All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America

"Close to Newport"
It's odd that the hotel is located right across the street from a residential neighborhood but the hotel itself is clean, staff was nice and very helpful with directions
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
chris
"Thin walls"
We were in the area for a wedding and the location was convenient to Bristol where the wedding was held. The main problem we had with the hotel was the super thin wall between the rooms. Patrons in the room next to us came in at 2 am and we could hear them talking until after 3 am. I had trouble falling back to sleep and we had to be up early, so it was the worst night of sleep before the big event when you want to feel your best. For $300/night we expected a good night of sleep.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
I will definitely stay here again when visiting newport.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Sue Preston
We stayed for two nights and the ammenities were as stated on the website. Indoor pool and jaccuzi where clean and working fine. The bistro in the lobby had really good breakfast items especially their home made french toast. I would definately stay at this hotel or another Marriett should we stay in a different town
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Nice hotel- stayed overnight for a 10mile race"
Stayed overnight fir a race the next day in Newport. We booked last minute. Reasonable cost for last minute reservation. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Smoking rooms were on separate floor. Loved and appreciated the indoor pool and hot tub especially after running 10 miles. Got late check out. Starbucks in hotel too. All newly decorated. Would recommend this hotel. Only 5miles from the main center of Newport. Newport creamery not far either.
Other trip May 3, 2014
stacy
"TOW DAY GETAWAY"
VERY CLEAN EVERY THING WAS LIKE NEW POOL LOOKED NICE BUT WE DID NOT USE IT, CHECK IN CLERK WAS VERY HELPFUL AND NICE.I DID NOT LIKE THE BREAKFAST EAT SOME WHERE ELSE THE NET DAY. NICE PLACE I WOULD STAY AGAIN.
Other trip May 1, 2014
JACK
"Clean & Friendly"
The hotel was very clean and staff was superb. Beds were very comfortable. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Lou Bickel
"Well designed hotel"
Good hotel - pleasant, helpful staff. Restaurant very basic but served the purpose. Well mananged by Mrs Cruikshank....a fellow Scot.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Nigel
The hotel was kept very well, close to many amenities. The room was very clean however it didn't have a mini frig or a microwave, that is the only drawback of the room.
2 night romance trip Apr 18, 2014
"sales trip"
Have to say the staff was extremely friendly, took there time with me making sure I knew everything offered to me. From J.J. booking me in to the cleaning staff. Very clean and comfortable room, bathroom spotless and the little fridge came in handy to have milk for the coffee in the morning (free coffee) Stay there on the way back. P.S. plenty of good eating places within blocks
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Mr. Z
Experience overall good. Just stayed one night. Front desk was pleasant. Room was clean, although I wasn't too impressed with the bathtub. As I was showering I noticed that the floor of the tub was a bit sticky. So I think they need to do a little better job scrubbing the tub .
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Close to must-see sights, but some negatives..."
The hotel itself was very close to the main attractions of Newport. The stay was ruined by rude staff at the food bar and lack of running water on the morning we were to check out. Management was nice enough to comp us for drinks at the front, but the stay could have been much better.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Dear Valued Guest, I would like tto thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Middletown Courtyard Marriott. I would like to apologize to you if our staff was not friendly and welcoming to you - we pride ourselves on providing excellent guest service. I am also sorry that we had a problem with our hot water heater while you were with us. I do hope if your travels bring you back to the Newport area you will give us the opportunity to show you guest satisfaction is our number one priority. Thank you
2 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2014
"Outstanding value"
Was very pleased staff was super friendly and helpful will def return next time I visit area
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Dear Dr Russ Thank you for the nice comments on out friendly and helpful staff - I am glad they were able to help you while you were in Newport . We look forward to your return to stay with us at the Newport Courtyard Marriott. ~ Patti OBrien General Manager
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Dr Russ
"Clean and easy accessible hotel"
My husband and I stayed overnight in this hotel. We took a short drive from Boston to celebrate our 1st anniversary in Newport, RI. The hotel staff are very welcoming. The lobby looks pretty neat and modern. Our room had everything we needed and it was very clean. Our stay at this hotel was awesome.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Dear Claudia, Thank you for your nice comments about your stay with us at the Newport Middletown Courtyard Marriott. I was thrilled to hear that our staff took such great care of you during your Anniversary visit to the Newport area . We hope you come back and celebrate each year with us. Thank you ! Patti O'Brien General Manager
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Claudia
"Short but sweet"
Check in/out process was so easy. I was done in 3 minutes, both times. The lobby looked so modern and cozy. After I checked in, I asked the front desk where we can go for good local food and she readily handed me a list of restaurants in both towns. Good service!
1 night family trip Mar 22, 2014
Yeng
"Great Hotel & Workers!"
We were spending the night in Newport, and the staff were phenomenal. Not only did they call us a cab while we got ready, but when we were looking to get back to the hotel, provided us with two numbers that got us to back in five minutes when we'd been trying for hours using other numbers provided by a hotel our friends were staying at. The hotel itself was beautiful and the room was nicely set up. The only complaint we have is that our room had a strange smell to it that we couldn't explain but was easily masked by a few spritzes of my boyfriend's cologne.We would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Andressa
"Newport Trip"
Nice little hotel,fair price, polite staff. I would stay again if I return to Newport.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2014
"Hospitality plus!"
We had an exceptional stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. We were visiting Newport for St. Patrick's Day weekend with some friends. The hotel was very convenient to all the activities, was very clean and comfortable. The staff was outstanding .... sincerely friendly and accommodating! Several people went out of their way to make our visit pleasant. A huge shout out to John who very kindly loaned me a bag chair to take to the parade after my husband requested a chair due to a bad knee. I don't usually find this kind of courtesy and friendliness in US hotels ..... it reminded me of being at a resort hotel. Kudos to all and we will be back!!!
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
The Rabbitt's
The room was clean. I did not interact much with staff, but the staff I dealt with was very nice. I have no complaints. The room was comfortable, no noise. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Pool was cold! Not good! Main reason for staying their with my kids. Very disappoineted
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for staying with us last weekend. I am glad you selected our Hotel when visiting the Newport area. I am sorry that our pool heater was not working and that your children were disappointed. The pool is up and running again so please know that the next time you visit they will have a great time enjoying our beautiful pool. We look forward to taking good care of you and your family the next visit ! All the best, Patti O'Brien
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Dana currier
"Convenient motel"
We chose this hotel because it advertised an indoor pool, but unfortunately the pool was not available during our stay because there was no heat. We were offered the use of the pool at the downtown Newport Marriott, which ended up being very crowded and an inconvenience to get to. It really was not the Courtyard's fault, but I think we should have been compensated some way - maybe free breakfast or a discount. Otherwise, the staff is very nice.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
Fellow traveler
"Fabulous hotel!"
The lobby was beautiful. The room was great! The hotel overall was very clean. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The staff was very attentive. I would recommend staying here to friends and family.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Katrina
"Getaway"
Booked this hotel for the resturant inside. Found the prices to be a bit high, but that gave us motivation to explore nearby places. Rooms were comfy and clean.
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2014
Sam
"Very Good Experience"
My family came up to visit my son who is at the USNAPS and the hotel had all the amenities we needed plus allowed us a late check out to accommodate plans with our son. Great breakfast and loved the Starbucks coffee.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"weekend with the girls"
Loved our stay at the Marriot. Room was spotless & beds were very comfortable. Nice, sunny room. We had breakfast there & it was excellent! The staff was very accommodating with any questions we had or anything we needed. I would definitely go here again.
2 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Clara Nussbaum
"Conveniently located to Newport T"
We had a great stay and enjoyed the location.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
pam
"Near Newport without Newport price!"
The hotel was located convenient to everything: restaurants, theater, downtown Newport.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Pam
"Surprisingly great"
I really liked the lounge! Wished it was open in the middle of the day when I arrived...But still impressed.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
We just totally loved our experience at this hotel. Everyone went out of their way to make us enjoy our stay! I give it heads up, a 10+.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Not what we expected"
The hotel advertised QUEEN size beds when in fact they are full size. This was disappointing for when we travel we want the larger bed to sleep comfortably.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
JK
"Excellent hotel with great amenities"
It was a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. The hotel facilities and staff were excellent. Hotel is conveniently located with many restaurants around.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"The bed that goes SQUEAK...."
Everything was fine except for that squeak bed and lack of additional blankets. When I'm in the area again, I will likely choose another hotel. A review of the sample squeak can be found on YouTube. Search "A particularly squeaky stay" with quotes. I was exhausted when I checked in and was leaving early or I would have requested another room.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Just what we needed, new and clean."
Brands new, Starbucks and clean. Great alternative to downtown.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Great staff"
Stayed for a wedding everything was great
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
eric
"Average"
Okay room but pretty expensive for what you get.
1 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2013
"Excellent commute to Newport"
The service was exceptional and the room was very, very nice. I was quite pleased with accommodations for such a short notice. Every person who hosted the desk was personable and took a genuine interest in the customer. This is certainly a place that I would recommend to others. I too will consider lodging here the next time I am in the area.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Very helpful and friendly desk staff Rooms well maintained excellent business facility Drive to Nearest restaurants was a drawback
3 night trip Sep 24, 2013
Not as clean as I would have liked. Very basic if thats what you are looking for. Room smelled very musty.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
tracey
"Nice hotel close to everything."
My family and I just stayed for overnight. I love the hotel, but its not really good for families with babies because first of all theres no mini refregerator where you can store babies milk or food, no microwave and no menu of food inside room for room service. Overall though, its a nice hotel.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Cathy
"Absolutely loved it!"
The rooms were gorgeous and very comfortable. The pool and Jacuzzi were extremely clean and inviting. The staff was wonderful and very gracious and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and cant wait to stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2013
very pleased
"Jusy OK- nothing to rave about"
the hotel was fine. the rooms were clean and comfortable. the pool was a disappointment. it was FREEZING and the hot tub/ spa was just barely luke warm. asked several times for the temp to be turned up but it never was. the hot tub was also pretty dirty. the pools location off the lobby was kind of awkward as you had to walk thru it while people were eating breakfast to get to it.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2013
"Nice hotel. Good rates."
Friendly staff. Upon arrival, hostess was there to greet us and register without a hassle.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
Marcie
"near Newport"
Hotel very good overall but a/c needs updating and better if breakfast included.......
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"Nice Hotel, convenient to downtown Newport"
Price a little high ($199/night) for a Courtyard Marriott, but prices of decent hotels around Newport were higher. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, temperature of room easily adjustable. Vanity was tiny if you like a lot of counter space around your bathroom sink. Tub was a little on the old side but shower head provided good volume and even water pressure. Room was spacious w/2 queen beds and a work desk. Pool looked like a good size (indoor/outdoor) - didn't go in it. Fitness room small but adequate treadmills and dumbbell weights. Drive to downtown Newport around 15-20 min. with light traffic on main road. Would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"affordable and yet close to the beach"
staff was super helpful and friendly--this is the place to stay when visiting newport.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
"very messy near the pool"
bad experience with pool area, food left on tables all day, food rappers cigarette butts and food under the tables, looked like it had not been cleaned for a very long time. the staff was very helpful but we would not come back to this hotel. We stay at Marriott hotels all the time and this was the worst one.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
connie
Person working at the Starbucks bistro didn't know what she was doing.....
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2013
kim
"Great value of money"
The room was clean, comfortable and good size, service was excellent and the pool area something you don´t always find at hotels in this prize category. Supermarkets and restaurants close by and very easy to drive to Newport for more exclusive dining and shopping. Stayed for two nights on the way from Boston to NYC. Great value of money!
2 night trip Jun 25, 2013
L Halla
"Excellent Staff"
The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful! They made our stay more than just a hotel stay, it felt like visting friends!
2 night trip Apr 22, 2013
Christine R.
"Ok stay"
The hotel room was clean, but the overall upkeep of the hotel was disappointing. The halls were dark, and staying on the first floor was not ideal.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013