All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
85 5th St, San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Room was tiny!"
The hotel seemed nice and it's located in a great location. The parking garage is small and a little difficult to locate. I was upset that we were charged an additional Parking fee because my car was considered oversized. The room was really small. I'm surprised that two double beds actually fit in that room.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
very close to convention center & city center. very good staff.
5 night family trip May 1, 2015
Stefano
"Decent for the price"
Decent hotel. Poor location. Parking fee is high for not being too close to central downtown. Bed quality was poor.
3 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Kimberly
The Pickwick is in a decent neighborhood and, for the money, was a great choice for our one-night stay. We were passing through SF after a backpacking trip in the high Sierras and managed to catch a Giants game. It is a bit of a haul to walk to AT&T Park, but not too bad. And the Uber ride back after the game was only $10.
1 night trip with friends Jul 6, 2015
"Weekend at the Pickwick"
The hotel is in a really convenient spot, being at 5th and Mission, close to Muni and BART and easy to locate. The hotel itself is in desperate need of an overhaul. Dingy carpet, hot hallways, chipped paint on the bathtub, are among elements that give the place a rundown feeling. Also, the bathroom was tiny and I kept hitting my head on a very poorly placed towel rack.
4 night trip Jun 26, 2015
"Newly renovated, and clean hotel in the city cente"
Good place to be if you are in the city for business. Reasonable price with great value. Newly renovated.
8 night business trip Jun 20, 2015
"penny wise, pound foolish"
it seems like the management of this hotel is doing everything they can to squeeze a little extra margin out of guests. no water cooler in the gym - seriously! not even a water fountain. Oh, and no water bottles in the rooms, either. Fridge in the room is hit and miss. And the most alarming thing! I stayed in an interior courtyard room, and the opposite room is about 12' away. Guess what? The BLACKOUT CURTAINS DO NOT CLOSE. I did see a dude undressing across the courtyard because his do not close either. Thank goodness it was just undressing and not... anything else. How much extra would curtains that close have cost?
2 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
richard
Comfortable beds, various breakfasts, happy hour restaurant/bar. Hotel's location is good, excellent public traffic (cable car, old trams) to reach the Fishermans wharf and other interesting places.
2 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
Pertti
"Very comfortable stay, reasonable price"
Very convenient location, safe and lively the building is a bit old but clean room. Great deal for the price.
2 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Loud and Smelly"
Here are a few of the things that my colleague came across during his stay this week: - there is no water pressure - the refrigerator was very loud - the air conditioning units were also very loud - the sound of other rooms' toilets flushing could be heard, and a subsequent sewage odor followed
5 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
"The good, the bad, the ugly."
Stay was for a single night on short notice. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room and comfort of the bed and linens. The bathroom was also clean with the usual hotel accessories. the building is old and the room is showing it's age with the many layers of paint. The room was on the second floor but the double windows kept traffic noise to a manageable level and had no trouble sleeping. Good for a couple on a tight budget but it will not be high on my list of places to stay again, if need be.
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
william
Good location close to Bart
3 night trip Jun 16, 2015
Terrence
"3.5 stars out of 5"
The Pickwick is centered in a good location to explore downtown San Francisco. Not too far to walk or ride to any attractions in San fran. Staff was nice. The building is pretty old but very cool. Everything was clean, did not like the spring mattress it was squeaky. The neighborhood wasn't bad but, the Mint building that is located across from the hotel is home to many transient people after dark. As is many of the places around downtown San fran.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Comfortable beds, clean. Thin walls and windows but not too loud.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
"Good but check wifi"
I use this hotel relatively frequently, but on most recent 2 stays the wifi in room has not worked, requiring me to work from the lobby. Hotel staff had no solutions - they claim it is being upgraded. If staying here, check wifi if you think you're going to need it.
Response by The Pickwick Hotel
Pickwick Hotel Announces Complete Wi-Fi System Upgrade! And Wi-Fi service will still be Free for our Guests! San Francisco, CA— June 11, 2015 — “Today at the Pickwick Hotel, we are announcing that we completely upgraded our Wi-Fi system!” said Allen Allgood, Front Office Manager. Today we have installed one of the industry’s Highest Capacity, Highest Performing, Three-stream ZoneFlex R700 Smart Wi-Fi access points by Ruckus, including an EthoStream Pro Series Gateway Server, new wiring, new switches, a complete upgrade package. This will enable guests to have extremely reliable Wi-Fi connectivity! Positive Customer Impact “There is nothing more frustrating to a guest than to have slow and/or unreliable Internet. A hotel that does not provide good reliable Internet can make any guest resentful. And to charge for Wi-Fi is just terrible. It's like charging for water, something you just don't do," Allgood said. "Having really good Wi-Fi and having it free is critical.”
3 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
"could be a great place but skip it."
just ok, but could be great. I had a corner room and it was beautiful. Comfy bed. nice furniture. great light coming in and the great SF energy you get from the bustling streets. big downers: my room was on the alley and there are loading docks and trash bins in this alley for nearby businesses. well, trash trucks and other trucks with reversing alarms started around 3 am and continued through the rest of the night. What bummer. also, the plumbing was in pretty bad shape: shower never really turned off, toilet wouldn't really flush or stop running unless i took the tank cover off and held down the doo-hickey that allows the tank to fill. The sink wouldn't drain properly either. also, i heard rattling pipes anytime someone downstairs would flush.
1 night business trip May 14, 2015
"Met my needs."
Room was small but adequate.Close to easy transportation to a variety of San Francisco destinations. Left one change of clothes in my room when I checked out and called the hotel to see if they could Fed-ex them to me. They were very prompt in getting this done and my clothes arrived at my next destination the next day. Well done!
3 night family trip May 24, 2015
Theodore
"My review of the Pickwick"
I thought it was a nice place to stay. A bit dated but the location was great. The reservation clerk said that hotel parking was $52 per night and we thought that was quite high.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"The Pickwick Hotel: The good and the bad."
My stay at the Pickwick Hotel is filled with mixed feelings. As far as the rooms and facilities themselves, the Pickwick is absolutely fantastic! The size of the guest rooms could have been a few square feet larger, but the coziness gave the room an intimate feel. It was also a huge bonus that the Pickwick is literally steps away from the shopping mega center of Market Street. However, I had two major issues with the Pickwick that should be addressed. The first has to do with the fact that during my booking, a internet glitch happened, and the dates were switched for my bookings and I did not realize it. Instead of the hotel working with me and Hotels.com to adjust the mistake, they charged me almost $150 extra as a "no show".... I feel that this was a terrible customer service move. Mistakes happen, and I actually stayed for 2 nights as planned. The second issue that concerned me was that even though I felt safe inside of the hotel, I was awoken several times in the night by screaming homeless people. Whereas I know that this poses deeper issues than the hotel can be responsible for, it was still an uncomfortable situation.
2 night trip with friends May 27, 2015
Ricardo
"Good hotel on a bad street."
good location if you want to be close to shopping, but the neighborhood leaves little to be desired. Major homeless camp located directly across the street and spread throughout surrounding blocks. In spite of the unsavory views/smells on the street, the hotel itself was clean and well-maintained, with a friendly, accommodating staff.
1 night business trip May 30, 2015
"Weekend Getaway"
Very cute, comfortable and inexpensive. We enjoyed our stay very much.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Joshua
"Only if desperate"
Wafer-thin walls and windows ensure a noisy, restless night. Then you wake up in the morning to shower under a trickle of water. Wouldn't recommend the area either with a above average continence of homeless for the city.
3 night business trip May 19, 2015
"ehhhh.."
no bad experience but it was little overpriced and stuff did not make any e ford to make us feel special. very cold and unfriendly.
5 night business trip May 14, 2015
"Great location, reasonable value"
We were very pleased with the quiet clean room at the Pickwick. We arrived Saturday night and street parking was very easy, safe, and free all day Sunday. The restaurant attached to the hotel was good for breakfast.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"great deal!"
I went for a conference at the Moscone Center. The Pickwick was in walking distance from lots of places to eat and shop ( there was a mall less than 1/2 block from the hotel). I had no problems walking about even at night and as a solo traveler never felt unsafe. The staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel itself was neat and clean. I had the executive king which was very accommodating . Over all it was a positive experience.
6 night business trip May 1, 2015
Ruby L
"More than satisfied"
Very nice European style hotel. Great value in perfect location. Immediate response when we experienced a small problem (light bulb out).
5 night business trip May 1, 2015
"Wireless is worthless in your room, room is okay"
One of the reasons we chose this hotel is for the 'high-speed' internet they said they offered throughout the hotel. Well in our room it barely connected and dropped frequently. I mentioned it to the front desk to check on it and she suggested to just bring my laptop to the common area as it's pretty good there. I ended up using my phone hotspot instead. We were next to the elevator and there was some loud noise that was either the elevator or the A/C unit turning on. Didn't bother saying anything as I'm sure nothing would be done but if you can, try to get a room away from the elevator. Oh yeah. No Fox News on the cable channels either but I guess in SF that's probably standard.
5 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
"Bad experience."
My room smelled smoke - Cigarettes smoke, Feels like someone was smoking inside my room. Really bad. Rooms are very small. Beds are not comfy. They were doing a lot of moving around, so furniture all over corridors. Not staying here ever again. I guess you get what you pay. They were very accommodating, but i guess there is not much they can do since the whole hotel is old.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
Alessandra
"Pickwick"
Exactly what I expected. Currently undergoing construction.
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Michael J
"Needs major renovation"
It was our first time there. The hotel was old,the walls & Paint need an update. We couldn't find the Ac switch, it was hidden behind this metal plate..ugh! The toilet flusher was the ones you find at a park bathroom...we didn't want our room cleaned b/c we only had so much room for our bags.... No vertical mirror, the windows were grungy & old To be honest I wouldn't stay here again!!!! The hotel needs to be closed for an entire renovation Also, the rooms near to us had construction... It was a joke.
3 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
"Under renovatgion"
The hotel was under renovation while I was there so my hallway was filled with rubbish. They need to renovate so I don't hold that against them. Had I been aware of this I would not have stayed there.
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
Harry
"Close to moscone center"
I was in town for a conference so the location was great. But that's about it. Run down like many other hotels I the area and there is only so much more coats of paint will cover up. Poor water pressure so you won't be taking a shower in a hurry
3 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Awesome location"
Recently stayed there for a convention. Location is awesome, next to Powell station and Moscone convention center. Would stay again, enjoyed the Soma restaurant attached to the hotel as well.
4 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
craig
"Wonderful, Cozy hotel"
I was in San Francisco on business and needed a hotel for 2 nights. I happened upon the Pickwick Hotel and booked it because it was close to the location and not as expensive as others in the area. I was extremely pleased with the hotel and will stay here again for business and pleasure.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Christa
"Great Place"
Stay here often- only thing to watch for is getting a room that faces the alley... San Fran has the loudest garbage trucks in the world and they collect the garbage at 5am... and it takes about 15mins- you'll definitely be up after that event.
3 night business trip Mar 29, 2015
"Stayed for Giants opening day"
It's a good hotel. Great location. Not fancy, but not divey either. The only deal breaker for me in no room service. Free wifi though!
1 night trip with friends Apr 13, 2015
vicki
"Great location in SOMA"
The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Nice room, but massive plumbing problems."
A beautiful hotel located right on the edge of a sketchy (if not downright scary) chunk of downtoan, it was very obviously recently remodeled and renovated and it shows. The decor was beautiful, but the rooms were poorly laid out and didn't take best advantage of the space. A small room with not much furniture required several twists and turns to navigate because of poor layout. The bathroom looked beautiful... Right up until I used it. The toilet ran and the hardware inside was a bit shoddy (had to shake the handle and jiggle with it to get it to refill properly and stop running every time I used it), but the worst thing was the shower/bath. The water pressure in the shower was pitiful to begin with (and the showerhead was half-clogged so that the spray wasn't uniform to begin with), but the longer I was in there, the weaker the stream got. And I'm not talking about a long shower here - I mean within two minutes the water got weaker. Both mornings I took a shower, after about five minutes the water shut off completely. It was less than a minute, granted, but I think a complete failure for any amount of time is unacceptable. Aside from that, the room was clean and dry and decent, with a comfortable bed and decent furnishings. I would stay here again, but only if I booked it through this site (their direct booking rate is easily double or triple what the rates I found on here were).
4 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
Given the size of some of the rooms we have stayed at in this area of San Francisco, I was pleasantly surprised.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Location is its best quality"
I was looking for an affordable hotel in downtown San Francisco. The Pickwick is in a great location but that's its best attribute. Otherwise I found the hotel to be a little run down with the bathroom sink a cracked and other similar signs of neglect. Our room overlooked 5th street and the noise level was louder than I would have liked, late into the evening.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Damian
"Mediocre"
I don't have other hotels in that area to compare it with, but the room was small and had stains on the wall. The shower pressure was basically nonexistent, as if on a bamboo drip system. I am not hard to please, it's a place to sleep, served just fine for that.
2 night business trip Mar 31, 2015
Jeffrey
"Convenient location and good value"
Although it's an older hotel, the rates are reasonable, the rooms are comfortable and the staff are very helpful and friendly. I like the daily happy hour in the SoMa restaurant which is located in the hotel lobby. But the best part of it all is the convenient location. It's steps away from the Westfield Shopping Center, close to the BART Powell Street station, and the cable car terminus on Powell. We shopped and dined on Union Square, which is a few blocks away, and took the BART several times to Oakland and the Ferry Building.
5 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
Patrick
"Perfect stay for my business trip."
Excellent service, clean and good location. Thank you!
4 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
Ancizar
"Maintenance"
Too old. Not well kept. Need new sheets and an overall makeover. Slow internet and when asked, clerk said too many people where using it (at 2 am?)
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Isaac
"Good location."
It was fine. We stayed here for one night to go to SFO. The location was very good for shopping, Muni, and Bart connection. The bed was comfortable. The conditions of the room and facility were not pretty, but okay. There was a used shampoo bottle in our room when we arrived. No microwave in the room. You can hear noises from next door.
1 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Well-Located Gem"
This hotel is within an easy walk of Bart, cable cars, shopping, China Town and more. Our room was small but well appointed and the staff was super helpful. We had problems getting online, which would have been a problem if we were traveling for business. But we weren't, so we took it as a sign to get off our computers and RELAX!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
mary
"Pickwick, good deal for the price"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. The attached restaurant had good food, right by the Powell street BART and easy walk to shopping etc. The rooms were small, but ok for one person, the internet was really slow two nights-but I didn't call, I just used my phone. The walls, especially the bathroom were too thin.
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"close to Moscone center"
manager and evening staff and bell staff all wonderful.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"hot overpriced room"
hotel is dump - staff is nice but room was hot and small
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
"Disappointing"
The parking rate was A LOT less than anywhere else, the location was great. However to me there are two things that are most important when it comes to a hotel 1.)Peace and quiet, 2.) Mattress comfort/quality. You are paying to SLEEP there, so if these two things are lacking then it's not a good hotel in my book. While the bed was technically a pillow top you could feel the springs so it was definitely a cheap pillow top mattress. There was an air conditioner unit on the adjoining rooftop that was going all night long. At 8 AM there was a super loud grinding noise that sounded like a belt sander on the other side of the wall. And the walls were so thin I could hear every petite sniffle from the woman that was in the next room. In short, plunk down the extra cash and stay at the Hyatt or the Westin.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015