All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
1002 S Laredo St, San Antonio, TX, 78204, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Romantic getaway"
The hotel was under renovation 1st floor but didn't interfere with the efficient operation of the hotel. The accommodations were appropriate for the value of the room. The continental breakfast was good and staff were very friendly and responsive to any needs. I will stay there again upon my return to San Antonio.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you kindly for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am glad to know our staff made you feel comfortable during your stay.
3 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
Rodney
"Weekend getaway"
I was fine with everything. The hotel was undergoing some construction but it didn't bother us.I really enjoyed the blue and red route buses to get us where we had to go. Whether the River walk or the market square. We didn't have to drive once we got there.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. Always good to hear when a guest had a comfortable stay.
2 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
"Quick getaway"
Great location, close to Riverwalk and many local restaurants. Easy walking distance to many area places of interest.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for staying with and letting us know how your stay was.
2 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
"Good stay"
The hotel was near the freeway but we could not hear the traffic. It is undergoing remodeling but did not cause any inconvenience; in fact, very quiet on the 3rd floor in spite of it being completely booked while we were there. The breakfast area was kept clean and items frequently stocked.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and you were not inconvenienced by our renovations.
2 night trip with friends Oct 22, 2015
"san ant"
Construction remodel so messy. Only one elevator which was inconvenient. Air conditioner unit was loud so couldn't hear TV.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
thank you for your feedback. I do understand your concern about our renovations. I will take your feedback into consideration how to make construction work not so messy. Thank you.
3 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
Rueben
This hotel staff lied about there location in reference to the conference I was attending. The front desk clerk was rude when I checked in and seemed like I made her angry when I told her to cancel all my other nights. The room looked like it was 100 yrs old and smelled damp. It was on the first floor on a one way road. The constant flow of foot and car traffic made sleep impossible not to mention the people trying to look in before I could get the curtains to work to close them. And to top it all off it lies directly across from a dog kennel.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
I am sorry to hear your stay was unpleasing. It is never our intention to make any guest feel unease or as if forced to stay with us. I do understand your frustration and again apologize your stay was not as you had wanted.
7 night business trip Oct 11, 2015
"Nice hotel with an awesome staff"
The hotel was amazing! Very friendly staff, comfortable room, and nice indoor pool and spa. We will be back
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Appreciate you letting us know your stay was good. Nice to hear when a guest had a great stay.
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Suzanne
Kinda of scared when driving up BUT very very clean inside with spacious rooms. Easy access to everything we wanted to do. Would stay again
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for staying with us and glad your 1st impression didn't sway you from staying with us.
3 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2015
jennifer
"super suites in san antonio"
very well furnished rooms and superb service. would stay there anytime.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you kindly. Glad the room was to your liking. We are remolding so hope you can revisit to see the new rooms.
3 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
"It was Really nice"
I loved the room love the jacuzzi in my room as well. Only thing i didn't like was the front desk never answers the phone when i needed extra towels and things.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
I do apologize for the inconvenience of no one answering. It is always our priority to answer all our calls. I will address the issue with staff. I am glad to hear that the room was enjoyable for you.
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Not Provided
I enjoyed myself there. When I return, I will stay there
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
We look forward to seeing you again, Thank you for your comments.
5 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
raymond
"Nice place. Good value"
Was a little farther from the River Walk area than led to believe.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for staying with us, I do understand that the distance to downtown was a concern for you, It is little over a mile away. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
S.
Getting to Hotel was easy. The room was clean and very comfortable. Some of the lamps were unplugged but were easily fixed. Hotel was further away from where we wanted to go. Would stay there again
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. We do look forward on seeing you again.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Office staffs were nice and very helpful, made our stay very comfortable. Only negative side is the hotel location and neighborhood, although it is near to the market square or river walk areas.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for letting us know how our staff is doing. I do understand the concern of the location and glad to know you still stayed with us.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Shiladitya
"Charged me twice for my stay!!"
Front desk charged me twice for my stay, I was not expecting that additional charge, ruined my vacation because we were on a budget. Management were no help, they just said for me to call my bank.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
I do understand your frustration and hope all was taken care of.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
"ALAMO, RIVERWALK AND MEXICAN VITTLES."
Very nice folks. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. Front desk personnel was amazing both in service and appearance. Room was clean and comfortable. Facility could use some upgrade. Would not hesitate to stay again.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for staying with us and your kind words. Always good to hear when our guests had a comfortable stay,
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
"Good location poor maintenance."
We stayed for a couple of nights. The staff was courtious and the location is a mile from the center. It is just by the highway and an electricity transformation site - so take the south eastern rooms. Floor was greasy and bathroom not too inviting. In total - ambiguous.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
OB
"Thank Goodness it's on a main drag!"
Couldn't use the pool - had to go down the street about 1/4 mile and use the one at Holiday Inn. Door kept jamming but maint. came out quickly. Satisfied with the room and breakfast. Staff needs some training in giving directions - was told Alamo was about 7 blocks away, when actually it was 13.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Our pool is now reopen. I will address the directions issues with our staff thank you.
3 night trip Sep 21, 2015
"Our "accessible room" didn't quite cut it"
Most everything was just fine. The indoor pool/pool area was being repainted which made coming in through the backdoor, the one that leads from the parking lot, very uncomfortable. We were in an "accessible room" due to a disabled elderly person travelling with us. However nice it was to have 2 kings for the rest of us, she had a very difficult time accessing the beds. Her walker wouldn't fit between the two beds, which pretty much ruined our two night stay. I'd gladly stay here again, but maybe in suite with a single bed.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for staying with us. I sincerely apologize the space between the beds was not enough. It is always our goal to make every guest feel comfortable. Especially to make it easy to move around their room. We will take your words into consideration during our up coming remodeling.
2 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Dovie
"Won't be back"
We didnt get much sleep on our stay. We were right above the pool and yes the sounds did travel. The nearby train was very loud also.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to let us know about your stay. I do understand the concern regarding the pool noise. It does close at 10pm, however; I can understand the sound was unpleasing to rest.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"What's that smell?"
The add on here stated this hotel was recently renovated...really?? The floors to the hotel were uneven. There was a smell in the first room we got, but we didn't arrive until 1 am so we let it slide the first night. First thing in the morning we told them about the smell...it wasn't cigarettes. So, thankfully they switched us to another room. They floors in this room were better, and NO smell. The furniture in both rooms wer horrible, torn up and dingy. We went to San Antonio to see the sites. We got this hotel for its price. However, it may have been cheaper to spend more on hotel and less on parking. The hotel was farther than i thought from the Riverwalk. I would only rcomend for the price!! Other than that, stay away. The staff was very nice and helpful as well.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
I do appreciate you letting us about your stay. Renovations were not being made at the time of your stay. Renovations are being done now I do apologize if it was advertised incorrectly the pool was the only thing that was renovated. Thank you
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Great hotel for price!! Would have liked more handicap accessibility.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
We do appreciate you staying with us. We will diffidently address your suggestion regarding more handicap parking.
2 night family trip Sep 20, 2015
"Very nice"
Michelle was wonderful. The rooms were very nice. I didnt know we had a balcony until the last day and it was unlocked the whole time.Scary three blocks to trolly.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for taking the time to recognize one of our emps. It is always nice to know when an emp has a guest stay memorable. Appreciate you staying with us.
2 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
Rita
"Remembering the Alamo!"
Room was very nice, hotel was in a poor neighborhood, pool was under repair, parking was a little tight. Had to wait for room after check in time.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for letting us know the concerns you had when staying with us. These are issues that we will diffidently address.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Edward
Pool and spa shut down...My pet turned away although reservation paper hstated it was allowed clerk unaware....I asked about pool situation and they rerouted me to holiday inn....also construction noise the whole time of stay to hotel...They should have closed for repairs...Breakfast was the only positive thing.,although reservation
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
We do appreciate you letting us about your stay. The paper work states no pets allowed if a pet is to be on property there would be a penalty charge. I understand how this is misleading. I do apologize for the confusion.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
MARIA
"Like sleeping at home ..."
N/A
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know you had a nice rest.
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
Graciela
"Good but could of been better"
We were in town for state tennis sectionals and we always get a hotel with a pool and a jacuzzi to soak those tired muscles. When we got there we were very disappointed to find out that the pool and the jacuzzi were both closed. The only other problem we had was that there was that there was not a vent fan in the bathroom; with three people that is not good. And when you turned on the light in the bathroom it sounded like a helicopter taking off. At night we took our phones into the restroom so I would not have to turn on the light and wake everyone up. The staff was great and very helpful. Overall it was a pretty good stay. If the pool and jacuzzi worked and the bathroom got fixed it would have been a great stay.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for giving us your feedback and letting us know how your stay was. I am not sure if you reported the fan issue in order to assist you. We are glad to know everything else during your stay was good.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"air force graduation"
Nice clean room and friendly staff.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Glad to hear our staff made you feel welcomed.
3 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
Ulysses
Very clean, location easy to get to attractions
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Appreciate you staying with us and giving a nice feedback.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
gordon
"A pleasant 1 day stay"
We stayed with family for one day. Though the hotel itself is old, they seem to have refurbished the interiors. The rooms are quite spacious and clean. We were pleasantly surprised with 2 king sized beds(usually you find only queen or double). The location is convenient as its only 1 or 2 miles from the river walk and with free parking, wifi and breakfast it's quiet comfortable. The breakfast options are good. Overall a pleasant stay.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay. Was glad your stay was enjoyable.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Subhas
"Very Good"
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for staying with us. Glad to know you had a good stay.
2 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
"VERY happy with the value!"
It was close to everything.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for staying with us it was good to have you here.
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
Ron
"Great!!!"
Great stay. Good breakfast and very helpful staf
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was.
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
Fabio
great.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thanks for your comment and staying with us,
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
amanda
"Walking distance to marketplace (6blocks) and Rive"
Close to marketplace and downtown. Suites are very comfortable for the rate
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
harold
"Overall okay"
Overall I would say the room was nice. The toilet seat was loose which was a little annoying when he had to go. The beds were comfortable but I've had better. The staff was exceptional. I gotta give it to them. they were very helpful in giving the direction. I would stay there again
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for letting us know your stay was comfortable. I hope the toilet issue was addressed in order to have better helped you. Again thank you for staying with us.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Great value
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Appreciate your feedback. Always nice to know when a guest has a good stay.
2 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
"Quality of service was excellent"
The employees are very courteous and helpful. Continental breakfast was perfect to start our busy days.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Always good to know when a guest had a nice stay,
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
Alma
Great value. Exercise room was right across from the breakfast area with now curtain on the door for privacy. Other than that, no complaints.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for your comment. We will certainly address your issue regarding the privacy all guest suggestions are most welcomed.
2 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Ronald
Stinky pillows when we arrived. Did change pillow cases out after we notified management. Bathroom door would not stay open, had to prop with trash can. Neighborhood was little desolate. Little farther from the river walk than we read.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
I do understand all your concerns during your stay. Issues have been addressed. We greatly appreciate you giving us your feedback.
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Bruce
"Not so good. Average"
Overall it is an average hotel. Do not like their housekeeping service and breakfast area is too small. I found bath tub very small. Also do not like non English speaking staff.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
We do appreciate you letting us know the issues you came across at our property. All concerns will be addressed.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Ravi Prakash
pretty good hotel which locates near the riverwalk
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Qing
"Best Western, Alamo."
Very nice place. We would stay here again
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for letting us know you had a good stay. Appreciate you taking the time to respond to the review.
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Jimmy
easy to access but the neighborhood wasn't that good. Room was not cleaned right. We only stayed one night - was enough for that
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Apologize the room was not as you thought. We appreciate your feedback and if addressed to front desk that we had the opportunity to fix. thank you.
1 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
"vacay"
Very comfortable room & bed.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know about your stay.
2 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
Ruben
The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful in find places to eat. The indoor pool was great in the 105 degree temp.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you had a good stay. Always nice to hear our staff and property was comforting to our guests.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
"Hotel is OK for the price. Good location."
My hotel room was of very low standard. Very shotty craftsmanship with low cost materials and interior design to match. My guess is that Best Western bought this building from an Extend-A-Stay from the 1980s. Not sure why San Antonio would have an indoor pool when most days of the year are sunny and an outdoor heated pool for the winter would definitely be better than any indoor pool. Their management could definitely use some training. The management seemed oblivious to their establishment and surroundings; or maybe corporate isn't investing in this property. If management spent a night in different rooms, made an assessment, and took action to keep rooms maintained and satisfactory would make a big difference. Loud bathroom vents, flushing toilets that sounded like they were going to be sucked into the floor, mold in the shower tile grout, no batteries in the TV remote, keyless entry that takes 3-4 attempts before it worked ... I could go on and on. It's a classic case where people don't care. Management needs to walk around the property, inside and out. There was broken glass in the parking lot. I waited a couple days to report it to see if any staff would take the initiative. Nobody did until I mentioned it. I'd give this hotel 1.5-2 stars.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
Mikel
"Not Surprising.."
The room was billed as a room with three beds, it was not. The hotel is really aged and there doesn't seem to be any effort in maintaining the facilities. There were ants in the bathroom just crawling up the wall, I asked the concierge if that was the case for most rooms she said no but I honestly doubt it because there were a lot. Ants are one thing, black gross stains on the wall are another. If you are going with family, go for an upgrade elsewhere. The neighborhood is sketchy at best and it's just not that close to the alamo when you consider where it is located, with one ways and lights.
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
I do understand the stay was not like you may have thought. We are taking up all the issues with the department managers to better assist our guests. Thank you again for letting us know of all your concerns.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
The bathroom had a little mold around the base but over all we liked our room
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was, We will surely look into the mold issues.
4 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
"excellent"
Very peaceful, staff was helpful with info on things to do
Response by Best Western Alamo Suites
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how your stay was.
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015