All hotels in Onley, Virginia, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad pool
    Poor vibe
"No complaints given the price and location"
We stayed as a quick overnight because we were in town to run a half marathon. The hotel is old with few bells and whistles but we had no big complaints. It's fine for a few days for a place to sleep and shower. We appreciated the large in room refrigerator and the hotel staff was friendly. We didn't partake in the breakfast because none of the food was conducive to running a race an hour later but the McDonald across the parking lot offered a good alternative.
1 night trip with friends Apr 9, 2016
Very outdated, dusty and itchy. Everything was antiqued and old. The bed sheets were very itchy, alot of dustmites. The breakfast was excellent I'll give then that.
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2016
Cesar
"A holiday get away"
Enjoyed stay. Excellent front desk service. Bathroom commode a little low for handicapped individual. All handicapped shower stool too low for handicapped individual. Over, great place to stay. Excellent breakfast for travelers. Rooms super comfortable.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
Not Provided
"Meh"
Nothing went terribly wrong and the price was certainly right. But there was some damage the bathroom wall, the mattresses were worn out, and the whole environment was just kind of dreary. Note there is no guest laundry onsite or anywhere nearby. I'd stay here again if it came down to it -- but next time I'll look a little harder for something else.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
"Needs thorough cleaning"
Would not stay there again. Bathroom smelled like it hadn't been cleaned for a while. Pool was dirty. Place generally grubby.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
"It's not a Marriott, but the better place to stay."
The stay was nice, the rooms were clean except one room had a swarm of gnats. The other room was fine. Also many gnats in the breakfast area, but the FD agent was very informative and apologized. All in all, the stay was great. If there was one thing that could be improved it would be the TV system.
1 night romance trip Sep 8, 2015
"Bad carpet, lack courteousness."
The carpet in the room is dirty and, rest room WC can be cleaned better. The lady who was service breakfast was very rude. When asked for bread and bagels to be replaced when they were done, she said they were done and they do not have them anymore. But with in 2 minutes she got them and replaced them. She is either disinterested in her work or very rude.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
"Gross hotel suitable for unhygienic parties"
The toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if people are getting sick from the amount of mold in the bathroom. We were on our way to the beach for vacation so thankfully we only had to stay one night. I decided I felt cleaner not showering. The breakfast is a disgusting joke...plan on hitting the McDonald's next door. Also this hotel seems like a popular party location for local young people. Very loud all night long; many people coming and going.
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Nice stay
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Mayank
"Moldy towels, green pool"
Sorry to report the condition of this Days Inn has ruined the chain's reputation for me. The sheets had cigarette burns on them, the bathroom had black mold around the tub and smelled so bad we had to call the front desk and ask that the bathroom be cleaned again. Towels provided (just one small hand towel, until we asked for more for our party of two) actually appeared to have mold on them! Carpeting was old and dirty, and one standing lamp had the broken shade just hanging off. The pool was green. Breakfast was basic, and to be honest, I had no desire to eat the breakfast because of the filthy condition of the room--if the management did not care about room cleanliness, would they care about the food? The McDonald's next door had a line at breakfast.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
Kat
"Nice people needs some money"
Nice people, professional, needs some money spent on it starting to look like rode hard and put away wet.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"Clean room and bad management"
They acted very cheap when it comes to breakfast. No more plates available and although the attendant was there she was not filling up anything. Once we asked for plates she said it is finished. It was taken to management who brought out the plates. Apart from that, room was clean which was the only reason I stayed there for two nights. I really felt bad for those ppl who made it to breakfast room at 9am. The lady was very rude and it seems like management has it planned not to provide customer with any food.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Not worth the money"
This place is extremely outdated. Breakfast was old fruit was old. Rooms old , out dated furniture bedding sheets had cigarette burns on them. Carpet was nasty smelly and old. Bathroom toilets barely flush. I would recommend this play to anyone unless there are no other choices.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Horrible two day stay!!"
I checked in with my fiance.When I got to the room I noticed there was only enough towels and wash cloths but for one person. When I made reservations, I made it for two people. Upon check-in I asked for extra towels and wash cloths and when they didn't bring them to the room I called the front desk again. We had to wait until after 11:00 a.m to shower because they never brought them. My fiance had to walk up front to get them. Then when housekeeping came my fiance was in the shower and I was in the nude when housekeeping knocked on the door and immediately pushed open the door. I yelled and said "hey, get out of here!". The housekeeper then threw the towels and wash cloths on the floor, which she only brought one towel and one wash cloth for two guests and told me " you should have put a do not disturb sign on the door". I was floored! I felt very uncomfortable and violated. I was about to make a pot of coffee when I noticed that it was mold around the water spout of the coffee maker. I showed it to housekeeping and she said it was due to hard water. Really? I was astonished. The room had candy paper behind the night stand and the end of our stay the toilet wouldn't flush. Horrible room and service!
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Rhonda
"Very good night's sleep and good breakfast"
Room was clean, staff friendly,helpful and very pleasant . I was very pleased with with our stay at this hotel and would gladly return
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Brenda
"Filthy Swimming Pool"
/the room we stayed in was clean, but the outside amenities were gross. The swimming pool, I wouldn't have left any kind of wild animal even drink out of it let alone enter the scumming water. I wouldn't advertise this place as great place to stay. Maybe management needs a good talking to on cleanliness.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Joan
I got this room for my mother and father and they were absolutely horrified by the room. There was black mold growing all over the bathroom, when asked if someone could come clean it, the woman just sprayed it down and left. My mother is blonde - there was clumps of black hair in the tub before they used the bathroom and again later when they had gotten back into the room the hair that was "removed" was still there. Management was extremely rude and the staff definitely did not listen to their managers. Needless to say we won't be returning to this particular hotel.
4 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"The room needs an upgrade, especially the bathroom"
The room had a musty smell and the bathroom was filthy, stuff growing all over the place, looking black in some spots, needs deeper cleaning. The beds were comfy and the bedding was clean. The staff was friendly.
3 night trip with friends Jul 29, 2015
Daylesther
"Nice overnight hotel"
I would not stay here a long time because there are small stains on the sheets and I found it a little gross but there was a nice pool and good food in the morning along with nice bathrooms and showers.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
brotworst
"grossed out stay at Days inn Onley."
Our over night stay at onley days inn was uncomfortable. Our room was filthy! Room 228. Stains on the carpets...foul odor in room..we had a bath mat that was an old towel cut in half and folded as it were to be a nice towel on our tub...only two towels in room,this hotel has an outside pool, no towels at the pool either...the bedding(comforter and blanket)were grossly stained. And the staff not friendly as to asked for more linens, front lobby was locked and clerk on the phone saw me but have no gesture at all to me as if she'd like to help me or even want too. Ice machine located conveniently next to the pool did not work...it's July..SUMMERTIME!
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
katey
"Simple Shore Resting"
This was a nice hotel. The price was fair compared to other hotels on the shore. The lobby was clean and front line staff was on point. The breakfast was in need of a little enhancement but at least there was something. My complaint would have been with housekeeping. Kinda stingy with the towels. They needed to collect and wash your towels before you could continue. The housekeeping really did not house keep, it was more of a restock. The children loved the pool area. Loved that in was nestled between two restaurants. Hopefully the housekeeping was a that weekend thing. Overall, a decent place to stay and would stay again.
3 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Anthony
"Convenient to Onley"
If you need to be in the heart of Onley, then stay here. If you don't mind a few miles, seek elsewhere. The unclean room leaves you feeling icky. There is no reason visible stains should be on the blanket. If I can see them, surely the staff making the bed can.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Alex 2015
"Hoped for more"
Our first time at a Days Inn. Not quite up to the standard we were hoping for. Very uncomfortable bed, strong unpleasant stale odor in the room. Very noisy around the room we were given, though it did quiet down by midnight
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"awesome!!"
Wonderful peaceful very clean relaxing and I will come again!
1 night trip Jul 3, 2015
"Untidy and Unkept"
I was not satisfied with the condition of the rooms. I felt that they were unclean and very disorganized. I did not want to place anything on anything. We met the cleaning lady outside at checkout and felt that she was doing the best she could with what she had to work with. I would not recommend anyone to stay here for the cost that it had. Burn holes in spreads from smokers. I also could not get a discount from my AARP card because I asked for a government rate which I did not see.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Deborah
"Alright but not good enough"
Room was clean but the bathroom had some mold. Swimming pool also did not look clean. Otherwise, Good breakfast in the morning. The Sage Diner nearby is pretty inexpensive for good food and service.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"coming back"
Robert was friendly and informative. He cooperated with us in deriving our return rate. Room quiet and comfortable, Good reading light!!! Breakfast minimal.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Decent stay."
Decent hotel fro driving through and staying the night. No smell in room. But there were some stains on the pillow and bed sheets. Corners of room could use a bit more cleaning. But breakfast was good and it's a quiet night sleep. McDonalds next to hotel if food doesn't suffice.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
"just OK"
It was OK the TV didn't work only got a couple of local stations then the coffee maker didn't work. And the pool looked dirty.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2015
bonnie
"Glad I didn't stay long"
The biggest problem was the mold in the bathroom. The floor of the pool was slimy as well.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"Customer service??????"
The room and hotel were clean and comfortable enough, no major concerns in that area. The service left A LOT to be desired. We registered for 3 adult guests and the room was stocked with 2 towels. Both days we asked for more towels and the response was "you come get them, I'm too busy to come to your room." The second day when they came in to clean the room and turn down the beds, they did none of that. The only thing that was accomplished was the replacing of our hand towels and removal (not replacement) of the three large towels. So now on the second night our beds were still a mess (not a huge deal) and they had taken three full length towels away and given us none in return. This forced us to call the desk and ask for towels, to which we got the "I am too busy to help you" response, come get your own towels. The staff here needs to be taught how to properly turn down rooms and vastly improve upon their almost non-existent customer service skills.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
zach
"great value for money"
Great value for money. Definitely recommend if for one or two nights stay for the beaches or islands nearby.I and my wife found this place very comfortable and exceeding our expectations
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"would stay again."
Perfect for one night, just passing through. Comfortable bed. Not too noisy. One bird chirped from 3:30 a.m. On but other than that it was a good night. Continental breakfast with make your own waffles were delicious. Hotel staff friendly. Gave us a room on first floor instead per my request but was unsure if it was cleaned. It was, but he really should have known.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"The moldy dusty adventure"
MOLD IN THE BATHROOM,A.C FILTER NASTY. TOILET TANK BLACK..WALLPAPER FALLING OFF. MOLD BEHIND ON WALL
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"horrible stay"
The room was dirty and no housekeeping service on first day.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Was ok for one night"
The staff was very nice, but tje bathroom was a little dirty
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
Jerry
"Comfortable place to crash and shower"
Did not plan to stay overnight, but car trouble in this rather remote region made us stay unexpectedly. The staff was friendly and willing to work, continental breakfast included waffle machine, pastries, hard boiled eggs, coffee, and instant juices, cereal... Room was ok, but bathroom had some mold/mildew on the ceiling and shower walls and bed was a bit squishy; but then the place was cheap and close to the car repairs so it worked out well enough. There is a buffet restaurant on one side and a McDonald's on the other for convenience. Very nice that the room had a fridge, table and two chairs. Made it possible to enjoy a take-out meal in the comfort/privacy of our room.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Close to Onancock"
Polite staff and OK breakfast for the price of the room.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"No wi-fi"
Had to go to the lobby to catch up with friends and let them know where we were.Chose this hotel because of the location, price and wi-fi!!!
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Barb
"No wi-fi"
We were disappointed that we could not get an internet connection in our room and had to go sit in the lobby.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Barb
I was a little nervous because of some of the reviews but the hotel was fine, it was neat and clean, The staff was very friendly, The continental breakfast had fresh waffles ( you make them yourself) and sausage gravy and biscuits which made both of us happy, Overall it was fine. Not noisy either, Centrally located. Mall across the road and a Chinese restaurant and McDonalds on either side,
4 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Todd & Shirley Corino
"Stay here."
Very nice will be returning.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Ashley
Staff was nice. Lobby was clean. Room sadly needs updating. The carpet was stained particularly around the beds. There were also stains behind the bed on the wallpaper. The lining of the shower was badly stained. The toilet appeared clean but was wobbly on it's stand. I don't feel it was a housekeeping problem so much as aged and stained everything.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
kay
"Housekeeping woes"
I stayed at the hotel 2 nights - Sat., 8/25 and Sun., 8/26. The only room that was available was a smoking room, so I was aware of this and knew what I was going to get. What I wasn't prepared for was upon opening the door the amount of smoke odor that came at us. I would have thought that when you clean the room you would spray air freshener or "odor eliminator" to lessen the smoke. The room was pretty outdated, but not unlivable. The reception on the TV was not good and two of the channels didn't work. I placed a "Do Not" Disturb" sign on the door and removed it around 9:30 - 10:00 am (Sun., 8/26). I left for the day at 1:00 pm and returned around 11:00 pm. I found that no one had come by to change the sheets nor clean the room, so my room was left as it was. This I found totally unacceptable. I went to the front desk and spoke with the Desk Clerk who responded by saying that housekeeping came by and saw the "Do Not Disturb" and that's why she didnt clean the room to which I responded "Why didn't she return and that I've stayed at many hotels/motels and they return during the course of the day and clean the room. She then responded that they were short handed. I said to her that really wasn't my issue. I asked to speak with the manager and she said he wasn't there until 10:00 am Monday morning but good luck because he avoids people. She did come and give us a set of towels. On Monday (day of my checkout), I again went to the front desk and the staff on duty.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Joyce
"don't stay here"
There were crumbs in the sheets. Made me doubt the sheets were changed so we couldn't sleep in the bed had to lay on the blanket with very little sleep. The lock on the front door was hanging off the wall/door and we were almost locked out. The shower head was disgusting-grime and stuff. We were told that the place was under new owner for at least 6 months. I would rather have a cheap clean shower head rather than the disgusting multi-level shower head. When we asked for an extra bath towel we were told housekeeping was closed and there are no extra towels. housekeeping closed?? this explains the crumbs in the bed sheets and the condition of the room. Was not worth over $100 a night..
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Maria
The rooms weren't very clean. the flies were annoying, couldn't seem to get rid of them. The bed had throw pillows on them instead of regular pillows. Used soaps and shampoos in the bathrooms. We got extra towels on our first night but couldn't get them on our second night. The continental breakfast wasn't much to talk about either. Won't be staying there again.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
tom
"OK for a one night stay.."
It was ok for a one night stay.. would not want to stay longer.. we were only going to be there for a short time..is very outdated.. but was clean and comfortable.. was right next door to McDonald's which was nice with kids.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"Little getaway"
This was nice for the price. And prefect location. Only bad thing I could say was no toilet paper in bathroom, had to go back to the front desk for toilet paper.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2014
Quite
"Close to shopping and food."
Although I rated OK the bathroom needed a major overhaul and the carpet was old and stained in spots. The breakfast was nice except for the morning that they ran out of some items. This is something that should be planned for ahead of time. The staff was vey helpful and friendly.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Jan & Ant
"Close to our activities"
Good for a one night stay when in the area.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014