All hotels in Marina del Rey, California, United States of America
4375 Admiralty Way, Marina Del Rey, CA, 90292, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"R&R with great food not far"
I've stayed in hotels with nicer rooms, bigger bathrooms, better pools, but this hotel was clean, had very comfortable beds, a fun view, and the service was great. The hotel is a five minute drive from Abbott Kinney street in Venice which has some very good restaurants and fun shopping.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Absolutely Perfect!"
Second time I stayed in a Ritz Carlton and it was just as excellent as the first time. Over the top service - I mean better then anywhere else, luxururious, clean, friendly environment and staff. Awesome pool and huge outside hot-tube open 24/7, I mean who does that but Ritz. Great food, flexible and helpful with check-in and check-out. I run as exercise and was given directions to Venice beach and easily and fast got down there. Will definitly come back and recommend this hotel to anyone staying in LA.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Karl
"not good value for money"
just not worth that kind of outlay The Beverly Hilton was infinitely better and a 3rd of the price !
Response by The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
Dear Nick, Thank you for your comments on Expedia’s website. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our pool and the location. However, I am sorry that you felt the price was too high compared to the Beverly Hilton. There are a couple of possible reasons why we were more expensive. Demand during the time of year during your stay could be one factor. Even though both hotels are in the LA area we are both in distinct different markets within the LA area. I would like to try and assure you that we are competitively priced for our local market given the demand during those particular dates. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in our area. Sincerely, Tony Mira, General Manager
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Nick
"Ritz at the Marina"
Wonderful as always
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
ET
"Beautiful setting, close to many things"
We didn't know anything about the area or the hotel before we arrived. It was so comfortable at the hotel, we would have not minded spending all of our time there, but we traveled quite a distance. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and the cleanliness was remarkable!
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Bell
Club Level great, Concierge Edwardo top notch. Restaurant wonderful, heaters at tables on outside porch
Other trip May 28, 2014
US tourist
"Nice hotel at the Marina"
I had a pleasant five day stay at the hotel. Great to relax.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Sandy
"lovely stay"
It would have been better with free wi-fi in this day and age.
4 night trip May 9, 2014
"High-3end Marriott, but no "Ritz""
Hotel lobby and facilities were nice and up-to-date; however, rooms were quite tired and small in comparison to other Ritz- Carlton's. The staff is welcoming and goes out of its way to accomodate you; however, we waited over 3 hours after arrival for our room even though we were told it would be an hour. The room we received was supposedly an upgrade, which was a lot smaller than the regular room type that the rest of our family had checked into.
Response by The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
Dear A Verified Traveller, Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey. I sincerely apologize that you had to wait over three hours to check into your room. I will certainly follow up with our Front Office and Housekeeping Managers to see how we can improve our processes to have clean rooms available for arriving guests. Regarding our guestrooms, please know that in 2015 we will be completely renovating and updating each guestroom; from new carpet, paint, window coverings, bedding to a fresh and contemporary furniture design in the spirit of our philosophy; Light, Harmony and Water. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to see where we need to improve in our operation and to refine our processes to ensure that we continue to deliver excellent customer service. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey. Kind regards, Tony Mira, General Manager
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Convenient location for graduation at LMU"
The staff at this location was friendly, helpful and accomodating except the service in the restaraunt was extremely slow. The new trendy look does not fit with the traditional Ritz Carlton hotel. It seems as though so many hotels are buying in to the need to remodel the lobies with the 60's furnishing. I consider Ritz Carlton to be a traditional chain, with traditional service and European elegance....this hotel is trying to make a different statement with the modern decor. If you are looking for a traditional Ritz Carlton, you will find it in your room. The menu is short and is also trying to be trendy. There are only a few choices, so if staying for any period of time you will need to dine out to have variety in your food choices.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Bonnie
"Great hotel, near beach and other attractions."
Great Experience, great location, little pricey, but it's the Ritz Carlton.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Everything I thought it would be. Excellent"
Last minute stay. 5 star I. Everyway beautiful service was impecible. From valet to hotel service staff. Beautiful comfortable. Even the roll away bed Price was fair for all you get. By far out favorite
sue
"Great location, friendly and helpful staff."
Great location. Hotel staff were very pleasant. Nice views of the marina and the city. Clean room and good service, very good experience overall.
A
"Lap of Luxury, Gutter of Gouge"
The Ritz Carlton in Marina del Ray is a lovely hotel with a very attentive and pleasant staff. We booked this hotel as part of a package deal through Expedia so I do not know specifics about room rate. What I do know is this: All the extras left me feeling gouged! Parking was $40/day with no self-park option-valet only. Every time I used my car I had to tip the valet, easily another $10/day. I brought along my laptop to get some work done but decided against it once I learned the fee was $12.95/day. Even the business center charged for internet use by the minute. A glass of wine (the cheap stuff) costs $15/per glass. A bowl of oatmeal for breakfast cost $12, or in Ritzese "twelve." We also had numerous problems with our door lock not working properly. This eventually resulted in disassembly while we waited. At checkout, I reminded them of this and was offered a polite apology, nothing more.
Response by The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
Dear Bernie, Thank you for you feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. Your feedback is very important because it allows us to improve upon our guest’s total satisfaction. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the staff, the location and the facilities that the hotel offers. Regarding your comments about several of our price points, I sincerely apologize for your disappointment. However, please know that we conduct comparative studies on a monthly basis to ensure that our pricing is competitive. Please be assured that our prices are in line with the pricing at other luxury hotels in our area. Once again, please accept my apologies and I do hope that one day, I will be able to welcome you back to Marina del Rey. Sincerely, Tony Mira, General Manager
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Bernie
Very good location , facility, grounds on the marina. Great views ..
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Nice hotel. I like the marina view"
I sent my parent here as a surprise for their 45th anniversary. They enjoyed the treatment they received from the staff.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Nice but"
Hardened soap residue in shower soap tray. Bed was disheveled. And my room was above the front smoking area. Even though I was on the seventh floor I was inundated with smoke throughout the night and woke up coughing.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Getaway for my son and I. We enjoyed the pool area and basketball court immensely. I was not very pleased with paying 40 dollars a day plus tips for valet parking.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
"Beautiful Stay"
Hotel was cold and too breezy , which I thought was odd for California and we had to layer up to be comfortable in the main areas My room was beautiful and quiet, the only thing that didn't work was the espresso maker. Room service was prompt and responded with urgency to any requests. Recommend bringing your own hairdryer, theirs was too cool to work well . Food and drinks were well presented and delicious, hotel staff were very attentive and accommodating, which enhanced my experience greatly. The hotel is beautiful and elegant, my experience overall was one of luxe comfort!
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Excellent hotel, great views, staff, and service."
Stayed here for a long weekend and absolutely loved the experience. The entire staff was extremely professional, friendly, and helpful. The bartenders at the hotel bar Cast and Plow were outstanding, especially Seth. The entire hotel is beautiful, from the common areas to the rooms.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
Jared
"Very expensive, but not so Ritzie..."
The Ritz Carlton is of course a great hotel, however, I feel like the amenities don't match the cost of the hotel. I don't mind paying "extra" but in return I want "extra". You wont regret staying there because it is a nice place, but you may leave wondering why you paid as much as you did for what you got. If you dine in the hotel restaurant, prepare to be disappointed... And the only reason I wouldn't recommend it to a friend because I think you could stay at the Marriott, pay less, and get the same amenities.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
NYCDiva
"Horrible Hotel"
Construction right outside our window made our stay miserable. Pile drivers were operating for hours which eventually gave me a migraine. I rarely get migraines, but this extremely loud repetitive noise did it. We heard this morning and until 6 pm in the evening. The only saving grace was the fact that we were out of the hotel a good part of our stay. The construction is no where near being completed. We complained about the noise, as did several other customers. Our room was changed to a location further from the construction. The room was awful! It had a stained sink, a clogged tub and it was much smaller than the room size we paid for.
Response by The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
Dear Linda, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I was happy to read your positive comments about the staff and the many benefits of our location. However, I am very sorry that the construction noise disrupted your stay and that the second room you moved to did not fulfill your expectations. Please know that in 2015, we are planning for a complete renovation of our guest rooms and I think you will be pleased with the result. Unfortunately, the construction noise in the marina is completely out of the hotel’s control. The marina renovation is a Los Angeles County project and their work hours are firm; we have complained regarding the noise levels to no avail. Our only consolation is that the project will be moving to docks that are further away and the noise will be minimal. I hope that you will accept my sincerest apologies for not providing you with a true Ritz-Carlton experience. I do hope that you will consider staying with us once the marina and our rooms renovations are completed. Sincerely, Tony Mira, General Manager
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Excellent hotel staff"
I had a great experience in the hotel the staff is outstanding and the facilities great, will return definetly, and the location is excellent.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
jose oscar
Great Hotel - all of the staff were very friendly. beautiful remodel just completed
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Not a 5-star resort"
The worst customer service I've ever experienced at a so-called luxury resort. I will never stay their again under any circumstance.
Response by The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
Dear Robert G, I was very unhappy to read about your recent experience and I certainly can understand your level of disappointment regarding the service breakdowns. This is without question not the Ritz-Carlton experience we try to provide. We sincerely hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area to provide true Ritz-Carlton service and regain your faith in us. Thank you. Tony Mira, General Manager
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Robert G
My girlfriend and I came from Texas on Valentines Day to stay at The Ritz-Carlton. The hotel was breath taking very clean courteous staff and wonderful view of the city and ocean. Our first time experience staying at The Ritz-Carlton was a memory we will not forget.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
Greg
"Awesome"
Great customer service. The front desk staff are amazing. Thanks to Marilyn for being so accommodating and going out of her way to make our stay such a pleasure. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Nice, clean rooms - the restaurant area is right next to the Marina which is very peaceful. Easy to walk to other restaurants.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2014
"Beautiful hotel"
We splurged and thought it was well worth it. Great staff, beautiful room, etc. The only thing I'd re-think is whether I really needed to rent a car. The parking fee was $40 per day. For that I could have taken a cab places.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Good hotel, bad room experience."
AC did not work on our first 2 nights luckily there was an employee there named Michael who came buy a fixed it he was top notch.
Response by The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
I sincerely apologize that your AC did not work the first two nights of your stay. However, I was glad to read that Michael was able to fix the problem in a top notch fashion. I will certainly recognize him for doing a great job. Thank you. Tony Mira, General Manager
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
"Fantastic hotel and location"
Excellent, except car parking expensive as we were not told of this charge!
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"not what I expected"
Nice hotel. Staff friendly. Thought I requested a room with a water view but ended up with a view of parking lot. Room service food was cold. Don't know if I would go back.
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2014
"Wonderful for a quick getaway"
We asked whether an upgrade was available and got a room on a higher floor at no extra charge. The late-night room-service fruit plate and chicken tenders were delicious. We enjoyed hanging out by the fire pit with a friend who stopped by. The selection of in-room movies was good. The view of the marina, pool, tennis courts (which may not belong to the hotel), and town was lovely. Nearby Abbot-Kinney Blvd. in Venice has nice shopping and restaurants. We had a nice meal at one of the many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We always got a person when we called housekeeping, the front desk, or the valet.
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2014
jimstoic
"Great location!"
Very convenient to LAX, Venice, Santa Monica and Malibu.
4 night family trip Jan 3, 2014
R Parmer
"Christmas time at the Ritz"
Stayed a week at the hotel with family. Nothing to complain about. The ratings say it all. I will return and stay at this location again.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Pam
"Nice, but not necessarily convenient"
I enjoyed my stay. The service was excellent. Kind of an awkward location. Had to drive everywhere. If your looking for something closer to beach and walkable restaurants and shopping, then Santa Monica would be a better choice.
3 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2013
"Wonderful hotel !"
I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews sugesting that the room was in need of a makeover, but the room was excellent!Very clean, bed were super comfortable! Showers had excellent pressure and the staff was very attentive and promptly answered almost every request. (We had requested a rollaway bed when we booked since we have 3 kids, but they had run out ) The outdoor pool was heated comfortably and the gym was fine. I just wished thst they had some kayak or boating options since it is right on the marina ! Maybe next time !
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
nisha
"Great staff, great hotel, posers as guests"
Wonderful place to stay, a great location with top notch staff. I sat in the hotel bar for a drink and I can't tell you how many stuck up a holes with v necks and snobby girls that actually stay there. everything else was great.
2 night trip Jan 1, 2014
Overall, the hotel is nice. The staff was good for most of the part. I had an issue with the safe in my room which I was told will be taken care of but was never resolved.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
ss
"dog friendly hotel"
Stay was great not only because of the rooms, location, and the fact that hotel was dog friendly, but service was top notch...as expected from a Ritz hotel. My husband and son forgot their garment bags in the closets and Loss Prevention Dept located them and arranged to have them shipped to our home. Thank you Pete, Brian, and Marvin who went the extra mile. (We brought a 25lb Shiba Inu and hotel also provided bowl for food/water. There is grass/dog area located at back of hotel, very convenient for our shiba to do her business. We did not eat at hotel but walked along marina to Jamaica Bay Inn to have breakfast. Dogs are allowed at patio area.)
1 night trip Dec 25, 2013
GK
"hotel location"
Relaxing and fun!
2 night trip Dec 24, 2013
Gloria
"Nice room"
Room service was late, cold and wrong , plus hotel has major construction going on so the lobby is a mess
1 night trip Dec 23, 2013
Teri Argos
Our stay lived up to our expectations of a Ritz. Great service, great atmosphere.
1 night family trip Dec 14, 2013
"Best room service"
I only stayed at the deluxe room but it was so nice already. The room is beautiful, the staff is so friendly, and the housekeeping was ridiculously good. They cleaned everytime we left the room. They did a great job! The only downside is you have to pay $40/night for the valet parking. They don't have non-valet parking (because they're too fancy for it i guess). But overall excellent experience!!
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
Trinh
"Anniversary"
Very nice, however, my wife commented that the womans dressing room in the spa was poorly attended and had lots of used towels and gowns laying about.
1 night romance trip Dec 15, 2013
Gerard Marshall
"This is a 1st class hotel - no doubt about it!"
Only thing to say is that given it's 4+ star rating - realize that that is what it is. Quite upscale! They had valet parking at $40 a night - with no other option but to park across the road in a public parking lot at $6 every 24 hours which I very much appreciated. It was no real problem but something to be aware of as that was a shock at first. I personally felt sort of out of place being an average guy, dressed in an average way. But I must say the service was beyond excellent in every way, The bed was heavenly! The shower head was amazing - hard to explain why but the best ever. With every extra you can imagine. I treated myself to a room service dinner the last night of their best tenderloin - expensive yes! but the best I've ever tasted - soooo good. The service is excellent - no complaints just realize it's 1st class...all the way.. Thank you Expedia for the opportunity to stay here.
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
Ron
"NICE HOTEL"
SUPER
2 night trip Dec 5, 2013
JANNET
"Excellent stay"
We had our company's holiday party on one of the Fantasea Yachts which is next door to the Ritz. Stayed two nights. Service, location, facilities and people were excellent. Highly recommended.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Al
"Great Value"
Nice Hotel staff great, some work underway so no main restraunte open, but great visit.
3 night business trip Nov 22, 2013
"Stay here!"
It's exactly what you would expect from a Ritz Carlton property. Great service, knowledgable and friendly staff. 15 minutes from LAX in case that's useful.
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2013
"Stayed on the club floor with friends."
The club floor is the only way to go. Staff is excellent. Also loved the beautiful spa.
Other trip Nov 22, 2013