All hotels in Hartford, Connecticut, United States of America
185 Brainard Rd, Hartford, CT, 06114, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"excellent value for budget business travel"
If this distinctly unscenic location a bit far from downtown fits your needs in Hartford, the Holiday Inn Express is an excellent value. A single with a king bed is spacious, with a small sofa and coffee table. The rooms are clean and well appointed for a hotel in this range. The complimentary breakfast buffet is surprisingly good, and the large breakfast room with lots of natural light is very pleasant. The staff is very friendly and efficient.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
"Solid base for a Hartford stay"
Our only major complaint was the lack of real privacy in our "junior suite." The "wall" separating us from our 16-year old son had a huge (built in) opening in it -- not really a wall at all. But the value was still very good, the staff very friendly & helpful, the room clean and otherwise comfortable, and breakfast hours were very conveniently long. Highway noise was negligible, it's an easy ride into downtown Hartford, and though the hotel is on a dreary industrial street, the Chowder Pot restaurant next door was excellent.
4 night trip Apr 1, 2013
Alan T.
Great service!!
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
sissy
"Love it!"
Loved my stay. I'd definitely stay again.
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2013
Marcel
"Decent hotel not far from downtown Hartford."
It was a comfortable room, but there was a disconnect between the room type I reserved and what was available upon arrival. Thankfully, my Mom and I were in town for a concert and didn't mind sharing a queen bed.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Melody
"$25 extra for my show dog to stay & broken heater"
The first room we were put in, had a broken heater, after about 30 mins of waiting for a repair man, we asked to be moved to another room. Which happened very quickly, although this new room was a smoking room and we were booked non-smoking. That was the disappointing part, the room smelled very strongly of smoke and after waiting for so long in a cold room, we gave up and dealt with it. The fitness room was great (more hotels need this, I would pay a lot more for access to a treadmill), although it was a bit smelly, because it is very small with little ventilation. The hot tub was a nice feature as well. Overall, I think it is what you pay for, our rate was lower than average (88. and change, plus the $25 for our dog, which I think is absurd my dog is cleaner than most children.)
Other trip Feb 20, 2013
"QUALITY BREAKFAST AND CONVENIENT LOCATION"
The first room that I was given had a bad smell so I was given another room which was impeccable! Staff was very helpful and I was impressed by the quality of the breakfast; it was so much better than the usual muffins and dried bagels in chain hotels! breakfast was very good and that's a key reason why I would come back.
Other trip Feb 18, 2013
"very nice clean room and great value"
Courteous helpful staff, good free breakfast
4 night business trip Dec 10, 2012
"foilage viewing"
Was a little disappoined in having to wait to get our room. Arrived a 2:30 on Sunday after noon. The parking lot was empty but no rooms were ready. At 3:00 one was became available. Room was clean, and comfortable. Only other problem was we wanted to get a six pack of beer so asked the desk. They directed us to a liquar store but forget to tell us it closes at 5:00. We asked at 5:05. We didn't find out until we made the trip. We mentioned it when we got back the the clerk simplely said whoops.
1 night romance trip Oct 21, 2012
jerry
"Convenient to downtown Hartford"
My husband and I we're in town for the Hartford Marathon. They welcomed s very warmly and checked us in fast. They were very helpful the next day when we were concerned about not having booked the room for that second night. (a miscommunication w/ hotels.com). We were able to keep our room. All of this great, because I was exhausted after participating in the marathon that morning! Our room was basic, but was nicely furnished & well maintained. We would definitely stay at this hotel again! Ps.. Spa was great!
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
Kim R
"A great place to stay while doing Hartford"
The entire staff, from the front desk to the housemaids to the shuttle driver, was helpful, friendly, and kind. Breakfast was great. The best seafood restaurant ever is within walking distance. The free shuttle made maneuvering Hartford easy. My daughter had med school interviews and I had a trade show- we would definitely stay here again, and intend to next year.
Other trip Oct 13, 2012
Michele
"do not stay here"
Booked this room for a children's concert in Hartford. Upon check in, we were warned about very roudy guests for a punk rock concert that were staying at this hotel. We could not use the pool on Sat. as there were so many loud folks. Swearing, drinking, making messes...not a place for children. Sun. we could not use the pool as the engineer could not get the pool chems correct, had to add more chemicals," but the kids can go in after 11". Had to add more chems, I should then put my children in the water? Dirty bathroom with hair on floor and mold under soap dish. We could not wait to leave!
1 night trip Sep 2, 2012
Jo
"Good stay"
This hotel was very nice and accomodating. The room was nice and roomy and the hotel was very clean. The staff was great. The breakfast was nice and they even gave me a to go case because I was running late for work. I would stay here again
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2012
Meggy596
"Clean and spacious room but terrible bed!"
Hotel was in good condition. Our room was large and clean but the bed was AWFUL. It was old and squeaky, and the mattress was sagging in the middle. The next morning, both my partner and I, had back pain.
Other trip Aug 4, 2012
Andrea
"One day vacation"
Hotel is not baaad. the hotel the best service is the breakfast service the womans name was mary she is a special in the hotel....
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2012
danny room 132
"Comfortable"
Very comfortable and accommodating. I was alone, but felt welcomed.
Other trip Jul 11, 2012

"Sewage smell"
This hotel should not exist. It is located next to a SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT. The smell is everywhere: outside, in the halls, in your room.... Besides the fact the hotel should not exist, there was ongoing renovations being done but no one working on them. Also the breakfast was awful, and the power went out when too many appliances were used and everyone in the room sat in the dark while they finished their awful breakfast. But I will repeat my self, the main reason you don't want to stay here is that it is right next to a sewage treatment plant. Why did they build it there????
5 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
"good but rather expensive"
I found it a good place to stay for couple of days,clean,spacious bed room and good cleaning services.The breakfast was rather good in terms of quantity and quality however,the coast of 2 nights was higher than I have learned from the hotel website because of the 20 extra $s added to the bill under the term of Occupancy Tax(???).
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Will be a nice hotel after renovations are over"
This hotel is not Holiday Inn any more. They are going through some renovations now on the ground floor and will soon become Best Western Hotel. My stay was fine, but if you have dust allergy - it's not the best place to be, at least in June 2014
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Nick
"Wonderful stay"
We wish that all the hotels we have stayed had been like yours. We shall be looking out for Holiday Inn Express hotels when we come back in 2016 for the Kentucky Derby is on.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2013
Rod and Chris
"near downtown"
hot tub was broken again... and i was really looking forward to it after a long trip and working all day as well. every time i go to this hotel, the hot tub is broken. so... i will not stay there again.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2013
"A good stop on a driving vacation."
A very good stop on a driving vacation. Staff as helpful as they could be. No, hesitation in recommending this hotel.
Other trip Oct 14, 2012
2 night trip Aug 13, 2014
rafael
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
2 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2014
"Nice hotel, convenient location, friendly."
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
1 night trip Aug 11, 2012
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2012
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites

"A wonderful place to stay for a road weary traveler"
07/03/15 John C New York City, New York
I recently had the opportunity to stay at this location. Based on business I had arrived at 7 a.m., having come straight from the job that wrapped up at 4:30 a.m. and they accommodated my early check in easily. A worker there by the name of Myra really went out of her way between checking my reservation the day before and making sure things will be all set up for me upon my arrival. Big thumbs up to her. Their only deficit as far as I could see was a bit tight parking in the front parking lot, but there is a parking lot on the side. Otherwise I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The staff was wonderful, the room is clean, and the blackout curtains help me sleep for work I had that evening, the bed was extremely comfortable.
"very happy with my stay"
07/02/15 Kevin B schenectady, United States
very clean nicely priced and great breakfast! the room layout was very comfortable, and there was a lot of space for my daughter to have her own area to play with her toys along with my husband and I to have our area to relax!
"Pleasantly Surprised"
07/01/15 JimS7557 Enfield, Connecticut
As I said, I was pleasantly surprised when I entered my room. It was spacious,clean,everything looked new.And I found out later that it had a multi-million renovation last year. And it looks like it. there is a pool and hot tub,free breakfast-and not just a waffle maker like most places. This was a full breakfast-bacon,home fries,pancakes,muffins, eggs......and anything else you can think of. ill definitely stay there again. Have stayed in many more expensive hotels that weren't as nice as this one
"Great renovation!"
06/28/15 Tara J Londonderry NH, United States
This hotel is up to speed with ALL newly designed/redesigned hotels of this type of style. Great internet, breakfast, staff, rooms, amenities etc. I was happy to be a Rewards Member and stay at this hotel. Hartford itself is another issue...really don't like the city, but if I ever have to go back I will stay at this BW!
"Clean and easy to get to"
06/28/15 Rachel J Frederick, Maryland
Was just traveling thru, very easy on/off the highway. Hallways, though redone, have an older feel. Rooms obviously recently done over. Bed comfortable. Occasionally an odor in room ?musty smell, but had same smell outdoors, so I think it is just the area. Staff were all friendly and helpful.
"Excellent Experience"
06/28/15 Charline M East Hartford, United States
I enjoyed my stay and it was my first time at this location. Breakfast was very good and a lot of varieties. Staff were kind and helpful as needed. I will definitely will come back and recommend to my friends and family. TripAdvisor is the reason for my selection as the prices are incredible when you need a place to stay in advance or at last minute.
"Last Minute Stay"
06/25/15 Michael F Lincolnton, United States
Clean room, decent sized space, courteous staff, easy access to room, decent breakfast that could be improved by a bit more variety. I don't more to say. My original sentence was already concise......
"High School Graduation Stay"
06/24/15 Chauntenique J Lakehurst, United States
The hotel location was great. Continental breakfast was nice there was a decent food selection. They also had good hours. The hotel and room itself was contemporary, clean and well took care of. The bathroom in the room was a little on the small side but everything worked in the room also. There was a fridge and working microwave in the room. The Flat Screen Tv was an enormous in size. Friendliness and politeness of staff was moderate. I would stay there again and recommend to others. It was a little pricey but well worth what you pay for. It's great location for tourist attractions and fellow travelers. There is a fitness center, pool, hot tub and picnic area however I was not able to make use of but I am sure if I had more time it would be enjoyable to share with family and friends.
"Review of Best Western--Hartford CT"
06/15/15 Raymond D Hartford, United States
Newly revamped and great. Was a good hotel to stay in. My only issue was that, for $150/night, I would have liked a healthier, higher quality breakfast and NO KUREG---eeeecchhhh---coffee in the rooms. Laundry room on site was very helpful Good gym and outdoor pool. Rooms were great as were the staff.
"Mike"
05/30/15 Michael L Florida, United States
Very nice and clean, a great value compared to the absurd rates in the Hartford area. Was pleasantly surprised to find it as nice as it was, especially on the east side of the city. I would stay there again.