All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
61 Gloucester Road, Kensington, London, England, SW7 4PE, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
    Bad internet service
    Uncomfortable
"Great Choice for First Trip to London"
The hotel was 1/2 block from the Tube and had great walkability to other sites in Kensington. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was a decent size for the price and I would the hotel highly.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Brenda, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! I am so thrilled to read that you took advantage of the location of the hotel. It's great to see our guests enjoy it as much as we do! Kind Regards Joanna Carruthers General Manager
5 night romance trip Dec 29, 2015
Brenda
Tiny room, but amazingly compact and very pretty. I had a lovely view and the neighborhood is very convenient.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2015
Aegina
"Great hotel in a central location"
Very pleased with Rydges Kensington. Room and hotel staff were very good, restaurant and Plot Bar were fine. Bank and Post Office across the street, short walk to Gloucester Road tube station, pubs, restaurants and grocery stores. Good central location, 20 minutes walk to Harrods.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear John, Thank you for the feedback. I am thrilled reading how much you enjoyed your stay here at Rydges. We hope to welcome you back in the future! Kind Regards, Joanna Carruthers General Manager
3 night trip with friends Dec 21, 2015
"Book this hotel for its location"
Room was nice but fairly small. Toiletries were included in the room which is rare in Europe. The location was great! It is across the street from the Gloucester Rd Tube stop so it was really easy to navigate around London. However, do not pay extra for the included breakfast. Not worth the extra money and very limited hours for breakfast, especially if you are getting an early start on your day!
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Carlos, Thank you for taking the time to send through your thoughts on your stay! It's great to see that our guests do notice and enjoy the small things we put in in order for their stay to be better. The location is a great feature of the hotel, and I am pleased reading that you took full advantage of this! See you again in the future! Kind Regards, Joanna Carruthers General Manager
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
Carlos
"Tiny Room"
Tiny room, never stay there again..
3 night business trip Nov 27, 2015
Clean, comfortable and priced right. Would stay there again. Tube is one block away. Very convenient. Great staff
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Ken, Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased that we satisfied you and your party. Kind regards, Briana Hill General Manager
2 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
Ken
"Nice Hotel But...."
Hotel was nice. We had reserved a King bed. When we got into our room the bed was really a Queen. We asked the front desk and they told us that a King bed in England is equal to a Queen in the U.S.?? I have been in LONDON 3 times before and never found this to be true. Bed was really soft. Bathroom while nice was super small and really hot.Hotel does have a good location. Could of been a bit less expensive.
7 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
edward
"Surprise at how nice"
My husband doesn't like to book through Expedia but I convinced him the savings were enough to take a risk. We were shocked and surprised at how nice and clean the hotel was as well as it's convenient location. We were in the basement level, which we were hesitant about, but as soon as we opened the door we loved it. Our room was not cramped, the bathroom was updated, and they even brought us a complimentary bottle of wine. The bed was the only thing that I didn't think was phenomenal (it sunk in the middle). The subway was less than two blocks away and there were many restaurants within easy walking distance. If we go back to London, this will definitely be a place we book again.
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
Katie
"Nice hotel near everything you would need"
The hotel was nice and quiet, great location; I would recommend this hotel. I am going to be a little picky here; the carpet should be replaced it was stained; the cleaning crew did not leave enough coffee & sugar each day; no top sheet on bed; as I said just being a little picky.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Thank you for your feedback, We are currently working with an external company in regards to having all carpet in the hotel professionally cleaned. I do apologies however, that this was not completed in your room prior to your stay. Kind Regards, Briana Hill General Manager
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
"Nice hotel very convenient location"
Hotel was very nice and comfortable. Well maintained. Laura at the front desk was exceptionally helpful providing many great suggestions for nearby restaurants. The tube station was only a block and a half away and had multiple different tube lines. Made getting places very easy.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Thank you for taking the time out to send us through your feedback. Laura our Front Office Manager, was so ecstatic reading this. She was so happy she was able to be such an influence on your holiday. Here's to having you stay with us again in the future. Kind Regards, Briana Hill General Manager
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
"Will absolutely stay here again"
Great Hotel, Great Service, Great Location.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Barry, Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are pleased you had a great time here with us in Kensington. We certainly are lucky to be located so close to such great attractions and to Gloucester Road tube station. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Kind regards, Briana Hill, General Manager.
4 night business trip Oct 19, 2015
Barry
Great location close to the tube, one block away. getting from Heathrow and back was getting from Heathrow and back was a really easy. London Bus tour stop right out front of the hotel. Walking distance to great food and shopping. staff was great and very helpful. Hotel rooms were modern and clean. I would stay there again
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
"Good hotel, avoid the restaurant"
Overall a great hotel to stay at and very accessible to transportation as an underground station (i.e. - subway) is right across the street. Hotel staff was very helpful. I was disappointed in the restaurant that is in the hotel though. The service in the restaurant was terrible and they added a mandatory 12.5% gratuity, which is offensive as every other restaurant in London doesn't require tipping like in America, at most 10% tip in other restaurants is considered generous and well received.
2 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Great location. Very Clean. Friendly, helpful staff.
7 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
"Pretty good hotel"
Really friendly bartender from Australia in the Polo Club bar. The room was very nice, but ours was located in the basement which was a disappointment. The proximity to the underground was fantastic. The maid sprayed cleaning solution in my contact case & left it there. Luckily it was blue & we returned soon after so I saw it.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Thank you Jennifer, I would like to ask who was your bartender as I would like to commend him. We have quiet a few Aussies that do work in the hotel, and the bar. I am so sorry for the inconvenience for being allocated to the lower ground floor. Being in London, it is a norm to have a lower ground floor in most buildings. Regrettably, when we are full, we need to allocate these rooms. We do try our hardest to avoid this, however at times it is unavoidable. That said, these rooms are of the same quality as all other rooms in the hotel. Kind Regards, Briana Hill General Manager
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Wifi was spotty in room 112. Had to sit by the door to get connected. Only negative of our stay.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Stanley, Firstly I want to thank you for taking out time to send through your feedback. I would like to pass on my deepest apologies for the WIFI service. We are currently working with our provider to ensure all guest rooms are receiving sufficient connectivity. I do apologise that this was not completed prior to your journey. Please inform me should your return to London as I would love to help you out! Kind regards, Briana Hill General Manager
3 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
stanley
"Great Value in London"
The hotel was perfect! Less than a city block from Gloucester Tube station. The neighborhood was nice, the hotel made our vacation perfect!
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Athena, Thank you so much for the amazing feedback. I am thrilled reading that we made your trip that little bit more enjoyable! Hopefully we welcome you back soon! Kind Regards, Briana Hill General Manager
7 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Athena
Wonderful staff and very clean
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled reading you enjoyed the hotel and our team here. We aim to satisfy every one of our guests. Kind Regards, Briana Hill General Manager
3 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
"Great stay, with a minor quibble"
Really solid, comfortable stay. Room was small, but expected for London, and nicely appointed. Location is convenient--half a block from tube stop, 24 hour Tesco Express, restaurants, etc., and a quick jaunt in to Hyde Park and the RCA. My only quibble is with the internet service. It's free, but spotty and slow, which makes staying here for business dicey.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Kimberley, Thank you for taking the time out to send us your thoughts on the hotel. It's great to read that you took advantage of the location of the hotel. It makes a holiday here so convenient! Hopefully we are able to welcome you back at some point! Kind Regards, Briana Hill General Manager
3 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
Kimberly
This was our second time in London and the accommodations were lovely. We had a triple, which is hard to get in London, and it had ample room with good amenities. Within a block from a tube station with lots of small breakfast places around.
3 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
Helen
"Great location!"
I usually stay in South Ken but decided to stay here - not too far. Very close to the Gloster Road Tube. Room was nice and big - hotel staff was ok. They broke my suitcase while storing it and brought me a replacement. I appreciated the offer but my bag was pretty new and much nicer than the cheap bag they brought me. At check out I asked them to just give me a credit toward my room stay instead. They gave me a $50 credit. Not great but wasn't worth the hassle to make a bigger deal.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
D
"Pleasant stay in a great location."
This hotel was recommended by friends, and seemed to hit the sweet spot between price and convenience. The location is great; with the Gloucester Road underground station just a half-block away, we were able to get to all our intended destinations very quickly and with a minimum of transfers. Two big selling points for me were the refundable rate and the availability of king-size beds. However, London was the last stop on a three-week trip, and my exhausted husband was disappointed by the size of our room when we checked in. He checked and saw that rates had dropped since we booked, went down to the desk, and asked if they had a larger room available. The staff were extremely accommodating and immediately moved us to a suite without further charge. While some of the furnishings showed some wear, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom nicely updated. All in all, it was a very pleasant stay in a conveniently located property.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Lenita, Thank you for sending us your thoughts on your stay with us. It's such a pleasure reading that you did enjoy your time with us! Lenita, I do apologise for the smaller rooms. All our rooms are of European standard, which are unfortunately smaller to those of the US, Asia and Australia. I am very pleased however, that the team here were able to accommodate your requests and desires to ensure your satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you return to London as we love to welcome back our guests. Kind regards, Briana Hill General Manager
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
Lenita
"Great family-friendly smallish hotel w/good food"
We stayed here for well over a week with a small child and were very happy with the hotel--rooms are a bit small but no worse than most others in central London at this price point. The hotel's restaurant The Jam Cupboard was consistently good and with a menu that appealed to one of us who is vegetarian, another who is an omnivore, and a child under 8. With a location just steps from a tube stop and bus line (the 74 bus goes to Baker Street and Regent's Park and stops lots of desirable places along the way) and just blocks from lots of museums (the Natural History Museum, Science Museum, V&A) it was perfect for us.
13 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Rebecca
Very nice stay, the room was clean. Room cleaning service came by everyday. The fitness room is small but has workout machines, weights and a mat. The location of the hotel is great as it is very close to the Gloucester Road underground station and there are restaurants around the station. Hyde park is in walking distance to the hotel as well
4 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Renee D
"Nice location, but felt more like a 3 star experie"
The Rydges was billed as a 4.5 star upscale hotel. It is in a good location, has some nice features (e.g. nice bathroom, flat screen tv, decent WiFi, etc), but overall felt to me more like a 3 star hotel than 4.5. Usually there was only 1 person manning the lobby - no concierge, bell staff, etc. It had 1 small elevator and very cramped halls with worn carpeting. Mattresses were a bit lumpy and worn. Overall it was not bad, but not 4.5 stars either.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Kensington Gem"
Nice hotel at a reasonable price for Central London. Extremely convenient to get around as the Tube is across the street. No need to take a cab from Heathrow. Rooms are small but well appointed. Beds are comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean as to be expected. WiFi is extremely slow but hotel staff said that is being upgraded in the next few weeks.
6 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
Ethan
"unimpressed"
Fair. Would avoid this hotel on a future visit and instead stay at the Millennium Kensington (which I avoided on this visit due to hotel refurbishment taking place). Tricky access up steps to hotel lobby which, with luggage, is a challenge even for a fit person! No valet/concierge service to assist and double doors which require manual opening add to the labour-intensive entrance to the Rydges hotel. A single, very small cup of tea on the morning of departure cost GBP3.50 which I find a tad expensive, even for London! Good location is about all I can offer as a positive comment for the hotel - and reception staff were friendly once you were able to get up the steps and through the doors to reach them!
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
JULIE
"Lovely place to stay."
Beautiful hotel in an upscale neighborhood very convenient to the Underground. The only issue was the thin walls and the noise from the adjoining room late into the night.
4 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Great location, close to pubic transport, nice size room, tiny bathroom
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Close to tube!"
Convenient area , close to tube. Very nice accommodations. The restaurant for breakfast was breaking in a new server who was not up to speed on what a la carte was or what was available. We liked accommodations a lot…even had a rubber mat for the shower! Thoughtful.
4 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Great as usual"
I spent multiple visits to this hotel. Great architecture, nice ample rooms. design, excellent breakfast
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"The hotel was nice but need some renovations."
The hotel was nice and comfortable. The rooms were very small but clean. The carpets are run down and smell old. The continental breakfast was ok and limited and if you want more foods, you have to pay. The women staff are friendly but the men are bit snub.
3 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Roy
"Well located London hotel"
It is very easy to go anywhere in London from this hotel as the tube stops are just a couple of blocks away. The neighborhood is lovely and many good restaurants nearby. The hotel has a very good breakfast with a good variety of food, though a bit expensive for the buffet and so we just ordered from the menu. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only suggestion for improvement would be that the rugs are a bit tired and could use a better cleaning.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Comfortable rooms and great staff"
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and location was good. The tube is one street over and there is a small market and several places to eat in a two block radius. The first floor rooms can be noisy so if you are a light sleeper, it's best to request a room on the fourth floor. Overall a good stay. If you can get a good rate that includes breakfast it would be well worth it.
7 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Nice rooms in a convenient location"
The room was large by London standards and very nice. The location near a tube stop, museums (V&A and science), restaurants and groceries made for an ideal stay.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
E.M.
"Good hotel for the price, nice neighbourhood."
Very nice hotel for the price in Kensington. Helpful front desk. Room was fine, could have been larger.
3 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Frances
Made reservations well in advance of stay. Got to hotel and was told (by an incredibly rude desk clerk) that there were plumbing issues with our room and he didn't have another. He made a reservation for us at a comparable hotel, but instead of offering a taxi or help with the bags, he said "It's only a few hundred meters from here. You can walk." That's with 2 large bags and 2 carryons...
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Valued Guest, Please accept our apologies for the delayed response. I am sincerely disheartened to read this review, and hear of your disappointment. We would sincerely appreciate if you could please contact our Front Office Manager to provide further detail, and discuss a future stay. We hope to hear to hear from you. Kind regards, Briana Hill, General Manager
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Great place to stay in London"
Stay was great. Hotel is located right next to shops/food and the underground. Hotel staff was great and the room was very nice. The only issue we had was the free wifi (so take it with salt) was very slow and un-usable at times. Since we were visiting from the US, the wifi was our only chance to communicate with folks back home.
3 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Stephen
"nice"
great location, convenient, clean room and nice staff. can be somewhat noisy at night because of the central location.
3 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Great location, modest room size, poor management"
This particular Rydges hotel is modest in size and comfort, but it has great location. If you haven’t in Europe, you will find the rooms extremely small, but they are actually about average for large cities. Expect about 2-3 feet clearance on the side of the beds and the need for some choreography to get by someone else in the room.The desk staff was efficient and helpful with directions and suggestions. The location is fantastic. Take the Piccadilly tube line directly from Heathrow to Gloucester Road and walk half a block to the hotel (you'll have to carry your bags up a flight of stairs in the station). Extremely fast, and you can get anywhere else in the city by tube very easily. Many pubs and restaurants of a wide variety are within two blocks. We particularly enjoyed the Hereford Arms, with upscale pub food and a great atmosphere. The hotel also has a restaurant and bar attached but we didn't try those. On the sour side, our room had no electrical outlets on the wall at the head of the bed. I need to plug in a medical device to sleep with and even its long cord did not reach the nearest outlet. When we asked at the desk for an extension cord, the night manager, in a "not-my-problem" no-eye-contact sort of way said they owned only one extension cord and it had already been given to another guest...no offer to help beyond that. So we spent our first night in London searching to buy a cord, rather than enjoying a pub or nearby walk in Kensington Gardens.
3 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Jeffrey
Room was fine and landmarks would be Kensington Palace / Park
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Great find."
Great location. Rooms were clean and new. Some other parts of the hotel could be updated--lobby and exterior. Underground literally 100 yards away.
4 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Catherine
"Great Location and Helpful Staff"
Great location!!! Just across the street from the underground station and a short walk to Hyde Park and Kensington Palace. The room was on the small side, but the bathroom was pretty big. The staff at the hotel are very nice and helpful too. Would definitely stay there again.
4 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Perfect location"
Perfect hotel in a perfectly safe neighborhood with restaurants and pubs. Only 10 minutes to downtown London on the Tube which has a station right there for convenience. Staff was great. Room sized right and priced right.
3 night family trip May 31, 2015
"A good middle-level choice in a fine area"
Good things: location is ideal, rooms clean and bed comfortable, service cordial and efficient, good Internet connection, overall good place. Less than ideal: bathroom lighting is bad if you want to shave or put on makeup, music in lobby is relentless and annoying and forces one out, hair dryer is tied to desk and therefore hard to use.
3 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"A great hotel for the price and location."
It was great. The rooms were furnished appropriately. The lobby was a biut shabby and would give you a false impression of the other amenities. On the whole, I am satisfied.
3 night trip May 23, 2015
Walter
"from NJ"
loved it. nice staff. small rooms but clean.
5 night family trip May 16, 2015
"london"
Hotel is in a great location, 2 minute walk to metro station, 12 restaurants within a 10 minute walk. Hotel is old, small rooms, very clean, very quiet. I would rate it no more than 3 stars. Hotel is expensive($200/night)for what you get, but London is a bit pricey. They offer a breakfast for 19 lbs. Same breakfast on the street adjacent is 5 lbs.
6 night romance trip May 17, 2015
linda
"A nice stay"
Although small in size, the room was designed well and beds very comfortable. The first morning we ate breakfast in the adjoining restaurant called The Jam Jar. After our continental meal the server told us to call the front desk and have them put our name on the list and we would save half off our meal. Naturally we did this the remainder of our week stay. I think the front staff could have told us about the savings when we checked in. However, the staff was pleasant and helpful. There is a bus stop steps from the front door of the hotel for city and hop on hop off buses. The tube is 1 block way and multiple restaurants and grocery stores all around.
4 night romance trip May 4, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Excellent location! Very close to tube station with three lines, so getting around London is easy. Room was clean with a very nice walk-in shower and comfortable bed. Several very good restaurants within walking distance as well as a couple of patisseries for easy and good breakfasts. Friendly and helpful staff.
6 night romance trip May 14, 2015