All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here61 Gloucester Road, Kensington, London, England, SW7 4PE, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice clean hotel with very small rooms"
Nice clean hotel 1 block from subway/ underground station. The boutique style hotel was clean and in good location but room was very small by US standards.
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
Roman
A bit expensive for what it is
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear JK, Thank you for choosing Rydges Kensington for your stay in London. Thank you very much for your review and sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. Guest feedback allows us to identify areas where we can improve our service. Hope you will decide to come back to Rydges in the future. Best Regards, Joanna Caruthers General Manager
1 night trip Jan 8, 2014
JK
"good location but some disappointments"
Easy access to the underground and surrounding attractions. The room was very tiny and had to pay for internet and breakfast.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
TJ
"A mixed experience"
The checkin was very bad. The young woman on the desk gave me a room with a double bed, not the "executive king" I had booked. When I pointed out the error, she told me that was the English version of king size. Since I am English and she was not, I would have been amused, had I not been traveling for nearly 24 hours. She then offered me rooms in the basement and elsewhere. If I had not already checked with the cleaning staff that there was an "executive king" available, I would not have been in a good position to argue. When I gave the woman the number of the available room, she told me it was occupied, and only when I told her I had visited the empty room, did she give it to me. Never in my life have I had such an experience. During the four days I spent at the hotel, I never saw this ?Australian staff member again, and all the other staff I had contact with were excellent. The room was rather cramped for two people but, apart from a small spot of mold in the shower, everything else was fine, especially the location. I quite liked the hotel, though like London in general, it was overpriced: you would get more for the money in France or the US.
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
"Fantastic place to stay in London"
The Rydges is a fantastic location - its a 2 minute walk to Gloucester Station . Its in a nice, safe area - bank is across the street. The staff is very courteous and willing to help. The attached restaurant is really good and there's 24 hour room service -- as well as a well stocked mini-bar. Rooms are very clean and modern - perfect for one person but still OK for 2 people, plus, how much are you in your room anyway. The price is definitely right, so we'll be returning teh Rydges on our next trip.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Robert D, Thank you for choosing Rydges Kensington for your stay in London. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be so helpful and accommodating. Great to hear you were impressed with good room service as well as great location. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best Regards, Joanna Caruthers General Manager
5 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Robert D
"Great hotel in Kensington for picky travelers"
i prefer a bit of culture and atmosphere with my hotels. and a bit of luxury for the 4 star ones. this great little hotel in kensington met all the criteria and i'm a very picky traveler. I will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future. Great price, great location and great bar and food. Room is a bit small, but workable for a business traveler. if you are staying as a couple, you would need to upgrade to a bit larger room.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Baddogsales, Thank you for choosing Rydges Kensington for your stay in London. Thank you for your great review and sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying at Rydges. Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Best Regards, Joanna Caruthers General Manager
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2013
baddogsales
"Tiny rooms, nice staff and expensive"
Tthe room was so tiny that I could touch both walls with arms outstretched. The bathroom sink way so tiny it made brushing you teeth difficult because the shelf above it prevented you from rinsing down to hit the drain. The shower door was broken. The staff of the hotel was very nice and the rooms were clean. It just wasn't a very good value compared to other hotels in the area.
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
Very clean room. Good size for London. Good location next to an underground station.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2013
"Great hotel. Great location."
Will stay here again and recommend to others. Room is quite spacious as far as European hotel rooms go and the bathroom was large, including an oversized rain shower. Staff was helpful and quickly okayed our request for late check out. Tube station is almost directly across the street allowing you to easily access all of London. Only (minor) downfall was when we decided to have a drink at the restaurant/bar (Jam Cupboard) and experienced a very slow wait and bad service. With all fairness to the staff member, he was waiting on all tables and bar patrons while trying to train someone. There should have been additional staffing.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Excellent hotel with an excellent location. I would definitely stay here again.
5 night trip Oct 7, 2013
TC
Good location, near tube and on Piccadily Line for Leicester Sq/Covent Gdn, Barclay biking good round Hyde Pk and beyond. Only booked a few days before so price of £200 double room per night was more than we usually pay so need to look more in advance to get a better deal in future.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Nice hotel a little out of the way"
The Rydges was one of the roomier and nicer hotels I've stayed in. Considering it's not that centrally located to attractions, it's a little pricey; however, there's a Starbucks and a grocery store right around the corner as well as an Underground station, so it's a good spot for a short stay.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Rachel, Thank you for taking the time to rate us and write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again on your return to London Best regards Joanna Carruthers General Manager
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2013
Rachel
"okay hotel good location"
We usually stay at the Kensington Hotel when we're in London but I thought I'd try something different. This hotel was fine but I would not stay here again. I paid for the Executive King which is supposed to be larger and my room was in the basement or "lower ground". When I asked about the size of the room I was told that the "lower ground" basement rooms were larger than those on the upper floors. The room was pretty small and the "king" bed was actually a Murphy bed. The full American breakfast was good and a lot of food.
3 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
Eve Storm
"Perfect London Location"
Stayed in London for a week. Thought it would be impossible to find such a great hotel in such a superb location at an affordable rate. Highly recommend Rydges to all comers.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
johnny
"Accommodating staff"
Staff was very helpful in resolving issues,
4 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"Conveniently Located, Comfortable"
This was my first time in London and I had a wonderful time! I liked that it is really close to the Glouster Station. It was easy to go anywhere in the city. The staff was nice and the room was comfortable. However, their websites boasts of free wi-fi, but if you want to access it you have to pay 20 pounds. The breakfast was also confusing as they charged me for it one day, but not on another day. I feel like they need to decide if Continental breakfast is free or not. Overall though, it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend it to anyone going to London looking for an affordable place.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Diana, Thank you for your review and ratings. I am glad you had a wonderful time in London and pleased that we could be apart of that experience. I will congratulate our front office staff for your wonderful comments. I have just checked and could not find the free wifi section? Our Wifi is indeed chargeable however if your sign up to our PGR (Priority Guest Rewards) program our wired access is free. Hope to see you again should you decide to venture back into London Best regards Joanna Carruthers General Manager
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Diana
"Small room for family of 3 people"
We paid for a 3 people room (2 adults and 1 child) and we got a small room with a queen bed and an extra bed very uncomfortable. Also we couldn't almost walk in the room with that extra. They should not sell those rooms for a family. The internet was a madness, we had to fill a form to connect every time and could not connect all my devices at the same time. The best was the location. Overall... I could get a better hotel in that area for the same price.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
André
"Don't take the last room available."
It was the last room available and it lived up to that bill. The room was right over the kitchen and, since the window didn't close all the way, it was filled with different aromas. The shower was clogged. At first, I had one minute to use the water before I had to turn it off due to a clogged drain. It eventually drained. After I reported the problem and supposedly some action taken, I had two minutes to use the water before it filled the drain. The cook could not get my eggs cooked to my satisfaction during a four day stay. It was a great location and friendly front desk staff. Behind the scenes seemed to be lacking.
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Tom, I am sorry to hear your stay was less than satisfactory. Our maintenance department service our drains monthly so that should not have happened, our chief engineer is on the case and is speaking to his staff accordingly. Regarding the window I have also logged this with maintenance to investigate. Our Head Chef has also been made aware of your eggs and is currently investigating. Here at the Rydges Kensington London we try and ensure that we assist our guests the best way possible, I am sorry it has seemed to not be the case this time but should you decide to return I have updated your profile with your comments and can ensure you a more pleasant stay Thanks and regards Joanna Carruthers General Manager
3 night trip May 10, 2013
Hotel was updated, clean & comfortable. Great food & nice cozy bar. Staff was very helpful & polite. Train station literally across the street and a bus stop right outside the door. I was traveling with my 7 year old daughter & our executive studio had 2 separate rooms with a TV in each. Great feature when your viewing taste is different from the little ones. Also, the room had a nice desk/vanity where there were several portals for electronics. Great experience!!
Response by Rydges Kensington London
Dear Holly, Thank you for your ratings and wonderful review. I am pleased your liked our food in The Jam Cupboard and enjoyed a drink in The Polo Bar Kensington. I am also pleased that the 2 TV's proved useful. Thank you again and hope to see you next time should you decide to return to London Best regards Joanna Carruthers General Manager
6 night family trip Mar 23, 2013
Holly W
Walking distance to The Royal Albert Hall to see Patricia Kaas was important. This worked out well. Rooms modern with great reading lights. This is a smart hotal in a nice area. Staff efficient and helpful. Good breakfast and excellent dinner. We enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Nov 15, 2012
"Pleasant Hotel"
We enjoyed a two night stay when we first arrived in London-- and we returned for another night after traveling north for a bit. The hotel was very clean and most of the staff was friendly and pleasant. Several were eager to answer questions and help us with map routes. Rooms are small, but efficient and very clean.
Family trip Sep 23, 2012
Paula
"Nice hotel in a good location"
We stayed for a week. A family of three in an Executive Studio. Hotel recently renovated in contemporary style. Welcoming lobby. Good sized and clean room. Large enough bathroom. Cordial staff. Weekly Wi-Fi package for a reasonable price, but cumbersome access. Computer stations by the lobby, but internet access only after you parches a code. No printer by the computer. Could not print boarding passes. Very good location. Two minutes from Gloucester Road station with the Piccadilly, Circle and District lines. Easy access to Heathrow airport and around the city. Ten minutes walking to Exhibition Road and Hyde Park. Cafes and grocery stores around the station. Would stay again.
Other trip Jul 27, 2012
Excellent Hotel, in excellent location.
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
"Convenient"
The room was very nicely decorated. Bathroom was good sized for a London hotel. We had three people in the room, so my daughter slept on a fold out chair, which she said was not comfortable. The double-sized bed was very comfortable though. There is a 10 pound charge per day for the internet. There are a number of restaurants and museums nearby. It is a block from the Gloucester tube station on the Picadiilly Line, which goes directly to Heathrow airport.
Family trip Jun 27, 2012
JD
"Rydes hotel"
Was a very nice hotel, staff could have been a little nicer though. Location is great and next to the park and museums.
Other trip May 26, 2012
"Comfortable hotel"
Hotel is very clean. Nice neighborhood with enough good restaurants in the vicinity. One little snag. Fire alarm went off four times the first night. Hotel did not offer to do anything for us. After long conversation manager took off 4 local calls and a glass of wine. Rooms comfortable enough but not very spacious. For Europe good hotel for the money
Business trip May 24, 2012
Mihnea
Good hotel, nearby tube station
Other trip May 24, 2012

"Great Hotel! Love it!"
Great Hotel! I have stayed there a couple of time before and it keeps the same level! Always good service, very available! I would suggest to change the pillows in some rooms already. Noticed that the ones on my apartment were a bit old (we were 4 people in the room including the kids), but nothing that would affect the stay. Overall, it s a really good hotel, extremely well located! :)
3 night family trip May 8, 2015
Henrique
"Great location, needs attention to detail."
Excellent location, and rooms modern, stylish and comfortable. Bigger than you often find in this price bracket. Only gripes really are continental breakfast lacked a bit of imagination, and the shower had some strange blue deposits on the tile grouting, which should have been cleaned off, and was a bit off putting.
1 night family trip May 12, 2015
"Great hotel! Love it!"
Great Hotel! I have already stayed at this hotel before when coming with my family and it is totally worth it. Good service, great location. Very good rooms. Continental Breakfast could have a little bit more variety for its price, but it compensates on good quality! If coming to London with my family and my parents again I will definetly go for this hotel once more.
3 night family trip May 8, 2015
Henrique
"Great hotel, well located, Good service and rooms"
Everything in the hotel worked well during our stay. Friendly staff, the rooms are very good. Enough space. Clean. The breakfast could have a little bit more variety, nothing that would compromise my review of being a really good hotel. Extremely well located. It's ialready the 3rd time I stay in this hotel with my family and I'll probably come back again!
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
"Fantastic"
Had a fantastic stay. Room was upgraded and a surprise bottle of champagne for our anniversary. A few probs with shower leaking but breakfast was upgraded to compensate. Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends and family.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Jenny
"Great to stay!"
After stay in 3 different hotel in London.It's a very good stay compared to The Strand Hotel. They have similar rate but way more better condition than The Strand Hotel. It's very new and it's very close to the underground subway. There are a lots of restaurant nearby. Highly recommend.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Esther
"Good hotel in great location"
The room was very small although not unexpected given the location of the hotel. It is located around a beautiful area of London, with Gloucester Rd tube station just a couple of minutes across the road. The staff were friendly and helpful although at times during normal hours, the hotel seems a bit under-staffed. I did wish it had better TV channels as I was hoping to catch Barclays Premier League soccer on TV while there and this was not available. But, overall, I was happy with my stay.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Rydges Hotel stay"
Hotel overall gave good impression. Location is convenient, just a 2mins walk from Gloucester Road Station, and No.74 (and N74) bus stops towards central London. There is Waitrose nearby which is handy to grab snacks and drinks. Neighborhood is a quiet place as well. Things to criticize are: 1. In-Room Wifi speed was rather slow, 2. Computers at the lobby area were rather not user-friendly to use.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2015
Adrian
"Room 412"
Although the room 412 was teeny weeny, it was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2015
Sue
"Friendly and Helpful Receptionist"
The receptionist - Burmese lady is patient and helpful. She is attentive, listening and ever ready to help. Thank you for making it a pleasant stay for me in London.
4 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
GIM LAY
SG
"Perfect for our stay. Recommended!"
We had a 3 day break at Rydges and couldn't fault it. The staff were very obliging and friendly & our room (317) was perfect. The bed was REALLY comfortable & after busy days out we both slept like logs. We didn't eat at the hotel, preferring instead to wander down the road to The Stanhope Arms where the Full English is wonderful. The tube station is only 100yds away & very convenient for anywhere. Would have no hesitation in recommending Rydges to family & friends and would certainly stay there again. Buy you own bottled water though (Tesco just down the road) as the hotel charges £2.50 for the small bottles in the rooms!
3 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
Rosamund
"Tiny, uncomfortable rooms."
The single room I was given (although I had expected it would be a double) was barely big enough to fit a single bed in. Moving around the room meant squeezing between the desk and bedside table, and for anyone over 6 foot, they'd have difficulties stretching out. Bathroom is fine, although the supplied razors are so blunt they're unusable. Water is £2.50 a bottle and there's no provisions for tea or any other complimentary drinks. Overall, extremely basic accommodation and there are a ton of hotels in London that offer a lot more for the same price.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Adrian
"Friendly place to stay"
Great location , friendly reception staff. Brilliant price for London . Would definately stay here agaib
3 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Good Hotel, fab location"
was a nice hotel, rooms were pretty small, but then apart from a bed and bath room what else do you need! :) made it Cosey I guess. we were Nicely upgraded from a Queen to a king room on arrival what was a nice perk to our vist.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
chloe
"Good hotel"
Overall the hotel was very nice and clean, we had a queen room but the room was too small, and didn't have the best nights sleep.... Breakfast was great..
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"lovely stay"
Very warm welcome with friendly and helpful staff. lovely clean and comfortable room on 4th floor. very near tube, shops and restaurants. looking forward to a return stay
1 night family trip Feb 10, 2015
cecilia
"Inexpensive Hotel For London Break"
Perhaps I was unlucky. The hotel was generally pleasant and clean. My room was in the basement with twin singles and was absolutely fine except... I stayed for 4 nights. On the morning after the third night there was no power to the console so I was unable to dry my hair after a shower and and use the television or sockets. I reported this at reception. A staff member came to have a look and after we ascertained that the problem wasn't my not knowing how to use the TV remote or being able to find the hair dryer (!) The problem was sorted by the time I returned from having breakfast. The morning after the fourth night I was woken by dripping water and discovered water dripping from the air conditioning unit. I was checking out anyway so don't know what would have happened otherwise.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Delightful hotel in excellent location"
I was lucky enough to receive a free upgrade to a large double room as opposed to the single room I had booked. By London standards it was huge, delicious coffee from a Nespresso style machine, clean spacious bedroom and large bathroom with walk in shower. (This leaked very slightly into the floor of the bathroom but this is my only tiny complaint! ) I didn't have the breakfast but enjoyed a glass of wine in the bar next door with a friend for a very reasonable price. Overall lovely hotel with very friendly staff and excellently located, a two minute walk from Gloucester Rd tube. Would definitely stay again.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Winter stay"
Bathroom sink was leaking so got upgraded to a bigger room in the basement, but the heater didn't seem to work very well and so the room was very cold. Fantastic location.
2 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
"No basement rooms"
Rooms (I stayed in a single)small but clean and what is best: the hotel has no basement rooms! (How many times you find yourself in the basement, even in a 4 star!)Mine was quiet, with a nice view. Very good location: 100m from Gloucester Road tube station. Good money value.
1 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
Gabriela
"We made a superb choice!"
The location is excellent!! Just a stone throw away from the Gloucester Tube station, and within walking distance to Natural History Museum and Albert and Victoria Museum. Also not far from Hyde Park and Harrods. There're many eating choices around the hotel. The hotel is a chic boutique hotel with a tasty modern design. Room is small but gets everything, very clean and feel very cozy. The staff were very polite and helpful, before we departed for England, we got some enquiries regarding the public transportation on the X-mas day, the reception manager gave a prompt reply and provided some good suggestions. The hotel is in Kensington area, which is quiet and peaceful but get easy access to everything. Our 4 days staying proves that it's an excellent choice!
4 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Guang
SG
"Good location, great staff"
Grear location, virtually outside the tube station. The reception and room are to a good standard. On closer inspection however, the wallpaper in the corridors is ripped, some areas of the carpet needs replacing and there was no soft bed as described. Room service is very slow. Nevertheless, I would reccomens this hotel. Staff are very friendly, attentive an consciousness. Breakfast is also excellent.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Lakhani
"Hotel location and quality of service"
The hotel is perfect. Great location! Perfect service, and great price for value!
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2014