All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America

The bed was VERY uncomfortable
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2016
Nicole
"money well spent"
loved every moment of it! the convenience! the friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
The Pickwick hotel
"Comfy older hotel"
The hotel was basically what I expected. An older hotel but pleasant room friendly and helpful staff.for some the frequent sirens might be annoying but i found them exciting and contributing to the big city feeling. The staff were especially helpful arranging a ride to my next destination.
4 night trip Dec 25, 2015
Fred S
"Good second stay"
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a little small, but fine for two people spending most of their time out in the city. The hotel is very conveniently located for shopping and eating out, especially if you don't mind walking a few blocks. This was our second time staying at the Pickwick, and we likely will be back.
5 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
Tracy
"Comfortable"
My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. It is located as close as it gets to downtown, that was amazing! We were able to walk to most places but also public transportation was within a few feet. Our room was overall cleaned but once we decided to move the curtains, we found a lot of dust and even an empty box that should've been trashed. It was comfortable. We couldn't get running hot water when we arrived but we let it slide. The next day in the morning, there was no hot water again. I called guests services and I was told that I needed to let it run for 10 min before we could get hot water. Really? Isn't California in a drought? All they could say was, "it's an old building, there's nothing else we can do". It is an old building indeed in need of major upgrades! During the day, the neighborhood was good. At night, my wife was somewhat concerned with our safety especially because of our baby. There are too many mentally ill people!
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Jose Luis
Room clean, hot water takes a while, parking lot is expensive but you can get something cheaper out of the hotel. Restaurant is good, very close to shopping, restaurant. Homeless outside the hotel but they don't bother you and is San Francisco you see them everywhere.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
Evelyn
They failed to mention that there was a $46 parking fee on their website
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
"Nothing fancy but a good value."
Central location. Close to shopping and night life. Underground parking. Small room. Good value for a quick overnight in SF.
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2015
Convenient location for business meetings and after hours, walls too thin/heard neighbors
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
Great place to stay if you need a place to sleep for the night. Parking garage was convenient. Only drawback was that water heater wasn't working and had to take a really cold shower the morning of checkout.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
"Nice hotel in a great area."
I stayed at the Pickwick as I was attending a conference nearby and wanted a hotel within walking distance. The room was nice, but small. The bed was comfortable, but not amazing. The shower did not have cold water in the morning as I presume too many people were showering at the same time. That was disappointing.
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
"Tepid. Underwhelmed."
No water pressure for shower. Water temperature was luke warm. During morning shower, 1 minute in it went from luke warm to ice cold.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
"No hot water"
No hot water, staff overwhelmed, poor managenent, rude to guests. If you can't find a better place to stay...get a new app
"Bleah"
The hot water heater broke, which sucked. They said they'd give us a 20% discount, but I have yet to see a refund.
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2015
Rajiv
"OK for a short trip."
Room has a very old A/C system. Heating was making a cranking sound like the pipes gonna burst. * Room was clean enough. * All pillow provided are hard pillows. * Instant Coffee machine was a good plus. * Hotel location is good but on a busy street so it's very loud, and you can hear traffic noise.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
"Stay away from this hotel."
The hotel is really old and is begging for some renovation. The bathroom door of our room kept getting stuck and we were afraid we might break the door with frustration. The bed made a sound everytime I turned.
1 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
Abhishek
"Will Pick Pickwick again!"
Booked this hotel for 1 night to attend the SF Car Show at nearby Moscone Center and have a nice night out in the city. Staff was friendly upon arrival and provided us with a comfortable corner room with great city and hill views. Windows could be opened which allowed us to enjoy fresh air and sounds of the city. King Bed was comfy and clean. Nice big tub, Bath & Body products and free Keurig coffee were a plus. Minor problem with water taking a while to get hot in the sink but the shower was fine. Great bar downstairs with happy hour every day and a ton of restaurants within walking distance made our stay highly enjoyable!
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Veronica
"Good base for business in Union Square"
It was a comfortable stay for a quick business trip. Be prepared to wait on the elevator and for the small bathroom. It is a good value for the location and the staff was always friendly and helpful.
4 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
"Disappointing Stay"
The hotel is showing age. The elevators weren't functioning properly during a majority of our stay. They would take you to the wrong floor or not work at all. The hot water also cut out during our stay and was out for the day. The staff didn't seem to be concerned about these problems and dismissed our complaints. The hotel is located just south of the Tenderloin in San Francisco. The homeless population has started to bleed over into this area of town. We witnessed one man masterbating in an alley. We went the other way and he started following us. Didn't feel safe at all. The restaurant Soma and the Cafe next door were both good places to eat. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient each day. The wireless had a strong signal in the room and was reliable. Several movie channels were available on the TV. Room was smaller than anticipated but it felt cozy after a day or two. The bed was uncomfortable as well.
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
Justin
"Fine if you like cold showers."
The room was not particularly tidy and there wes NO hot water. We repeatedly called the front desk and the response was "oh sorry" no timeline, no urgency, no real care.Feel completely ripped off for the price.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2015
Alice
"A one night stand in SF land"
Efficient friendly staff. elevator was a bit quirky. Had to take the stairs from the 6th floor twice.
1 night trip Nov 19, 2015
Not Provided
"Better then I thought!"
Was a 1 night stay for a company party. This hotel turned out to be really nice! I wish it was a little bit cheaper since I was only staying one night. But its right in the heart of SOMA. Union square is 2 blocks away.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2015
Court
Very close to my office. But elevators are old and takes for ever, and everything else is very old. Rooms are small and lot of noise from outside especially fire trucks. Still might pick this one as it is convenient and everything else is more expensive than this one.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2015
"Nice hotel, ok service."
It was a nice hotel and people were friendly, but the services wasn't great. I would ask for items and they would say its on the way and I would never receive it. For example, hand towels, etc.
6 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
"Toot Suite"
The lady behind the front desk was amazing, at first she gave my boyfriend and myself a terrible double bed room. We went down stairs and asked for a king size room. She accidently sent us to a room that was already occupied, to make it up to us she upgraded us to the executive suite on the top floor for no extra cost. I would definitely stay there again, just not in a double room. Cables were exposed and there were crackes in the ceiling and walls, very small bathrooms and only about 20 channels to choose from.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
"Alright . . ."
The hotel staff wasn't the best - a little grumpy and abrasive. I disliked the very late check-in (3PM) as we had a conference at noon. Other than that, the hotel was fine.
2 night business trip Oct 30, 2015
Anna
"Not my first choice"
The room was old and had odor. Ac didn't work very well. No room service. Will never stay again.
3 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
Okay for an overnight stay.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
"Bldg causes cancer, -10 star hotel, moved 3x"
It was absolutely terrible. I was in town for the Nike Half marathon and checked in on Friday afternoon. We had to move rooms he first night because of a leaking sink. Then on Saturday night we had to move again BC of drilling sounds that the piping made! It sounded like construction in my bathroom! They said it was from the rooms on that end of the building that caused the noise anytime someone in another room used hot water!!! I stayed in a different room every night. The customer service was great when having to move and requesting another room. But the hotel is old, the rooms are super old, there is absolutely no padding on that mattress! And the size was ridiculously small! I wish I would've booked the travel lodge for $99/night, I probably would've been more comfortable!!! I don't recommend this to anyone! Oh and the building has a sign in the basement floor that says the hotel has chemicals that are known to cause cancer!!!! I want my money back! This needs to be disclosed in a very apprentice place so the customer knows whether or not they voluntarily want to expose themselves to that!
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
"Good stay!"
Hotel was good. I needed a place to stay one night on my own dime and this worked well. I was a little nervous staying in a room alone in an unfamiliar neighborhood but it was totally fine. I slept well and felt comfortable. I would not recommend walking around the neighborhood late at night but otherwise totally fine.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
"Convenient location"
The hotel staff were very nice. The hotel needs some updating, room was ok. Great location for shopping and food. Price is high like most cities. Parking garage next to hotel which is convenient, easy in and out. Lots of vagrants in the surrounding area, but that's San Francisco's issue not the hotels.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2015
Only stayed for 1 night. The room was very nice and clean. There were a lot of outside noise and the bed was very noisy you cannot get up without waking up the person sleeping next to you. The hotel's location is convenient to many places. Overall I would stay here again for the clean rooms and friendly staff.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
Hotel needs to be updated and overhauled. Staff not the most attentive.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Good worth for the money"
This place is not bad, given how hard it is to find a reasonable hotel in central SF that is not crazy expensive. Terrible neighbourhood and a bit of a shabby overall look, but the room was okay, clean and just fine for a two night work trip.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Gabriel
The hotel was merely "adequate," and not worth the price. I know San Francisco is expensive, but this could have been much better...
4 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
"Easy location."
We had a wedding in the city (soma) and didn't want to risk driving. Hotel is in a convient location and the rate was good. overall it was a very pleasant stay; the staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Lori
"Go Giants!"
God times at a very centrally located hotel! Awesome customer service!
1 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2015
Curtis
Unfriendly desk staff and bad Parkin situation
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
"Great location, close to Downtown!"
Older hotel in the heart of Downtown San Francisco. Beds squeaked so bad, had to change rooms. Lamp bulbs burnt out, had to be replaced. Coffee cups and towels not replaced when maid cleaned the room. Little details need to be attended to. Close to everything, especially BART,cable cars,and buses. Ask for room away from street, if you like the quiet time. Lots of places to eat in neighborhood. Very convenient, but don't think I would stay here again. Too many choices nearby.
4 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2015
Toni
"Smoky room, dirty sheets, body hair in bath tub"
I had a awful experience at the Pickwick. The hotel itself is a faded shadow of its once stately grandeur. Cracked plaster, layers of chipped paint, old hardware, funky smells, and rickety pipes make it feel run down, not vintage. The air in my room with thick with the smell fresh cigarette smoke on top of the stale musty air. The duvet on the bed was stained, dirty, and full of someone else's hair. The hotel could not accommodate my request to change rooms because they were full and then refused to allow me to check out and get my money back. The delivered a fresh duvet (which was also stained, by the way) but did not make the bed. Instead, the handed me the bedding and left. Upon entering the bathroom to brush my teeth, I found someone else's private body hair in the tub. Good hotels do three things at a minimum -- provide clean beds, clean rooms, and friendly service. The Pickwick did none of these.
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
Angry Traveler
"Close to everything but not very good.."
First of I'd like to state that they charged me a hold deposit fee on day one of almost 400$ without warning! This was to be returned IF I didn't use it??? I've stayed in a lot of hotels before and never had that happen to me till this place. The room was small but looked nice. No more then 2 people would have fit for sure. The bed was okay but felt cheap. Overall it had the standard things one would expect in a nice hotel. The mini fridge was barely working but kept items "cool". The AC was oddly turned off in the room and I had to switch it on when I got in. (It was hot outside!) The only real room complaint is that the shower was impossible to use without issues. It would sometimes not heat up at all. Sometimes the pressure would be only a trickle and others spewing out like crazy! I've morning after just 5 minutes the water just stopped... Had to wait a few minutes just to get it to turn on again.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Mel
"Don't waste your time"
Definitely not worth the money. This is a rundown independent hotel.
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
"Why so little hot water?"
The shower had a shocking lack of hot water - I took a number of cold showers, and it was quite frustrating.
3 night trip Sep 25, 2015
Great location and very helpful friendly hotel staff.
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Carolyn
Check in process was a little long due to systems being down. At night time, sounded like dishes banging around from a nearby restaurant of some sort.
4 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
Ronald
"Cold Shower"
I would be giving this hotel a better rating if it weren't for one thing... the shower did not get hot for me. I had someone come up to try to help, and they did get it to lukewarm temperature, but it was thoroughly unpleasant after a long work day of being on my feet. Considering the price I paid for this room (over $600 a night probably due to a large convention the day I stayed), I would expect at a minimum for a warm shower. I guess the room I was staying in is brand new, so perhaps that is why this problem existed, as no one else seems to have this complaint. A lot of street noise, which I personally like coming from the suburbs of OC. I slept well, just really wish my shower had worked!
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
nadia
"Old hotel, but great location"
This hotel is in a great location considering its proximity to public transportation and shopping. Lots of great places to eat in the area, too. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. After a long day of travel, we were pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to a nicer room. Unfortunately, the room itself was a tad bit run down. You can tell they've done some work to renovate, but it's still on the older side. Overall though, a good place to stay and one I would go back to.
2 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
Kayla
I would never stay here again. This was the smallest cracker box I ever stayed in. $276 a night and two people could not pass each other on the room. When you got out of shower you were touching wash basin Horrible but clean
3 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
georgia
"hip (but aged) and central, but not wonderful"
Fantastic location, especially if you are going to the Moscone Center. On the other hand, it's dark, a little dingy and although it is totally capable of being turned into an "Ace Hotel NYC" space, it hasn't had the renovations, etc to make it a possibility. My room had a broken AC that leaked on the floor - when I complained, they sent someone to 'fix it' but there was no offer to move me out of a room with a wet carpet.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
L
"Hot in San Francisco"
The hotel staff were very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. We were on the 5th floor facing Powell and it was noisy, but the windows were old too. It has climate control air which would have been okay, but it was very hot during our visit. It was easy access to and from the airport by taking BART. Many reviews talk about the homeless, but San Francisco has the most homeless people in the US so they are everywhere. It was a great location and close to everything (Chinatown, North Beach (Italy), Theatre District).
3 night business trip Sep 6, 2015