All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
314 Riverside Ave, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Close, clean and comfy!"
Our stay was for two nights. Staff was friendly. Clean room, comfortable bed, nothing fancy, had all you would need. The shower was heaven, lots of pressure and hot water. Flat screen TV, microwave, mini fridge w built-in freezer, coffee, blow dryer, WiFi that did work. Super close to boardwalk, can see it from the sidewalk from the hotel. Our stay was in December, and was quiet. I did not notice much noise from outside, can hear neighbors if they manage to bang the walls. Stayed on 1st floor, did not hear anyone above us.Breakfast was great. First morning, eggs, sausage, waffle maker, cereals, juices, coffe, milk, yogurt, fruits, boiled eggs, peanut butter, condiments. Second morning, sausage wasn't available. Overall great stay. Would recommend and go again.
2 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
Rianna
"Average. OK value for money."
OK hotel. No obvious issues but it wasn't to my taste. Good location.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2014
Edward
"hometown guy"
my room was very nice and clean. the people running things and the lady cleaning the rooms were very friendly. I would be happy to stay there again.thanks for the nice visit to my hometown.i'll be back.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
dennis
"I'll stay again"
Nothing to complain about, all good.
2 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
Kenn
"Boardwalk Hotel"
Friendly staff, clean rooms, great parking, and good breakfast. Walking distance to Boardwalk. I would stay here again.
2 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
sheryl
"Nice stay!"
It was great, except for no wifi which was not the fault of the owners.
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
Matthew
"Great decor and comfort"
Booked this hotel for my parents who came to visit and they really liked the comfort of the pillows and sheets. They were really satisfied with their stay. I was there with them for a bit and I really liked the decor. Also the fact that the room had a fridge and a microwave. Will def book here again.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Genn
"More like a motel than a hotel"
This is an older establishment, and appears to be an older motel converted in to a Comfort Inn. The pros: Clean comfy bed and pillows, nice front desk. The cons: Rusty sink and showerhead, hard to control temp because no thermostat, no desk, scary toilet (the water pressure was insane and was very loud and frightening upon flushing).
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Recommend, and coming again next month"
We enjoy our vacation, the guy from the reception (forgot his name) was great and very helpful. The location is good, close to the board walk and downtown area.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"GreatValue near the Boardwallk"
We spent two days/one night in Santa Cruz. The Comfor Inn BB was perfect for us. This is a "no frills" motel, but the location was great, the room was clean and reasonably large, the staff were pleasant and helpful and the price was right. Continental breakfast was the usual fare of fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice, bagels etc. Their waffle maker was bigger and better than others I have seen.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Rich
"Strong recommendation"
I usually do not write the review, but would like to spend a few minutes to recommend this hotel. Hotel service is awesome, and they are very friendly to guests. I stayed here at last weekend with my wife after an interview in Santa Clara. Driving there from Bay area took just about 40min on Friday late afternoon. A lot of attractions (although many of them are closed in winter season), beautiful beach and coast, and restaurants are all in walking distance from the hotel. The room and the bed were clean. The refrigerator works well. Breakfast was great. I would stay here again when I visit to Santa Cruz!
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Our weekend get away"
Our stay was comfortable, and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Viviann
"Close to the boardwalk and beach"
Good place to stay for a single person or a couple. I only stayed for one night, not bad, it was walking distance to the boardwalk and the beach.
Response by Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area
Dear Kimberly, Thank you for taking the time and filling out this survey. Hope to see you again. -Kirti Patel
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Kimberly
very good for two stars
5 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
"Great value!"
Not luxious; clean, compact, superb staff, good breakfast, easy walk to beach, boardwalk, wharf.
Response by Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area
Dear Guest, We are glad you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for your kind words. Hope to see you again soon.
1 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
"Great staff, wonderful services, nice location"
We had a very pleasant two-days stay at the hotel. Ankul, the staff at the front desk, was so very friendly, caring, accommodating and really made us feel right at home. Our room was clean and the bedding/mattress very comfortable! Breakfast was good with a lot of choices and well stocked. The motel is a short easy walking distance away from the Boardwalk/beach/pier/Wharf and nice restaurants. We would definitely stay here again!
Response by Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area
Dear Leanne, Thank you for taking the time and writing this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that we get to see you again very soon.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Leanne
"Nice updated room"
Everything was great except the towels. Towels were thin and old.
Response by Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk. Hope that everyone enjoyed their stay besides the towels. Management has been made aware of your concern and will implement some sort of a change.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Comfort Inn at its finest"
It's a Comfort Inn, don't expect 5 star accommodations. That being said, great location (5 min walk to boardwalk, 15 downtown), spotless rooms, good complimentary breakfast, but most of all excellent staff. The front desk guy is super friendly. Great value for an overnight stay when you're looking for a night on the town.
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
Very friendly nice staff. Breakfast was more than sweets.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"super clean and convenient"
This no-frills hotel has all the basics down with scrupulously clean rooms, comfy beds, exceptionally friendly and available staff, and easy location.The neighborhood is fine and safe, but nothing charming - though within walking distance of the Santa Cruz boardwalk. My only suggestion would be to update the cooling system - it was noisy cycling on and off.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
cali dreamers
"BEST LOCATION TO THE BOARDWALK/BEACH!"
Personal service from front desk was excellent! Housekeeping of our room needs a bit more attention but the overall experience was good. The best was being able to walk to the boardwalk and beach......very close.
3 night romance trip Sep 21, 2014
Sharon A
"Convenient location, average hotel"
We needed to stay near the boardwalk and this hotel was great for proximity. It was not a glamorous hotel but, as we were not looking for that, it was a good fit. Room was functional but not beautiful. Pool was teeny tiny and located in the parking lot adjacent the road. Breakfast was simple but satisfying. Parking was wonky b/c not enough spaces. Hotel staff was especially friendly and helpful ... really dug them. Good place to hang your hat. Seemed to be on par with all of the other hotels adjacent to the boardwalk.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Just don't stay here"
The location of this hotel is convenient, but that's pretty much where the positives end. The hotel was fully booked, so I didn't have an option to switch rooms when I got here at 11:30PM. The location to the boardwalk is VERY convenient, but the neighborhood seems a little bit shady. There were people hanging out drinking and smoking weed in their cars when I drove up. Parking is terrible; I had to park on the street. I stayed in room 107. The room seemed clean upon first glance, but once I started settling in for the night, it was clear that the room was not cleaned with care. There were hairs in the bed and almost all of my towels were stained. But, the worst part was the smell. The room smelled like urine. I didn't notice it until I turned on the air conditioner. I made sure it wasn't the bed I was sleeping on. When I went over to the air conditioning unit it was very clear that the smell originated from there. It seriously smelled like someone had urinated directly into the air conditioner. I'm really not picky about hotel rooms, as long as they're clean I really don't care. This room was not clean. If this room was that unpleasant I can only imagine the same "level of care" is taken on their other rooms. I was only staying for one night so I went to sleep as soon as I could and just told the front desk clerk when I checked out. Do not stay here. This is not the level of comfort that the brand "Comfort Inn" promises. Horrible.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Ann S
"Very clean. Close to boardwalk."
We were very happy with this hotel. It was very clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The bed was comfortable and we loved that when we got to our room they had firm pillows on top and soft on the bottom and we could choose what we wanted. Very nice touch!
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Good for the price. Close to boardwalk."
While I'm writing this im staying at a Marriot so im going to rate this based on a comfort in. Overall would i stat here again? - Yes. Compared to the other hotels i saw in the area this would be a top choice. Its close to the boarwalk (like a block away).
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Room was clean and comfortable - looks like it might need some repair soon, though. Walls/bathroom door paint is starting to chip. Otherwise, room was fine.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Debbie W.
"anniversary trip rest stop pleasant surprise"
When we drove up I was not expecting much.... the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk doesn't offer any super luxurious accommodations. As pulled up to the hotel, I was a bit worried. .. But after all this was just a quick rest stop of our eight day trip.....when we checked in the lobby was nice! The outside of the Hotel is very modest looking nothing facny, but the room was very nicely updated and pretty comfortable for a smaller hotel. Would definitely stay there again :) great price nice surprise!
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2014
Mr&Mrs M
"Very close to boardwalk"
Clean, comfortable room. Staff was friendly. A bit expensive but you're paying for being near the boardwalk.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Very LIMITED parking"
The parking is extremely limited, and you may end up parking is a space where you are blocked by another car. It's a bit of a hassle to ask someone to come out and move the car blocking you so that you can get out. Also, the deadbolt in our room was about to come off the hinges. In general, they need to do a better job of maintaining/upgrading the facility. I also thought the breakfast area was pretty cramped.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
"Wonderful staff! Very accomodating!"
We had a great stay. We booked several weeks in advance. At the last minute, we wanted to add an extra night. While we couldn't stay in the same room, the staff made sure we were able to move from one room to another right away. The breakfast buffet was tastey...the kids loved the waffles!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Jill
Very little parking. Be sure to get there early to ensure a parking spot or you have to park on the street. That way you can park and then just walk to the Boardwalk which is just two blocks away. Loved the stay, but unfortunately very thin walls. Management was more than helpful with the stay.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"Attention to guests satisfaction"
We were very pleased with our stay. The owner and staff are very attentive to the guests needs. The hotel was clean and our room was comfortable. The manager accommodated our request to extend our stay and rearranged reservations so we didn't have to change rooms. He also accommodated parking for us since the parking lot is pretty tight and we drive a large suburban. And only a short walk to the Board Walk. We will definitely stay here again. No need to pay the exorbitant price for the hotel on the beach.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
SB
"Walk to the boardwalk!"
Great rooms with small fridge. The pool was very small but still fun to gather around. One thing they need is more parking. My advice is get there early park and walk where you need to get
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"Not a happy camper"
I was charged a fee of $50( On top of what was already paid) because the hotel had it down as 2 persons and my rep from Hotels.com made it for 4 guests. The room was teeny tiny, but clean. I did like how it was a mere 3, maybe 5 min walk to the boardwalk.. That was actually the only thing that I did like...
1 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2014
Genia
"rustic"
close to the boardwalk, pleasant staff, not very airy...
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Close to everything!"
Nice hotel. The outside shows a little wear but the rooms are brand new and comfortable. Very little parking but from what I could tell, there was limited parking at every hotel there unless they had a parking garage. Close to the boardwalk And beach, parked our car and never had to move it.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
harmony
"Great location. Could use updating."
The hotel is just a 5 min. walk to the Boardwalk and beach which is great. The pool area is tiny so we didn't use it at all. Our room was ok, it would be better if the bathroom and carpet was updated. The beds were good. Liked that it didn't have those awful old flower covers on them. The free breakfast was ok. We only ate it once the during our stay.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"close to the boardwalk"
Clean room and the staff are friendly and the place are close to all
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
jose
"great location"
This is a nice hotel, just a short walk to the boardwalk. We enjoyed our stay. We found the staff to be very nice and accomodating.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
KaREN
"Close to beach and boardwalk."
This motel is the typical Comfort Inn. Room was a little cramped with 2 Queen Beds with 1 adult and 3 kids. Breakfast was good. Kids loved the waffles. It was a non-smoking motel, however the motel allowed people to smoke outside their rooms!! Not good if you have your window open, smoke coming in. The parking at this motel was HORRIBLE!! If you didn't get there early in the day, you didn't get a parking place. Parking was metered parking on street. I was lucky enough to get parking when I checked in at 3 pm. I didn't move my car for the 2 nights because I did not want to lose my spot.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Grandma D
"Close to the beach"
Nice that it was close to the beach, staff was friendly. The only down side was the hotel parking very limited space
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Great place to stay, close to beach/boardwalk."
Rooms not bad, could hear neighbors at night though (thin walls?). A bit pricey but it's summer and close, so can't expect too much. If you have more than one car be prepared to park on street. Continental breakfast was fairly decent. Room size varies but there was still plenty of space. Overall a good experience.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Plover"
We have been here before and it is always a great place. Very clean, very good service, friendly staff. Enjoyed our stay as always.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2014
"Comfortable beds and clean rooms"
It was very comfortable, and the people running the hotel are so nice.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
cmellor
"Never Stay at this Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!"
The room was small, the bed was hard and lumpy, parking was horrible. I will never stay here again!!!!!
1 night family trip May 23, 2014
Debbie
"Ideal Location to Santa Cruz beach boardwalk"
We were extremely pleased with our entire stay. Room's were very clean and decorated nicely, very modern and new furnishings. The pool is on the small side but that did not matter our little girl loved it. The staff were friendly and allowed us to park at hotel until our room was ready. Hotel offers a awesome breakfast with everything that a person needs to jump start their morning. Santa Cruz is quite eccentric the neighborhood reflected that, but we felt safe and everything we needed for fun was in walking distance. We will surely stay here again when we return for fun in the sun.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
saywhat4you
"Close to the broadwalk"
We stayed in the 2 queen bed room. The room is pretty small for 2 beds. The carpet was very dirty and pillows didn't look very clean but the room was nice and updated. If the carpet looked cleaner it would have been great. Staff was nice and let us check in early. Breakfast was fine.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"OK Stay, Nice Staff"
My daughter and I stayed overnight here before a visit to UC Santa Cruz. We arrived around midnight after our visit to UC Santa Barbara. Parking lot was full so we had to park on street. No elevator, but the nice clerk carried our heavy bags to the 2nd floor. Room was pretty clean but found a wad of hair in a "clean" towel. Had usual Comfort Inn conveniences.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
Great spot if you are looking to go to the boardwalk and wharf for the day. The front desk attendant was very friendly and helpful. The area around the hotel wasn't the best, so we made sure we go home before dark! Also, we were deceived by the pictures of the pool online. We weren't looking for much, but the pool was tiny, could have been a spa! But who needs a pool when you have the beach 2 blocks away. Overall great experience at the Comfort Inn. We felt safe and the hotel and grounds were very clean and well kept.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
"Nice hotel walking distance to the Boardwalk"
The staff was very polite and helpful. The room was clean, fresh and comfortable. The breakfast that was provided had good choices and was all fresh. I highly recommend staying here.
Other trip May 20, 2014