All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America

Bad internet service
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Everything was GRRRRREEATTT!!!!"
This was my second stay at the Pickwick Hotel. It was just like the first time I stayed, GREAT!! It was my vacation and to take in a couple of San Francisco Giants games. I enjoyed the stay greatly. The room was clean, comfortable and safe. The area was the same. The hotel staff was very kind and accommodating. I had forgot to pack by bathrobe. I spoke with someone at the front desk and it was taken care of immediately. The hotel is in the middle of everything. I took sightseeing tour and had a blast. I plan on staying there again whenever I go to see the Giants play or just to take a break from a hectic work schedule.
4 night trip Apr 6, 2016
Gechall
"No Smoke Detector, Bad Service"
I noticed that the smoke detector in my room had been covered by a plastic laundry bag. When I raised it with the front desk, they acted like they already knew about it and made no effort to resolve. I'm not sure if they put it there, or a previous guest did and they didn't notice. Either way, I'm not coming back again. I've stayed here maybe 6 times from 2014-2016. It's often the cheapest non-hostel option in Soma, which is something. But its not worth it to me anymore.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2016
Ian
"Careful selecting the Pickwick"
Room smelled of smoke, even though it is a non-smoking hotel, elevators did not work properly, walls are incredibly thin and the neighborhood in the area is incredibly questionable. On the positive, the Staff is very pleasant.
3 night business trip Mar 13, 2016
"Was there for the GDC 2016"
Stayed here for the GDC, great place. No frills, clean and A VERY COMFORTABLE BED ! Walking distance to Union Square and Mascone Center,,
2 night business trip Mar 12, 2016
Don
"Faded Elegance - Needs updating"
This hotel was outdated and a bit run down for the almost $500/night that I paid. Elevators were shoddy, no hot water, no storage for my toiletries in the bathroom and the loudest clamor in the wee hours outside the hotel at the backside due to garbage pickup or something.
3 night business trip Feb 29, 2016
"Perfect location"
The room was small but perfectly adequate for one person or a couple. Modern conveniences in a charming older hotel. There was a refrigerator, in-room safe and updated, comfortable bedding. The location is amazing and made it easy for me to attend my meeting and enjoy the nearby mall and restaurants.
2 night business trip Mar 3, 2016
"Much nicer than expected"
The Pickwick had everything a hotel should have. Valet parking is extremely expensive ($45 or $60 depending on car size) and streets can be noisy. Noise level is no fault of the hotel's but something to keep in mind if you're a light sleeper or just want silence. Also, do not judge the hotel by the service at the adjacent bar downstairs. They can be rude and strict (they would not allow us to take our drink back to the room because we paid happy hour prices. If we wanted to go up, they would then charge us full price. Really?) but again, no fault of the hotel.
3 night business trip Feb 24, 2016
Felix
"That overbearing old hotel..."
It's understood that the building is old. The kind of old where, if there was a hole in the molding, years and years of painting over it has pretty much filled it in. That kind of old. That said, visual touch ups/maintenance was not on the list - which leads to bad first impression. Second, the cleaning staff was very good at constantly inquiring on we were going to check out. It was so much fun, that the rest of the hotel got in on it...and locked us out of our room (well before the check out time). I felt like I was a teenager at home again...SMH. Yeah, there are better places to stay in the surrounding area...
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
Came for a sudden unexpected overnight trip to visit family member in the hospital so this hotel was a last minute pick. Got to the room very late at night and the staff was wonderful, left early next morning so not a long enough stay to really check out all the facilities.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2016
Carrie
Only stayed for one night for a concert. Older but still a nice hotel with historical features. Staff was friendly too
1 night trip Feb 4, 2016
The bed was VERY uncomfortable
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2016
Nicole
"money well spent"
loved every moment of it! the convenience! the friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
The Pickwick hotel
"Comfy older hotel"
The hotel was basically what I expected. An older hotel but pleasant room friendly and helpful staff.for some the frequent sirens might be annoying but i found them exciting and contributing to the big city feeling. The staff were especially helpful arranging a ride to my next destination.
4 night trip Dec 25, 2015
Fred S
"Good second stay"
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a little small, but fine for two people spending most of their time out in the city. The hotel is very conveniently located for shopping and eating out, especially if you don't mind walking a few blocks. This was our second time staying at the Pickwick, and we likely will be back.
5 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
Tracy
"Comfortable"
My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. It is located as close as it gets to downtown, that was amazing! We were able to walk to most places but also public transportation was within a few feet. Our room was overall cleaned but once we decided to move the curtains, we found a lot of dust and even an empty box that should've been trashed. It was comfortable. We couldn't get running hot water when we arrived but we let it slide. The next day in the morning, there was no hot water again. I called guests services and I was told that I needed to let it run for 10 min before we could get hot water. Really? Isn't California in a drought? All they could say was, "it's an old building, there's nothing else we can do". It is an old building indeed in need of major upgrades! During the day, the neighborhood was good. At night, my wife was somewhat concerned with our safety especially because of our baby. There are too many mentally ill people!
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Jose Luis
Room clean, hot water takes a while, parking lot is expensive but you can get something cheaper out of the hotel. Restaurant is good, very close to shopping, restaurant. Homeless outside the hotel but they don't bother you and is San Francisco you see them everywhere.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
Evelyn
They failed to mention that there was a $46 parking fee on their website
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
"Nothing fancy but a good value."
Central location. Close to shopping and night life. Underground parking. Small room. Good value for a quick overnight in SF.
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2015
Convenient location for business meetings and after hours, walls too thin/heard neighbors
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
Great place to stay if you need a place to sleep for the night. Parking garage was convenient. Only drawback was that water heater wasn't working and had to take a really cold shower the morning of checkout.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
"Nice hotel in a great area."
I stayed at the Pickwick as I was attending a conference nearby and wanted a hotel within walking distance. The room was nice, but small. The bed was comfortable, but not amazing. The shower did not have cold water in the morning as I presume too many people were showering at the same time. That was disappointing.
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
"Tepid. Underwhelmed."
No water pressure for shower. Water temperature was luke warm. During morning shower, 1 minute in it went from luke warm to ice cold.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
"No hot water"
No hot water, staff overwhelmed, poor managenent, rude to guests. If you can't find a better place to stay...get a new app
"Bleah"
The hot water heater broke, which sucked. They said they'd give us a 20% discount, but I have yet to see a refund.
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2015
Rajiv
"OK for a short trip."
Room has a very old A/C system. Heating was making a cranking sound like the pipes gonna burst. * Room was clean enough. * All pillow provided are hard pillows. * Instant Coffee machine was a good plus. * Hotel location is good but on a busy street so it's very loud, and you can hear traffic noise.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
"Stay away from this hotel."
The hotel is really old and is begging for some renovation. The bathroom door of our room kept getting stuck and we were afraid we might break the door with frustration. The bed made a sound everytime I turned.
1 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
Abhishek
"Will Pick Pickwick again!"
Booked this hotel for 1 night to attend the SF Car Show at nearby Moscone Center and have a nice night out in the city. Staff was friendly upon arrival and provided us with a comfortable corner room with great city and hill views. Windows could be opened which allowed us to enjoy fresh air and sounds of the city. King Bed was comfy and clean. Nice big tub, Bath & Body products and free Keurig coffee were a plus. Minor problem with water taking a while to get hot in the sink but the shower was fine. Great bar downstairs with happy hour every day and a ton of restaurants within walking distance made our stay highly enjoyable!
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Veronica
"Good base for business in Union Square"
It was a comfortable stay for a quick business trip. Be prepared to wait on the elevator and for the small bathroom. It is a good value for the location and the staff was always friendly and helpful.
4 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
"Disappointing Stay"
The hotel is showing age. The elevators weren't functioning properly during a majority of our stay. They would take you to the wrong floor or not work at all. The hot water also cut out during our stay and was out for the day. The staff didn't seem to be concerned about these problems and dismissed our complaints. The hotel is located just south of the Tenderloin in San Francisco. The homeless population has started to bleed over into this area of town. We witnessed one man masterbating in an alley. We went the other way and he started following us. Didn't feel safe at all. The restaurant Soma and the Cafe next door were both good places to eat. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient each day. The wireless had a strong signal in the room and was reliable. Several movie channels were available on the TV. Room was smaller than anticipated but it felt cozy after a day or two. The bed was uncomfortable as well.
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
Justin
"Fine if you like cold showers."
The room was not particularly tidy and there wes NO hot water. We repeatedly called the front desk and the response was "oh sorry" no timeline, no urgency, no real care.Feel completely ripped off for the price.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2015
Alice
"A one night stand in SF land"
Efficient friendly staff. elevator was a bit quirky. Had to take the stairs from the 6th floor twice.
1 night trip Nov 19, 2015
Not Provided
"Very late internet, bad cleaniness"
Very late internet, bad cleaniness, unkind staff. Terrible fitness center. Except the location, I will not recommend this hotel to you.
Other trip Nov 23, 2015
"Better then I thought!"
Was a 1 night stay for a company party. This hotel turned out to be really nice! I wish it was a little bit cheaper since I was only staying one night. But its right in the heart of SOMA. Union square is 2 blocks away.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2015
Court
Very close to my office. But elevators are old and takes for ever, and everything else is very old. Rooms are small and lot of noise from outside especially fire trucks. Still might pick this one as it is convenient and everything else is more expensive than this one.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2015
"Nice hotel, ok service."
It was a nice hotel and people were friendly, but the services wasn't great. I would ask for items and they would say its on the way and I would never receive it. For example, hand towels, etc.
6 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
"two night stay"
Bed was too hard and noisy just from rolling over. The TV channels poor quality as in reception. The air turning off and on was a loud bang. Water pressure during shower kept going up and down or the pipes made a groaning sound. There was a parking garage but it was $60 A NIGHT. The rooms were small, which had a bigger impact on a big guy like me. The elevators were half the size of a regular elevator and kept stopping on floors when no one was there.
Other trip Nov 8, 2015
Clinton
"Toot Suite"
The lady behind the front desk was amazing, at first she gave my boyfriend and myself a terrible double bed room. We went down stairs and asked for a king size room. She accidently sent us to a room that was already occupied, to make it up to us she upgraded us to the executive suite on the top floor for no extra cost. I would definitely stay there again, just not in a double room. Cables were exposed and there were crackes in the ceiling and walls, very small bathrooms and only about 20 channels to choose from.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
"Alright . . ."
The hotel staff wasn't the best - a little grumpy and abrasive. I disliked the very late check-in (3PM) as we had a conference at noon. Other than that, the hotel was fine.
2 night business trip Oct 30, 2015
Anna
"Not my first choice"
The room was old and had odor. Ac didn't work very well. No room service. Will never stay again.
3 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
Okay for an overnight stay.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
"Bldg causes cancer, -10 star hotel, moved 3x"
It was absolutely terrible. I was in town for the Nike Half marathon and checked in on Friday afternoon. We had to move rooms he first night because of a leaking sink. Then on Saturday night we had to move again BC of drilling sounds that the piping made! It sounded like construction in my bathroom! They said it was from the rooms on that end of the building that caused the noise anytime someone in another room used hot water!!! I stayed in a different room every night. The customer service was great when having to move and requesting another room. But the hotel is old, the rooms are super old, there is absolutely no padding on that mattress! And the size was ridiculously small! I wish I would've booked the travel lodge for $99/night, I probably would've been more comfortable!!! I don't recommend this to anyone! Oh and the building has a sign in the basement floor that says the hotel has chemicals that are known to cause cancer!!!! I want my money back! This needs to be disclosed in a very apprentice place so the customer knows whether or not they voluntarily want to expose themselves to that!
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
"Good stay!"
Hotel was good. I needed a place to stay one night on my own dime and this worked well. I was a little nervous staying in a room alone in an unfamiliar neighborhood but it was totally fine. I slept well and felt comfortable. I would not recommend walking around the neighborhood late at night but otherwise totally fine.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
"Convenient location"
The hotel staff were very nice. The hotel needs some updating, room was ok. Great location for shopping and food. Price is high like most cities. Parking garage next to hotel which is convenient, easy in and out. Lots of vagrants in the surrounding area, but that's San Francisco's issue not the hotels.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2015
Only stayed for 1 night. The room was very nice and clean. There were a lot of outside noise and the bed was very noisy you cannot get up without waking up the person sleeping next to you. The hotel's location is convenient to many places. Overall I would stay here again for the clean rooms and friendly staff.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
Hotel needs to be updated and overhauled. Staff not the most attentive.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Good worth for the money"
This place is not bad, given how hard it is to find a reasonable hotel in central SF that is not crazy expensive. Terrible neighbourhood and a bit of a shabby overall look, but the room was okay, clean and just fine for a two night work trip.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Gabriel
The hotel was merely "adequate," and not worth the price. I know San Francisco is expensive, but this could have been much better...
4 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
"Easy location."
We had a wedding in the city (soma) and didn't want to risk driving. Hotel is in a convient location and the rate was good. overall it was a very pleasant stay; the staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Lori
"Go Giants!"
God times at a very centrally located hotel! Awesome customer service!
1 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2015
Curtis
Unfriendly desk staff and bad Parkin situation
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015