All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America

Quite clean
    Great pool
  • Wellness
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
"Great hotel near the beach and restaurants"
Great shower, wonderful pool and spa - which was an unexpected bonus. Wish the breakfast area has opened at 6, since we were running the Newport marathon and couldn't wait dor 7 am opening. Location was perfect - for the beach, restaurants, and shuttle bus to the starting line of the marathon!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Katie
"Very Disappointing for the price"
The location was the reason we chose the hotel however the room had a disturbing odor when I asked for another room the staff was more than willing to provide an new room, but it still had the same disturbing odor. We stayed two nights and suffered through because we had a problem with our flight and had to drive from Newark NJ up and were simply exhausted and didn't want to try to get another room since we had several appointments times we had to keep while in the Newport RI location.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Sherry
"Overall good Hotel"
The hotel was pretty good...friendly staff. My only suggestion to cleaning staff is to please check coffee cups, found dirty cups in our room.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Dear Rose, Thank you for your kind comments about the Hotel - I am glad you found the staff Friendly ! I will review your comments about the cleanliness of the coffee cups with the Housekeeping staff to make sure they pay closer attention to details when cleaning rooms and always replace dirty cups with clean. I hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Newport area ! Thank you !
3 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2014
Rose
My room was clean and service was good. Front desk was very courteous and accommodating.
3 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Patty
"Great hotel, a few miles from Newport harbor"
A great hotel--comfortable, clean, appears to be recently renovated. Had lots of amenities--indoor and outdoor pools, arcade room, bistro open breakfast till 10pm, almost a full starbucks drink menu. Even had a really good cup of morning coffee. It's basically a good deal only a couple of miles from the harbor. Of course if it was on the harbor it would be another $100+/night. Very pleased.
3 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Gary D.
My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in August. The room had everything we were expecting and was great for a two night stay, 10 minutes from downtown Newport. It did smell a little moldy, but overall met our expectations.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Modern option, convenient indoor/outdoor pool"
The hotel is 10 min from downtown Newport and its beaches, so location is very convenient, despite not being steps from the beach. The front desk personnel is outstanding, always in a good mood and ready to help. The "bistro" style of the restaurant fits very well with our modern lifestyles. Rather than getting a generic buffet for breakfast, the café-style worked best for us - specially when by paying $10 you get $20 dollar credit, it becomes a very economically efficient option, with a menu for all tastes. We liked the idea of menu ordering from a café board. Also, the café personnel was excellent. The combined indoor/outdoor pool is ideal for all weather. Kids find it fun to shift between both areas. The gym is a bit small and enclosed, but the equipment is high quality. Gyms need to get better... although we recommend driving and parking on Memorial Dr and run around the mansions and along the coastline... unbeatable. The room was generally clean; it appears the hotel was remodeled not long ago. However, the cleaning staff was not impeccable on cleaning... a gum wrap here, a little piece of chocolate there, they left two cereal trays behind when our room was cleaned one day... it seemed the particular staff assigned to our room might have been a bit sloppy in attention to detail, rather than overall cleaning. Towel policy regarding reusability would work... if they ever dried out in the room...
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Rodrigo
"Nice Location"
This hotel had the most comfortable beds of any hotel we have ever stayed. The room was clean and quiet. The staff was very professional.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Phil
"Not worth sleeping here"
The preview of the room and what we actually slept in was very deceiving. For the amount paid we expected a larger room and complimentary breakfast as well. We won't be going back to this hotel again.
3 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Clean~close to Newport. TV below par
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Scottie
"Great but though a bit pricey being outside Newpor"
Pool and Hot tub very nice but exercise room a little small for this size hotel. Had to wait to use equipment so get there very early or very late in the day.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Nice & Easy"
Nice motel, close to Newport, pool for the kids, easy to get to, reasonable price.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
very clean and modern hotel. i was very impressed and satisfied.the front desk staff was very professional and friendly. i would certainly return
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
j.p.
"Excellent service and staff"
Very nice room, clean and comfortable which is what I expected. But didn't expect such wonderful accommodating staff.they helped me take my kayak and bike off my car and stored it in a room for security. And helped me put itmback on the next morning. Very very nice.kudos to Denise and Asia and the gentleman from the hotel who helped. Very pleasant stay!
1 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2014
Bon
"Acceptable Accomadations"
We called the hotel upon returning home from our stay. We called the same evening as we checked out that morning. We are missing a pair of prescription glasses. We asked if they were found in our room. The woman that answered the phone told me she would have someone call me back either way. That never happened!
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
Colleen D.
"A good hotel all together"
A good hotel but relatively far away from Newport.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Dear Maza Thank you for your nice comments about liking our Hotel and staff. We are just 3 miles from Downtown Newport, but if you were in town this past weekend it may have seemed a longer distance in the traffic. I do hope you will stay with again if your travels bring you back this way. Patti
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
maza
"affordable spot for Newport"
The hotel was clean and the staff was personable. The pool was small but outdoor and indoor. Decent whirlpool. The gym had new equipment. The location is close to main road and many fast food restaurants about 10 minutes from downtown Newport.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Very helpful and clean"
They people at the desk were very nice the rooms and pool were clean would stay here again
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Too much for too little"
I paid around $400 for a Saturday night, king size non smoking room at this hotel. I have paid approximately half that amount for much nicer hotels in Phila, NY, and Chicago. The room was "lower tier" and the location is awful, still about a 20 minute drive to downtown newport and nothing but strip malls nearby. They definitely overcharge, they probably overcharged me because I booked late. I will not be staying here again. Could probably find a better B and B or comparable hotel at a much cheaper rate
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Newport Middletown Courtyard Hotel. I was sorry to hear that you were not happy with the Hotel - we are just 3 miles from Downtown Newport. Room rates in this market do trend higher in July and August - If your travels bring you back to the area in the off season please give us another try you will be happy with the value we offer.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Amazing staff very helpful, room nice and clean."
My experience was really good. The room was clean. The recommendation about sight seeing in Newport from the front desk were awesome.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Maria Carolina
Booked this for my boyfriend for work - he said this place was great and clean!
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Kate
"Close to Newport!!!"
This hotel was like 3 miles from Newport! It was nice and clean. The little food area with bar needs more staffing!
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Trudi
"Nice, but..."
The hotel was nice. The problem we had was the door to our room didn't seal out the noise in the hall. Usually in a hotel you hear the voices walking by kinda muffled, but in this hotel I kept waking up in the middle of the night thinking people were in my room.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Newport Middletown Courtyard Marriott. I am glad the you thought the Hotel was nice. I also thank you for your comments regarding the noise in your room from the hall - we will look into this and add seals to the doors as needed. Iappreciate the feedback ! I hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the area.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"15 minutes from downtown Newport."
Everything was just OK, not bad, but no wow that was nice.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Dear JB, Thank you for staying with us at the Newport Middletown Courtyard Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the fact we are only 15 minutes away from Downtown Newport. I was sorry to see that you thought the Hotel was just OK - I believe we have a great staff and a lovely property. Please stay with us again on your next visit and we will WOW you with our new state of the art lobby, Bistro,featuring Starbucks Coffee 24/7 and our indoor /outdoor swimming pool. ~ Patti
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
JB
"Pretty great"
Very close to Newport and easy to get everywhere from hotel location. Room was very clean and made consistently with the exception of the first day. Pool was smaller than expected. Overall nice stay !
3 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
Britt
"Good quality and convenience"
Overall I enjoyed my stay. I arrived early on the day of check-in and they accommodated me with a room at 10 am. The only problem was that when I got to the room, it wasn't ready. There were no sheets on the bed, the iron was still out from a previous guest and there were no towels. I called reception who told me they would provide the first available room. They called within 20 minutes and gave me a made up room in a quiet part of the hotel. The rest of my stay was uneventful except upon the morning of checkout when I tried to take a shower and there was no water! They told me a pipe had burst and the water would be on in five minutes. About an hour later I was finally able to get water. Someone in an earlier review had said the same thing so there is an obvious ongoing problem with this. Also upon checkout they erroniously billed me $41 for the hotel restaurant. It took some protesting with the staff before they finally agreed to remove it from the bill. Overall the room was clean and comfortable. The pillows were better than the ones I have at home, and the air worked well. The bottom line was that the hotel staff made the stay worth it despite all these hickups. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
Ben
"Close to downtown Newport"
Great staff Great room. Just smelled a little musty. Overall had a nice stay. Will def be back
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
sophia
"Location location location. Hard to find but good"
A little difficult to find but comfortable once you're there. Easy access to downtown and historic Newport
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
K2online
"friendly & helpfull staff"
I would definitely stay again when visiting Newport area.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"Marriott always delivers.."
As always Marriott delivers a very pleasent experience with nice well thought out extras.
5 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Az59
"Friendly Hotel"
It's your classic Courtyard Marriott, no more, no less which is great. I would rate this as the best hotel in the area
2 night trip Jun 7, 2014
MPP28
"Close to Newport"
It's odd that the hotel is located right across the street from a residential neighborhood but the hotel itself is clean, staff was nice and very helpful with directions
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
chris
"Thin walls"
We were in the area for a wedding and the location was convenient to Bristol where the wedding was held. The main problem we had with the hotel was the super thin wall between the rooms. Patrons in the room next to us came in at 2 am and we could hear them talking until after 3 am. I had trouble falling back to sleep and we had to be up early, so it was the worst night of sleep before the big event when you want to feel your best. For $300/night we expected a good night of sleep.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
I will definitely stay here again when visiting newport.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Sue Preston
We stayed for two nights and the ammenities were as stated on the website. Indoor pool and jaccuzi where clean and working fine. The bistro in the lobby had really good breakfast items especially their home made french toast. I would definately stay at this hotel or another Marriett should we stay in a different town
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Nice hotel- stayed overnight for a 10mile race"
Stayed overnight fir a race the next day in Newport. We booked last minute. Reasonable cost for last minute reservation. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Smoking rooms were on separate floor. Loved and appreciated the indoor pool and hot tub especially after running 10 miles. Got late check out. Starbucks in hotel too. All newly decorated. Would recommend this hotel. Only 5miles from the main center of Newport. Newport creamery not far either.
Other trip May 3, 2014
stacy
"TOW DAY GETAWAY"
VERY CLEAN EVERY THING WAS LIKE NEW POOL LOOKED NICE BUT WE DID NOT USE IT, CHECK IN CLERK WAS VERY HELPFUL AND NICE.I DID NOT LIKE THE BREAKFAST EAT SOME WHERE ELSE THE NET DAY. NICE PLACE I WOULD STAY AGAIN.
Other trip May 1, 2014
JACK
"Clean & Friendly"
The hotel was very clean and staff was superb. Beds were very comfortable. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Lou Bickel
"Well designed hotel"
Good hotel - pleasant, helpful staff. Restaurant very basic but served the purpose. Well mananged by Mrs Cruikshank....a fellow Scot.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Nigel
The hotel was kept very well, close to many amenities. The room was very clean however it didn't have a mini frig or a microwave, that is the only drawback of the room.
2 night romance trip Apr 18, 2014
"sales trip"
Have to say the staff was extremely friendly, took there time with me making sure I knew everything offered to me. From J.J. booking me in to the cleaning staff. Very clean and comfortable room, bathroom spotless and the little fridge came in handy to have milk for the coffee in the morning (free coffee) Stay there on the way back. P.S. plenty of good eating places within blocks
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Mr. Z
Experience overall good. Just stayed one night. Front desk was pleasant. Room was clean, although I wasn't too impressed with the bathtub. As I was showering I noticed that the floor of the tub was a bit sticky. So I think they need to do a little better job scrubbing the tub .
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Close to must-see sights, but some negatives..."
The hotel itself was very close to the main attractions of Newport. The stay was ruined by rude staff at the food bar and lack of running water on the morning we were to check out. Management was nice enough to comp us for drinks at the front, but the stay could have been much better.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Dear Valued Guest, I would like tto thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Middletown Courtyard Marriott. I would like to apologize to you if our staff was not friendly and welcoming to you - we pride ourselves on providing excellent guest service. I am also sorry that we had a problem with our hot water heater while you were with us. I do hope if your travels bring you back to the Newport area you will give us the opportunity to show you guest satisfaction is our number one priority. Thank you
2 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2014
"Outstanding value"
Was very pleased staff was super friendly and helpful will def return next time I visit area
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Dear Dr Russ Thank you for the nice comments on out friendly and helpful staff - I am glad they were able to help you while you were in Newport . We look forward to your return to stay with us at the Newport Courtyard Marriott. ~ Patti OBrien General Manager
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Dr Russ
"Clean and easy accessible hotel"
My husband and I stayed overnight in this hotel. We took a short drive from Boston to celebrate our 1st anniversary in Newport, RI. The hotel staff are very welcoming. The lobby looks pretty neat and modern. Our room had everything we needed and it was very clean. Our stay at this hotel was awesome.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott - Newport Middletown
Dear Claudia, Thank you for your nice comments about your stay with us at the Newport Middletown Courtyard Marriott. I was thrilled to hear that our staff took such great care of you during your Anniversary visit to the Newport area . We hope you come back and celebrate each year with us. Thank you ! Patti O'Brien General Manager
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Claudia
"Short but sweet"
Check in/out process was so easy. I was done in 3 minutes, both times. The lobby looked so modern and cozy. After I checked in, I asked the front desk where we can go for good local food and she readily handed me a list of restaurants in both towns. Good service!
1 night family trip Mar 22, 2014
Yeng
"Great Hotel & Workers!"
We were spending the night in Newport, and the staff were phenomenal. Not only did they call us a cab while we got ready, but when we were looking to get back to the hotel, provided us with two numbers that got us to back in five minutes when we'd been trying for hours using other numbers provided by a hotel our friends were staying at. The hotel itself was beautiful and the room was nicely set up. The only complaint we have is that our room had a strange smell to it that we couldn't explain but was easily masked by a few spritzes of my boyfriend's cologne.We would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Andressa
"Newport Trip"
Nice little hotel,fair price, polite staff. I would stay again if I return to Newport.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2014
"Hospitality plus!"
We had an exceptional stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. We were visiting Newport for St. Patrick's Day weekend with some friends. The hotel was very convenient to all the activities, was very clean and comfortable. The staff was outstanding .... sincerely friendly and accommodating! Several people went out of their way to make our visit pleasant. A huge shout out to John who very kindly loaned me a bag chair to take to the parade after my husband requested a chair due to a bad knee. I don't usually find this kind of courtesy and friendliness in US hotels ..... it reminded me of being at a resort hotel. Kudos to all and we will be back!!!
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
The Rabbitt's
The room was clean. I did not interact much with staff, but the staff I dealt with was very nice. I have no complaints. The room was comfortable, no noise. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014