All hotels in Universal City, California, United States of America
555 Universal Hollywood Dr, Universal City, CA, 91608, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Poor vibe
"Wonderful stay"
Great stay. Great staff. Breakfast worth the cost. Easy to get to Universal. Room was a little small. King Alcove with rollaway. But not unmanageable. No real food other than room service.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
Billie
Everything was great but the traffic with Fright Night was ridiculous, was not allowed to turn into hotel had to drive around 15 min just to get to parkinh
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Allison
"Great hotel and great price."
Went to the Hilton to enjoy a weekend away from home and go to Universal Studios. The room was nice and big and the beds were really comfortable and the the shuttle to the park was convenient. My gripes were that you had to sign up for the Hilton Rewards program to get free wifi and logging on and that was a hassle. And Unlike check in which was painless check out there was only one guy working the front counter at 8am when you would think many people would be checking out and I had to almost wait 30 minutes which was a bit of a hassle. Also the 25 dollars a day parking for hotel guests is a bit steep, but it is Hollywood and everything is expensive and overpriced, but if I have to pay 50 bucks without having to deal with LA traffic for the weekend that is the price you pay I guess.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Nathan
"First time in Universal Studios"
Very close to Universal Studios
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
Jaquelyn
"Awesome place to stay! We'll be back!"
We were celebrating our 5th year wedding anniversary. The front desk was quick and very friendly. The food at the lobby restaurant was delicious, especially the seafood! The room and bath tub size was nice and roomy. The bed was SO comfortable. The personnel were very helpful, friendly and very engaging. Even the valet folks were kind enough to offer us bottled water on our trek home. I only have two complaints: 2 out of the 5 elevators were not working AND our towels (and bedding) were not changed by the time we came back by 3pm. We had to call the front desk to please change our towels and bedding, which they did by time we came from our afternoon swim. We will definitely be back!
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Pam
Had to pay for parking???
2 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
"Old hotel and expensive."
We stayed for 2 nights and I paid for a room with view and ended up on the 5th floor facing the air-condition units. The room was smelly like somebody smoked in the room that gave me allergy. Complained and nothing was done.
2 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2015
Room was very clean.
2 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
Stayed here for our night st universal studios. It's walking distance, like just cross the pedestrian bridge close. After a long and scary night st universal studios Halloween horrors this was an awesome way to end the day and rest our feet.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Guillermo
Besides being a bit dated but understand trying to stay historical...the only complaint I would have is that the beds were two doubles instead of two queens but the headboards were made for 2 queens. With the size of the room you could have fit two kings in there! Bedding was extremely comfortable. Bartender at the pool was AWESOME!! Very accomodating. Love the pool and jacuzzi area.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2015
melissa
"Universal studios October"
We had a fantastic time! Our room overlooked Universal Studios on the 24 floor. The free continental breakfast was good. The staff was amazing. My only complaint would be the elevators. We seemed to wait at least 8-10 minutes for an elevator each time we used one and there were 5 elevators in all.
2 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"Excellent Hotel!"
I stayed at the Hilton due to its proximity to Universal Studios. It's just a short walk to the park entrance. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was helpful. Room service was prompt and our stay was really enjoyable.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Gonee
Everything was great, only complaints would be that parking is 24.00 dollars a day and no free wi-fi.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
Daina
"Experience with Hilton Universal."
The stay was good except the elevators had no lights to show up or down cars. Room is little bit small or tight compared to pictures shown almost like McDonald's burgers.
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
Rasmey
"Not impressed."
We were there for Halloween horror nights which early access started at 5pm. The check in time was at 4pm which did not give us much time to check in and get to the park timely. Because of heavy traffic there was no shuttle service which was an inconvenience. My room in particular was smaller than the rest of the rooms my family had booked. My daughter made a quick less than a minute call from the room for which i got charged $12! A few of my family members-who were also hotel guests came to my room for drinks while we got ready-when we called the front desk for more glasses for the room-the charge was very steep so we asked for coffee cups instead- by the time they arrived most of us had already left. I loved the Peter Thomas Roth toiletries. While showering the water flow would either shoot out or go very slow. Just a few weeks ago we stayed at the Sheraton next door and I really liked the service and room there. I think if I were to go again, i would rather stay at the Sheraton.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Carolina
"Good location...be prepared to wait at check in."
Stayed here to go to Universal with family. Great location. Shuttle was OK. Staff was OK except for check in. WAY too few people to check in and out for that time of day. Plus they need to add more Asian speaking (don't know if it was Chinese or Japanese thus generalized Asian speaking) check in people. That REALLY held everyone up watching 2 people who don't speak each other's language try to figure it out.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2015
Not Provided
"Overall a good place to stay."
The room service staff was wonderful! They had made a mistake in our order and before I called to say anything they brought up a corrected order. Then they brought us a special surprise when they learned it was our anniversary. The room smelled as if someone had been smoking in it so I called the front desk and they sent someone up to deodorize it for us. Over all, a decent hotel, but no continental breakfast included.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
Shelly
"HHN Vaca"
Overall very good. Went to universal studios horror nights, but had to fly in late to accommodate Hiltons 4pm check in time (4pm though? Really? ) Then left for the event at 5pm. Came back and enjoyed the room from 3am till 10am check out. Overall the $30 an hour I spent using the room was plesant. Clean, quiet, well maintained room overall. The staff was very nice as well. Very polite and courteous.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"What a nice service !!"
Very good service !! Also they had a free shuttle from hotel to city work or universal studio very convenient thank you Hilton we will be back!!
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2015
Keiko
"Wonderful stay"
We had a 50th reunion being held at the hotel down the hill, but preferred to stay at the Hilton (points and comfort). We were correct in our choice as the room was wonderful (great view of the hills) and the staff super pleasant. The only misstep was that housekeeping had neglected to replace some of the coffee supplies and we had to call down for more.
Response by Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton, John. Sorry about the coffee. I am happy to hear that you choose to stay with us and had a wonderful visit. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Cynthia Ordyke, Director of Sales and Marketing
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"Convenient, but not a good value"
Started off with a 20 minute wait to check in. When I walked up, I was the only person waiting. No less than four employees popped out of office behind check-in, looked at rapidly growing line, and went back into office. We heard at least three times "someone will be with you in a minute", and yet they couldn't be bothered to open another line. We stayed here because there was a wedding we were attending here. Wedding guests received free parking. No parking discounts for wedding guests who stayed. Cost us $30 with tax to park overnight. Room was very nice. Bed comfortable, if a little soft. However, a/c in room would not stay on, and room was very warm, especially in morning, with sun beating down on windows. Bell staff was amazing! We checked out before attending wedding breakfast, so they put our luggage in our car (they insisted), and held our fresh flowers until our return and departure.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"good hotel, I recommend"
great location, great condition, but you have to pay parking fee ($28), you have to purchase wifi.
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2015
Su Min
"Best yet"
One of the best hotel I have stayed at so far.
Response by Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Thank you Michael! I will be sharing your comment with our team. We are honored to have received a 5 star rating and acknowledge us as the "best". We hope to welcome you back someday soon! Cynthia Ordyke Director of Sales and Marketing
1 night trip Sep 22, 2015
"Great hotel, great location, minor issues"
Great hotel with really nice and comfortable room - great bed. Nice views. Hotel Service generally good but the self parking system needs repair. They issue you a card for exit and re-entry during stay however the card readers in the garage don't read the card about 9 times out of 10 - a minor aggravation, but a hotel of this caliber should just fix it.
4 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
DR PAUL J
"BUG!"
There was a dead bug on one of the comforter. We got back from Universal Studios late so we just threw it on the floor and checked the spare blanket that was in the closet and after determining it was clean, we used that. Walking distance to Universal Studios. Elevators are SLOW. The wait to check in was quite long even though there was only 1 person in front of me.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"Not worth the cost"
Terrible breakfast buffet for $28 a plate. Elevator service is very slow. Took stairs several times. Not worth the cost. Will stick with Marriott properties.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Excellent
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Gloria
"Excellent hotel near universal"
Well maintained older hotel with an excellent staff. Everything was clean. Everyone was friendly. Our toilet was broken and they immediately fixed it. My wife and I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
RC
"lousy nights of sleep"
Bed squeaked all night like fingernails on chalkboard, on 2nd night down at pool guard helped with the problem. Cedric was amazing, he called Isais the maintence man and he came right up to fix the problem. Next morning at front desk the older man desk clerk ( didn't get name) was not helpful at all. The only compensation he could offer,begrudgingly, was 2 complementary continental breakfasts. All else was very good
2 night business trip Sep 12, 2015
penny
"Good hotel for a comfortable stay"
We stayed in a room on the 7th floor, which still had a pretty decent view. The room was clean and provided a fridge and coffeemaker. Although the decor is a bit dated, if you're looking for a clean, comfortable hotel room with close proximity to Universal Studios, City Walk, Hollywood, etc. then the Hilton Universal is an excellent choice. Prices are very reasonable and the area is safe to walk around at night (not that there is much to see or do to walk around, except if you're walking to and from Universal). There is currently a lot of construction going on around, though, but nothing that would disrupt your stay. Good room service, restaurant and bar on premises, Peet's Coffee, ATM machine on-site, Vegas-style buffet on weekends, and good selection of pay-per-view movies.
1 night trip with friends Sep 16, 2015
We stayed here for 3 nights and everything was perfect, except the fact that we had to pay parking of $24 a night. Although they just add it to your credit card you use for the incidental hold, I just feel parking was expensive and should of been free, especially because we already spend a good amount of money just staying in the hotel. That was our only dislike about this hotel.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
Carolyn
"Best vacation ever!!"
I stayed for three nights. It was wonderful. The food , the room services, the shuttle to the universals were wonderful.
3 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
Maha
"Simply Perfect!"
I have stayed at a lot of luxury hotels and this one was by far one of the best. The service and staff were superb. The Las Vegas style seafood and prime rib buffet on the weekend was a nice surprise. It was amazing and a great price for the quality. The pool area was perfect with cabanas and plenty of shaded areas. I can't say enough great things about this hotel. I wouldn't have changed a thing!
3 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
I booked a stay at this Hilton because it was my birthday, and we were going to Universal Studios. It was just about a block away from the them park and I have always heard great things about Hilton. I enjoyed my stay. the pool was nice and warm, the service was very friendly. Only complaint I would say is the pressure of the shower was almost a drizzle. Otherwise I had a great stay.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
ELIZABETH
"perfect hotel for families"
Perfect hotel for our trip to Universal Studios. It took us 6 minutes to walk there & we enjoyed the pool after dinner.
Response by Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Dear Ashik: It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for the wonderful review and it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back someday! Cynthia Ordyke Director of Sales and Marketing
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
Ashik
Great service & room
Response by Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Thank you for the 5 star review Lashawn!!!! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Cynthia Ordyke Director of Sales and Marketing
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
Lashawn
Aftert being gone all day at Universal Studios we came back to an our room and nothing had been cleaned or done to our room. When we spoke with a supervisor they informed us that they had until 5pm to get rooms done. So my question is how can check in be at 4pm when you have until 5pm to get rooms done. We were not happy. Also we were unhappy with the fact that not only do you charge to park at the hotel for which we paid for, you also charge for WiFi. The continental breakfast was good and for the most part the staff was friendly.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
"Room with a view"
After a long day, and touring Universal Studios, who wanted to drive home when this nice hotel was next-door and had shuttle from Universal Walk to the hotel? Wonderful view from the room too!
Response by Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Dear David: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Hilton's convenient location to Universal Studios as well as the fabulous views. We look forward to welcoming you back. Cynthia Ordyke Director of Sales and Markeing
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
"Sagging Mattress!"
Nice stay but the bed was like if my grandmother hadn't changed out her mattress in 20 years! Terrible sleep! Sagging mattress! Surprised with this being a Hilton!
1 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
Janice
"Self Parking is an additional $25 per night"
Not happy at all about the additional $25 dollar per night parking fee. I thought since I would be staying at a hotel that is within walking distance of Universal studios I would save money on parking at the theme park. Boy was I disappointed. Also if you want their continental breakfast there's an additional fee for that as well. I've stayed at hotels that cost a lot less and the parking was free for their guests and so was the breakfast.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
Dissappointed
Very comfortable quick check in and great view. It was very convenient being waking distance to universal studios as well.
Response by Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
Thank you so much Clarissa! It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and look forward to your return visit. Cynthia Ordyke, Director of Sales and Marketing
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Clarissa
Had to pay extra for the parking and wifi. Was not included in price of hotel. Lucky for me I had a hot spot. Clean and comfortable. Shuttle to the City Walk. Great view from upper floors.
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Excelent!!
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Gustavo
"Great!"
This is a beautiful hotel and conveniently located within walking distance of Universal City and if desired, there is a free shuttle to take guests from door to door. The room was well layed out and kept very clean. All personnel were polite and very professional. The restaurant food was very good. The business center was easy to use and convenient to the elevators. Would certainly stay again.
4 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Well worth the stay."
Staff was pleasant and helpful, with the exception of the Hostesses at the Sierra Cafe. They were a bit rough around the edges. The location was fantastic. Overall we enjoyed our stay very much and would definitely return.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Awesome as always.
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
first night was awful ceilling was dripping of water we transfered at dawn to another room so hassle, elevetor to slow min of 5 min waiting b4 elevetors open, only the good things is walking distance to universal studio and great buffet
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Orly
"Good Hotel, bad prices for parking"
Everything was great except the parking prices were ridiculous to stay there.
3 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Heide
"Ok but sneaky"
This is a very fine property but its showing its age. It is interesting that once you arrive there they tell you that it is $24 a day to park, and there really isn't an option to park elsewhere or on the street so you are really paying $24 more per night for renting a room there...no there is no free shuttle from any airport. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
4 night family trip Sep 3, 2015