All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
33 W 55th St, New York, NY, 10019, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

This hotel is in the perfect location. 1/2 block to the F train and a few blocks from several more. Walking distance (close) to shopping and the park. The rooms are small but comfortable. A great deal for the rate we got.
Response by The Shoreham Hotel
Dear Traveller, Thank you for choosing the Shoreham Hotel and leaving a review following your stay. I am pleased you loved our location, the close tourist attractions and transportation makes our hotel a true hidden gem. We would like to have you back again the next time you visit New York City. Regards, Lisa Grossberg
4 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2015
"I'd stay again."
The Hotel was perfect for the stay we had. My daughter and I felt safe and the room and hotel was clean. The rooms are a tad small and I wish there were a table or somewhere to sit other than on the bed. But the price was in our budget, and location was excellent for walking to all the fun stuff Midtown has to offer.
Response by The Shoreham Hotel
Dear Jennifer, Thank you for sparing a review on the Shoreham Hotel. I am very happy to learn that you loved the location and that the hotel was clean. I am also very happy to learn that you felt safe. I look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in New York City. Regards, Lisa Grossberg General Manager
3 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
"Simple but nice."
Perfect location in NYC. The room was very comfortable, not too small. Good bed. Quiet. Simple but nice bathroom. The hallways could use some improvement but that's not so important to me. I wish there was coffee in the room but there is free coffee from a machine in the lobby (so-so coffee). Never fear...Starbucks in near!
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
KAREN
"New york"
Could not accommodate the spa service this was the reason why I booked. False advertising about spa service ruined my stay. And our showers had mold everywhere.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Our stay at the Shoreham"
The hotel was in a perfect location to go to MoMa. The room was very compact, OK it was small. The desk made a restaurant recommendation that turned out to only be fair.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Sure about Shoreham"
Don't let the small rooms turn you away from staying at the Shoreham. The rooms are modern and are thoughtfully designed to provide maximum comfort and convenience for their guests in this excellent mid town location. An excellent value at a moderate price
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Cecilia
"Great mid-town value"
What a perfect little hotel at an amazing price in a fabulous location! I was worried that there would be issues with the hotel since I got such a great deal. But everything about the Shoreham was perfect: chic rooms in the best possible mid-town location. The room, though small (perhaps snug is the word), was fresh, clean, and comfortable. There was a shower (no tub) and the facilities were very new and modern. I will definitely return to this hotel.
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
Deborah
"M.L. King weekend stay"
The hotel location is convenient and within walking distance of the 5th Ave., Times Square, MoMa, and even the Empire State Building. But the room amenities are bare-bones -- no coffeemakers in the rooms. Free coffee/tea is apparently available only from 6 am until 11 am in an exceedingly small room downstairs, but whenever I walked by, there was a line, and it was easier to get hot beverages outside at Dunkin Donuts. When I asked for a cup of hot tea on the evening of my arrival, it was half an hour for the staff to bring it to my room, and I was charged $15. Wi-fi in the rooms only for $15/day. Kids shows on TV for $3 for 30-minute shows. I will not be staying there again.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Irina
"Nice property, close to Times Square"
Nice and quiet for an overnight stay, shuttle service was perfect for this property.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Clean and functional"
This hotel in a perfect location for sightseeing nyc. No complaints about room or staff. Elevator a shoebox thats only negative
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Shoreham for sure!"
Great value and location. It's stylish and neat; staff friendly. Room small, but I expected that, having stayed at the Shoreham before. Would definitely stay again when I'm in midtown, solo, and on foot!
1 night trip Jan 10, 2015
"Best 6 hours spent in a hotel"
I stayed over night to catch a plane to JFK the following morning. The room was small but big enough considering other hotels I've stayed at in the City. The price was reasonable and the staff very attentative. The lobby bar was also nice so were the bartenders. The location was great. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2015
Ismael
"Great hotel close to 5th ave"
Our room was great. It was on the 10th floor, of course no view it is NY. The hotel is within walking distance to Central Park and Time Square. We loved it and we would go back to it again if we visit NY again.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"great location"
poor service - no follow through when request was made
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
jeff
"NYC"
Nit the cleanest and nicest place to stay but friendly staff and great location to central park, r plaza and times square
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
clean, convenient and comfortable, which is all I ask when in town for work!
1 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
"Great location, did the job well"
This hotel was perfect for a getaway for my best friend and me. Its location is great for heading into Central Park, walking down 5th Avenue, or getting to Times Square or Rockefeller Center. It's a couple of blocks from several subway stations. The room was QUIET; probably the quietest NYC hotel room I've stayed in. Very little street noise and the room was well insulated. The room was tiny and didn't have a view but we didn't care. The service was great. If you're a tourist who cares more about location than you do about the room and amenities this is a good choice.
4 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
Valerie
"Good people, Ok room"
The room had some plumbing issues which caused rattling pipes which was disappointing. Other than that great location and staff.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"good location, OK room"
good location, OK room, not bad for the price. would rather pay a little bit more and stay somewhere else.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Nice location"
The Shoreham is 1 blk from shopping on 5th Ave. and walking distance to Times Square, Rockafeller Center , Broadway Theaters and other attractions.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Taylor
"Great location, sufficient everything"
The best thing of this hotel is its location. It is slightly off the 5th Ave., all midtown attractions are in walk distance. The hotel itself is sufficient in every sense. Room is clean and quiet, bed is very comfortable. The complementary morning coffee station is very nice. Given all, the price the hotel offered is very good.
1 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
"Excellent location..."
It was a very good choice for a Manhattan-based location. Extremely near to MoMa and the 57th Subway station.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Idro
"Fairly good hotel, fabulous neighborhood"
I guess this falls under the "get what you pay for" heading - I was trying to save a few bucks on this trip. The Shoreham is perfectly fine, room was clean and the location is great, but the room temp was too warm even though it was winter (albeit a weekend in the 50's). We had the air conditioner on high and I still slept with no covers all night. The buffet breakfast was excellent and reasonable compared with some of the ludicrous prices you fine elsewhere in NYC. Valet parking was fine as well. Staff is lean but cordial and effective. I would rate the Shoreham a good budget minded hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
The room A/C was not working. The front desk suggested to open the window instead of fixing the A/C The ventilation fan for bathroom was not working
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Comfortable stay."
Enjoyed our stay. Large room, friendly staff, sCmallest bathroom and elevator ever.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Geraldine
"Noisy Neighbors!!"
There was some noisy patrons on our floor. Banging the doors and loud talking late at night and again early in the early morning. I did enjoy the decor if the room, nice and comfortable.
3 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Carolyn
"Very good"
Very pleasant stay.
4 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
Monica
Clean room, friendly staff but the view from our 10th floor room was not appealing
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
mrray
"Shoreham is a great place to stay"
This is a fabulous NYC hotel. The room was great. Reasonable valet parking next door was a great bonus. The location was perfect for Broadway, Times Square,Radio City Music Hall, and all the shopping of 5th and 6th Ave. Close to the subway also. The bar was a very nice place to go in the evening. Try the Cucumber martini or Peach martini for unique good drinks. If I go back to Manhattan soon this hotel is #1 on my list.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Nice hotel. Great location just off Fifth Avenue."
Great location. Very accommodating staff. Spacious room (queen bed & large TV in BR, separate area with pull-out sofa bed - twin size - another large TV). Awesome massage recliner (the words of my 10 & 12-year-old son and daughter)), nice bathroom with bathtub/shower combo and a separate shower with a multitude of jets. My son slept on the pull-out sofa and said it was very uncomfortable and he didn't sleep much. The hallway had a strange odor, but the room was fine. We were on the 9th floor & our view wasn't pretty, but we didn't really care. We walked everywhere from the Shoreham and will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Cathy
The hotel was clean and conveniently located. However, I was expecting a little more for the price we paid. There was no hot water and the sink leaked. We reported it, but they did not fix it properly. The room was small and the bed sagged. The coffee pot in the common area did not work. There was a dunkin donut a couple doors away
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Nice staff, nice location, but NOISY"
The staff were very pleasant and the location is perfect for visiting the touristy areas of New York City. The hotel condition is moderate and could definitely be touched-up in some areas. We had a room in the front of the building and we could not only hear everything going on in the street the entire evening, but we could smell the smoke from any smokers in the front of the hotel. The noise from the hallway was also loud. Some guests kept going between rooms and you could clearly hear them and the doors opening and closing. Next time, I'll pay more money for a better nights rest.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Traveler
"Small rooms but clean - good location"
I enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is small but clean with reasonably friendly staff. Good location, very close to rockefeller center which is perfect for the time of year.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Loose fittings, dirty towels, staff using explicit language in reception area and you have to pay to use wi-fi. Room was small and compact. You're pretty much paying for the location here.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Absolutely wonderful."
Great location! Great service! Great checkin! Great checkout!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
abby
"Bacic room"
Basic room, a small clean space. Great location. Staff was very friendly
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Not sound proof."
We were staying on the 6th floor in a suite and the room directly across from us (3 feet away) had a baby that cried all not long and we could hear everything. Be prepared if you are a light sleeper. Other than that we had a pleasant stay. The location is incredible and we were able to walk to 5th Ave, time square, rockefeller plaza, grand central, central park and the subway station.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Charlie
"Great location!"
2 blocks from the subway. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff at the front desk. Close to Rockefeller Center and the theatre district. Free coffee in the lobby every morning. Would highly recommend this hotel!!
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
It was close to every thing. Nice staff but very noise at night.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Efrain
"Good hotel for the money, clean, efficient."
Room was good, lobby leaves a lot to be desired. Staff was attentive, but not very knowledge able about amenities in area.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"What is the housekeeping staff up to?"
The ladies behind the front desk were extremely helpful and pleasant. They tried to give us the best room available and they succeeded. Our room was spacious and quiet. While we were checking in, a guest called up requesting 6 hangers, a request that seemed odd to me, at the time. The front desk right away called housekeeping and passed the word. When we got to our room, I was amazed that even though it had two spacious queen size beds, it only had two hangers in the closet. I could not believe it. Is someone in housekeeping having the clothes hangers for breakfast? Or is someone sabotaging the hotel's image?
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Jorge
"Modern refurbished"
nice room, decent size of Manhattan hotel, warm and clean. However, it doesn't have toothbrush after I required. Other than that all good. Parking is $53 after tax.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
JC
"New York for Macys parade. Close to event"
Staff was excellent, courteous, helpful. Bed was clean and comfortable. I felt like bathroom could have been cleaner. No bathtub and an airplane style sink lol. Bathroom very small. Room small but comfy. Room did have a 'smell' at first but I guess I got used to it after a few hours. Cosmetic repairs needed and carpers at least cleaned. Got what I paid for during holiday season (Thanksgiving and Macys parade) was close to where I needed to be. Would recommend to a friend for the value. Bar area very nice and romantic but was disappointed in my $3.25 coke from bar. With the ice in the cup I might have had 4?ounces of coke in my glass.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
jamie
"Great, affordable Mid-town location."
Comfortable, stylish and affordable. I would recommend a stay at the Shoreham Hotel.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Celia
"service"
Hotel didn't have water for guests in the morning so I had to leave and go to a store
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Nice time"
Staff was very friendly. Rooms are small  but most rooms in NYC are. Pull out couch was alright. Overall great time.
1 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2014
Jeffrey
"Centrally located, handsome, value boutique hotel"
Overall, happy with our stay, but there were quirks. First the good: Centrally located and great value for NYC. Our 1 bedroom suite was spacious, well-appointed and clean. Hot shower w/ great water pressure. Staff was very friendly. Downstairs bar/lounge/restaurant was convenient. I enjoyed the free coffee/espresso machine in the lobby. Now the not-so-good: I booked through Expedia and the front desk couldn't seem to find those reservations, causing some anxiety. There's no ice machine, so room service delivers it, which took no less than 45 minutes each time. Surprisingly room service food usually arrived in half that time. ? Bed was comfy, though the headboard was this inset design which did not allow one to sit/lean up against it (my head didn't fit in the inset). Either had to slouch under it or sit forward and not lean against headboard at all. Mini-bar fridge did not cool anything (rm 502). Street noise was really loud - even for NYC. One night, garbage trucks did their pickups from about 11p-1am. ??? They were loud enough alone, but b/c they were blocking the entire street below, the row of cars behind them would honk incessantly. This woke me up several times.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Shoreham Shines!"
It was a wonderful hospitality experience. I have stayed there before and is my property of choice. Personal service excellent location. Amenities adequate. Staff wonderful!
2 night trip Nov 14, 2014
Donald
All in all a good experience. Room is more for a business traveler although couples would love the location. Couples would not like, however, the room size, which is small even for the single or solo visitor. Need to "lighten up" rooms a bit as dark green carpet and dark walls make for a "drab" room. Bar was good and attracted quite a bit of activity - workout facilities are small and 1 of 2 treadmills was out of service during my visit. Facility had free weights and stair masters (2)
MJ
"Comfy hotel near Central Park & Theatres"
Friendly receptionist welcome. Checked in a bit early. Nice comfortable room, on the small side. Breakfast (about $20). Nice staff.
Ken