All hotels in Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America
9 3rd Ave Nw, Rochester, MN, 55901, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Our stay was very nice. We have always stayed in this hotel each time we go to Rochester. The price continues to rise, like other hotels, but they have really improved the breakfast from the last few stays which makes the price much more reasonable.
3 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Great place"
My granddaughter had doctor appointments at the mayo clinic. The hotel was within walking distance to everything we needed including shopping and eatt
4 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
linda
"Great for mayo clinic"
My granddaughter had to go to the mayo clinic for tests. This was perfect place for us to stay. Everything was within walking distance. From doctor appointments to shopping to places to eat. Only thing I would have liked to have been better was the pool. But we were not there for vacation anyway
4 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
linda
"Would not stay there again."
The room was noisy, blanket was old and nubby and air conditioning was really loud. Not a comfortable stay. Parking was full and had to park at nearby ramp and walk with luggage.
Response by Kahler Inn and Suites - Mayo Clinic Area
Dear Jeanne, Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we were unable to exceed your expectations. Please know were are purchasing new blankets and air conditioning units to make our guests stay better. If you are in the area again we do hope to give us another opportunity
1 night trip Jul 13, 2015
Jeanne
"Disappounting"
Would not come back!
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"Going to the Mayo Clinic"
Everyone is so nice, helpful, caring and thoughtful. Very convenient to the Mayo Clinic.
4 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Great Family stay!"
It was wonderful! The staff brought us two pack'n plays for our twins and even helped us set them up!! The pool was perfect for our three young children! The breakfast area was a bit crowded, but the food was wonderful
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Cory
"mayo clinic visit"
the first room we were given was not handicapped accessible as I had requested and they gave us another room that was and it was very nice. They were very nice about it.
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
Leonard
"Clean and convenient"
Great place to stay when visiting the Mayo Clinic as a patient or visitor. The Mayo is right across the street any many places to eat nearby. Reasonably priced for what it provides.
6 night business trip May 27, 2015
"Kindness"
The hotel has an old fashion elegance about it. So many people who stay are going to the Mayo Clinic for medical reasons. The personal touch and kindness is greatly appreciated. Especially the real person who does wake up call and wishes you a good day! You do not feel so alone.
2 night business trip May 13, 2015
"First Trip to Mayo"
We traveled up to Rochester to an appointment at Mayo Clinic. The Hotel was great for its location and convenience to everything downtown. We enjoyed the stay and feel when we come back we will use this Hotel again. The only comment I would have is the cleanliness of the bathroom. We would like to see it cleaner in the corners and the bathtub.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Bryan
"Room smelled like dead fish."
Our room was described as a suite on the website. However, the staff referred to it as a kitchenette. There was an air purifier right inside the door. It didn't take us long to figure out why. The room smelled like dead fish. It was already late in the evening, so we decided to stay put. I complained when we checked out the next morning and they reduced our rate. The staff said that we should have told them right away so that they could have found us another room. However, we picked that suite because it had queen size beds. If we are in Rochester again, we will stay somewhere else.
Response by Kahler Inn and Suites - Mayo Clinic Area
I would like to apologize for the unpleasant smell you experienced during your stay. This is not typical of the high standards that our guests have come to expect from us. If you are in Rochester again I hope you can give us another opportunity.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"hidden parking fees"
Directly across the street from Mayo Clinic. Clean, comfortable, helpful staff and good food at the onsite restaurant. BUT, they have a new policy that charges people who book though on-line services like hotels.com for parking. Was told if I would have booked through the hotel directly I would not have to pay for parking.
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Semi-annual check-up, including but not limited to, every available orifice and several that have yet to be discovered.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Dr.
"great hotel to stay at would stay again"
very clean room and polite staff, nice rooms good pool, small hot tub would stay there again. Bartender was a little slow, great pizza.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
danny
"Great!"
Alex( I think that was his name) at the front desk did a great job! It was very busy when we checked in however he made us feel like we were the only ones there. The breakfast was great too.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Michele
"Very convenient to the Mayo Clinic"
Nice. Close to the Mayo. Very plesant restaurant in the lobby. Serve gluten free tasty meals.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Friendly staff, convenient clinic access"
This really isn't a 4-star hotel -- but for the location, cleanliness, friendliness and price, it can't be beat. I have stayed here several times over the years for clinic visits, and will likely return for future visits. During my last trip, I found the sink and toilet a bit slow to drain. My bed also felt cold, but after a night with an extra blanket I found in a drawer tossed over the covers, the housekeeping staff made up my bed with an extra blanket tucked into the comforter cover -- without being asked. Do be sure to go over your bill before checkout, as reservations booked through Expedia are automatically charged for parking (even if you didn't drive) -- but the staff is happy to correct it.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
e
"Great Hotel, but BAD Parking!!!"
This hotel was very nice. The front desk staff was nice to us and our son. However the parking situation is not what they claim. There are maybe 50 spaces for a hotel with 200+ rooms. You will have to park across the street at the Mayo Clinic ramp which they do validate for. Also we were informed that when checking out that we were going to be charged $12 plus tax for parking since we did not book through their corporate site. Was able to get them to waive the fee but had to go a few rounds with the desk clerk before she would waive it. Also the parking spots, if you can find one, are not sized for big family vehicle, such as our Kia Sportage.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Jamie
Average rating no parking sheets didn't tuck into the bed breakfast average.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Pay in cash!"
Liked the hotel but I was billed for 4 extra rooms and I can't get anyone to call me back to fix the charges. Going up to cooperate office after 6 unanswered phone calls. Hard to tell they are over booking you when you check out, MAJOR PAIN, use Caution!
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Cheri
"Pay Cash, to avoid the headaches later."
Stay was great, would have recommended it until I got my bill and was billed for 4 extra rooms. When I called they have a totally different bill than what my credit card states and now I can't get a manager to call me back. Not happy with the front desk staff or management right now!
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
Cheri
worked out great for what we needed. Minus the fact that there was a very rowdy jr high boys basketball team there.. The pool was a mad house. But no fault of tr hotel. Service was pleasant and check in was easy. Would stay again.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Bambi
"Basketball Tourny"
Great location, great beds. Truly enjoyed my stay.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"Very satisfied"
Very satisfied - cean, quiet, comfortable, and close to the Rochester Civic Center.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Ron
"Quiet, roomy, comfortable. Very convenient to Mayo"
Very pleased with this hotel. First time to Mayo. Subway tunnels extremely convenient. Excellent restaurant (Crossings) in hotel, along with Caribou Coffee and Freshens. Stealth elevators made no noise. Rooms spacious and comfortable. Very clean and efficient.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Jill
"Nice Hotel very close to Mayo Clinic"
The staff went out of their way to accommodate any need I had. I travelled to Mayo alone. I had some tests which required "an adult to accompany me home" and the Front Desk staff came to Mayo and made sure I got to my room OK. They later called to see if was doing well. I recommend this hotel to anyone who has to stay near Mayo or is visiting Mayo Clinic.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Desk help needs help"
Room was very nice and clean. When we checked in the desk clerk was busy talking to another coworker and did not acknowledge us, then another guest walked up and were helped before us. Clerk should have let other party know we were waiting first. At checkout the clerk seemed confused how to helper guest on getting a shuttle to the airport, finally just handed the phone to them without explaining what he was doing
keith
"Convenient for mayo clinic appointments"
Parking was ridiculous. Wouldn't stay here again, unless it was for a mayo clinic appt. Rooms are decent, staff was not the most friendly. Stayed on the 2nd floor, and it was very noisy.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Best location for Mayo Clinic visits ."
Great place, great location. Perfect for making multiple trips to Mayo for appointments.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
We very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were there for our daughter to see a doctor at Mayos. It is the perfect hotel for the location to the clinic and hospital. I enjoyed the nice work out area. Plenty of machines and very up to date.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Sherri
We had a great, problem free stay. The staff was very accommodating and friendly and the room was just what we needed. I love the Caribou in the lobby as well as the ease of connecting with other buildings in the Mayo complex.
1 night family trip Feb 2, 2015
"Mayo perfect"
Perfect place for a mayo patient!
1 night family trip Feb 3, 2015
SHari
"Visit to Mayo Clinic"
Overall, a very good experience. For more feedback see our comments below.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was just what we needed. We enjoyed staying there.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Close to everything Mayo"
Very accomadating and close to everything! Room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Hotel very close to Mayo Clinic with subway access"
Check in not so good. Had requested soft pillows. They never materialized. Restaurant good.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Past residents old food left in our refrigerator i"
Past residents old food left in our refrigerator.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Needs cleaning."
Room was not clean. Bathroom floor clearly had not been cleaned and the blanket (between the sheets) was filthy. Have had good experiences here prior but this was poor.
Response by Kahler Inn and Suites - Mayo Clinic Area
Dear Shawn, Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your most recent stay at the Kahler Inn and Suites. I'm sorry to here that you encountered some problems with your room not being cleaned. That is not the standard we strive for at the hotel, and has been addressed to improve in the future. We do hope to see us again in the near future.
2 night family trip Jan 12, 2015
Shawn
"Good, could be better."
We booked our Kahler room for twelve days in conjunction with a visit to the Mayo Clinic. The primary advantage of this and several other hotels in the area is the connection via a tunnel/bridge system to the clinic facility. This meant not having to go outside in the Minnesota winter unless we wanted to, a big plus. You can actually cover quite a bit of ground at the subway level and visit other hotels and shops if you're up for the hike. This hotel has been refurbished fairly recently and is still in pretty good shape from a wear and tear standpoint. A free breakfast is offered, but the selection is limited and it tended to be hit and miss. Twice we went down to eat and found no eggs, no biscuits and no gravy; they were not exactly prompt about refilling the depleted items. Other times we ate elsewhere for breakfast because of the menu monotony. We ate at Crossings, Kahler's restaurant, and found it to be good. The prime rib was tasty, but my baked potato was only warm, not hot. I did not complain but I should have. At the time of our visit, a Caribou Coffee was located in the lobby of the hotel and I can't tell you what an asset that was for us. Having good, reasonably priced coffee (free refills!) so near and so available got each day off to a good start. Overall, we were happy with our stay. The only real demerit we give the Kahler (and it's a big one) is the comfort of the mattresses. The beds just did not suit us, but being locked in to an Expedia deal, we made do.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Howeird
"not great, not bad."
Clean but dated room. Check in was slow but workers were polite.
1 night family trip Jan 13, 2015
"Kahler Suites Experience"
Location excellent for Clinic patients and free parking. 2 small concerns....room temperature was difficult to regulate and food in the 1st floor restaurant left alot to be desired..
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
Anver
"Nice place next to Mayo Clinic"
The experience was good. Everything was fine. What can you say. The check-in & check-out went very well. The room was nicely decorated and clean.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"EXCELLENT LOCATION for Gonda, Mayo, Hilton and"
My parents and I have stayed at multiple hotel locations in Rochester for their medical appointments and procedures. This hotel has by far provided the best location, amenities and service. The rooms are large and clean, with small refrigerator and coffee machine. The hallways are wide and bright. caribou coffee shop and a great restaurant inside that serves breakfast lunch and dinner with a really diverse menu selection. Friendly staff. Directly across from the Charlton building and caddy corner to Gonda mayo and hilton buildings. If a wheelchair is needed, you can take one from Mayo and keep it next to your room to use the next day.
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
cheryl
"Quick Visit"
Have stayed before (pre Marriot). Seems to have improved in many ways.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Don
"Perfect location for Mayo visit"
My adult son and I were in Rochester for a medical visit to Mayo Clinic. The location of the hotel was perfect, connecting us underground so we didn't have to go outside at all. The temperature was 10 degrees the week we were there. We especially enjoyed Crossings restaurant in the hotel. The food was wonderful and the staff made us feel like we were home. Carribou Coffee and Jimmy John's were just off the lobby. We would definitely stay there again if we ever need to visit Mayo.
9 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
eric
"I Will Stay Again"
This hotel has subway access to Mayo which made it convenient for me to get to my appointments. My room was very clean and the bes was comfortable. The only thing 8 wish was different was the scratchy, dated blanket on the bed. They just need to invest in newer, nicer blankets. Otherwise, my stay was great. I will be staying here again when I return.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Kristina
"So convenient!"
Just a few minutes indoor walk from the Mayo. Clean, convenient. ..and the breakfast was above average. Will definitely book again when we are in town.
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
jill
"Convenient place to stay for a Mayo Clinic visit"
Anyone coming to the Mayo Clinic for appointments or treatment should consider the Kahler Inn and Suites. It is ideally located via the Subway system to the Mayo campus. The staff is overwhelmingly positive and upbeat which is very, very helpful when facing what could be life threatening news.The Crossings restaurant is good, the complimentary breakfast more than adequate. Parking is on site.
7 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"The Rossen Reports & how he should visit Kahler"
The Today Show has an undercover reporter who reviewed several chains of hotels,small& large. After watching his sickening hotel cleanliness report,I'm buying a Black Light! Let me begin by saying I am Disabled and was accompanied by my son. At first, the room appeared clean.then the toilet over flowed. Housekeeping NEVER re-sanitized AFTER TOILET WAS FIXED. Couldn't get a LIVE PERSON from housekeeping the entire stay. Front desk phone rang no less than 10 times before answered. Front desk personnel gave incorrect city directions, provided no info on city attractions,food discounts, or free transportation. NO COMPUTER,NO STATIONERY,NO PENS, Room into bathroom is open so you can't get up in the middle of the night without putting the light on & walking up the other guest. No microwave. After tipping the housekeeper,she slacked off. The sink area never cleaned, all linens and bed covers not new and fresh.Same boring breakfast everyday.
NOREEN