All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America
340 Park Ave, Portland, ME, 04102, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

• Value
    Good internet service
    Rather comfortable
    Room is all right
"Portland crossroads"
Nice property. Location convenient to highways, interstates, airport, and Portland. Across street from their expo center. Not really walking distance to anything else. Downtown hotels charge for parking.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Not great, but when there is no other choice"
Pros: Bed is comfortable / Free Parking / free morning breakfast / free coffee and water 24/7 Cons Room Condition: overall not impressed. Not saying it was terrible but for the price it was lacking. The shower bathtub area had some paint peeling; the shower curtain was very dirty Pool area – outdoor pool, walls were moldy, lots of bugs floating, not heated (like I thought a pool should be in Maine), only 2 small areas of shade to share with the rest of the hotel. Room Temp: I don’t like how we set the temp of the room to 72, the air would kick on to cool down the room like normal and then later the heat would kick on if the room got 'too cold'. Big waste of energy and not comfortable. Noise: we didn’t get a solid night sleep because of the noise level in the hall and the neighboring rooms, this hotel had a lot of ‘party kids’. Soom rooms having 4-5 people coming in at 2am for an after party. Parking: Although it is free parking, this hotel is right next to the Sea Dogs Stadium and the hotel rents out their parking spots to those seeing the game. That’s great but 3 of the 4 nights we stayed there the lot was filled up with people not even staying at the hotel, if they do this as a side business then they should assign parking spots to those staying in the hotel.
4 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
"Portland ME - Wedding"
Did not like that dogs were allowed in the hotel. Was not aware of that prior to booking the hotel. It was our first time at the LaQuinta hotel and assumed it would be similar to the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. The price is about the same but the Fairfield Inn is much nicer.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"A clean, decent place to stay"
The room was clean and in good shape, which is the most important thing for me. The beds were fine, and I was happy to have free Wifi and a mini-fridge.
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Aaron
Very much the standard chain motel. Pretty decent condition; convenient but unattractive location. Lots of activity and noise.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Padraig
breakfast is to be a little better and they start cleaning up way before the allotted time for breakfast.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Decent hotel, shouldn't be your first choice"
Pros: Bed is comfortable / Free Parking / free morning breakfast / free coffee and water 24/7 Cons Room Condition: overall not impressed. Not saying it was terrible but for the price it was lacking. The shower bathtub area had some paint peeling; the shower curtain was very dirty Pool area – outdoor pool, walls were moldy, lots of bugs floating, not heated (like I thought a pool should be in Maine), only 2 small areas of shade to share with the rest of the hotel. Room Temp: I don’t like how we set the temp of the room to 72, the air would kick on to cool down the room like normal and then later the heat would kick on if the room got 'too cold'. Big waste of energy and not comfortable. Noise: we didn’t get a solid night sleep because of the noise level in the hall and the neighboring rooms, this hotel had a lot of ‘party kids’. Soom rooms having 4-5 people coming in at 2am for an after party. Parking: Although it is free parking, this hotel is right next to the Sea Dogs Stadium and the hotel rents out their parking spots to those seeing the game (at $5 a car). That’s great but 3 of the 4 nights we stayed there the lot was filled up with people not even staying at the hotel, if they do this as a side business then they should assign parking spots to those staying in the hotel
4 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Two stays in a week both very enjoyable. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Staff at the front desk was very nice but we didn't get a receipt when checking out (I forgot to ask).
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Gerald
"Close to the train station."
The location near the train station is one of the few good things to say about this hotel. It was really just so basic. One bar of soap and one bottle of shampoo in the very dated bathroom, that was it. The carpet felt dirty and a plastic piece of a cornerboard fell off during the night! The bed was fairly comfortable, there was free wifi, and the room was quiet, that's about the best I can say Oh yeah, and terrible coffee in the room and the lobby. Wouldn't stay there again unless I was desperate for a room. Luckily we just stayed one night!
"Ok for a Weekday Stay"
We stayed here twice, once on a weekday and once on the weekend and both times on the third floor. The weekday stay was fine. We had a regular room in the middle of the hall. The room was quiet and comfortable enough. We would stay again during the week. The weekend stay was, well, unpleasant. We had a room behind the ice machine, so the room was much smaller and we heard every ice refill. Being across from the elevator meant we heard everyone coming and going. And since many occupants were there for a local game, they were loud and sometimes drunk. We didn't sleep at all and got up early for our flight very tired.
AJ
Hotel is further from downtown area than posted on your site, which was unfortunate because we chose it based on this information.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"A hassle free hotel"
This is a hassle free hotel,if you have dogs with you in your travel this is the place to be,nobody will bother you they even provide with poop bag so you can pick up after your dog,the thing is they maintained that place clean and if you like having breakfast before going somewhere,they're good with that too,you can eat as much as you want,they even have coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day,plus the location is not bad either.I would definitely recommend this to people I like,my experience with La Quinta is always good.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Bert
"Very poor Choice"
I used a free night for this place, what a mistake. 1$ is too much for a night. If I could get my free night back I would. I had better accommodations in the Soviet Union was better than this and that is saying an awful lot. By the way, the breakfast was just as bad.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Allan
"Expected an average cheap hotel, was blown away!"
I did not have high expectations of the this hotel, but I was blown away! The rooms were classy, clean and inviting. The bed and bedding was super comfortable. The floors had just been redone. breakfast was fresh and lovely. I will come back to stay again. Hands down.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
"Very Good Hotel, but far from town's center"
Overall the hotel is very good: nice, well kept and very clean. The breakfast is well prepared and with many items. The breakfast area is rather small in regards to the overall number of guests and it will get crowded easily. Excellent service from the staff, hotel is not close to the town's centre though.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
FV
Made for an OK place for a quick overnight. Room was clean and looked to be recently renovated, with some modern styling. Location was a little difficult to get to for a first time visitor, Portland has one way streets everywhere, and a lot of streets lack any signage.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2015
Nice hotel for the money. Very clean. Comfy beds. Free breakfast :)
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Decent hotel in Portland"
The hotel was relatively good for the price. The hotel was clean and the rooms were spacious. One problem we encountered was the air conditioning. The lowest the thermostat went to was 65 but the room constantly stayed around 77. We barely felt a difference with it on. Another issue with the hotel is the location. It is a bit out of the way from downtown or Old Port, but very close to the Sea Dogs stadium. If you plan on seeing a Sea Dogs game, this is the hotel for you.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
Good hotel for the price, stay 3 days everything was ok
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Tony
"not so pleasant stay"
sheets look dirty, pillows not fluffy...
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
"Good place to stay; close to old port."
I would stay here again - it was very close to the old port and half the price. They have a shuttle van that will take you into the city if you decide to take a boat to any of the other islands. Hotel is in okay condition, but staff is friendly and overall I got what I was expecting.
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Not what it appears"
We were expecting a mini refrigerator and a microwave. The place was nice but not quite as fancy as the website made it seem. Overall good stay.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"Decent stay and convenient"
Hotel was fine. The tv had some issues. The staff made up for any shortcomings because they were just very very nice and helpful!
2 night trip May 23, 2015
Sumedha
"Okay for one night"
We weren't expecting this hotel to be the Ritz, but it was noisy (trains), beds were hard as rocks & the shower head was useless. We were supposed to stay three nights and left after one. The staff was VERY friendly & knowledgeable & I give them their due, but the hotel needs some help.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"I would recommend La Quinta"
We stayed here due to the convienient location to Maine Med which is only a few blocks away. The room was spacious and bed very comfortable. Breakfast was also a perk.the neighborhood is quite noisy with freight railroad in the rear of the hotel and lots of traffic but it is the city after all. The noise was noticable at times but not much of a bother. The price is very reasonable in comparison to other hotels in the area.
2 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"Nice hotel."
Only stayed 1 night. Found it very clean. Breakfast was very good with many choices.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Best sleep in a long time!"
We all agreed we had a marvelous sleep and we think it was because of the most comfortable mattresses!
Other trip May 13, 2015
Nan
"Great Value, Great location!"
Everything was absolutely fantastic! Just wish the TV could be louder.
3 night family trip May 5, 2015
Tracy
"close to downtown portland"
Needed place to stay close to downtown portland and not too expensive
Other trip May 7, 2015
connie
"One Night in Portland"
Only stayed 1 night, but it was adequate as a jump off point to drive into Portland and Freeport. Nothing spectacular, but clean and beds were comfortable.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Rebecca
"A good choice"
A nice place to stay; I would recommend this one to friends and family. Good breakfast, good bed.
2 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
Sylvia
"Fine, nothing special"
A visit on a road trip. Very reasonably priced and clean, not the greatest of neighborhood but not bad, just not downtown. Which was known and reflected in the price. The room smelled of paint although there was no wet paint, and we lost power for a short period of time, but overall a fine place to stay while passing through with access to downtown.
1 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
Greg
"La Quinta"
Affordable. Clean. Good service.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"We Will Be Back !"
Clean, Quiet, Comfortable, front desk helped us out a few times with directions, help with taxis, & even map quested directions for us. Short walk into Old Port.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
wayne
"Great, if you can sleep through the train noise..."
A good value for the money, but with one big downside. It's just across the street from an active rail line. I was awoken at least 3 times overnight by loud trains going by. Walls are thin too. I got to enjoy an extended conversion in the room next door at 2am. I don't consider myself a light sleeper, but noise kept waking me. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was good, given the price.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
"Hotel needs updating."
Rooms are dated; hotel needs updating inside the room that I stayed in. Great hotel staff and service. Lobby needs updating, too.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Visitor
Very easy. Comfy. I got the sleep I needed and the staff was great. For a last minute booking this was totally great.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Cost effective way to crash in Portland"
Not bad, you get what you pay for
1 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
"Adequate stay with the dogs"
Room was clean and comfortable but no fridge in the room. Lobby floor was being redone so it was a little messy buy glad they were renovating. Location of hotel is in a messy area but the value was good and they are pet friendly.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Leo
Hotel under construction...would have been nice to know in advance. room right by railway heard trains passing thru out night. would have liked that mentioned when registering I m a light sleeper. There were hairs in tub, but bath was clean otherwise and rest of room was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was Excelent. Over all would probably stay again.
Judy
I spent the weekend visiting Portland, and La Quinta helped make it a great experience. The price was affordable and the location made it easy to explore the city on foot.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Hospital"
Very accomodating for our needs
2 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
Sandra
"Pleasant Surprise"
Honestly, I had low expectations, but the place wasn't the pit I was expecting. The service was friendly, and the room was quiet, clean, and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Warm Maine restfulness"
Have stayed here several times, and always found it comfortable and convenient as my temporary home during consulting at USM.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Alice
"Friendly staff"
Nice clean rooms, a very friendly check in. Didn't make breakfast as it finished pretty early at 9am.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"Affordable & Pet Friendly"
Very clean and comfortable. Close to Old Port and loved that it is pet friendly.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Tina
"Very clean hotel, but somewhat noisy"
The hotel's cleanliness surpassed my expectations. However, the hotel can be somewhat noisy given its location next to the train tracks and the hospital. I'd stay here again but would run the fan at night to drown out any outside noise.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Katie
"cheap"
it was the cheapest hotel I could find that day, but I think it's because they have never updated it. The elevator sounds like its about to break. the bed was really comfortable, but if you're looking for something fancy, this isn't it.
"Reliable hotel"