All hotels in Parsippany, New Jersey, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here625 Route 46 East, Parsippany, NJ, 07054, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.8
    2.9
    2.6
"Lacks Courtesy"
Hotel staff left all lot to be desired. Desk clerk when I checked in failed to return my driver license and didn't have the courtesy to call my room to let me know he had forgotten to give it back to me. The desk clerk in the morning could have done the same thing but didn't. Very little food was left at the continental breakfast in the morning because people were being allowed to pile food onto plates and take them back to their rooms or vehicles.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Good Chinese restaurants are nearby"
I feel welcomed and can get help whenever I need. I also found there are plenty of quality Chinese restaurants nearby.
3 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
Hong Z
"Disgusting Smelly Buggy"
My Husband and I checked in after traveling a long distance we expected to rest comfortably however that was not what we experienced. The room when we walked in smelled of smoke the room was disgustingly dirty when we checked the bed there were bugs crawling on the sheets without hesitation we left the room. I never had such an experience like that. Once we left the room there "Ladies of the Night" to be polite hanging around the rooms along with other not so respectful people., believe me we are not snobby people but we shouldn't have been exposed to that kind of surroundings. The front desk girl asked if there was a problem and said Yes and left immediately not wanting to hang around any longer. We called Expedia to complain once we got home the customer service clerk said he would report the incident to his Mgr. who was not available at that time and we should hear back in 2 business days. I told him that I was planning to dispute the charges and report to Howard Johnson Corporate office on Monday June 30th.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Terry
"Friendly Service"
It was AWESOME!
7 night trip Jun 4, 2014
kj
"Believe the bad reviews"
I was looking for a decent hotel for a few nights while in the area on business. I wasn't going to spend a lot of time at the hotel, so I didn't need anything fancy. All the more affordable hotels had a mixture of bad reviews and good reviews. Who do you believe? In this case, you should believe the bad reviews. When I arrived, I had a bad feeling based on what the hotel looks like from the outside. I got nervous when the guy at reception wasn't very friendly, as mentioned in some of the reviews. But I still hoped for the best. When I got into the room, I knew the bad reviews were the accurate ones. The room DID smell strange. It WAS dirty. I don't know what had been renovated in the "newly renovated" rooms, but I didn't see any signs of renovations (which are desperately needed). I did not see any bugs, but I did look for them. What does that say about the room when you feel that you have to check for bugs? I should have left and found someplace else to stay, but I had paid for the room in advance with expedia. And money was tight. I stayed the night, but I looked for a different hotel for the remaining nights that I was in town. I wound up staying at the Kenilworth Inn, which was much better than expected based on the reviews. So I guess you win some and you lose some.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Not a bad stay at all."
Staff is great. Service is always available if and when you need it. Not a bad stay at all.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
"Terrible"
The room smelled. The elevator didn't work. It was overall terrible.
2 night business trip May 23, 2014
Mrs. Johnson
Last minute booking while in area - good breakfast, clean room.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Very bad hotel, smell, bedbox"
I said clifton, they gave me a different location and refused reimbursement. No
Other trip May 26, 2014
jackson
I reserved a smoking king size room, which is what I paid for. Upon arrival only a short time after making the reservation, they informed me they had no smoking rooms available. Fine, better for my health anyway. Get up to the room, it's not a king, but 2 full size beds. Ok, strike 2. Went out for dinner, get a call from the hotel asking if I was checking out...caller was confused, didn't know which customer she was calling. Get back to hotel after dinner, our card keys are turned off. Considering our room was on the second floor, outside, on the opposite end of the hotel from front desk it was a pain to go back and get the cards reset. Get down to desk, they had lost my registration papers, refill them out. Strikes 3 & 4. Next morning check out is 11am. They start banging on your door at 10:40, tell them you are getting ready. 10:50, housekeeping is back banging on the door. Really? I normally stay at the Red Roof Inn nearby when I'm in the area, only reason I chose Hojo this time was because Red Roof, (which happens to be cheaper and better quality, rooms, TVs, nicer service, later check out time) was sold out for the night. I'll change my plans next time before staying here again.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Dawn
"Value for money"
Good for bed & breakfast.
5 night family trip May 11, 2014
We would for sure stay here again!!!!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Erica
"Wouldn't Return"
There were a couple of hairs on a towel, there were hardly any cable channels, and the room was rather dark and musty. Also, i was expecting interior corridors. Instead there were exterior walkways overlooking a highway and swampy drainage ditch (on my side of the building). The only thing i thought was decent was the shower, which had nice water pressure.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
Josh
"If you have money go somewhere else!!!"
The room smelt like mold and it was too humid. The bathrooms are freezing. The staff is very creepy, the man at breakfast wouldn't stop staring at the guests eating breakfast. The street it was on was a pain. overall it wasn't worth the money, just go up the street to the holiday inn!!!!
Response by Travelodge Parsippany
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We try to provide a clean comfortable stay for all our guests. Your concerns have been forwarded to Housekeeping and we are looking into the matter to ensure it doesn't happen again.Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Stay was ok"
No issues Room was comfortable. Bathroom floor dirty and bed comforter were not clean.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Clean, pleasant staff, cheap and very close to destination.
Response by Travelodge Parsippany
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We try to provide a clean comfortable stay for all our guests..Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
m. gregory
"GOod"
Room comfortable. Bathroom floor dirty but other than a good sweep and mop on the bathroom floor everything was fine.
Response by Travelodge Parsippany
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We try to provide a clean comfortable stay for all our guests. Your concerns have been forwarded to Housekeeping and we are looking into the matter to ensure it doesn't happen again. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"Good Value for the money"
Good value for the cost. Room had to be changed due to an issue with the bathroom and the staff was very kind. Apologetic and moved me to a new room. No complaints at all.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
"Disgusting"
The room was dirty, moldy, cold, and smelly. The sheets and blankets were dirty. There was no hot water. We had the heat all the way turned up for over an hour and the room was still ice cold. It was so filthy we didn't even stay the night. We ended up leaving several hours after arriving.
Response by Travelodge Parsippany
I would like to apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. if you had let the front desk know we would have moved you to another room. your concerns have been forwarded to the housekeeping dept and we will definitely look into it.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Room was ok. Bathroom not clean. The bathroom floor was dirty and shower was not clean. Blankets and comforters need to be changed
Response by Travelodge Parsippany
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your comments have been forwarded to our housekeeping dept for review. We try to provide a clean comfortable environment for all our guests so we will look into where we went wrong during your stay.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"No heat, no help from front desk."
I checked in, the room was cold and the heater unit in the wall was dead. I called the front desk and the answer was to turn up the thermostat and wait 15 minutes. It was still cold 15 minutes later. I called the front desk and there was some other excuse. I will never stay in this hotel again.
Response by Travelodge Parsippany
Our heating system is a radiant heat system that provides even comfortable heat, unlike forced air systems that cycle on and off and blow dry air around. They can take a few minutes to bring the room upto a comfortable temperature. I would like to apologize if the front desk clerk did not explain it to you.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2014
"Old and dirty"
This hotel was dirty, old, unorganized and the shirts may not have even been clean! The room war FREEZING, heating didn't work. Not to mention the TV being from 1980! For $15 more it's worth stating somewhere else.
Response by Travelodge Parsippany
All of our laundry is done using industry standard washing machines and nationally recognized chemicals. our heating is a radiant heat system that can take 15 to 20 minutes to warm up, but it creates a nice steady heat instead of the dry hot air most hotels provide.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Not recommended"
Stayed 4 nights, beds where on a lean and not comfy, bathroom had mould everywhere, no plugs for basin or bath asked if we could have one and we could not, breakfast was terrible first day they had run out and would not replace anything for us, second day closed breakfast early.
Response by Travelodge Parsippany
i would like to apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. We have recently replaced 80% of our mattresses but it looks like you were unfortunate to getting one of the 20% that are scheduled for replacement. I will look into the events that occurred during breakfast but we do not normally close the breakfast early and we provide guests with breakfast items after closing many times.Our breakfast hours are early so guests can get to work or get out early for their days events. We do not provide bath plugs from bad experiences with overflows. if you choose to visit us again i am sure you will have a much more pleasant experience.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Jamie
It was cold in the room and the blankets were thin. Also, the t.v. did not work.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"Regular hotel for what you paid"
The internet is really slow and the fitness center does not opens after 7:30 am. If you want to do regular excersice early in the morning this should not be the place for staying. In overall for the price, I rate the hotel as regular
Response by Travelodge Parsippany
Our internet provider is in the process of upgrading our system and we are experiencing some slowdowns and gaps in coverage, i apologize for the inconvenience. our fitness center is open all day from 6am to 10 pm.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"Terrible experience!"
The heater did not work and the toilet leaked in both rooms. I demand a partial refund due to these inconvenience.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Sam
"Amazingly mindnumbing"
The place was fine. Just don't park your car by itself overnight with many free spaces in-between. My car was side swiped and no one left a note or acknowledged any responsibility. The hotel had a night person Working and must've been asleep while sitting directly in front of the hotel monitor system. Don't waste your money or time there. Outta the way and not close to Anything. Dissatisfied beyond belief.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2013
"Good choice"
It was comfortable and the breakfast was better than expected. Highway traffic was a bit noisy but no big deal, it didn't keep me up. Bathroom could use a make-over though, but the room was very roomy.
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2013
Ed
"fair price"
I did not new about the balcony hall way from one room to the others, November 30 in New Jersey is cold so walking from kids room and getting midnight to the room you should wear a thick jacket , also it took a long time the room to warm up 25 minutes exactly , and you could feel the cold air going through the holes from the outlet . other than that the price is fair for what I got.
Response by Travelodge Parsippany
I would like to apologize for your experience during the stay at our hotel
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
Busy Mother
It was ok. Although the tub on/off handle comes off easily and the thermostat to set room temperature was not well marked--it get very warm during the night.
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
"OK for the price"
Ok for the price. Staff not overly friendly rooom ok, comfortable and fairly clean.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
"It was fine"
Clean and convenient, and a great price.
4 night trip Nov 18, 2013
great place for the price
2 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Great place for the price very close to major highway the only inconvenience has been the TV old TV with dark colors
2 night trip Nov 18, 2013
Jose
"Ugly and low class"
when you stay at low budget Hotels it is always the same -- clean sheets yes but then fugly blankets and comforters which are seldom cleaned (unlike better Hotels which change these every changeover) In the case of this Hotel, the blanket had stains and I didn't want to touch the comforter except to toss it on the floor... The decorator if this "newly renovated" room obviously was going for a Mumbai look -- ugly red wall paper... where do you even by that stuff?
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
stayed for 1 night in a king bed room. For the price of the room i found it to be fine. it was clean, had a big comfortable bed, everything worked fine. Can't ask for anything more then that. I am just not sure what was up with the Breakfast Police(maintenance man watching over breakfast area like a hawk)
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
"Good but had some trouble."
The hotel is ok for the price. Customer service also ok but if you are going to use WiFi you will never get that. I have tried so many times to connect the wifi but it doesn't work properly.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
Nobel
"You get what you pay for !!"
I would stay here again. Only for night or two. For the price it's o k. Would not bring my little ones. Place needs big facelift. Morning coffee/breakfast a plus. Once again I would stay only for price.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2013
Bathroom not clean and the wind pass through the door.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2013
"very nice will stay there again when in the area"
the room was kinda small but overall it was clean fresh linen coffee pot microwave and fridge worked great....tv was old and only gets a few channels but was still good...breakfast was good but they need to get more diabetic friendly stuff like sugar free syrup for the waffles and more than just sweet and low for coffee.... prices in vending machines were ok for a hotel...staff was very friendly on check in and check out... wi fi was great stayed 2 nites and the wireless access point was located in my room so i had great wi fi....the second nite i had excellent wi fi and it didnt go down like most inexpensive hotels...... there are multiple wi fi accesses at this hotel..... you get what u pay for and i got more than i have in the past paying as little for my room
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Rocco
"Mold Infested and Poor Service"
I paid extra for free parking, and when I get there, I'm told all of the parking is free. No apology for that confusion. The bathroom in my room had visible mold all over the walls and at the ceiling and you could smell it from outside of the bathroom. I tried calling the front desk for 10 minutes with no answer. When I went down there the front desk attendant was on his cell phone on a personal call away from the desk, ignoring the phone ringing. When I explained the situation he offered me another room, which I had to go inspect, then get all of my things to change my room. He was still on his cell phone when I came down again and never once simply said he was sorry for the state of the room or the inconvenience. This next room doesn't have visible mold, but you can see along the same wall that it was treated for it and poorly caulked. The entire building is probably infested. For $59, I am beyond disappointed and will never stay at a Howard Johnsons again.
Response by Travelodge Parsippany
i can guarantee that you did not pay extra for parking as there is no where a parking fee can be added to your stay. We will look into the rooms that you stayed in and take care of any problems we find there. i apologize if you feel that the service was inattentive and will address that issue with my staff.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"over night place only, expected re-furbed room.."
disappointed, I know it was cheap but old rooms in need of major renovation. It said it had refurbed rooms but we didn't get one of those. If I had known rooms were that old I would have booked elsewhere. They did try to make it clean and there was a limited breakfast so that helped a little. Also watch out for curbs as parking lot had some big ones, not that well marked near the exit and we caught one...
2 night trip Oct 24, 2013
The heaters are at the top of the wall, everyone knows heat rises, it took a long time for the room to become warm. It was a cold night. The room was nice, the front desk person was cordial and personable.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
Darren
"very poorly kept"
I should have known something was wrong when the parking lot was completely empty. and there was no sign on the front of the building. The room wreaked of smoke (Note, I did not think to specifically choose nonsmoking, but this was awful). The cable tv did not work, and when they came up to fix it, but then it worked only worked for one channel. The hair dryer exploded. they said they would bring up a replacement in 1/2 hour, and never did. I finally asked to change rooms, the room he changed me for was much better, no smoke, working tv and hair dryer. but it still felt very old and poorly maintained. The breakfast was free, but it included old bread to toast, a waffle maker tht was empty, and cheap little cinnamin roles. the orange juice was Tang. This was the best price in the area, and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"not happy"
Place was dirty and noisy and no ammedities
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
juan
The clerk was rude during check-in and the room was not clean and there was no hot water to shower. When calling the front desk to advise them, they offered for us to shower in a room that someone had just checked out of without cleaning the room first.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Not a bad stay for the money"
I would stay again
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Pleasant Hotel close to New York"
I have stayed here several times and will go nowhere else. Everything is at your fingertips with whatever you want to do.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Very convenient. Right Price"
Room was clean. Bathroom was redone. Quiet. Breakfast was ok
3 night trip Oct 17, 2013
Bill S
"It's a motel with fancy beds and carpet.."
The beds and carpet are upscale, but this is really a motel and nothing more. The breakfast area should not be allowed to get messy during breakfast time. All in all it's perfectly serviceable. Just don't expect anything more than a motel.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013