All hotels in Hartford, Connecticut, United States of America
185 Brainard Rd, Hartford, CT, 06114, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

It was great!
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
Maribel and Luis
"Our favorite place for a short stay in Hartford"
We visit Hartford every year for ConnectiCon at the Convention Center. We have been doing so for seven years now and this has been the constant for us after the first two years. The Holiday Inn Express Inn & Suites is affordable, comfortable, clean, convenient, and the staff is great! They are pleasant, reliable, and responsive. We'll be back next year; by the way, I am a parent and visit with 3-4 teens.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Annie
"Hotel staff that goes above and beyond their job"
Recently stayed at this hotel for three nights. The initial person I came across on Thursday evening was a lady that was not too accomodationg (chatting with some guys that were in the buffet area while taking care of me). I allowed that one to slip. However, Javier was a very pleasant and professional individual. Drove me all the way from the hotel to the hospital when the shuttle was running late! Overall the hotel can use a bit of modernization but for a short stay it was good enough for me.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"A fine place to lay your head."
We arrived close to midnight and were greeted by a less-than-friendly front-desk attendant, but once we got to our room, we were pleased to find it clean and comfortable. As much as the breakfast was full of very processed food, to say the least, it was great to have some options to eat other than having to go out. One of the most pleasant things about our stay was interacting with the cleaning ladies and the breakfast ladies (especially Mary). They were so friendly and sweet and went above and beyond for us every day. (Some of the front-desk people could take some hints from them.)
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
Janna
"Great for quick functional stay"
This works perfectly as a quick stopping point. Nothing wrong with it but charmless. Breakfast was mediocre at best.
4 night trip May 28, 2013
"excellent value for budget business travel"
If this distinctly unscenic location a bit far from downtown fits your needs in Hartford, the Holiday Inn Express is an excellent value. A single with a king bed is spacious, with a small sofa and coffee table. The rooms are clean and well appointed for a hotel in this range. The complimentary breakfast buffet is surprisingly good, and the large breakfast room with lots of natural light is very pleasant. The staff is very friendly and efficient.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
"Solid base for a Hartford stay"
Our only major complaint was the lack of real privacy in our "junior suite." The "wall" separating us from our 16-year old son had a huge (built in) opening in it -- not really a wall at all. But the value was still very good, the staff very friendly & helpful, the room clean and otherwise comfortable, and breakfast hours were very conveniently long. Highway noise was negligible, it's an easy ride into downtown Hartford, and though the hotel is on a dreary industrial street, the Chowder Pot restaurant next door was excellent.
4 night trip Apr 1, 2013
Alan T.
Great service!!
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
sissy
"Love it!"
Loved my stay. I'd definitely stay again.
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2013
Marcel
"Decent hotel not far from downtown Hartford."
It was a comfortable room, but there was a disconnect between the room type I reserved and what was available upon arrival. Thankfully, my Mom and I were in town for a concert and didn't mind sharing a queen bed.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Melody
"$25 extra for my show dog to stay & broken heater"
The first room we were put in, had a broken heater, after about 30 mins of waiting for a repair man, we asked to be moved to another room. Which happened very quickly, although this new room was a smoking room and we were booked non-smoking. That was the disappointing part, the room smelled very strongly of smoke and after waiting for so long in a cold room, we gave up and dealt with it. The fitness room was great (more hotels need this, I would pay a lot more for access to a treadmill), although it was a bit smelly, because it is very small with little ventilation. The hot tub was a nice feature as well. Overall, I think it is what you pay for, our rate was lower than average (88. and change, plus the $25 for our dog, which I think is absurd my dog is cleaner than most children.)
Other trip Feb 20, 2013
"QUALITY BREAKFAST AND CONVENIENT LOCATION"
The first room that I was given had a bad smell so I was given another room which was impeccable! Staff was very helpful and I was impressed by the quality of the breakfast; it was so much better than the usual muffins and dried bagels in chain hotels! breakfast was very good and that's a key reason why I would come back.
Other trip Feb 18, 2013
"very nice clean room and great value"
Courteous helpful staff, good free breakfast
4 night business trip Dec 10, 2012
"foilage viewing"
Was a little disappoined in having to wait to get our room. Arrived a 2:30 on Sunday after noon. The parking lot was empty but no rooms were ready. At 3:00 one was became available. Room was clean, and comfortable. Only other problem was we wanted to get a six pack of beer so asked the desk. They directed us to a liquar store but forget to tell us it closes at 5:00. We asked at 5:05. We didn't find out until we made the trip. We mentioned it when we got back the the clerk simplely said whoops.
1 night romance trip Oct 21, 2012
jerry
"Convenient to downtown Hartford"
My husband and I we're in town for the Hartford Marathon. They welcomed s very warmly and checked us in fast. They were very helpful the next day when we were concerned about not having booked the room for that second night. (a miscommunication w/ hotels.com). We were able to keep our room. All of this great, because I was exhausted after participating in the marathon that morning! Our room was basic, but was nicely furnished & well maintained. We would definitely stay at this hotel again! Ps.. Spa was great!
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
Kim R
"A great place to stay while doing Hartford"
The entire staff, from the front desk to the housemaids to the shuttle driver, was helpful, friendly, and kind. Breakfast was great. The best seafood restaurant ever is within walking distance. The free shuttle made maneuvering Hartford easy. My daughter had med school interviews and I had a trade show- we would definitely stay here again, and intend to next year.
Other trip Oct 13, 2012
Michele
"do not stay here"
Booked this room for a children's concert in Hartford. Upon check in, we were warned about very roudy guests for a punk rock concert that were staying at this hotel. We could not use the pool on Sat. as there were so many loud folks. Swearing, drinking, making messes...not a place for children. Sun. we could not use the pool as the engineer could not get the pool chems correct, had to add more chemicals," but the kids can go in after 11". Had to add more chems, I should then put my children in the water? Dirty bathroom with hair on floor and mold under soap dish. We could not wait to leave!
1 night trip Sep 2, 2012
Jo
"Good stay"
This hotel was very nice and accomodating. The room was nice and roomy and the hotel was very clean. The staff was great. The breakfast was nice and they even gave me a to go case because I was running late for work. I would stay here again
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2012
Meggy596
"Clean and spacious room but terrible bed!"
Hotel was in good condition. Our room was large and clean but the bed was AWFUL. It was old and squeaky, and the mattress was sagging in the middle. The next morning, both my partner and I, had back pain.
Other trip Aug 4, 2012
Andrea

"Sewage smell"
This hotel should not exist. It is located next to a SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT. The smell is everywhere: outside, in the halls, in your room.... Besides the fact the hotel should not exist, there was ongoing renovations being done but no one working on them. Also the breakfast was awful, and the power went out when too many appliances were used and everyone in the room sat in the dark while they finished their awful breakfast. But I will repeat my self, the main reason you don't want to stay here is that it is right next to a sewage treatment plant. Why did they build it there????
5 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
"good but rather expensive"
I found it a good place to stay for couple of days,clean,spacious bed room and good cleaning services.The breakfast was rather good in terms of quantity and quality however,the coast of 2 nights was higher than I have learned from the hotel website because of the 20 extra $s added to the bill under the term of Occupancy Tax(???).
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Will be a nice hotel after renovations are over"
This hotel is not Holiday Inn any more. They are going through some renovations now on the ground floor and will soon become Best Western Hotel. My stay was fine, but if you have dust allergy - it's not the best place to be, at least in June 2014
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Nick
"Wonderful stay"
We wish that all the hotels we have stayed had been like yours. We shall be looking out for Holiday Inn Express hotels when we come back in 2016 for the Kentucky Derby is on.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2013
Rod and Chris
"near downtown"
hot tub was broken again... and i was really looking forward to it after a long trip and working all day as well. every time i go to this hotel, the hot tub is broken. so... i will not stay there again.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2013
"A good stop on a driving vacation."
A very good stop on a driving vacation. Staff as helpful as they could be. No, hesitation in recommending this hotel.
Other trip Oct 14, 2012
2 night trip Aug 13, 2014
rafael
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
2 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2014
"Nice hotel, convenient location, friendly."
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
1 night trip Aug 11, 2012
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2012
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites

"Very nice accomodations and staff"
08/02/15 James M Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Stayed here for six nights for a national softball tournament. All staff members were very kind and courteous. Manager went OUT OF HIS WAY to ensure all of our group's needs were met in a very timely manner. Thanks!
"business trip"
08/02/15 Rajendra M hartford, United States
expected more from hotel but not very satisfied jdfkljasdlfkjasdklfjklasdjflkadsjfklasjdfkljaslfjladskfjladsjfmnfasdnflasjdlfkjadslkfjadslfjladsjflajdslfjldsjflasdjfladsjfkljadsklfjsjdfkljSJFLASDFKJADS
"Desk attendant Jocelyn is the best!!!"
07/28/15 Twood06
We reserved a room here after making a last minute 3:00 a.m. Reservation through Hotels.com. We were exhausted after traveling from NJ to Massachusetts for what was supposed to be a day trip. When we arrived at the hotel, there was no record of our reservation. Once the reservation was located, hotels.com had us booked for one queen bed, which left no place for our son to sleep. There were no other rooms anywhere. I don't know what Jocelyn did or how but she located a room with a queen sized bed & a pull out couch. She was kind and courteous when we needed it the most. She went above & beyond at 3:00 a.m. & she certainly did not have to. The room was immaculate & very modern. Thank You Jocelyn!!
"Thouroughly Enjoyable"
07/17/15 TheosDeum Southbury, Connecticut
The hotel had a very Friendly staff. The hotel was very clean, from the entrance to the lobby to the halls to the rooms, to the breakfast area. We liked the very comfortable bed. They had a very good breakfast
"Fantastic place to stay with kids for a softball tourney"
07/14/15 CoachM710 Levittown, New York
Just spent the weekend July 10,11. After almost 5 hours in traffic from LI we arrived. It was 7:50. I checked in to find out that the pool was closing at 8pm. My daughters were devastated. So I said change quick and jump in and out. Turns out I wasn't the only family in my group to sit in the same traffic and 3 more families arrived at the same time. Girls also disappointed about pool. They changed and jumped in..... Well the manager that night (I think Deserae) let the pool remain open for another 1/2 hour. We didn't even ask. I think she noticed their sadness and just went ahead a let us stay. All good again. When I called to book this trip back in May for 12 families I spoke to the Manager Kevin McCabe. I had questions about the team and family congregating somewhere at the hotel. He advised me that next to the outdoor pool was an area that we could hang out. I asked about dining as a group....he told me "I happen to have a new BBQ being delivered in 17 minutes". First come first serve of course. Well, he wasn't kidding. There was an outside gazebo with 2 picnic table and a BBQ. We got there first on Saturday night, there was very little propane left. BUT Kevin went right out and got a new tank. The service from this staff was exceptional. We ended up BBQing for around 25 parents and 35 kids (12 and under). They kept the pool open until 9pm Saturday night for us. We could not have a better hotel stay if we tried. The breakfast choices were fine. It was buffet but if was included. Again that staff was terrific. Kept restocking quickly. Coffee was good and hot and fresh. I would definitely recommend the hotel if stating in the Hartford area. Thank you to all at the Best Western Hartford CT
"Nice hotel, easy access to downtown"
07/12/15 Kelly V
We were moving our daughter to the city and needed a hotel that was close to downtown and reasonably priced...we found it here!! Everyone was friendly, helpful, and courteous,from those at the front desk to house keeping. The rooms were nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable! My only cons would be that the water when showering didn't stay consistent in temperature, especially in the morning and my room key kept expiring (not sure why) but the front desk was quick to get it straightened that matter out. The breakfast options were nice; they offered pancakes, bacon, sausage, pre-made omelets, a variety of bagel and pastry items and a few choices of cereal. We will definitely be staying here again when we come to visit and will be recommending this hotel to others. Thanks again Best Western for another great stay!
"Trip to Canada"
07/08/15 Barbara H Glen Burnie, United States
Nice place. Due to my own mis-planning, it was further off the interstate than I wanted. The staff were great and the breakfast selections were adequate. When traveling this way again, I would certainly consider staying here again.
07/07/15 LOOKHIGHER Atlanta
Conveniently located to downtown Hartford the newly renovated hotel and its amenities were very nice. The staff was extremely accommodating when I needed and extra key, towels or a working iron (for the third time). The continental breakfast average (not great not bad). CON: The only problem we had wasn't any fault of the hotel. There was very strong marijuana and cigarette smoking on our floor. I don't think it was ever addressed or resolved by the hotel although I reported it to the front desk. PRO: The beds were TRULY queen sized that slept two comfortably.
"A wonderful place to stay for a road weary traveler"
07/03/15 John C New York City, New York
I recently had the opportunity to stay at this location. Based on business I had arrived at 7 a.m., having come straight from the job that wrapped up at 4:30 a.m. and they accommodated my early check in easily. A worker there by the name of Myra really went out of her way between checking my reservation the day before and making sure things will be all set up for me upon my arrival. Big thumbs up to her. Their only deficit as far as I could see was a bit tight parking in the front parking lot, but there is a parking lot on the side. Otherwise I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The staff was wonderful, the room is clean, and the blackout curtains help me sleep for work I had that evening, the bed was extremely comfortable.
"very happy with my stay"
07/02/15 Kevin B schenectady, United States
very clean nicely priced and great breakfast! the room layout was very comfortable, and there was a lot of space for my daughter to have her own area to play with her toys along with my husband and I to have our area to relax!