All hotels in Barcelona, Spain
Avenida De Sarria 50, Barcelona, Barcelona, 08029, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Melia, A Five Star Dream Hotel Experience"
Our eight day stay at the Melia was truly wonderful. The staff and concierge services were top rate. Everyone who worked at the Melia went out of their way to be helpful. The level update made the experience even more special, which included breakfast, snacks and tapas each day. My daughter and I were sad to leave this wonderful place. Although the Metro is a approx. a 12 minute walk from the hotel, bus, tram and taxi services were available and easy to find. I would highly recommend staying in this hotel if you are planning a visit to Barcelona. There's no better place.
Response by Meliá Barcelona Sarrià
First of all, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We are proud to receive these words. It s a pleasure for our entire team to know that your stay were as a dream. We hope to welcome you again with us to offer you the best of you experiences. Kind regards, Guest Experience Team
8 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Paulette M
"Great Service; Great Value Through Hotels.com"
Daniel and Telmo (at the front desk) were most cordial and customer-focused. A huge "Thank you ! ! !" to them both and their associates for a superlative job. We added these 2 nights to our tour with Insight Vacations that ended in Barcelona with 2 nights as part of the tour. All 4 nights were excellent ! ! ! The 2 nights booked through hotels.com was a great value.
Response by Meliá Barcelona Sarrià
We want to thank you for your comment, we will extend your gratitude to Telmo and Daniel, it will definitely motivate them the fact of being acknowledged by you. It will be a pleasure for us to receive you in your home at Barcelona.
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Claude
"Great place to stay in Barcelona"
Awesome hotel. Daniel was awesome. He was very helpful and informative. A hardworking young man. A great asset to the hotel.
Response by Meliá Barcelona Sarrià
Thank you very much for your feedback, we are delighted to know that you have experienced our passion for service through Daniel. He will be motivated to know your acknowledgement as a great asset to the hotel. It would be a pleasure for us to see you again at your home in Barcelona.
2 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Debra
"great location"
perfect location to stay in barcelona.. 15-20mins away from ALL major attractions and a nice area to go for a walk if you want. Overall a great place to stay with family, friends, couples or even by yourself!
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Good hotel for bussines"
Very small room, rather for 3 star not for 4 or 5 The staff very nice and helpful
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
cristian
"A wonderful Barcelona experience!"
My husband in a wheel chair and daughter traveling with us. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and generous with their time. Marvelous complimentary breakfast. A perfect stay at your perfect, hotel!
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Alice and Jim
"Cutomer Service Amazing"
Early check-in was not possible. Wonderful people at front desk answered all questions and took care of early morning travel arrangements. Watch valuables when outside. Apparently not frequently, but another guest lost luggage, money, etc. to thief taking advantage of crowd unloading at front door under pretense of helping guest.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"ok"
we were planning to stay two times first time was ok they decided to change our reservation for the second stay and move us to another hotel we did not pay attention to the tiny letters in the email we received while in our cruise when we arrive at at Melia sarria after our cruise they inform us they have no room for us we have to move to Melia Sky and they informed us we approved this change that was very unpleasant experience and very unprofessional way to do business.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Lamiaa Elkoulily
"Good Hotel"
I would come back in a next trip to Barcelona. The Restaurant is good but only with a small menu. Good Breakfast.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Hector
"Great value"
The hotel staff was amazing , helpful, personable.The location was central, easy access to public transportation.Quiet neighborhood,however hotel is situated next to a "Gentleman's club," was weary about that upon arrival, but noticed no unusual activities.The pool was very small, and there was a fee to use, thought that strange ,it was not mentioned in hotel info, but was mentioned in amenities.Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Queenie
"Under renovation"
The hotel was under construction so i probably would have rated it better.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Comfortable hotel and good staff Good location and access. Very clean and organized structure Good neighborhood and safe area.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Mohamed
"barcelona"
the hotel is really good. the receptionists are amazing, helping you out to find things to do in barcelona, what to do, how to do it, how to go etc.... was really happy with my booking !
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
dave
Not really a 5 star. Carpet and room was dirty.
3 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Nice hotel; mainly business travelers, but less than one block from bus tour stop
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Super comfortable very modern!"
Very enjoyable it's Spain! No complaints staff very helpful!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Poor service and attention"
We booked a non-smoking room and were told at the time of the check-in that they did not have non-smoking rooms. We were given a smoking room and their only solution was to send an employee to spray the room. Very disappointing.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2014
"Close to transportation."
The staff is very well trained. Very courteous and professional.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Retired travler
"Close to transportation."
The staff is very well trained. Very courteous and professional.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Retired travler
"Nice hotel off Diagonal"
A great hotel in a very nice neighborhood. Bit of a walk to the nearest Metro station.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"2-day Getaway while visiting Madrid"
We went to Barcelona for an FC Barcelona vs AC Milan game. Decided to splurge just a little for the festivities. I am usually a Melia fan, however this one disappointed me. 20 € to use the pool/spa. King size bed was 2doubles binded together with bedsheets and front desk was not helpful. Would rather spend more $ somewhere else.
2 night trip Nov 5, 2013
LDN
"Four Star Plus"
It's a nice enough hotel, but not quite a five star. The bathroom is larger than the room. Thankfully we got a good deal or I would have been really disappointed.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"the level club is well worth it!"
amazing hotel and customer service, the level club is well worth it, full breakfast every day with fruit and omelete bar, all day you have apetizers and drinks and after 7 pm you also have apetizers and all the alcohol you can drink! they change dollars to euros 24 hours a day and the concierge was great, we stayed for 8 days , 3 couples and we had a blast, i will defenetly come back
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
yuri
"Hotel in Les Corts"
The Melia is in a good location for shopping along the Diagonal, business trips to the banking district, and fans of FC Barcelona. Transportation advantage: If you plan on attending a FC Barcelona football/soccer match or make a visit to Camp Nou, the high speed tram line (T1, T2, T3) is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Since the line starts and ends near the hotel, the crowds and transit traffic after a match can be avoided. The hotel is clean, but is ready for a makeover. Easy to see worn carpets and furniture. But, this is a matter for fussy people. Everything in our room worked fine. Room service was prompt and the front desk was helpful, too.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"Highly disappointing."
I would not recommend this to anyone. This hotel is rated as a 5 Star. It's more like a 2 Star. Apparently only 1 level has 5 Star amenities, whatever that means in Barcelona. The space between the end of the bed and the wall was almost 25cm. The TV is attached to the wall in the corner and does not swivel. Carpets are stained and dirty. Usually a 5 Star hotel includes a coffee unit. After I was inconvenienced and had to pack up, I was moved, only to a room where the shower smelled rotten, the handy-man had to come and fix the air conditioning unit and they left a kettle in the room for 'coffee' where the cable wasn't even long enough to reach a plug. Certainly a let-down especially when you have paid for and expected 5 Stars. I guess every country's 'rating' system differs. Not sure who awarded these stars. Also be aware that the rate excludes taxes, breakfast and the used of the spa / pool.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Good hotel with a nice bathroom.)"
I was staying 3 nights in Barcelona. First I thought it's a bit too far from center. But it wasn't a problem. If you arrive by plane you should take a train to Saints and take a bus #32. It's easy and cheap. Buy 10 trips card, it cost 9€ and you can use it for train, metro and bus! Great bargain.) Our room was really small, but we didn't spend much time there. Good thing, each room has a kettle, so you can make your own tea. Bathroom is really good, nice shower and a lot of shampoo and hair conditioner and etc. everyday! Touristic bus stop is 5 min walk from the hotel on Diagonal ave. near Starbucks. Very easy to catch a bus to Saints train station, 5 min walk to bus stop #27. The only disappointment for me was a size and there was no view at all... But I didn't think about it cos I was out all the time.) P.S. Champagne sangria is delisious! Enjoy Barcelona!
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
Yulia
"Good hotel"
Staff accommodated request for adjoining room and extra bed in one room (for 3 adults). Room was large enough to accommodate all three adults. Convenient to have adjoining rooms as we shared supplies and electronic charging adaptors. I thought our reservation included the breakfast; however, did have to add that at 17+ Euro/per person price at time of checkin. Breakfast buffet was great. Enjoyed champagne everyone morning and a make to order omelet so breakfast was one of our two main meals of the day.
4 night family trip Jun 27, 2013
Barcelona visitors
"Great Hotel for location and breakfast"
Definately one of the best breakfasts in Barcelona
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
Victoria
"Weekend in Barcelona in may"
Central location near Diagonal, Spanish sq., Rambla
Other trip May 12, 2013
Serge
"A fifteen minute walk to the Metro"
I didn't know what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised. Upon our arrival, we were told about the breakfast plan. For 49 euros we could have an upgraded room along with a delicious breakfast plan daily. Later in the evening the hotel offered a light tapas affair with alcohol, which was also included in that amount. This was truly a treat since I wasn't expecting this. Not being a night owl, it was a perfect way to end the evening before heading off to bed.I would definately recommend this hotel. The service was perfect in every way. The staff took very good care of their guests.
7 night trip Mar 23, 2013
P. Petrie
"solid with excellent friendly service"
Aspires to hipness and manages fine...excellent friendly staff, good location if not overly central to tourist spots ...excellent views from many rooms - a bit of style - excellent hotel -
3 night trip Nov 10, 2012
bd
"Computers"
Loved everything about it. Front desk very helpful. Only down side was that the internet station wasn't working. I was'nt aware of additional computers on 1st floor until my last day. It would have saved me a lot of problems with my flights had I had the use of a computer. If the computers can't be made to work, it would be better not to offer that option.
1 night trip Oct 29, 2012
"Great for business travelers!"
Good experience in the overall, specially the staff!
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
G. Roa
"Fantastic hotel"
It was absolutely fantastic. Everyone was so kind and helpful. Breakfast was awesome. It was a short taxi ride to main places in Barcelona. The room was great even though it was not one of the most expensive. I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Barcelona.
2 night trip Sep 3, 2012

"Great hotel. Good value."
I had a great stay in this hotel. They have all the amenities including a gym and spa. I enjoyed the cheese bar on the first floor (not part of the hotel).
2 night trip Aug 25, 2015
SG
"Hotel with Spacious Rooms"
We stayed four nights at this hotel as part of our tour of Spain.
Response by Meliá Barcelona Sarrià
Thank you very much for your review, it is a pleasure for us to know that you have enjoyed your time with us.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Sen
"Tiny rooms!!!!!"
I stayed for 7 nights in the tiniest hotel room I've ever stayed in my life! To make it matters worse, I was there for a business trip and requested a quite room so they put me in a room with a connecting door whereby I was able to hear everything next door. Will not stay here again in the future.
2 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
"Friendly, clean and comfortable"
The hotel was not well located to any main attractions. However, it was very clean, quite new, and the staff were very courteous and friendly. We pay extra to upgrade the room which include exclusive use to vip room which serves food and drinks all day, the spa sauna and gym too. This little extra made our stay all so more enjoyable.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Teresa
"Great hotel which is 15-20 mins from Las Rambla"
The hotel is a little distance away from the city centre, you have a 10 minute walk to Hospital Clínic Metro station or the H8 bus, which is a few mintues walk will take you to the city centre. The staff in the hotel was fantastic and helpful. Any query that I had, they helped and accomodated me. The room was clean, good air conditioning system, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was great. It had all the amenities that I was looking for and provided the great comfort while in the room. Everything was clean. The breakfast buffet was great, would highly recommend it and had a great selection for you to choose from. All in all I believe this to be the best hotel that I have ever stayed in.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Hassan
"Weekend break at Melia Sarria"
I had initially booked a guest room - but felt a little nervous that it was perhaps not going to be 'special' enough give it was for birthday treat. I upgraded to the Level Package, which allows use of spa/ upgraded room/use of a lounge with free flowing cava/wine/coffee/snacks (which to some would be considered to be enough for lunch - bread cold meats cheese, nuts, fruit, cake). I was very pleased I had upgraded. Rooms are a little tired - but still very lovely and nice cosy feeling. Staff all very friendly. Lovely hotel - quite modern - and staff all very pleasant. Breakfast was a whole range of foods. We filled up on that. Getting a cup of tea was a bit of a mission - I found myself asking about three or four times, to eventually get brought a put of hot water a tea bag and a pot of milk. Obviously all does the job, but usually arrived after I'd finished eating. Not a major issue - more an annoyance.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"A little out of the way"
The hotel was not as nice as other Melia's that I have stayed at. It was a little worn but clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff accommodating. The breakfast was very good. However, for all of the sites in Barcelona it was somewhat off the beaten path.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Jeanne
"Very nice hotel near to the F.CBarcelona,Nou Camp,"
Walking distance to the subway People at the hotel very helpfull,friendly,the breakfast excellent,at night there is very nice CHEESE BAR RESTAURANT,WITH WINES A LA CARTA. WE ARE COMMING BACK to Barcelona and to this hotel
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
lupita
Excellent Hotel in quiter sector of Barcelona - but within walking distance of transport links. Can't wait to go back.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Fabulous hotel close to the centre"
Great hotel for a weekend in Barcelona! Good restaurant and bars close by with a large new shopping complex about 5 minutes walk away. The centre of Barcelona is a pleasant 30 minute walk.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Hotel perfect in every way, close enough to centre"
Only spent the weekend at the hotel but cannot fault anything. From the moment we arrived to departure, staff were polite and helpful, appearance of the highest standard at all times. Food in plentiful and a very good variety. Cleanliness of the highest standard and minor issue with robe in room dealt with immediately. Will be making a return visit in the future.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Service at this hotel is second to none!"
We stayed in room 1703 for 5 nights. Room was very clean and well appointed. The bed had high quality linens, a menu for pillows!,nespresso machine, fridge,robes, tub, and amazing shower etcetc! Air con worked well. Noise between party wall was a minor annoyance but that's very common in hotels. breakfast was lovely and the level upgrade was worth every penny. A 10-15 minute walk to the nearest metro. 59 bus is very close though! It's not a touristy neighbourhood so feels safe. Taxi back to the airport midweek in the middle of the day was 27 euros. Absolutely brilliant hotel from our experience. :)
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
DWMC
"Dealt well with complaint"
Booked for 4 nights. on arrival we were allocated a tiny room with inadequate storage - no space to put been one case. Complained to reception who said it was because we were on a cheap - ie Expedia deal. Manager - Alexis - apologised for the room which he readily acknowledged was not acceptable, but as hotel was full could not move us for first 2 nights. Also arranged breakfast for 2 on all 4 mornings at no charge (worth 152 Euros. I felt under the circumstances Alexis did very well and treated us with honesty and consideration. The hotel is very pleasant and stylish. Its location is a 15 minute walk from nearest metro and 30 minute walk from Nou Camp. There is not much nearby in terms of barsd and restaurants. We would stay again - for us Alex retrieved the situation.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Willie
"GOOD MODERN HOTEL CLOSE TO CITY CENTER."
WE ARRIVED FROM LONDON AND TRAVELED INTO THE TOWN CENTER BY AIRPORT BUS, THEN A QUICK TAXI RIDE TO THE HOTEL. CHECK IN WAS VERY EFFICIENT WITH GOOD STAFF WHO SPOKE EXCELLENT ENGLISH. THEY MADE A ROOM CHANGE FOR US WITH NO FUSS. TWO GREAT RESTAURANTS. DOWN STAIRS 'CHEESE BAR' IS A VERY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE AND MOST ENJOYABLE. FOOD WAS LOVELY, FRESH AND WELL PRESENTED. AS YOU WOULD EXPECT THE CHEESE SELECTION IS EXTENSIVE AND THE PRESENTATION AND CARE OVER QUALITY WAS VERY NICE TO SEE. THE WINE LIST WAS WELL BALANCED AND THE WAITERS KNOWLEDGE WAS VERY USEFUL. THE BAR ON THE SECOND FLOOR WAS VERY WELL RUN AND THE BAR MAN WAS MOST PLEASANT. WE HAD A LOVELY MEAL IN THE RESTAURANT ON THIS FLOOR. WE WERE A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT THE LIMITED CHOICE ON THE MENU. THIS WAS UNFOUNDED AS THE SELECTIONS WE MADE HAD THE MOST WONDERFUL FLAVORS AND TEXTURES. WE WERE SERVED BY A VERY EFFICIENT MANAGER AND A LOVELY WAITRESS. IT WAS AN EXCELLENT EVENING. WE PURCHASED OUR TOURIST BUS TICKET FROM RECEPTION AND AGAIN THE STAFF WERE FANTASTIC, EVERYTHING WAS EXPLAINED AND DIRECTIONS TO THE NEAREST STOP SIMPLE AND ACCURATE. ON CHECKING OUT EVERY THING WAS IN ORDER WITH NO FUSS. OUR TAXI WAS READY TO TAKE US TO THE AIRPORT AND OUR CASES TAKEN OUT TO THE CAR. NO FUSS NO BOTHER NO WORRIES. GREAT!!!!!
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
CHRIS
"Nice hotel, off the beaten track"
Wonderful helpful staff. Great service. We didn't have breakfast at hotel. There are local cafés near to hotel.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Myra
"Hotel in the City"
A nice hotel if you stay at the Level. the service is better for customers who pay that bit extra, the view from the hotel is nice. The staff are great. The managers could probably learn a thing or two from them.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014