All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
415 Nahua Street, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Comfortable
    Bad breakfast
    Bad pool
The air conditioning wasn't all that good. Needs to be more air couldn't barely feel it
1 night trip with friends Feb 1, 2016
"No frills but good service hotel"
Apelila was the best!! So warm and inviting!! Best front desk EVER!!!
2 night business trip Jan 6, 2016
Keoni
"Bed Bugs"
It was ok until I found bed bugs and checked out immediately. When I notified hotel staff they offered to comp things off the room but there was no mention of heat treatment to any of my things or the space. The gentleman that helped me was very nice but I have a feeling this is not the first time this has happened.
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
"Great getaway great price"
Great customer service, really enjoyed the room, very clean and nice. Big bathroom not like those small ones in other hotels I've been to for this price. Very nice. Will be back for sure.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
Jonah
"Close to strip convenient"
Simple and easy to get to and get to the strip. Easy to find and parking was nice. Staff was friendly especially a woman named Dawn super helpful and assertive
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
There was construction noise and stained carpeting but otherwise pleasant stay.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
"mahalo nui loa"
This was affordable convenient and better than i expected to be honest. Love Aqua Pearl staff. I watch a total jerk go off on the woman at the front desk and she remained professional all the way.
2 night family trip Oct 14, 2015
"Not worth the rate"
Checking in was okay, clerk was pleasant however doesn't practice basic Front Desk 101. You should never say a guest room number aloud in public for others to hear. That is a no, no! The rooms was very undesirable. Was not able to walk in the carpet in bare feet as the carpet was just filthy. Bathroom not adequate. Bed not comfortable. Furnishings out of the 1970s. Room overlooked the main outside hallway so no way to let natural light in with lights on in the room. Also faced a parking lot and a building under construction which were not as bothersome as not being able to enjoy natural light. If you stay....at your own risk. If you can afford something better, stay away. There are better Aqua hotels than this one. Stay at Aqua Oasis.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
Hector
"Nobody here speaks English"
The hotel pickup van took over 45 minutes to come pick us up, the hotel is less than 5 minutes away.
1 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
"Waikiki getaway"
The place was nice and comfortable but a little outdated and needs better housekeeping. Close to the beach and shopping. Good location. Friendly staff
3 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Sandra
"Very disappointing."
Chose this hotel for the Brand, low price, convenience, and customer reviews. I was disappointed from the time of check in and felt sense of relief when I checked out. I wasn't aware there was construction next door. I would have been nice if that information was added with the hotel info. I was travelling with my infant son and he would be startled awake early in the morning. The main issue I had was the carpet. It was filthy and I left a note along with a tip for housekeeping asking them to clean the carpet. I relayed the same message with the front desk before I left the hotel to attend a few medical appointments for my infant son. I have a 1 yr old boy who crawls around and it's pretty difficult and dangerous for me to keep him on the bed all the time so his hands and feet can stay clean. Sad to say, the carpet wasn't cleaned thoroughly and housekeeping forgot to pick up the blower that was left in the room. Luckily we checked out the next morning. Front desk didn't do much to rectify the problem or even show genuine empathy. Staying at this Aqua hotel ruined me for the Brand. During the stay I did take advantage of the free dvd rentals but unfortunately all the movies I wanted to watch with my son was either very dirty or severely scratched up. WiFi was a bit on and off or very slow at times.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Chen
"You get what you pay for"
Not enough front desk help. A parking lot separates the Hotel from major construction so lots of noise very early in the morning. Great price for Waikiki. Huge room.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2015
"Aqua Oasis Waikiki Joy"
Stay was fine. But when we got our credit card statement there were several charges that was not authorized because I prepaid our room online and paid insidentals in cash.
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2015
Bed bugs
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
Theresa
"Very disappointing hotel"
Hotel was under construction while we were there. the front desk was not very helpful when we requested two double beds instead of one king bed. Felt like they we're more interested in charging more for a room.
2 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
The ac wasn't the best but overall it was a good stay
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
Milky
"Construction noise!"
The construction noise is outrageous!! Woke me up six days a week.
9 night trip Aug 28, 2015
Frederick
Horrible construction that never stopped-very noisy. The view from my room was the construction site.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2015
"Modest from the outside but wonderful room"
We live in Waimanalo and wanted to stay 1 night in Waikiki and the Aqua was the least expensive hotel. We spent $10 to upgrade the room at check-in and boy was it worth it! The "mini-suite" was HUGE and the air conditioning was wonderful and very, very quiet. This hotel is deceptive because it looks very average from the outside, but the room is very un-average...it's superb.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2015
Bradley T
"Yes close by to ocean."
Staff help me with my needs n satisfaction tion..
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
The parking sucks. There's no pools all in all pretty ghetto. But the workers were very helpful. And nice! I pay 30$ hospitality fee for them to bring me just 2 towels. And 25$ for parking that was so small. Literally 10 stalls
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
SABLE
"3 Day Visit to Honolulu"
My experience was very brief but memorable for the wrong reason. Hotel NEEDS some attention. Very very Dated, Noisy with construction outside my room door and window from 6.30am everyday. It is really a 2 Star hotel. If you have a rental car prepare to pay a mandatory $25 per night Valet. Rooms are very basic but has essentials - phone, TV, iron & board and complimentary shower toiletries.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Bells
"Don't do it!"
Run down and not updated. There was also construction right outside our window and parking was horrible.
1 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
"The hotel was okay, nothing extraordinary."
Questionable location, under construction while we were staying. HEAVY construction! Wouldn't recommend, the neighborhood was in the middle of a lot of high rise construction. Dangerous traffic.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Lawrence
"hotel has good location near to beach and shopping"
This hotel is really old, and everything looks a little bit dark. Science I am traveling by myself, the room they arranged for me is at the end of the hall and really tiny. But it does has a good location to grocery store and good restaurants.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Christy
"Terrible bugs and cockroaches"
The staff was nice but the overall experience was terrible ,right now the hotel is expanding itself which means every morning at 6 AM you cant sleep at all because the construction noise is too loud.Also because the hotel is very exterior and open every night bugs and cockroaches were in our bathroom which was disgusting and to top it off the final bill was very confusing with ten different taxes,we had a roadtrip in the us for whole summer and never we have had such a confusing bill.But most of all i could bare the noise,the overcharging and a lot of other things but when there are cockroaches and bugs that will end it for me for this hotel thats why i dont reccomend anyone for that price to go there.Im staying anonymous because the hotel was so scetchy with theyr last bill that im afraid to show my name.Only pluss side was the staff and cleaning.
5 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"Very disappointed and frustrated"
We have stayed at this hotel many times for family getaways and this was the worst experience we have had with any hotel ever! First of all, it was a very busy weekend all around Waikiki and at the time of check in, there was only person at the front desk. We waited 30 minutes to be helped! Second, when we were finally helped, we were advised that the 3 bedroom suite that we booked was no longer available and we had been given a separate 2 bedroom and standard room. The whole reason that we stay at this hotel is for the 3 bedroom so that our whole family can be together!! When I asked for an explanation, the lady said simply that these things sometimes happen in order to make accommodations for others. No apology....nothing! Lastly, I called early that morning asking if a rice cooker could be provided and was told that one could be brought up. Upon check in, I asked for one and the rude lady said she would have to look for one as if she were bothered. Turns out, she didn't even call for one and when I called the front desk again the guy said the same thing. And...one was never brought up and we never heard back from either one of them. Long story but don't stay here! The Aqua prides themselves on being a kamaaina hotel chain but there was definitely NO aloha here! Will NOT stay here again! Very sad because this was our favorite hotel....
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
LAUREN
"Inexpensive hotel but lacks in safety"
We stayed the whole week. We were eager to leave because of several incidents on the premises. We had a knock on the door in rhe middle of the night from a stranger that we saw earlier sitting in the parking lot and watching us enter the room. This was like a motel 5 except a higher price. You could see who is entering what room. Would not recommend this hotel unless you are travelling in large groups .
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Jude
Staff were great! The only thing I didn't like was the room itself: the walls were thin so I could hear people talking outside as they walked by and construction, and the carpets were stained.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Convenient, not plush"
We have stayed at this hotel four or five times on our way back to Colorado from Sydney, Australia. While we love the location, because we can park the car for a day while we attempt to overcome the jet lag, the hotel seems to be showing its age. Depending on your room's location, it can be quiet, or the street noise from downtown Waikiki can be constant and invasive. Parking is limited and the alternative to parking at the hotel can be hard to locate because of all the one way streets. Our most recent room was quite clean, but the hotel itself could use a facelift..
2 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
alfred
"36ved 5t"
5t was a great stay ca. w533 stay here aga5n!!!
2 night trip Jul 17, 2015
Michele
Awesome location and amazing staff Huge room. I shouldn't have to have more in review!
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Marilyn
No- pool- no computer printers- plus 15$ each night- for what?? Coffee? Newspaper- ? Parking? Customer service excelent- location ok-
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
yahoska
Don't expect to having parking at your hotel as it's not provided. You have to pay $25+ for parking about two blocks over. Room and hotel conditions seem to be lacking, a remodel of the entire facility is needed! Cleaninglyness is also lacking. Overall I would not stay there again, not refer the hotel. Also be mindful of checking out charges, they tried to scan us for an additional $44+ dollars for beach towels that we had decline and parking pass for not parking at there hotel!! Pretty shameful
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Carl
"Nice hotel.Close to most of places ."
We were there for 5 nights. good price. They don't have a swimming pool but very close to the beach. Free towels to rent for the beach.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Yumiko
"Huge room, good location"
Good location, huge room, noisy, but but that comes with the location. Door lock was very finicky. (had to get new keycard 1-2 times a day)
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"It was OK."
Parking was very limited to about 12-17 spaces. Other cars were parking in there without passes. The room's carpet has stains in mosts of the room and the sofa does too. Requested 2 bed sheets to cover the sofa bed but had to call twice and also waited 35 minutes just to get it in the room. There are some sand on the bed and on the sofa. Phone not programmed to the front desks. The 2 bedrooms are really roomy but as far as room cleanliness is another thing. 2 of the cust. rep were friendly but if I have to wait 35 minutes to get bed sheets then service downgrades. The back-up parking is about a block and a quarter away.
3 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
Dennis
Key cards are terrible to work with. They did not give us three bedroom suite as promised. one two bedroom suite and one regular bedroom so one couple was shortchanged in the regular bedroom.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"Friendly staff"
The staff was super helpful and friendly. We had an issue trying to open door and one staff member followed us to room to show us patiently over and over how to get in. It was quite funny. Staff also directed us to various restaurants and ways to walk there.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Aqua Pearl Waikiki"
Excellent
5 night trip with friends May 14, 2015
jacque
"Great people,nice hotel."
Great We really enjoyed our time.People very nice. Great location,nice hotel.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Luisa
"Hidden Pearl in the rough"
Excellent! Knowing that you aren't being charged all the extra fees that are needlessly put on travelers in Honolulu is quite a comfort. The rooms are clean, A/C is cold the amenities such as the flat screen and mini fridge are definite worthy. The staff is attentive and friendly. I will definitely return and recommend. Being a couple of blocks from Waikiki Beach is easy walk, no need to drive or pay a cab.
4 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
"Not bad but I probably wouldn't stay here again"
Pros: central location in waikiki, suite was very spacious, room clean, excellent service, staff friendly. Cons: noise level from street kept me up, single panel doors and large space so street noise carries and can hear everything, pub right downstairs and we were on the 2nd floor, limited parking at hotel so if lot full their overflow is in another building down street and around the corner, Beware of "Hospitality Fee" for using games and movies which they charge you regardless if you use it, Elevators reeks of cigarettes
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Comfy enough"
The location was good for walking, to the things we wanted, as we did not rent a car for a one night layover.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Dawn
"MARK!"
My wife and I stayed here as part of our Hawaii-island-hopping honeymoon. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, parking our rental car was easy, free DVD rental helped in the late evening when one of us couldn't sleep. We stayed here for three nights and loved each night. Mark was there each day and was very helpful. He helped with restaurant recommendations, late-night pizza offerings (Mark, I forgot to tell you that one of the pizza places you recommended was closed, but the thin-crust pizza place at the other Aqua hotel nearby was A+). When Mark found out we were on our honeymoon, he had someone deliver us champagne bottles and cookies while we were out exploring the island. The hotel next door to Aqua Pearl is under complete renovation. We had our windows open during our entire stay and didn't hear a thing. As far as I understand, they give you earplugs "just in case" - we had no need for them. The laundry facilities on the third floor worked very well. Overall we had a great time. We had NO issues with parking, no noise, very friendly staff (especially Mark), the hotel is downtown and within walking distance of everything. The shuttle from one end to Waikiki to the other was very helpful also (for those days we just didn't feel like driving) Thank you again, Mark, and the rest of the staff at Aqua Pearl. See you again soon!
Other trip May 3, 2015
Lawrence
They were very good with housekeeping and they had everything we needed!
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Rose
"Lots of room. Easily walk to beach, attractions."
Stayed one night. Reasonably quiet for being downtown. Concierge trying to make a little too much for his helpfulness. Plenty of room in our suite. Very comfortable.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Judy
"excellent customer service"
Apelina is the best!!! Excellent customer service!!!
3 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2015
Pablo
"Low end hotel 2 & half blocks from beach"
Place not very nice at all.. Ac sounded like a lawnmower.. Staff was nice
jessica
"Very happy with Aqua Pearl Hawaii, will return!!!"
Great Hotel for the budget traveler, rate was great and location was great. Walking distance to beach, zoo, and other attractions. Close to lots of places to eat, shopping and grocery store. The staff was very nice and helpful with everything, The room was very quiet and nice size, The only thing I did not like was the bed was a little firm and it was sorta hard to sleep, Was very happy with the comp newspaper,movie rental, beach towel service and laundry facility.If you need change the vending machine will work just put a dollar in and hit the change button.The location also allowed us to catch the bus to other parts of the island. 22 and 23 were great to Sea Park and Manalahua Bay, it goes right to the parking lot. You can also go to and from the Airport 19 and 20, also go to thebus.com and you can see the schedules. This was my first time staying in Wakiki. I plan to return in a few months and will stay at this hotel again.
3 night family trip Mar 6, 2015