All hotels in Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America

Very comfortable hotel ! The best hotel we ever stayed.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Falter
"Amazing, relaxing and truly enjoyable"
My stay at Royal Palms was wonderful. ALL the employees were beyond nice and super attentive. Food, pool and the room was perfect.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
lora
great room great spanish style great and fast warm service free water and beverage but the pool is small and the mosqutoea go crazy. got more than 20bites. Careful for blood O type people.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Wonderful Resort"
One of the best resorts we have ever stayed at. Beautiful facility, tremendous amenities, warm, friendly, helpful and hospitable staff. Room, pool area, spa, lobby and grounds exquisitely maintained. T Cooks was one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten at. Beautiful setting at the foot of Camelback Mountain. Great location-quiet and serene at the resort, but near a lot of restaurants and shopping. Full of a rich and storied history. Will return, again and again.
Response by Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts
Thank you for your outstanding review of Royal Palms! We are thrilled to read that this was one of the best resorts you have ever visited. We look forward to welcoming you back again, and again, and again!
5 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Jerry
"Good location and service"
Clean room and comfortable bed
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
The grounds were beautiful and the hotel was very relaxing. The staff was outstanding and very attentive. I wish we could have stayed more than one night!
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Everything was great."
The spa was a little cold. Registration area is to small.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Gorgeous hotel in Old Scottsdale"
This stunning hotel, on impeccable grounds, in the shadow of Camelback Mountain reflects the beauty and grace of a more elegant time in Scottsdale. One simply cannot find a lovelier place to stay.
Response by Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts
Thank you for your review of our historic estate! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
ARM
Great luxury hotel. T Cooks serves delicious food. Pool setting is serene. We have stayed here about 10 times as it is so nice.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Business trip"
Great experience! Wonderful staff! Facility a beautiful charming resort!
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Mari
"Very Relaxing Experience"
The casita was beautiful and charming. In the morning we took advantage of the spa and enjoyed the eucalyptus steam bath, outdoor lounging, warm spa, and great showers. A pina colada by the pool was a perfect finish to our morning. Then off to Scottsdale Fashion Square and Biltmore. Next time my visit will be longer.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Sue Lyman
"romantic"
cleanliness of room/resort, quality of service was perfect. Perfect for a romantic getaway. would definitely be back
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2014
"Tarnished Reputation"
This property has the reputation of an old school, high class property. I had a terrible experience here. First the property has very low occupancy this time of year (hence, the discounted rates). Yet they put me in a poorly configured handicapped room for no apparent reason. Had an important business meeting the next morning, and found that my room had no hot water! Waited for some repair assistance, and finally gave up and took a cold shower. Then I got transfered later that night to an very hot room. Took all night to cool off, with little or no sleep. Horrific experience.
Response by Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts
We are very disappointed to read your review and sincerely apologize for the experience you had. This certainly does not sound like the standards we maintain. We hope that you will return to our property so we can provide the level of service that we are best known.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Best hotel ever!"
I stay at 4 & 5 star hotels around the world, This is the best hotel i have ever stayed at. It's intimate, the grounds are beautiful, the restaurant amazing and the staff go OVER THE TOP to meet your needs. I will definitely be returning!
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
"Oasis in the desert"
Beautiful, historic property. Exquisite example of Mexican colonial style architecture with hidden pools, fountains and courtyards. Room with bathroom for handicapped guest was comfortable but not huge. Easy to access elevator to parking garage.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
J
This was the 1st time I have stayed at this hotel and loved it!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Erika
"Great place"
Everything great about this place -like a tranquil oasis. Only negative is cost of parking and resort fee
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Martin
"When you want a full service, tip free environment"
When you want to go to a place where you will be treated like you own the property. This is it. Relaxing and elegant. We are goimg back! The gift they gave us for our anniversary was unexpected and perfect. GO HERE!!!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Walt
"Great hotel.. Nice and quiet.. Great Staff!"
We stayed at this hotel over the weekend. Great Staff and no kids! The spa was awesome and the valet guys were all over it.. The poolside cabana was a great deal and the staff made you feel like a VIP.. Thanks to the entire staff of The Royal Palms!
Response by Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Royal Palms and felt like a VIP! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
"Romantic and quaint resort"
The resort is sprawling and made up of various buildings connected by walkways and various sitting areas. It's fun just to walk around and see the vegetation and numerous outdoor fireplaces, fountains etc. The room we had was showing its age and the bathroom looked old and was in need of repair. The A/C was a bit loud and had a hard time keeping the room as cool as we would have liked. The food is excellent as is the service. The pool is small but very clean and well-maintained and the lounge chairs are extra comfy.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2014
Maria D
"Relaxing"
The hotel was lovely, quiet as it is summer in Phoenix. We found a decent price too. They "upgraded" us from an estate suite to a montivista suite - we went from a large room with no balcony to a smaller room with a balcony. The bell staff were polite and professional. We called in the morning to request a late check out and were denied anything greater than 30 minutes due to business demands! This after being told how slow things are this time of year when we checked in. The lady who we spoke to at concierge not only did not provide her name, she did not seemed the slightest bit remiss about denying our request and had placed us on "a brief hold" (5 minutes). This left a sour taste in our mouthes and questioning if we would return. We both work in hospitality, at a high end resort, and were shocked at the lack of customer service from the concierge.
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2014
"Romantic older hotel"
The grounds are beautiful. It's a historic older hotel that is decorated with rustic furniture and clever decor. Very romantic and charming. I would not use the word luxurious but they make the effort. The first room they put us in.was in the front of the property and close to Camelback Road. I could hear the traffic and so I asked to move. They were very accommodating and moved me to a casita for a few dollars more which was adorable with a littler patio in back and also in front with a view of the beautiful gardens. The bed was a little too soft for me but it was comfortable. It's been a while since their last renovation so it could use a little facelift but I really enjoyed it! Just be sure to put the do not disturb sign on your door or housekeeping will start knocking at 8 AM! The concierge was very knowledgeable of the area and made great recommendations for dinner and entertainment. Although we should've just gone to the restaurant on the property as Scottsdale is crazy on Friday night! A perfect hotel for a romantic getaway.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Ann
"Beautiful Retreat"
Planned to stay here for one night, but the place was so beautiful that we extended our stay.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Not what I paid for."
There was missing decorations in room 334 over the tub. The bathroom door was not hung right and drug across the floor. When I mentioned this to the bell hop whose name was Dunkin he just wiggled the loose decorations and said "They probably will not fall." The room was okay. I was not impressed with the air vents that were dirty as well as the fixtures that were very dusty. I figured when I stayed at the resort who had a 24 hour pool, that the pool area would at least have towels for 24 hours! I was informed the following day that there is no attendant to maintain this are after a certain time. I think the most impressive thing was the valet service. However, I am not happy that I was charged to park my car on property. Where else does one expect me to park my vehicle? Overall I would not return because this place is not very family friendly. It took quite a bit of time for my children to get pillows and blankets for their pull out bed. Mind you these were delivered at different times, not all at once. I will not reccomend this place to any family or friends looking to stay somewhere nice.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Aaron Lazarin
Staff was amazing and room was perfect. Highly recommend getting a craft cocktail at the bar and the restaurant for dinner or brunch; they are easily the best in Scottsdale.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
Scott W
"Not even close to a 5 star. Barely a 4"
Hotels.com showed this as a five star. Later I checked other sites and showed low fours to mid fours. I get it. If you like old southwest this is for you, but it is very old stuff. TV in suite bedroom was too small. maybe a 24 to 28? I paid for valet parking and next day got the dirty rained on car. I never thought someone trying to pass as a top hotel would valet outside and not bother to wipe the car they parked outside. In AZ we don't park luxury auto outside in the monsoon. T Cooks was great but the food is so so. Service was great. Our bag guy was outstanding and went out of his way. I won't stay here again with the Princess next door. But I wanted to be fair on the rating as this would be great for the right people.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
TJ
"Beautiful and wonderful staff. Outdated suite."
Have stayed before and wonderful. This time had suite which was outdated.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Wedding experience"
I will say every cent I spent was well worth it. The hotel and staff are awesome can't wait to visit again!!!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
braulio
Loved every minute.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
sandy
"Fair"
We didn't get the room we paid for. They substituted another room but it didn't had a bath. Then they didn't have record of the credits? Very disappointing when the next day they were more than 1/2 price online.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
pokes
"Great location, beautiful hotel, but............"
I really did enjoy my stay at the Royal Palms. I would recommend it, but just know what you're getting first. There are A LOT of great things: beautifully decorated rooms, close to Camelback Mountain, great place to eat within hotel (T. Cook's), reasonable price (at least in July when I went) and it is geared toward ADULTS ONLY. Not much for kids to do. I have two issues as to why I wouldn't go back (but please know it could be someone else's favorite Scottsdale hotel!). 1) I want a nice, resort-style pool and pool area. The Royal Palms pool is small and if the hotel is busy, the pool becomes even smaller. 2) Neither our mattress nor the pillows were comfortable. My shoulder would fall asleep regularly and you had to keep flipping over because the mattress wasn't soft enough. The pillows were either REALLY "mushy" offering no support or too spongey and just plain uncomfortable. Maybe I had an older room or something. If they upgraded their bedding and I really didn't prefer a larger resort-style pool, this hotel could get a 5 star rating.
Response by Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts
Thank you for your review and for recommending our property. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed our luxurious guestrooms, dining options and the property’s central location with close proximity to Camelback Mountain. Our pool area is more intimate than larger resorts but does fit the property size well. Many guests rave about our mattresses so we are very sorry to learn that you were uncomfortable. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back the next time you are in Arizona.
3 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
"Would Stay Here Again"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We love all the little coves to sit in around the hotel grounds with water fountains, etc. The food at T.Cooks was great! The bed was a little soft and TV is still on Analog. I also wished that they automatically brought ice to the room each day as opposed to having to call to get some or having to leave the maid a note. Other than that it was great. Small items. Great time!
4 night romance trip Jul 2, 2014
"Hotel is Beautiful, Service is declining"
The Royal Palms has always been our #1 choice over the past few years for a relaxing vacation but after our most recent trip I think we will be searching out a new option. The hotel is still one of the nicest properties in Scottsdale that isn't overrun by too many guests like the bigger properties but service is definitely declining from what we have experienced in previous visits. We rented a cabana by the pool and we were lucky if we got a drink every 90 minutes from Adam(i think that was his name). He was only one attendant servicing about 25 people at the pool but he only popped his head out occasionally from the kitchen area. Most guests had to stand at the bar until someone came out from the back and clean up previous guests towels to find shade. Then we were woken up by housekeeping at 8:30 in the morning to clean the room the day after 4th of July. I guess part of it was my fault for not putting the privacy sign on the door but the previous day they cleaned the room at 4:30PM so I assumed it would have been later. Hopefully this property can improve these easily resolved issues because it is a great place. We did have one other incident where we came back to the room one night and found the back door we locked open but luckily nothing was missing and the only odd part was a filthy bath tub which we never used. Front Desk was not concerned and we were leaving the next day so we didn't make a big deal of it.
Chad
"Just Ok"
We decided to give this a place a try because the outstanding reviews. The resort was beautiful but we had lights that did not work, the sink didn't drain, the TV did not work. They did offer to send someone to fix the lights in their defense but overall the place wasn't as nice as some of the other resorts we stayed in that week.
Response by Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts
Dan, Please accept our sincere apologies for the details that were missed in your guestroom. This certainly is not the standards that we maintain at Royal Palms and we do hope that you will return so we can provide an exceptional experience for you.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2014
"It was amazing!"
Amazing view and staff. Pool is a tad small but very calm and relaxing.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Drew
"Not worth it for the price"
I have requested a late check in and was at the hotel at 11 30.It was no problem.Since I booked a king bed and was traveling with my daughter I asked if they had 2 queens. They said they had a room and it was no problem .I regret changing it ,because maybe there was a chance it was better room then we stayed in .The room was facing the parking lot ,there was some drilling in the morning and some large track ( I think garbage) pick up . The carpeting in the room was dirty .I am against carpeting in the rooms .Its anti sanitary ! The bed mattresses was very soft and after 18 hours of traveling it was a unbearable to sleep. No tooth brushes or sleepers available . Good prt: the room and bathroom was very spacious ! The breakfast we ordered was great ! I think the menus was very good at the resort Hope that help !
Response by Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts
We are sorry to read your review. When planning your next visit, please contact our Reservations Team and we will ensure you are in the best room to accommodate your needs. We do offer guestrooms with two double beds that open up to our Montavista courtyard with a serene reflecting pool. Also, the front desk can certainly provide toiletries in the event that you need an item. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
elena L
"Not 5 star"
See title
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Over booked"
I wanted to stay at the Royal Palms, but Expedia overbooked the hotel and I had to settle for the Phoenician which is not the place I wanted to stay
Response by Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts
We are so sorry to read that you were relocated to the Phoenician due to the hotel being overbooked by a third party site. We look forward to welcoming you to Royal Palms the next time you need a relaxing local vacation.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"the best hotel ever"
so so so nice hotel for taking vacation. I want to be there ALL day.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
chris
"AMAZING!"
Could not express how impressed I was with the venue and all of the helpful, eager staff! This trip was truly amazing and everything you would want for a romantic getaway!
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2014
Christine
"Charged more then they told me"
Told me 30 fee for valet concierge tips/convenience. Checked out said total was 36 n some change check cc bill they charged me $140 and never mentioned it. I called they said it was for incedentals but never mentioned it. Said will be returned in 8-12 days? Plus charged me $11 n some change for two cans of pop out of wet bar seems excessive.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
keith
"Beautiful Property, But No HBO"
We have family in Phoenix and have stayed in virtually every resort there at some time over the years. This is a beautiful property in a great location, the staff is exceptionally cordial, and the room was very nice--but we had to watch the season finale of "Game of Thrones" on our iPad because there was no cable access in the room. That was very surprising (I hadn't bothered to ask about it before booking, because I just assumed it would be there) and quite disappointing in a place of this caliber.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
LAMSAtty
"Beautiful place"
My husband and I wanted to get away and this place was beautiful.
2 night romance trip Jun 13, 2014
Connie F
This place was great! It was a little stay-cation for us. Close to home and the price was right.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
Jared T.
"Best service ever!"
This was a "girls weekend" trip. We were continually blown away by the service we received. From check in to check out we were treated like royalty but also like old friends! So helpful, so friendly, so accommodating. The grounds were lovely, our room was beautiful, location was close to everything, our beds were divine. We would all go back and will definitely be recommending to friends!
3 night trip with friends May 29, 2014
J. Lancia
"Very cozy resort"
The staff was amazing, very friendly and helpful.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Only one night but received a great impression. Room clean and comfortable. Restaurant is excellent.
Other trip May 24, 2014
rodrigo
"Favorite ..... But issues for the 1st time"
This is our favorite place for a relaxing getaway. (We have stayed once a year for the last several years.) This stay was no exception-a relaxing getaway. The resort and service has no equal in Phoenix. However, for the first time we noticed cleanliness issues. Our drains in the shower and sink were slow to drain. Therefore water backed up in both the sink and shower. This is unacceptable !!! We will certainly return but hope they have fixed the drainage issue.
2 night romance trip May 16, 2014
Ivorytips
Beautiful property and the staff is very attentive to your every need. We will definately be going back!
Other trip May 18, 2014
Monica
"Royal Palm in Phoenix Review"
When checking in, was told by them that we had reserved two rooms instead of the one that we needed. The hotel quickly accommodated us be changing the res. to one. Since we had booked thru Expedia and the rooms were prepaid that we would have to contact Expedia for a refund on the second canceled room.. I am doing that now. Please send a reimbursement check Thanks for you consideration.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014