All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
305 N Broadway St, Portland, OR, 97227, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

2.7
"Basic motel - breakfast ridiculous"
Convenient location as you can walk to city. Breakfast is a joke - nowhere to seat and only sugar-loaded plastic-wrapped danishes. Staff not very welcoming. Rooms ok - not very clean. Older motel. But convenient to have free parking this close to city
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"Not worth $100"
Ants in the bed, strong perfume smell inside dirty
1 night trip with friends May 31, 2015
Saad
"Rat Traps?"
There were rat traps
5 night business trip May 17, 2015
"Shoddy"
The motel is in such shoddy condition, The bed had only one thin blanket with a large hole in it, room was cold, no internet access, no stopper for the bath. Traffic noise significant at night, take your ear plugs.The only good thing about this place is it's location, just beyond the Broadway bridge, walking to the Pearl district was quick, street car stops just across the street. The "continental" breakfast was Bad coffee with prepackaged fake pastries, the sort found in vending machines at a greyhound stations. I would not stay here again.
4 night business trip May 5, 2015
Linda Sue
"Decent value for the money."
Decent value for the money. Rooms are a tad worn, but clean. Friendly hotel personnel. Within walking distance of the convention center.
5 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Alan
"It's an econo lodge"
You know what you're getting here. It is an econo lodge and not the Sheraton. It's a clean, comfortable, budget friendly hotel walking distance to the convention center.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Shabby, and not chic"
I'm just fine with bare bones, but this motel has a shabby component which will keep me from returning. The rack for hanging up clothes in the room had been taken off the wall - so there was no where to hang clothing. The steps between floors were covered with some kind of carpet, and many had areas where the material was curling up - creating a real hazard for tripping. Walkways in front of the rooms not clean. People who rotated at the front desk seemed not to care about anything - guest needs, overall appearance of the property, etc. The positive notes I can find are that the fridge worked well, and the shower was good.
3 night business trip Apr 9, 2015
Brant
Not too many retaurants nearby. This would be okay if you have a car, but it's not the greatest neighborhood to walk at night. If you have a Tri-Met pass, this might be less of an issue.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"NCAA tournament getaway."
We like this Econo Lodge because of its location to the Moda Center. The staff is supper friendly. The rooms are a tad outdated, but they are clean and comfortable.
4 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2015
"Best location for MODA"
Hotel has pleasant staff. It is great for MODA location - just a short walk across the street. Hotel is rundown but still worth the price due to location
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"heater is not funtion well:noisy and can't adjust"
heater was too noisy,and can't adjust right otherwise this is a ok hot e l to stay one night。
1 night family trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nothing fancy, but totally satisfactory"
This is not a fancy place, but it is immaculately clean, and it's close to downtown, right at the east end of the Broadway Bridge. You can walk across the bridge and be in downtown Portland in 20 minutes or so. I thought the beds and pillows were very comfortable--nice and firm. I slept extremely well here. The man at the front desk was very sweet and helpful. Best of all, it's very quiet! It's right across from the Moda Center, and I realized that some of our fellow guests were young folks who'd come for a sporting event. "Uh oh," I thought--they're going to come back from the game at midnight drunk and make a tremendous racket. And indeed, I heard them return, but as soon as they stepped into their rooms, there was dead silence. I once or twice perceived a footfall in the room overhead, but I could not hear one single hint of voices or music or TV from any other room. Wonderful! I would definitely stay here again. Note that the heating/cooling is via a guest-controlled unit in the room rather than a thermostat (I'm pretty sure), so it takes a little more managing than a room where you just set the thermostat.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Great for what I needed."
Stayed in town while in training. The room was nice and quiet while studying in the evening. With a refrigerator so I was able to have foods I can eat on my restricted diet with me. The breakfast is only prepackaged Danishes coffee and juice and I was not able to take advantage of that. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who does not need frills and wants to be close to downtown. Right on the transit system is a plus.
5 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
Krisstina
"satisfactory"
Room OK. Service not all too much. Breakfast practically not existing. Location is very good given the price.
1 night trip with friends Feb 4, 2015
"Staff is very unfriendly and rude"
The room was clean however. Don't bring more than one car since even tho there is tons of parking they charge you $10 for any vehicles over 1.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Just fine"
Good value for close to downtown and pleasant staff. Not a resort, but a good deal and surprisingly quiet. Will go back if in Portland again.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Close to Moda Center and Pearl District"
Easy access to downtown Pearl District and not so nice Chinatown. Across the street from Portland streetcar stop that was only $1.00 to ride across the Broadway Bridge into Pearl District. Near Amtrak station and Moda Center. Hotel is a bit old but you get what you pay for. If you pay for Economy dont expect 4 star frills. Convenient, reasonably priced and a good location. Breakfast is coffee, orange juice and pre-packaged danish.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
fellow traveler
"Basic, okay room."
Noisy from Max train right across the street. Basic room, included coffee maker which I wasn't expecting. Would have liked a hair dryer as I didn't have room to pack mine. No vending machines or food available within walking distance.
1 night trip Nov 3, 2014
Shelley
"dirty"
Service was very cold upon check in. Room had a funny smell and a large bug on the ceiling. When I pulled the sheets back, there was still an impression in them from the previous guest. I ended up leaving and driving overnight. The downfall of booking at this site.
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
Jon
"poor hotel"
The hotel manager charged my credit card a $50 dollar fee as a deposit and never returned the deposit...the place is dirty..soda machine was out of order so no cold drinks and it was 90 degrees in Portland that day...coffee in the office in the morning was not even drinkable...terrible place...would never recommend this place to anyone..
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Catherine Holland
"Downtown access"
Close to streetcar depot. Easy access to downtown. Room was clean and had everything we needed.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"Know where you are located!"
Office man couldn't tell us how to get to major areas, plus he didn't even know exactly where we were! He finally gave us a map.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
not impressed
"Very nice people"
The gentleman at the front desk was very nice to me. I was having a hard entrance into portland. He was very sweet and turned my day around.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
This property is quite old and has not apparently been updated except for relatively new carpet. The walls were dingy, everything looked tired. The only good thing about it was the location, directly across the street from the streetcar line that goes downtown and to the Pearl district. Very easy to use.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
One night stay
"Location"
Great location, loved Rose Garden and proximity to downtown and I5. Clean, good bed, tiny in-room coffee maker (byo coffee), crappy packaged danish-ish sugar items and bad coffee for breakfast, give that a miss.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Friendly staff"
I want to command the staff for their friendliness and helpfulness.
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Andre
"Great price for being so close to downtown"
This was my second stay here. The rooms are large, clean, and very close to DT. You do hear a bit of traffic noise from the street but this happens in all motels. For the price you can beat it!! Looking forward to staying here on my next visit.
2 night business trip May 7, 2014
"Why is Convention Center part of the name?"
For the price, the room was clean enough, but was not as clean as I would have it. The bed was very comfortable. I liked it better than the one at my home.
1 night business trip May 3, 2014
K M
"Perfect Location"
We got in easily. Parking lot was easy. Walked EVERYWHERE because the location was perfect. Nobody bothered us. Check-out was easier!
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"Close to Rose Quarter"
This isn't the most glamorous hotel but for an over night stay when attending an event in the area, it is very convenient. Employees are very nice. Will stay again.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2014
"Rose Garden was really close"
I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness. The Rose Garden was within walking distance. I would stay there again for another concert.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Cindy
"The hotel was dingy and dumpy. No parking!"
The hotel was dingy and dumpy. Unclean and VERY rundown! Towels are given sparingly, the TV, furniture, chairs are antiquated. Worst of all, the parking is the WORST! The Portland convention center is nearby, and the hotel staff sells their hotel parking out for those venues, leaving the folks that booked a hotel stay no where to park. When I arrived friday afternoon and there was no place to park I was VERY UPSET! IF you can find parking, and you leave to go somewhere, when you come back, you have that parking issue all over again. I had to walk 6 blocks down the road for lunch just because I didn't want to lose my parking space again (which by the way is a compact-small parking space .. good luck with a truck like I had!). There were light bulbs missing in the room, 40 watt with what was there, very dark rooms. My room was missing a smoke detector. :-/ Continental Breakfast was a joke too. Pre-packaged pastry (stale!) and coffee/orange juice (the hotel mgr pours the OJ for you sparingly so that it doesn't go to waste). Give me a break!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Sad
"Good location to downtown"
Good for a quick nights stay. Only a 10 minute drive to forest Park and to downtown Portland. The continental breakfast is really just some donuts and coffee, which was okay because we wanted to try some Portland-Esque breakfast places anyway.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Emma K
"Whatever"
Not great, but not the worst either. The room was clean, so I wasn't afraid of the sheets or anything, but the bed was like a rock. The pillows were pretty bad too. Suffice it to say, I didn't get a good nights sleep. The location was good for what I needed, and the shower was hot and had decent water pressure. The guy who checked me in had zero personality. Almost seemed annoyed that I had interrupted something more important. Oh well. Guess I will find somewhere else to stay next time.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"No hot water for shower."
No hot water for shower in the morning. I was in the shower for 10min. water was warm (not hot) for 30seconds. Cold water for rest of time in shower. And they charge $90+tax. I will never stay in this place again.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
Marty
"Close to Moda Center"
I liked the motel's location, the outer appearance was clean, and the staff was basically friendly. Room service did come and wake us up at a ridiculously early hour, but oh well. I would recommend this place.
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2014
I drove 15 hours to a hotel that the Heater didn't work with 28degrees out side and econo didn't do anything to try fixing.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Dec 27, 2013"
First problem I had spin arrival was the they said room was for 2 people when I needed it for 4. Econo wanted to charge me 10.00 for each additional person. I spoke to expedia person an they told me I would get a 25$ credit for The inconvince This never happen. Then once in the room the heater did not work. I called the desk a person came to room . He checked the heater by sticking. His hand in front and said give it 5 or 10 min more. Well it was 28 outside and it was about 50 inside. Everyone was cold. Upon check out person said I would get a 30% credit and that didn't happen. Have not received any emails from anyone
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Very nice and very fine hosts
2 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Mr and Mrs. Enge
"Close to Rose Garden"
Room was missing luggage stand and expected microwave, but for rate it was still a good value. Econo Lodge is within an easy walk of Rose Garden and Convention Center, which is why we stayed there. If I were to attend another event at nearby venues, then I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Reserved 2 rooms. One door opened from outside even when locked. Dirty rooms. Sketchy neighborhood. Homeless trolling parking lot outside of room. Did not feel safe - we arrived late & stayed with worry and cancelled out second night.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
"adequate room for an ok price"
somewhat convenient location and an ok room for the price
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2013
"Overall good"
The hotel is a little old and used but it's not dirty. The pearl district of portland is located just across the bridge. There is a lot within a 20 min walk.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Shelby
"OK"
If traveling on business I would not stay here. Breakfast is not going to do much of anything for you. If economy is the name of the game for the night within the city it isn't bad however. My room did have a little musty smell to it and there was no closet to hang close. But there were lots of movie chanels and the parking lot was well lit.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
very satisfactory, excellent location to get around town
4 night trip Sep 16, 2013
No hot water. Ran it for almost 20 minutes still none but needed a shower so had to take a cold shower. Not pleasant. Only thing that I really wasn't happy with
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Sink stopper didn't work, should be repaired
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
Carlita
"No Frills Place to Stay"
There's really very little to say about the Econo-Lodge. It's a relatively inexpensive motel on a busy street in the Rose Quarter. The rooms are comfortable enough for a night's stay, clean enough to hang out and escape the rain, but nothing to write home about. The best thing about the motel is its proximity to Upright Brewing and the Stingray Cafe.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
Doug W.
"Wedding In Portland, OR"
My girlfriend and I went to Portland for a wedding. We needed a hotel that was reasonably priced and had a good location (as we did not desire to take taxis to all of the wedding events). Of the places in Portland, this hotel is definitely the best bang for your buck. The hotel is located just across the bridge from the Pearl District. Though it is just a 7-10 minute walk across the bridge, you have the option to take the street car as it picks up just across the street from the hotel (only $1). The last note to make about its location is that you can access this hotel very easily from the airport without using a taxi (use the train). The actual accommodations are nothing special. It's obviously not the Marriott, but it's definitely not a motel 6 either. The bed is reasonably comfortable, there is a fridge to store food, and the cable is more than sufficient to keep you entertained for a night in. The cleaning staff does a good job; and they are trustworthy as I left my electronics out every day and never had them disappear. The water pressure in the shower is good, and the air conditioner works well. Overall I have no complaints.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Travis
"Great spot for concert"
Good location close to rose garden. Perfect location across street from rosé garden.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013