All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
61 Gloucester Road, Kensington, London, England, SW7 4PE, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Kensington Gem"
Nice hotel at a reasonable price for Central London. Extremely convenient to get around as the Tube is across the street. No need to take a cab from Heathrow. Rooms are small but well appointed. Beds are comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean as to be expected. WiFi is extremely slow but hotel staff said that is being upgraded in the next few weeks.
6 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
Ethan
"unimpressed"
Fair. Would avoid this hotel on a future visit and instead stay at the Millennium Kensington (which I avoided on this visit due to hotel refurbishment taking place). Tricky access up steps to hotel lobby which, with luggage, is a challenge even for a fit person! No valet/concierge service to assist and double doors which require manual opening add to the labour-intensive entrance to the Rydges hotel. A single, very small cup of tea on the morning of departure cost GBP3.50 which I find a tad expensive, even for London! Good location is about all I can offer as a positive comment for the hotel - and reception staff were friendly once you were able to get up the steps and through the doors to reach them!
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
JULIE
"Lovely place to stay."
Beautiful hotel in an upscale neighborhood very convenient to the Underground. The only issue was the thin walls and the noise from the adjoining room late into the night.
4 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Close to tube!"
Convenient area , close to tube. Very nice accommodations. The restaurant for breakfast was breaking in a new server who was not up to speed on what a la carte was or what was available. We liked accommodations a lot…even had a rubber mat for the shower! Thoughtful.
4 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"The hotel was nice but need some renovations."
The hotel was nice and comfortable. The rooms were very small but clean. The carpets are run down and smell old. The continental breakfast was ok and limited and if you want more foods, you have to pay. The women staff are friendly but the men are bit snub.
3 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Roy
"Well located London hotel"
It is very easy to go anywhere in London from this hotel as the tube stops are just a couple of blocks away. The neighborhood is lovely and many good restaurants nearby. The hotel has a very good breakfast with a good variety of food, though a bit expensive for the buffet and so we just ordered from the menu. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only suggestion for improvement would be that the rugs are a bit tired and could use a better cleaning.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Comfortable rooms and great staff"
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and location was good. The tube is one street over and there is a small market and several places to eat in a two block radius. The first floor rooms can be noisy so if you are a light sleeper, it's best to request a room on the fourth floor. Overall a good stay. If you can get a good rate that includes breakfast it would be well worth it.
7 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Good hotel for the price, nice neighbourhood."
Very nice hotel for the price in Kensington. Helpful front desk. Room was fine, could have been larger.
3 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Frances
"Great place to stay in London"
Stay was great. Hotel is located right next to shops/food and the underground. Hotel staff was great and the room was very nice. The only issue we had was the free wifi (so take it with salt) was very slow and un-usable at times. Since we were visiting from the US, the wifi was our only chance to communicate with folks back home.
3 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Stephen
"nice"
great location, convenient, clean room and nice staff. can be somewhat noisy at night because of the central location.
3 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Great location, modest room size, poor management"
This particular Rydges hotel is modest in size and comfort, but it has great location. If you haven’t in Europe, you will find the rooms extremely small, but they are actually about average for large cities. Expect about 2-3 feet clearance on the side of the beds and the need for some choreography to get by someone else in the room.The desk staff was efficient and helpful with directions and suggestions. The location is fantastic. Take the Piccadilly tube line directly from Heathrow to Gloucester Road and walk half a block to the hotel (you'll have to carry your bags up a flight of stairs in the station). Extremely fast, and you can get anywhere else in the city by tube very easily. Many pubs and restaurants of a wide variety are within two blocks. We particularly enjoyed the Hereford Arms, with upscale pub food and a great atmosphere. The hotel also has a restaurant and bar attached but we didn't try those. On the sour side, our room had no electrical outlets on the wall at the head of the bed. I need to plug in a medical device to sleep with and even its long cord did not reach the nearest outlet. When we asked at the desk for an extension cord, the night manager, in a "not-my-problem" no-eye-contact sort of way said they owned only one extension cord and it had already been given to another guest...no offer to help beyond that. So we spent our first night in London searching to buy a cord, rather than enjoying a pub or nearby walk in Kensington Gardens.
3 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Jeffrey
"Great find."
Great location. Rooms were clean and new. Some other parts of the hotel could be updated--lobby and exterior. Underground literally 100 yards away.
4 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Catherine
"Great Location and Helpful Staff"
Great location!!! Just across the street from the underground station and a short walk to Hyde Park and Kensington Palace. The room was on the small side, but the bathroom was pretty big. The staff at the hotel are very nice and helpful too. Would definitely stay there again.
4 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Perfect location"
Perfect hotel in a perfectly safe neighborhood with restaurants and pubs. Only 10 minutes to downtown London on the Tube which has a station right there for convenience. Staff was great. Room sized right and priced right.
3 night family trip May 31, 2015
"A good middle-level choice in a fine area"
Good things: location is ideal, rooms clean and bed comfortable, service cordial and efficient, good Internet connection, overall good place. Less than ideal: bathroom lighting is bad if you want to shave or put on makeup, music in lobby is relentless and annoying and forces one out, hair dryer is tied to desk and therefore hard to use.
3 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"A great hotel for the price and location."
It was great. The rooms were furnished appropriately. The lobby was a biut shabby and would give you a false impression of the other amenities. On the whole, I am satisfied.
3 night trip May 23, 2015
Walter
"from NJ"
loved it. nice staff. small rooms but clean.
5 night family trip May 16, 2015
"london"
Hotel is in a great location, 2 minute walk to metro station, 12 restaurants within a 10 minute walk. Hotel is old, small rooms, very clean, very quiet. I would rate it no more than 3 stars. Hotel is expensive($200/night)for what you get, but London is a bit pricey. They offer a breakfast for 19 lbs. Same breakfast on the street adjacent is 5 lbs.
6 night romance trip May 17, 2015
linda
"A nice stay"
Although small in size, the room was designed well and beds very comfortable. The first morning we ate breakfast in the adjoining restaurant called The Jam Jar. After our continental meal the server told us to call the front desk and have them put our name on the list and we would save half off our meal. Naturally we did this the remainder of our week stay. I think the front staff could have told us about the savings when we checked in. However, the staff was pleasant and helpful. There is a bus stop steps from the front door of the hotel for city and hop on hop off buses. The tube is 1 block way and multiple restaurants and grocery stores all around.
4 night romance trip May 4, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Excellent location! Very close to tube station with three lines, so getting around London is easy. Room was clean with a very nice walk-in shower and comfortable bed. Several very good restaurants within walking distance as well as a couple of patisseries for easy and good breakfasts. Friendly and helpful staff.
6 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"Great location!"
You're close to some great food places, Harrod's and other shops, the museums and smack dab in the middle of the wealthy neighborhood of Kensington.
2 night business trip May 13, 2015
"3-days in London"
This location is perfect to see London. The local bus stop and hop-on hop-off stop is right in front. The neighborhood is very high end and apparently safe. It is mostly residential with some local stores and restaurants. You do not have to go off of Gloucester Street to find good food, pubs and supplies. Hyde Park is just a few blocks away as are the science and natural history museums. Some high end shopping can be found within a few blocks walking distance. A perfect location. We will use it again when we return for a longer stay. By-the-way, there are a number of embassies too in the local neighborhood.
3 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Kurt
"Fine hotel in a fine location"
I chose this hotel because it was right at a station on the Piccadilly line, and that was convenient for my meetings and to both Gatwick and Heathrow. I've stayed in the Gloucester Road neighborhood before and have been pleased with the selection and quality of nearby restaurants. The front desk had some recommendations, and they were laudable. The room was large and had plenty of electrical sockets, overcoming a frequent problem in European hotels. The bathroom was also large, with a good shower. The cleaning crew did an excellent job each day. The in-room wi-fi was pretty good. I did not have breakfast in the hotel.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Travelbuff44 Thank you for taking the time to complete this review for our hotel. I am happy to hear that you found the housekeeping staff great and that they did a great job everyday in cleaning your room for you. We are in such a good location, as you mentioned, so close to the tube station where you have easy access to 3 different lines. But also the surrounding area is also great, so close to so many different restaurants, where you can enjoy sampling the different types of cuisine. We hope that we will see you again at Rydges Kensington Kind Regards Briana Hill General Manager
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Travelbuff44
"Good apartment for 2 (3) small people w/o luggage."
Good location. Apartment is clean but very small. No room for luggage. Very little for people. Nice bathroom and toiletries. AC is very loud.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Guest! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are in a great location, so near to a lot of sight seeing opportunities, as well as so close to the tube station. I'm happy to hear that you liked the nice bathroom and the great toiletries. We hope to see you again. Kind Regards Briana Hill General Manager
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Not bad would return"
Enjoyed Hotel for the most part. The Restaurant was good as they have a package deal for courses. The hotel is a bit old you can tell from the many doors and creeking in floors. You can definitely hear guest that are in floor above you. The bed was comfortable. They have very good electronics in the room. Only issue was with billing, had to call and email them to get my bill. Issue is need for expense report. Maybe they should have a way to retrieve online without having to make international call to resolve.
4 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
Wonderful hotel and great friendly staff. Though inexpensive the room was on par with W hotels I have stayed in. Thumbs way up.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Terence, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We take great pride in having such friendly staff working within the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. Sincerely, Briana Hill  General Manager
2 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2015
Terence
"Location, Great staff & comfortable"
Three night stay with my 2 adult children, 24 & 20. King suite was roomy & comfortable. Bed was very nice, sofa bed could've been better. Prime location near Tube station. Good proximity to many tourist destinations. Katrina at Polo Club was great. Front desk staff were efficient & accommodating. Overall, quite pleased.
3 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
"graet hotel great location"
thank you! it was great there already my second time
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Osi, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of you stay with us. We hope to see you again soon Kind Regards Briana Hill General Manager
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
osi
"Excellent location w/ lovely fittings & kind team"
As they say, "location is 'everything" especially when visiting a big city like London. Rydges is directly across the street from a tube station and a Starbucks and the Post Office. Next door is a lovely Indian restaurant. And the hotel has a fantastic bar where there is a fireplace and more to ease guests into a more relaxed state. I found my room to be extremely comfortable. The bathroom was huge and brand-new. While my carpet needed to be replaced, the room was otherwise perfect. I will definitely return to Rydges!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
CLD
"Rydges Kensington"
Great Location, close to underground and Natural history museum only a short walk away. The staff at the desk were very accommodating and helpful. Room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. Very nice stay all around.
3 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
"London trip"
This is a very nice hotel and located in a beautiful area, close to the tube and other amenities. It is nicely appointed and very clean. The only negative is that the room was very small - typical for European hotels.
2 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"Too much hassle"
I don't think I will stay there again. The Hotel is in a very nice neighbourhood, very close to the tube. But the room amenity is bad, the aircon blow cold air then it gets hot, then go back to cold. It was not warm in London when I was there, so I was not happy with that. TV signal up and down. We have to move room because none of the wall socket worked after they did their 10 minutes maintenance work. They did move us to a suit, but the aircon is so loud you can’t hear the TV. Then the key stop working, have to go back to the front desks to get new one for the last 2 days we were there. Reception are very nice, but I just don’t want to stay there again. Too much hassle………….
5 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
Yi
"Great location and staff"
A solid 4 star hotel. Nice hotel, had a fancy feel lol, modern decor and generally clean hotel with nice common areas, great restaurant and excellent staff. We booked an upgraded king room which was small but probably not by European standards. The bathroom was nice and modern which I am a stickler for; I can't stand a hotel bathroom that is in need of tile reacement or re-cocking or is at all dirty. The temp was not actually adjustable in our shower : it's scolding hot or ice cold. My friend and I were okay and didn't bother asking for room switch but I know my boyfriend would have lol and I don't think children would have been able to use the shower. Very Hot! Bed was decent, matress good, pillows okay: I prefer cushy/ down and theses were more of a hard style but nothing that affected my sleep. The breakfast, should you choose to eat there is good. I just did the continential so can't comment on eggs ect. Continential laid out well and good options. Jam Cupboard restaurant was actually really good which I wasn't expecting; burger was good and they have fish and chips too. (If you want Indian that's not too expensive or don't feel like trekking to red brick, we found the Indian restaurant next door to be amazing!) There were some scuff marks on the wall in our room and a couple other areas in the hotel that needed some paint touch ups or a little TLC ect but overall an excellent hotel and if I am able to return to London I would stay here again considering the value
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Caroline, Thank you for your amazing 5* review of our hotel! Really glad you enjoy your experience in The Jam Cupboard! I have made notes of all our points, and will feedback them back to the team. We hope to see you again soon Kind Regards Briana Hill General Manager
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
caroline
"Superb hotel!"
This is an excellent hotel in South Kensington, London. 1/2 block away from the tube, it is ideally situated. The room was very comfortable (great bed!), and the staff is extremely congenial and helpful. A 5+ all the way around!
11 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Location is wonderful, bus almost at the door, Gloucester Rd tube close by. Museums, restaurants and shops all within walking distance. The best of all was the staff, very friendly and helpful - and the hotel restaurant was excellent.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Fine hotel"
The Rydges is near some very upscale hotels, but at a better price. Very clean and comfortable. Great location. We enjoyed it.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Convenient but avoid lower ground rooms"
Good location, easy to find, nice front desk staff. But basement/lower ground 'executive' room was dark and in plain view of passers by - so have to have curtains drawn at all times. It was also cold, and the shower blocked and over-flowed. No apology for that either - repair man just repeatedly told me, quite assertively "that it's not the end of the world is it?". Well no it wasn't, but I was not complaining, just asked to have it fixed!
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Excellent choice for museum going"
I was able to add a few days in London after a business trip so I was looking for a hotel in the Kensington area in easy walking distance to Victoria & Albert and Natural History Museums that also left plenty of money in my budget for shopping and scones and clotted cream. When traveling I rate hotels on location, do I feel safe, and is it clean. Rydges Kensington was excellent on all of those plus being very comfortable. I do caution you to read the description of the rooms. The cheapest room is the size of a broom closet and is only suitable for a quick overnight stay for a person under 6ft tall. I spent the money (averaged under $150 a night for 4 nights which I consider decent for London) for a larger room and was pleased. The staff was nice especially when I kept demagnetizing my hotel room key and had to get it reset. Wifi worked well, bed and pillows were comfortable, nice pressure in the shower. But honestly the absolutely best thing is the location. The hotel is half a block from the Gloucester Road station. There is a Waitrose and a Tesco Express next to the station. Lots of restaurants ranging from chains like Paul, Pret, US hamburger places, pubs, Italian, Steakhouse, just a about everything you could want to eat. Walk to multiple museums and Kensington Gardens. I would happily stay here again.
4 night trip Jan 23, 2015
Karon
"Perfect Hotel, Perfect location"
Recently renovated, very attractive, large updated bath, comfortable bed, quiet (double glass windows), Glouster Rd tube half block, bus stop just around the corner, very pleasant, helpful staff
3 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
tom
"Hotel stay"
The smaller room was like a jail cell but we were upgraded for a small fee and enjoyed our room much better. The staff was courteous and the room was clean. The neighborhood was amazing. It was a close walk to everything.
5 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Cozy Hotel in Great location"
Overall a nice stay. Good value in a great area easily accessible to the tube. We enjoyed the breakfast and usable gym, which is hard to find in London. Staff was friendly but not always the most knowledgeable.
4 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Lovely Room, Great Breakfast, Close to Tube!"
We were very pleased with the decor and cleanliness of our room. The only issue was a slight draft that made the room chilly at times. Our rate included a full English breakfast which allowed us to get items from the buffet as well. This was so nice to have before starting our day running around London. Wifi was free in the room and quick too. Hotel is a two minute walk from the Gloucester tube station (took it straight to the airport on the Piccadilly line), and is walking distance to a few museums! Pharmacy, convenience & grocery stores close, as well as nice pubs and restaurants. Definitely check out Byron, down the street, for a "proper" burger. Would definitely stay here again! Highly recommend!
4 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Samantha
This hotel is located close to bus, tube, easy pickup for taxis and walking distance to a number of attractions. Seems recently updated and very clean & comfortable. Hotel staff was excellent!
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"Tough"
The physical facility was fine and location good enough (except Gloucester Road station partially closed). Officiousness of staff was more British than the British, then I found it was Australian chain. My room key did not work each time i went to room so had to go down and up again each time - staff blamed me until they came up and found out for themselves.
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"Overall great hotel in South Kensington"
The hotel is situated in a great location, a block from the Gloucester Road tube station. The staff is friendly, the hotel is lovely, and the rooms are spacious.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Lauren
"Squeaky but clean!"
Hotel was clean but squeaky floors everywhere the room & hall area. Bf was boring in the 2nd day but service was lovely & very accommodating every day. Area has easy access to the Gloucester Tube station & walking distance to lots of resto, bars, coffee shops, grocery, pharmacy, tour bus & shopping at HARRODS! hehe!
4 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Dennis
"London Get-away"
It was a wonderful hotel. Not what I was expecting. I had called the hotel from the states to ask for transportation from the airport to Rydges and when I arrived at LHR my driver was waiting. The Lobby of the hotel was a little shabby by that I mean that the lobby furniture is in need of an update. Our room was spacious and clean. At first we didn't know how to work the lights then realized that we had to put our room key in to work the lights. My only complaint was the tub, they were very high and it was a little difficult for me, but it worked out. The staff and breakfast was wonderful.
5 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Great location and accomodations for families"
Remodeled and renovated, awesome location and next to the tube.
3 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
Convenient, friendly, pleasant room that had all the amenities..
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Property that fulfilled needs"
A block from Gloucester st tube station. In town for several shows and the location allowed one to use their Pyster card to get to a variety of venues. Serviceable room and wifi.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014