All hotels in Madrid, Spain
Cuesta de Santo Domingo, 5, Madrid, Madrid, 28013, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Gran Melia Palacio de Los Duques

"A lovely Hotel"
11/17/15 Priscilla2589 Varsity Lakes, Australia
We stayed here after travelling around Spain for 2 weeks. Very central as there are lots of taxis around the hotel, that aren't expensive. The room was spacious & nicely furnished, the staff were friendly & most helpful. We would stay here again, without a doubt.
"Romantic Wedding Anniversary"
08/27/15 Michele L Washington
This hotel is in a great location - walkable to so many great restaurants and sites in Madrid. The staff was wonderful -- and they upgraded us for a tiny amount to an amazing palatial penthouse suite with sloping ceilings and lovely views. We couldn't believe the space - and the finishing touch was a radio in the wall with various stations. It was our 30th wedding anniversary and we were so thrilled to hear some of our favorite music serendipitously.
"Great for business & exploration"
07/09/15 PragueTravelerCZ Prague, Czech Republic
I visited this hotel during my business trip few weeks ago. It was my first trip to the Melia chain hotels, so I was looking forward. The checkin was a bit difficult - I don’t understand why there is no better organisation of the checkin - it was a bit chaotic - but it is standard in Melia hotels, as I have seen so far. The room was well decorated, free safe locker (which accommodated my MacBookPro after small improvement), nice view and clean bathroom. The bathroom was a bit weird - there is almost no space between toilette and bidet - it was quite tough even for me to pass to the bath. There was unfortunately no regular shower, but I can live with it. Room was cleaned daily to perfection ! One of the key advantages of this hotel is the location - it is right in the middle of everything - I spend there 4 nights and did not have to use any other transportation than my foot during whole stay ! I did not book with breakfast, because there are other opportunities nearby, but one of my colleagues who did, told me it was not worth the price. This hotel provided me with the same value as IHG de la Villa in Rome few weeks ago - but the IHG was 4x more expensive. This hotel is my new base camp for all the trips in Madrid - great for city exploration and I was so much happy with the price / value ratio, so I decided to join Melia Reward program and stayed in other 2 Melie hotels since then.
"Good hotel but could do with some refurbishment"
07/03/15 Terry G
This hotel, situated in the centre of Madrid did not have all the amenities offered by the more modern hotels, although it's quaint characteristics has some charm. The rooms were on the small size for a high quality tourist hotel and the room safe did not work - an essential feature in an area where pickpockets and theft seem to be a way of life. The general assessment was that the hotel was very clean, although the selection of food available at breakfast was very limited and not offering the selection usually associated with a hotel of this calibre This hotel would be ideal for a brief city break but I would not wish to stay there for any considerable period of time
"Nice hotel, needs a facelift- and getting it."
06/28/15 Mtd1978 Community of Madrid, Spain
We stayed at the Ambassador for our final nights in Spain. All in all very nicely appointed in a old fashioned motif. The room is wonderful, bed and linens comfortable and clean. Staff courteous, helpful and speak English better than I speak Spanish ;-) Our room is nicely furnished with overstuffed chairs, a writing desk,a dn a very nice bathroom. That said, The cosmetics are in need of updating ie the paint and hallway carpets etc. Which we discovered is happening immediately after our stay! We enjoyed our stay here and certainly feel this great hotel is worthy of the reinvestment the ownership intends to put in. We would stay here again. Only discrepancy was that we booked a double at around 115€ per night and when we arrived were informed that to have a single bed (as opposed to two beds) we would have to pay an additional 15€ per night... .? Not sure why this happened but we are none the less very happy with our experience here.
"Hotel with potential closed for summer remodeling"
06/25/15 mxalpert chicago, Illinois
This hotel had a lot going for it in terms of large rooms with nice wooden floors, decent bathrooms, good location, nice lobby, attentive staff and good breakfast, HOWEVER, the carpeting, caulking, paint and other features were in much need of some updating. We were happy to learn that they were closing for the summer in order to remodel the hotel. This would be a nice place to stay once that happens.
"Great location, old hotel"
06/18/15 sascanlan Tucson, Arizona
We stayed here on a Grand Circle tour. The location was fabulous near the palace and plazas. We could walk everywhere. Our rooms weren't ready until after 4:00 and we were assigned a great room on the second floor - I think it was 206. It was very large and had a sitting area. The other rooms were quite small, we heard from our fellow travelers. The breakfast was okay. The bar service and front desk service was not very good, nor very friendly. The hotel needs a remodel. One night I had room service and it arrived in 10 minutes and was very good.
"Budget accommodation perfectly located."
06/12/15 happywanderer031 Melbourne, Australia
Stayed 8 nights April, 15. Chose the cheaper option wondering why it was so. Looking at the hotel we realized there appear to be two hotels side by side. The right side appeared more opulent while the left side (ours) was clean, spacious, comfortable and half the price. No complaints about the room, we got what we paid for. The breakfast (same for everyone) was disappointing. Everything was there but the hot food was not worth eating. Pastries fruit yoghurt etc all adequate. Service and restocking was poor especially when busy. Staff very friendly and helpful. The location in a side street is very quiet while being close to Gran Via (shopping, architecture), a host of major tourist attractions, plenty of eating options and 3 Metro stations that will take you almost anywhere in Madrid or further is desired. Highly recommended.
"Great location, great staff"
06/10/15 AlinThC Bucharest, Romania
The major advantages of this hotel are the central position and a very professional and helpful staff. Yes, it looks obsolete, but it will very soon enter in a major and well-deserved renovation (and become more expensive...). After that, the noise of the aircon will surely disappear and the windows will be soundproof and easy to open/close. Good breakfast with good service, clean rooms and baths.
"Sightseeing "
06/08/15 Scrappyjaz
Lovely hotel in great, central location. Really enjoyed the breakfast. My room was at the front and it was extremely noisy from the chatter from the 2 bars below until 2am on weekends. Very noisy aircon although much needed as it was very hot in madrid in June. Would recommend overall - ask for room at back of hotel.