. They were extremely rude, even before the late check out. They need to have someone who speaks english working in the office to speak to people.
Other trip May 8, 2014
heather
"across the street from Convention center"
we had an event at the convention center, woke up and walked across the street. No stress of finding parking, also great that I was NOT obligated to a 2 night minimum like other hotels, easy on the budget
1 night business trip May 2, 2014
"nice hotel close to convention center"
house keeper was very friendly on saturday asked for additional washcloths she went and got right away and asked if she could do anything else for us.very pleasant
Other trip May 5, 2014
bernadine
"Cheap hotel"
Rooms are very old, paint is chipping off the walls, bed frame paint chipping, carpet around wall is coming up and dirty, door frame banged up.....over all not a very clean or welcoming room. Staff was pleasant.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Close to convention center."
Clean, with good service.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"great stay"
rooms where nice but the doors had to slam.shut to close. customer service was nice and polite. i would come.back.to.stay again thx but need better security or quite hours enforce after 11 pm.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2014
james gray
"nice beds. clean room"
good just noisy from next room filled with college females partying
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
joe
"OK hotel, bad weekend to vacation"
We stayed at Ambassadors for the weekend, wanting to relax and be at the beach. We had no idea it was beach week. The hotel management staff could not control the noise level at the hotel. We couldn't sleep at night because of all the noise from the floor above us, our floor, and the floor beneath us. The manager could not handle the situation and did not even try to deal with the noise complaints.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Heidi
"You get what you pay for"
the bed was not made when i first arrived that was a big negative and the hair dryer kept cutting off
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Rough Stay"
This hotel needs a complete makeover. My sister and I stayed here for one night and could not wait to check out. The bathroom was the worst out of everything. From chipped paint everywhere to the dirty shower curtains, we felt very uneasy. The staff however is nice and the cable is pretty decent but I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2014
"Poor hotel close to fire station."
First room door kicked in and could not be locked. Second room was a upgraded. The fixtures were falling of the wall, the room was dusty, joke for a coffee pot and no shower pressure. Ad stated continental breakfast but the only things offered was donuts and coffee.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
"Well worth the money"
I cannot say enough good things about this facility. We went to VA Beach for a race and made last minute reservations. We picked a modestly priced room. They gave us a free upgrade, just because it was available, and offered all sorts of assistance during our stay. The facility is a "little" far from the race start and maybe the beach in summertime, but if you are there on business or don't mind walking to the beach, the Ambassador Inn cannot be beat. We would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
BonnieH
Mr. Rawal at the front desk was beyond rude! Terrible customer service!!
4 night business trip Mar 14, 2014
Daija
"cheap but decent"
the hotel needs some minor repairs to the outside and stair area, and the water smells like chlorine, however I would recommend because of affordability and location right next to convention center.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
ash
This hotel had bed bug. I will not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
"run down but inexpensive"
There were some maintenance issues that could have been easily dealt with but clearly this wasn't a high priority for the motel. For example our door didn't really shut and required throwing all our weight at it to get it mostly closed, the wifi worked about half the time, and the elevator wasn't working for most of the stay which meant housekeeping couldn't clean our room, etc. Breakfast was from 7am to 10am and was in an unheated room. It was acceptable considering it was included in the cost of the room but wasn't good. They had some very stale cereal, oatmeal, apples, yogurt, toast and a waffle maker. The hotel is right next to the convention center but not much else.
2 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"an okay stay"
A short walk from the beach makes this hotel convenient. Our room wasn't bad but there was a distinct, inescapable musty smell. Overall acceptable but not great.
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2013
"Okay place to be closer to the beach"
Hotel was walking distance to the beach (5 blocks) so the location was great but it was expensive for a Quality Inn. I guess that's what you get when you want to be closer to the beach but not pay to be right on the beach. Their breakfast wasn't that great and the waffle machine had broke. The room looked clean but did not feel very clean.
1 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2013
"Not exactly the best"
Didn't feel the room was worth the money. Should have researched the hotel better.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
dj
"Good for young adult tourists!"
My friends and I, a group of eight altogether, ages ranged from 18 to 22, stayed here on a weekend visit to the beach. We experienced wonderful service, polite staff, comfortable, clean rooms and as long as you don't mind making a bit of a walk, the beach was a mere four blocks away; you could walk straight towards it! Very close to all of the shops and restaurants, and we were undisturbed on all three of the nights we spent here. I really recommend this place to anyone looking for something of fine quality along with affordable price. Also, the complimentary breakfast was wonderful!
3 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2013
Katey
"No too bad"
This hotel offer Complementary breakfast. No continental breakfast. The room had the refrigerator damaged. Nights noisy and guest fighting
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
Carlos
"More or Less"
The refrigerator' room does not work. The breakfast is not Continental breakfast. The breakfast was Complementary breakfast. I had a bad experience because the first night I was sleeping with my family and the guest of the next door started to yell and fight around 12 am. My kids could not sleep after that because they had fear. Then, another guy from another room started to yell and hit the door at 3 am. Really noisy hotel
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Carlos
To much money to be so far from beach
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Ron
"Quality Inn Virginia Beach VA"
Room looked clean but shower curtan had mold spots. Washcloths with paper labels still attached which means they had not been washed to remove chemicals used in manufacture. Noise levels after midnight from other guests running, yelling, laughing, etc. until after 3:00 AM. Should have been approached by hotel management.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Nice hotel but a little too priced"
Our experience was fine...the hotel is fairly ok and clean, just a little bit too priced for its kind and proximity to the beach...but overall, the hotel is good...
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Not a peaceful night"
A limo arrived in the parking lot late at night. Other patrons were hanging over the railing, right in front of our room yelling, at the people arriving. They were right at our door. It was us 3 females and I was not about to confront them to be quite.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
"Honestly"
This was the worst hotel I've ever been too. The rooms where not clean at all. They were all dust, mirrors had finger prints, bathroom was disgusting. Also having to hear they have theifts was another thing. I will not recommend this hotel to anybody. I dont plan on coming back with my family.
4 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
"ok"
it wad clean!;-)
2 night business trip Jul 4, 2013
The room smelled bad, so did the bedding which had stains. The beds were the smallest queen beds I have every seen & uncomfortable.The tv was 1990's & no HD. The bathroom was moldy, sink cracked which they tried to repair with caulk REALLY & the ceiling in shower was peeling & falling down. It was disgusting staying there. The food for breakfast was old & beyond horrible. the had powder cream for the bad coffee. I would never ever stay there again or recommend anyone stay there.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
"Nice hotel for what your paying for"
Unfortunately during my stay it was rainy and cold but I was going to make the best out of it and sit by the pool but the outdoor pool was closed almost a whole day even when the rain stopped, wish I would've got to use the pool or if they had a indoor pool, besides that it's comfortable and clean would recommend it
Other trip Jun 24, 2013