All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
85 5th St, San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great spot and great amenities!"
Thrown was great! The air conditioning and the fridge were the reason I chose the Hotel and the ambiance was perfect! Can't wait to come back!!
4 night trip Feb 15, 2015
Teresa
"Nice hotel close to Union Square"
We spent only one night in hotel. The hotel location is very good. It's close to the Powell street cable car and Westfield shopping center. Union square is also not far. The staff were pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable, but a bit small and the bathroom was also small. We got the room at about a 30% discount and it was worth it, but I don't think it's worth it's full price.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Pickwick"
It was not what I thought it was going to be got two beds instead of just one but at no extra charge. I would come back and stay again it was in a great place too.
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Bethany
"Old Hotel but Great Location"
We had a flight cancellation and had to find a room in town with short notice. We were able to get a room booked at the Pickwick that day but when we got in to the room we quickly noted that the room/hotel was very old and badly in need of renovations and updates to available amenities. The bathroom was extremely small with a bathtub in the corner with the coating in the bottom peeled off and the room was roughly painted with the original windows being covered with new ones but that were not sealed or installed properly. On the other side, the staff was very nice and the location was close to the Westfield Center and other great spots in the surrounding area. This hotel needs a lot of TLC before I could even begin to consider referring it to friends, family or returning again for another stay.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Nelson
"This hotel doesn't honor hotels.com reservations"
I didn't get to stay. Faster receiving confirmation email from hotels.com 2 days before we were given the rudest run around and told they would not honor our reservation because they were already overbooked. We were stranded and had to pay double for a last minute room on valentines day weekend.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Review"
The room was clean. The bed was comfortable.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Great value
2 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
Samuel B
"Review"
I stayed 2 nights at The Pickwick. The location was awesome located in the heart of downtown. The staff was friendly for the most part. My 1st day I left to explore the city and passed the house maid in the hallway. She noticed I had a "do not disturb" tag on my room door. She was very demanding that she clean my room. I told her several time that it wasn't necessary but she insisted. After a firm "no" she stopped asking. The fire sprinkler in my room had a constant drip that wet the carpet tremendously. Overall it was a good stay and for the location and amount I paid for my stay I would stay again.
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
"Great Location!"
Great Location! We really enjoyed our stay.
2 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
"Good price for a good hotel."
Good price for a good hotel. Nothing fancy, but the hotel is located in a great place near lots of business in SoMa. Room was comfortable and the bathroom was fine.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Adam
I enjoyed the room, but as soon as you walked out the hotel door it was just not nice.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"I would recommend it."
The room was clean and comfortable. Check in was quick and friendly.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Loren
"Centrally located not luxury but nice!"
Staff was accommodating, room was clean. Definitely a historic hotel. Street noise to be expected staying on 5th and mission. Adjacent room noise can be heard through the antique wood doors connecting rooms. Bed comfortable, bathroom small but adequate. Overall nice experience.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Netfern
"Nice older hotel."
Nice older hotel. Not far from Union Square. Hotel is going through some renovations but this doesn't affect the overall experience. Staff was helpful.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Great Hotel, convenient to all San Francisco shopping, clean, friendly, great water presser!
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Sheila
"Pickwick downtown SF - good value for the money."
Nice enough place, rooms are kind of small but ok. It is an older building, and is downtown. It is not luxury, but quite comfortable and convenient to most of downtown SF and BART. It is a little cheaper than some of the other hotels in the area, and I think it is a good value - I would stay there again.
2 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Timothy
"convenient location - good value during convention"
The check-in was fine, and I got a quieter room on an upper floor.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Jimmy
"Decent hotel - very close to convention center"
Hotel is OK. Insist on a room off the main street. Rooms are small but OK. Restaurant next door is just OK.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Cool building, poor services and front desk. O"
The parking was insane! The front desk poorly communicated the location of the parking which resulted in me driving around the block way to many times. $40/day for parking. Once I got past that frustration, it was a great place. Old Victorian style with a lot of character. The bed was awesome too. Super close to fun stuff...walking distance. But for the price of the room, they should give all guests free breakfast.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
Our room was very spacious by SF standards and very clean. The hotel is well situated (1/2 block from Westfield Mall). The only reservation is the noise level. We were on the 8th floor across from the old federal building and I heard sirens throughout the night (maybe sound proof windows could help this situation for these rooms. Restaurant next door is quite handy for grabbing a quick meal.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Claire
"Close to everything"
It was great hotel and overall close to all the clubs and close to market street
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"great location"
Great location. Get an "inside" room. It's a lot quieter. Jaquie at the front desk took really good care of me and I will be back
3 night trip Jan 4, 2015
Greg
"Stay at Pickwick"
This hotel is definitely older, but the room was very clean and felt more updated than the common areas. Free wifi and desk area was great. Bed was very comfortable and I loved the small workout room to do some stretching in the morning. When staying downtown, I prefer this relatively quiet street to the busier streets closer to union square. I travel to SF frequently for business and I will definitely stay here again.
2 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Carrie
"Put this one on the list when staying in SF"
Overall the room was very clean, modern, and nicely refurbished. We had a great corner room with views, although slightly limited by nearby buildings. The only reason I rated room comfort down, was the size of the room was small, so not much room for our suitcases, etc. Bed was excellent. Location was very central which is a huge plus. We were only here 1 night, but our greeting was pleasant with a smooth check in. For an older hotel, I was happy that the elevators were efficient, and we didn't wait long, even going to the 8th floor. We will return.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"comfortable and great location"
My second stay there and still happy about it. Great location, a couple of minutes from BART and other downtown transportations and many shops. The room was comfortable and nicely furnished, with coffee machine. The restaurant next door is convenient.
2 night trip Dec 26, 2014
Annie
"Big beds but small bathroom"
In general the room is quiet and comfortable. The beds are big and there is even a closet for clothes. There is a coffee machine, an alarm which we can use as a speaker to play music. The only thing we didn't like is the bathroom. It is way too small especially the shower area.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Central location, outdated"
Overall recommendable; central location, however the neighborhood to the south doesn't feel safe, so don't walk from the Cal train to the hotel. Room was overall comfortable and spacious, not very clean though.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Meh"
The Bed sheets were not changed and there was used shampoo and trashed lefts in the room. Hotel is pretty old and rooms are small. The good is that it is downtown although It will be very loud outside all night. The Morning front desk person offered to take of $20 since we had to call the night before for them to bring up new sheets(which did not fit the mattress). Hotel is old, our door did not close smoothly. I would not recommend unless maybe it is new years and you are able to get an extremely good deal.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"A Weekend Getaway"
The location was great and the service were great. The room was a little small, but that's SF. Next time I visit SF I will be staying at this hotel.
2 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
Lizette
"Decent."
We came to stay in SF for the weekend and it was a decent hotel. It is very old and under construction in the hallways but the main lobby looks a lot more pleasant. The rooms have this old feeling and smell but to be honest for the purpose of our trip it was ok. I know hotels in SF are pricey so for what I paid to sleep, shower - it was good enough. The location is cool, it's around everything so the accessibility to the shops and stuff was definitely a plus.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Great location but property is a bit out-dated"
Enjoyed the location in the heart of San Francisco, overall a good deal. The rooms looked ok, but fixtures and beds seemed worn, they probably need new mattresses. Also there was some loud sounds in the morning, that sounded like the HVAC system. Not a big deal, but it might bother some people. Overall I would still stay again.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Comfortable room with historic charm"
Although hotel is dated and in definite need of a refresh (please do NOT remove the period detail) it was a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. Hotel staff is AMAZING as they were ALL very friendly and accommodating. In fact, there was a huge storm rolling in so I opted to take an earlier flight home. Upon checkout (I checked out well after the posted check out time) on-site management mentioned that I would not be charged for an extra night's stay. Bottom line - I would DEFINITELY consider this hotel for my next business travel needs while in San Francisco.
4 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
Brandy
""I'll stick with Pickwick...""
Great room! Very clean and tidy. Built for two. Bed was a bit hard but everything else outweighed that. Convenient location. Across from parking structure. The Staff was great. The old style atmosphere was reminiscent of an era gone by. The Bar & Grill adjacent the lobby was excellent:opens at 6 a.m. closes late. I have stayed in other Hotels in San Francisco for more and got less for the price. I'll stick with Pickwick from now on!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Al
"Nice comfortable room."
Nice place. Outdated, but a reasonably nice place.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
"More like 2 stars...not 3"
Rooms are clean, price is generally low, location is ideal, but hotel and rooms are really old and dated. All the way down to the industrial flush handle on the toilet in my bathroom. Shower had no water pressure....grrrrr. Also, none of the staff ever said hello, smiled or so much as acknowledged me if I didn't talk to them first. I know hotels.com gives Pickwick 3 stars, but it is really a solid 2 star hotel.
4 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Older hotel in great location"
Great location - so close to business and shopping districts.
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Old-Fashioned Hotel across from the old U.S. Mint"
Booked through Expedia. Check in a breeze. Needed to switch rooms and got a top floor corner room with a view (725). This Hotel has old-fashioned open-out (swing) windows and many no longer can be fully closed and/or locked. The rooms do have noise-reducing inside windows that lock, but the configuration makes it difficult to open/close the outer windows on both sides. I was not too bothered by the street/city noise. I slept well. With a corner room, the bathroom was bright with a wall of frosted glass. Shower had instant hot water and was refreshing (old iron tub, tiled floors). The restaurant/bar was very good. I ate dinner there both nights. Burger was good but undercooked (mine was the last order, at 10 pm). They serve American and Mediterranean food, as well as pizza (which the guy sitting near me said was very good ... he ordered a second one to go). I had the Mezze plate -- falafel, spanakopita, hummus, dolmas, pita -- all very tasty. I would definitely order it again. And the extended-hours (3-8) Happy Hour $3 Trumer Pils (Berkeley) beers went great with my dinner. Conveniently close to Powell Street BART/Muni station, Westfield shopping mall (Bloomingdale’s gives out-of-towners a 10% discount -- Corey in Handbags helped me find the perfect navy bag), Yerba Buena Gardens, Marriott, and Moscone. Less than six blocks to Union Square. Would I stay here again? Yes, if the price was right. With two major conventions in town, I paid $960 with taxes
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Sheila
"Would definitely consider coming back."
Nice old hotel. Clean room and bathroom. Bathroom small compared to newer places. Good toiletries. Convenient location, overnight and day parking. Restaurants nearby.
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
patricia
Location, Location, Location
3 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Darren
"Great location to everything, verynicehotel"
We had a great time staying at your hotel Mahalo and ALOHA...
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Good Value, Cute Character"
Extremely thoughtful staff! Cute hotel with a ton of character in a busy but fun SF location. We were able to stay in an "updated" room, so unsure about the condition of standard room. In our opinion, it was a great value and would certainly return.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Pickwick stay"
The staff was very nice and attentive to our needs. The room was warm and there is no way to control the temperature. Nice to have two closets. Coffee was good.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"good hotel"
Great location for work and play
2 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
I was there for the week of Thanksgiving and to attend the auto show. The location was so very convenient I could walk to everything. The Moscone Center, Westfield Shopping Center, movie theater, and plenty of great restaurants all within blocks. The staff was prompt cleaning the room and the front desk was very helpful.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
johnnya
"okay"
This hotel is okay. We were in town for a conference at the Marriott so it was a good location for that. But, it was pretty run down and in worse condition than we expected. Service was pretty minimal. The gym wasn't bad, but there were no towels or water fountain. The lady at the front desk looked at me like I was crazy when I asked where those things were. I'd say this is pretty bare bones.
3 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
Shayne
"Better looking from the outside"
The hotel is located centrally (a block away from Powell St) and looks appealing from the outside. However the rooms are disappointing. Everything looks old: the room, the closets and bathroom. The cable for the TV seems clearly added on later and shows poor workmanship. The wifi was most disappointing. It kept dropping and the d/w rates were very poor. I'd not recommend this place. Not for the price (which seems excessive given the quality) nor for location. There are plenty of other options.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Nice stay at the pickwick hotel"
I found the location to be one of the best amenities at the pickwick. This hotel really is in the center of everything. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It also had a great bar/restaurant with reasonable prices. We only stayed for 2 nights but the pickwick hotel provided for a nice getaway.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"a fair assessment"
All the essentials for a business stay. The bed however is old and worn and needs changing.
5 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
"Old and tiny"
Do not stay here. Spend more money and go somewhere else.
Hoffman
"Keep Your Expectations Low"
Surprised by indifferent front desk staff (except Jennifer). Room was in desperate need of repainting as there was at least 4 coats of paint on everything. Bed was uncomfortable. It felt like I was sleeping on a box spring and it sounded like it too. Walls are paper thin. You can hear everything in the surrounding rooms and hallway. Stayed for two nights. Not sure I'd return unless the rooms are updated and the front desk staff is better trained.
mrscbaldwin