All hotels in Onley, Virginia, United States of America
25297 Lankford Highway, Onley, VA, 23418, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.9
"Hoped for more"
Our first time at a Days Inn. Not quite up to the standard we were hoping for. Very uncomfortable bed, strong unpleasant stale odor in the room. Very noisy around the room we were given, though it did quiet down by midnight
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"awesome!!"
Wonderful peaceful very clean relaxing and I will come again!
1 night trip Jul 3, 2015
"Untidy and Unkept"
I was not satisfied with the condition of the rooms. I felt that they were unclean and very disorganized. I did not want to place anything on anything. We met the cleaning lady outside at checkout and felt that she was doing the best she could with what she had to work with. I would not recommend anyone to stay here for the cost that it had. Burn holes in spreads from smokers. I also could not get a discount from my AARP card because I asked for a government rate which I did not see.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Deborah
"Alright but not good enough"
Room was clean but the bathroom had some mold. Swimming pool also did not look clean. Otherwise, Good breakfast in the morning. The Sage Diner nearby is pretty inexpensive for good food and service.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"coming back"
Robert was friendly and informative. He cooperated with us in deriving our return rate. Room quiet and comfortable, Good reading light!!! Breakfast minimal.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Decent stay."
Decent hotel fro driving through and staying the night. No smell in room. But there were some stains on the pillow and bed sheets. Corners of room could use a bit more cleaning. But breakfast was good and it's a quiet night sleep. McDonalds next to hotel if food doesn't suffice.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
"just OK"
It was OK the TV didn't work only got a couple of local stations then the coffee maker didn't work. And the pool looked dirty.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2015
bonnie
"Customer service??????"
The room and hotel were clean and comfortable enough, no major concerns in that area. The service left A LOT to be desired. We registered for 3 adult guests and the room was stocked with 2 towels. Both days we asked for more towels and the response was "you come get them, I'm too busy to come to your room." The second day when they came in to clean the room and turn down the beds, they did none of that. The only thing that was accomplished was the replacing of our hand towels and removal (not replacement) of the three large towels. So now on the second night our beds were still a mess (not a huge deal) and they had taken three full length towels away and given us none in return. This forced us to call the desk and ask for towels, to which we got the "I am too busy to help you" response, come get your own towels. The staff here needs to be taught how to properly turn down rooms and vastly improve upon their almost non-existent customer service skills.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
zach
"great value for money"
Great value for money. Definitely recommend if for one or two nights stay for the beaches or islands nearby.I and my wife found this place very comfortable and exceeding our expectations
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"would stay again."
Perfect for one night, just passing through. Comfortable bed. Not too noisy. One bird chirped from 3:30 a.m. On but other than that it was a good night. Continental breakfast with make your own waffles were delicious. Hotel staff friendly. Gave us a room on first floor instead per my request but was unsure if it was cleaned. It was, but he really should have known.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"The moldy dusty adventure"
MOLD IN THE BATHROOM,A.C FILTER NASTY. TOILET TANK BLACK..WALLPAPER FALLING OFF. MOLD BEHIND ON WALL
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"horrible stay"
The room was dirty and no housekeeping service on first day.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Was ok for one night"
The staff was very nice, but tje bathroom was a little dirty
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
Jerry
"Comfortable place to crash and shower"
Did not plan to stay overnight, but car trouble in this rather remote region made us stay unexpectedly. The staff was friendly and willing to work, continental breakfast included waffle machine, pastries, hard boiled eggs, coffee, and instant juices, cereal... Room was ok, but bathroom had some mold/mildew on the ceiling and shower walls and bed was a bit squishy; but then the place was cheap and close to the car repairs so it worked out well enough. There is a buffet restaurant on one side and a McDonald's on the other for convenience. Very nice that the room had a fridge, table and two chairs. Made it possible to enjoy a take-out meal in the comfort/privacy of our room.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Close to Onancock"
Polite staff and OK breakfast for the price of the room.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"No wi-fi"
Had to go to the lobby to catch up with friends and let them know where we were.Chose this hotel because of the location, price and wi-fi!!!
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Barb
"No wi-fi"
We were disappointed that we could not get an internet connection in our room and had to go sit in the lobby.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Barb
I was a little nervous because of some of the reviews but the hotel was fine, it was neat and clean, The staff was very friendly, The continental breakfast had fresh waffles ( you make them yourself) and sausage gravy and biscuits which made both of us happy, Overall it was fine. Not noisy either, Centrally located. Mall across the road and a Chinese restaurant and McDonalds on either side,
4 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Todd & Shirley Corino
"Stay here."
Very nice will be returning.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Ashley
Staff was nice. Lobby was clean. Room sadly needs updating. The carpet was stained particularly around the beds. There were also stains behind the bed on the wallpaper. The lining of the shower was badly stained. The toilet appeared clean but was wobbly on it's stand. I don't feel it was a housekeeping problem so much as aged and stained everything.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
kay
"Housekeeping woes"
I stayed at the hotel 2 nights - Sat., 8/25 and Sun., 8/26. The only room that was available was a smoking room, so I was aware of this and knew what I was going to get. What I wasn't prepared for was upon opening the door the amount of smoke odor that came at us. I would have thought that when you clean the room you would spray air freshener or "odor eliminator" to lessen the smoke. The room was pretty outdated, but not unlivable. The reception on the TV was not good and two of the channels didn't work. I placed a "Do Not" Disturb" sign on the door and removed it around 9:30 - 10:00 am (Sun., 8/26). I left for the day at 1:00 pm and returned around 11:00 pm. I found that no one had come by to change the sheets nor clean the room, so my room was left as it was. This I found totally unacceptable. I went to the front desk and spoke with the Desk Clerk who responded by saying that housekeeping came by and saw the "Do Not Disturb" and that's why she didnt clean the room to which I responded "Why didn't she return and that I've stayed at many hotels/motels and they return during the course of the day and clean the room. She then responded that they were short handed. I said to her that really wasn't my issue. I asked to speak with the manager and she said he wasn't there until 10:00 am Monday morning but good luck because he avoids people. She did come and give us a set of towels. On Monday (day of my checkout), I again went to the front desk and the staff on duty.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Joyce
"don't stay here"
There were crumbs in the sheets. Made me doubt the sheets were changed so we couldn't sleep in the bed had to lay on the blanket with very little sleep. The lock on the front door was hanging off the wall/door and we were almost locked out. The shower head was disgusting-grime and stuff. We were told that the place was under new owner for at least 6 months. I would rather have a cheap clean shower head rather than the disgusting multi-level shower head. When we asked for an extra bath towel we were told housekeeping was closed and there are no extra towels. housekeeping closed?? this explains the crumbs in the bed sheets and the condition of the room. Was not worth over $100 a night..
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Maria
The rooms weren't very clean. the flies were annoying, couldn't seem to get rid of them. The bed had throw pillows on them instead of regular pillows. Used soaps and shampoos in the bathrooms. We got extra towels on our first night but couldn't get them on our second night. The continental breakfast wasn't much to talk about either. Won't be staying there again.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
tom
"OK for a one night stay.."
It was ok for a one night stay.. would not want to stay longer.. we were only going to be there for a short time..is very outdated.. but was clean and comfortable.. was right next door to McDonald's which was nice with kids.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"Little getaway"
This was nice for the price. And prefect location. Only bad thing I could say was no toilet paper in bathroom, had to go back to the front desk for toilet paper.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2014
Quite
"Close to shopping and food."
Although I rated OK the bathroom needed a major overhaul and the carpet was old and stained in spots. The breakfast was nice except for the morning that they ran out of some items. This is something that should be planned for ahead of time. The staff was vey helpful and friendly.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Jan & Ant
"Close to our activities"
Good for a one night stay when in the area.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"you get what you pay for"
I had difficulty finding the motel, because the sign doesn't say Days Inn. I'm still not sure if this is Days Inn, Comfort Inn, or Budget Inn, because various signs said all of the above. The room was dated and dingy, the carpet was soaked from the AC leaking. I got this room because it was the only room I could find less than $100 anywhere near Wallops Island. Next time I will go ahead and pay for a decent room. Glad it was just one night.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"Needs a lot of work"
Only stayed the night because we booked through hotels.com so had already paid for three rooms for the night. Of the four lights in our room only one worked, the bed spread had stains as did the pillow cases( I was glad we brought our own pillows. The dust ruffle was ripped and the phone and bathroom door dirty. The drain on the bathroom sink was broken and the sink would not empty. The pool was dirty with a film on the sides and bottom that made it uninviting and not useable.. The two other rooms my family used were just as bad. If this is Days Inn quality my family will never stay with them again. This was the first time we booked with Hotels.com and will probably not use them again because we judge their rationgs to br unreliable.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Won't stay again"
The service was good and the desk person pleasant. The room was dirty with mold in the bathroom. The carpet was so worn and dirty. There were stains on the bedspreads and blankets. One of the maids left a dirty cleaning rag on the refrigerator. The freezer had a baggie of ice someone left behind and obviously had not been cleaned or defrosted in some time. We actually covered the pillows with towels we had brought because the place was so dirty. But there really was no other place to stay or so we thought. We found out that about 20 minutes down the road there are much better places. I think we'll use them next time.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Triche
"Good and bad"
The hotel it seems is in transition from one to the next. The sign was taped over, didn't get that. My room and my daughters room needed repair overall. What I hatted the worst was the pool, It was green and there was a whole lot of black stuff at the bottom, so no pool for us. Will not be going back.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Gordo24
"Days Inn, Onley"
I'm not familiar with this location/area, but was presently surprised. My family went to Chincoteague for the weekend and this was the closest hotel with availability. The room was spacious and breakfast was sufficient. In fact, the freshly made waffles were a treat.
1 night business trip Jul 4, 2014
"Needed an extra night on the Eastern Shore"
The hotel was fine. It wasn't touted as a 5 star hotel and we knew that going in. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
GT
"never again"
I will say the staff were friendly. The room was really not that great. somewhat dirty in the hidden areas. Beds were okay and the bathroom was ran down. The worst part was the Air conditioning unit. Although it was cold it made a constant clanking noise all night long. I should have paid more and stayed somewhere else. Also there is a mcdonalds right next door that gets packed with teenagers and the cops ended up showing up. Just got a really bad vibe the whole time there.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Brandon
"Easy, clean room- would stay again"
This is a motel that is dated, but clean. Basic amenities, but fine! The staff is friendly, and there is a lovely continental breakfast. I would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"How about a real sign!"
This is the former Quality Inn property, which we've stayed at before, but didn't know it was now a Days Inn. Since we arrived late Friday evening, it was dark and they literally only had a fabric sign for Days Inn draped over the Quality Inn sign. Driving down Rt 13, we never saw that it was Days Inn now, went past, then came back to ask at Quality Inn, and it was the place. Other than that, staff was great, no problem with stay!
1 night family trip May 16, 2014
Had a wonderful stay while hitting some of the great things the Eastern Shore has to do.
2 night business trip May 23, 2014
Ann
"Well-run, convenient to charming town of Onancock"
Spent three days and found the hotel very clean and convenientt a top-notch Chinese buffet with sushi and hibachi and beer. The Thai restaurant across the highway is certainly a treat for lower Delmarva. The charming town of Onancock has culture! Farmer's and artists market Saturday's 8 AM to noon was a good and fun thing to do. Great antiques at Blue Crow in Keller, VA. Wi-Fi was spotty at peak usage periods.
3 night trip May 23, 2014
"ok needed to be in cape charles next day"
Furniture in room needs cleaning. Guests in rooms next to us quite loud and noisy until 11 pm. Next morning loud banging on doors next door.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Jim Halek
"okay for one overnight"
Okay for one overnight. Vintage old-school motel stuck in a time warp. Breakfast was very lame. You'd have better luck at the McDonald's next door.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Days inn Onley va"
Ironing board needed new cover. Looked like it had been burnt quite a few times. Coffee pot was not clean There were no tissues in holder. Tub had not been cleaned thoroughly v
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2014
Location was great for me. I was running the next morning in the Run For the Animals Half Marathon in Onancock, VA and the hotel was just minutes by car from the start line. Staff was very friendly. Best hotel ever? No but it certainly served the purpose of a clean comfortable place to sleep and prepare for my race the next morning. McDonalds was right next door for non-hotel coffee in the morning.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Crystal
"Adequate"
Great for quick stay
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
Cruz
Booked my reservation on line at least 2 weeks prior to leaving...Hotel room was not to our liking...Beds not made, room full of smoke, was told room was "out of order" was put in "suite" the bathroom smelled "sweaty" and there were flies constantly in our room...Bed was "very hard" unable to sleep on. Was planning on staying 4 nights, but could only stand 2..
4 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
"Great for a one night hotel"
We only needed a place to sleep after a wedding, so we arrived late and left early. The staff was great, available 24/7. The breakfast was average, bagels, muffins, toast, waffles, cereal... The usual. Checking in and out was simple. The room was clean. The shower was small but overall it was great for what we were looking for.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
Mae
"Motel ..not hotel"
Motel ..not hotel. Tough with kids.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
sk
"What to clean, the shower mold or my body?"
Loved the location. The feel of the room was yuck when I checked in but it was late and choices apparently are limited. The next day, after a long day, my room was dark, the bed unmade, the ironing board where I left it (blocking the bathroom) and the old shampoo bottle still in the tub. I did get fresh towels and shampoo and a conditioner (two lotions first night). I called and asked it was a full service hotel? They said if something was on the bed they wouldn't make it. Hum, I had my personal pillow case on a pillow, but come on....I put this place between yuck and do I have too? I spent my free time at McDonalds using the free wifi and happily paying for breakfast. My office partner was put in a smoking room and that was worse yet......bad, bad, bad.
2 night business trip Jun 26, 2013
I came from Colorado for this?
"Great front Desk Service Generates High Score!"
Room was fine, surprised to see refrigerator, and coffee maker, but bed sheet and floor needed some attention. "Continental breakfast" was more that what we expected, including fresh do it yourself waffles! The difference maker was excellent front desk staffing. Rules do not allow me to mention the young man by name, but his work to get us a room, even though we were several hours early, made the difference for our stay and our family event! He simple exuded polite professionalism.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
Parkers
"Fine for an overnight stop"
This hotel was a good fine for an overnight stop. It is an older property, but maintained adequately.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"Outstanding quality and value"
Well maintained and beautifly clean, simple free breakfast, outstanding value
1 night business trip May 31, 2013