All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2452 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"There for a night"
Old but in a great location for the price
1 night trip May 20, 2015
"dont stay at Aston Beachside"
Terrible hotel, never stay there again. Lousy parking, and room sucked. Wifi didn't work, no and no desk. Place didnt even have a pool.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Aloha! and thanks for the water pressure!"
Clean and uniquely decorated rooms, right across the beach, with plenty of shopping close by. Front desk personnel was very helpful. And extra points for consistently hot showers.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
"Nice Hotel/Great Location"
Nice hotel in a great location. Downside is there is no free parking that I know of.
1 night romance trip May 6, 2015
Tony
"Weekend trip"
Old hotel with out of date rooms and small beds but great location.
3 night trip with friends Apr 2, 2015
"Small hotel but great view"
A perfect hotel if you're facing the beach. The location is perfect the price is good overall the only problem I had it was a too small of a room for two people that were single.
2 night trip Apr 29, 2015
"Valentines day with my wife"
It was valentines Day and I got this hotel for me and my wife. We very much enjoyed our stay.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
james
"Close to the beach"
No pool, old facilities compared to others. But good for the price. The location is perfect.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Luis
"Very nice stay!"
This hotel is dated but very cozy and right in the heart a Waikiki Beach area! You literally can walk across the street to the beach! There is an ABC store right next door. Tons of shopping on the main strip a long the beach. It's convenient to a McDonalds a few doors down and many other restaurants. The hotel room is a bit small but we made due. I had an ocean view room on the 8th floor. I can't complain too much for what I had the opportunity to wake up to and go to sleep looking at for the 5 days there! And honestly if your in Hawaii to stay in your room, then this is definitely not your hotel! Lave the clerk at the front desk is great! He told us they are remodeling this hotel and it will be closing for a while to built suites! I would definitely stay at this hotel again! Hawaii stole my heart! <3
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Place to sleep"
It's really just a place to sleep. AC was kind of noisy. Peeling furnitures and mirror. It's a good location though, but just a place to sleep. Staff were very friendly!
Nai
"OK for sleeping."
Toilet flush mechanism did not work properly/ Only one old chair in room. Desk / table old and inadequate. TV color out of adjustment. On last full day of stay, my toothbrush disappeared. Desk clerk less than helpful. This hotel is a has been but ok for sleeping and budget concerns. Elevator dated, well worn and not very clean.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Norb
"Great location and friendly staff."
We had the time of our lifes! We will be back! The staff was helpful, the view of the beach from the balcony was amazing, and the beautiful Banyan tree was incredible! Having a microwave in the room would have been nice.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Dan and Cindy
"Location great...room shabby"
Booked this room for the location. The location was all we had hoped for. However, we did not expect a shabby room for the rate we were paying. The dark wood cabinet in the bathroom had painting chipped or peeling all over it. There was mold all around the shower exterior tiles where they met the glass sides. Several of the lampshades in the room had holes or big creases in them. The elevator should have been our first clue as to the lack of maintenance (the carpet was filthy and the wood was chipped and dented). It is a small elevator so the luggage carts and the cleaning carts bang it up. The lack of ANY shelf in the bathroom made it very difficult to do the normal things at a sink that one would like to do. We managed to lose a contact case down behind the cabinet as it slipped off the narrow ledge of the sink. The people at the desk was personable and helpful. We could see Wikiki from the balcony (but some of the balcony rooms would not see much due to a large tree that blocks the view). We made the best of the room negatives and enjoyed our 5 days.
5 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"after the business ended. family time."
cab took me to the wrong Hotel even with the address to start. Two many Hotels with similar names. When I finally found the entrance. staff was great in checking in. Hotel is many one of the oldest. Price was right. room was clean but had several problems with the door key. Basic room. Housekeeping staff was very good. Hotel was quite. no outside noise heard. my room was next to the elevator and the noise was none. Bomb scare at McDonalds on Friday night which closed the road and no way to return to the hotel. even with that, I got to talk to several visitors who were waiting also. I had a good time with my family. the price let me spend that valued time with my family.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Great Waikiki location but not a great value"
The location is awesome. This hotel was probably really nice 40 years ago. The staff and service are good. Not a great value for the price, even with the amazing location right across from Waikiki beach. Lots of other options.
3 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Nice Decent Hotel"
Not long on amenities, but a great, affordable, clean, and safe hotel. A little hard to find, and they don't make it obvious that it costs about $20 a day for parking, but otherwise a good place to hold up. Nice beach view. Waikiki beach is right across the street.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"I'd look somewhere else and pay a bit more..."
This hotel is in a great location but offers NO special services. It's pretty run down and is due for closing this August to be remodeled into condominiums...hence, they are not putting in much maintenance. I found it a bit pricey for what you got...
7 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2015
Maynard
"Nice and close to everything"
First time I ever been to hawii not what I expected people dosent seem as friendly they say hi and thank you but the expression on there face dosent match what they say they say hi because it there job not because they want to say hi but over all I had good time and would want to come back again
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
sov
"So little for so much"
Given a room with twin beds. Room was small and electrical outlets were few and hard to get to.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Winston
"Hotel is good, service was dissappointing !"
Stay was okay, Disappointed because I had booked a room for the Aston Waikiki beach hotel which included Wi-Fi. Once checking in they told me they were booked and sent me next door to a different hotel. When I checked in next door they were charging me for Wi-Fi!
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Brenda
"Great Beach View"
Hotel was good. Location was great. The pool was out of order. Would not have stayed here if I had known this prior to check in.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Holly
"Location, location, location!"
I had read the reviews to the hotel with both positive and negative comments. We were pleasantly surprised to find both the room and the staff to exceed our expectations. The bed was extremely comfortable. Location was great! We will definitely stay there again.
4 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Joanne
Good expierence. Easy check in and check out process. All staff members were friendly.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"It was a dump"
First off the website lied. None of the rooms had an ocean view. Most don't even have windows. The website said free wifi in every room. Not. You could barely get it in the lobby. Your own employees say it's a dump. The shower stall was filthy. The whole room would fit in my living and still have space to move around. We moved to a different hotel the next day also an Ashton. They were very accommodating
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Good hotel right next to the beach"
This was my second time staying at the Aston Waikiki Beachside and I really like this hotel a lot. It's old with very few amenities but the staff is amazing and the location is awesome.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Jeannie
"Close to beach!"
The beach is literally right across the street! The hotel room was small and didn't have a view but overall was great! I mean you're in Hawaii who is in their hotel room all day! Really enjoyed the stay and will be back soon!
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Katie
"Ok for short stay"
This hotel needs some upgrades. I liked the location as it is central to Waikiki (right across the street from the beach) and next door to ABC convenient store if you need food or amenities. Some things that were issues were: It was hard to find since it is not labeled Aston on the sign; it was labeled Waikiki Beachside Hotel and is easy to miss the number because it was not very visible. The elevator is very small and could use an upgrade. Parking was a bit challenging to find too. The positives are: the hotel staff as they offered me a room with a view! They were also very helpful with directions to places and restaurants to eat. Overall, although the room had basic amenities the barhroom was the best part of the room-shower was the best.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Zelda's stay
"Perfect location"
I found the staff at this hotel very friendly but there are few amenities and parking is $23 per day in addition to the room cost. Location is fantastic probably one of the best locations in Waikiki. Despite few amenities and old decor, I would probably stay here again.
10 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
Rickey
"OK for one night sleep"
We stayed in the room on 10th floor. There was no window in the room. The room was small, old but clean.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Room with a view of Waikiki beach"
No lobby to speak of. Other than a view of the beach that I paid extra for and a good location, the hotel itself is not memorable.
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
Yvonne
"Clean budget hotel close to waikiki beach"
Room was clean, albeit a bit small. Staff was very nice. Right across the street from Waikiki beach. We got a great price through expedia but only stayed one night while we were in between condos. The hotel is just in need up updating inside. It's okay if all you're going to do there is sleep. Bring earplugs anywhere you stay in Waikiki. It's a noisy area.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Mo
"Towering Motel"
Entrance is not obvious driving, parking is at a sister hotel (you walk to.) I will sum up the gross and moist room, linens, elevator and stairs that lead onto the street with we had this hotel booked for our return to Oahu before the mainland and I cancelled and booked elsewhere. But if you're on a budget and all you care about is walking across the street to the beach, this hotel is for you. If I were the Aston chain I would take my name off this one.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Staycation"
Being a resident of hawaii it is always pleasant when I can take a weekend to relax and get away from everything. I decided to try waikiki out. I loved every minute of it.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Awesome hotel on the beach"
Great view, very helpful staff, and awesome room. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. I would definitely stay there again if I ever visited again, and I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Lauren
"Perfect for a short lay over"
I had a 24 hours lay over on my way from San Francisco to Sydney. Its right across the street from Waikiki surf break and surf board rentals. This hotel is a quick $15 shuttle ride from the airport (1-way) on SpeediShuttle. A few ABC shops are next door for any little things you might need. Ocean View room is really nice but not necessary. Wifi is extra. TV has no cable. Beds are comfy. Air conditioner is a bit loud but does its job if you need it. Water pressure is great. Room furnishings have seen better days but fine.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Nice overall"
Nice place, great location! Service was awesome! but the room was far too cold and had a very antique smell. Floors were freezing.
1 night trip Dec 18, 2014
LesinaS
"Dont stay here"
Bad enough the first night ...we booked elsewhere for our next stay. Dirty, not secure, small, dont stay here.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Reasonable price for great location"
We selected this hotel as it was reasonably priced, right across from Waikiki beach and centrally located. Even though we knew we werent paying for a balcony or ocean view, what we didn't realize was that we didn't have a proper window at all! Only a slatted window in the door opening out to the hallway. Our room was clean and of good size. We could look out of an opening in the hallway and see the ocean and weather, so at least we knew what conditions to expect on exiting the hotel. Our room was beside the elevator but completely soundproof fortunately. Staff were polite and helpful. Free wifi in the mezzanine or you can pay for it in your room. We would have enjoyed having a coffee maker in the room however there was a McDonalds nearby for that early morning java craving!
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"The best value hotel in Waikiki"
This the last best value hotel on the main street in Waikiki.
3 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"The best historical 1960's Hotel value in Waikiki"
This is one of the best values on the Waikiki strip. For around $110.00 per night for the location is exceptional. The $250.00 you save per night compared to other hotels on the main road of Waikiki Beach you can buy a lot of coffee and service not provided with the savings.
2 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
"BUDGET HOTEL, GREAT LOCATION"
THE HOTEL STAFF WAS GREAT, NICE LOCATION IN THE HEART OF WAKIKI BEACH AREA. HOTEL IS OLD AND THE ROOMS ARE NOT WELL MAINTAINED, THE SHOWER LEAKED AND THE CURTAINS WERE VERY CHEAP MATERIAL THAT DID NOT COVER THE WINDOW OR DOOR VERY WELL. THE GUY OUTSIDE THE FRONT DOOR SELLING TOURS WAS A REAL TERRIBLE. HE WOULD NOT SELL US THE TOURS WE WERE LOOKING FOR UNLESS WE BOUGHT A LUAU. IN THE END WE HAD TO BUY TOURS FROM ANOTHER HOTEL.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
RAM
"Much needed relaxing break!"
I needed a very relaxing break and the Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel was the answer. It is located across the street from Kuhio Beach in Waikiki, perfect for just walking across the street and grabbing an umbrella and chairs and just kicking back. Plenty of stores and food all around. No car needed, but I rented one and took a trip to North Shore to watch the big swells come in. Great week!
Phil
We enjoyed our stay great location would be nice if they had a place to sit in lobby
"Hole in the wall by the beach"
Elevator is the size of a closet, dirty and dated. Rooms are small and old. Hotel needs to be renovated desperately.
SteveM
"nice place to visit but..."
Good location. Building is old and it shows. Small rooms.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
"Good location, very outdated"
I got a room with no window! There was a glass panel on the only door, facing to the corridor.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"horrible don't waste your time or money!"
This place was horrible I booked a king bed room they gave me a queen so I went back down to ask hotel registration clerk and the said "we don't have any left, so you get what you get" no refund nothing to make up for it! The rooms were old and cramped and the bed was horrible! I will never stay there again!
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"we will be back again before june"
the help were fantastic...the location right across from the public beach couldn't have been better...the price for the room was more lower then I could have asked for
15 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
"GREAT LOCATION - PLEASANT STAY"
The "Astin" name doesn't necessarily guarantee a luxury or 3 star status, as this hotel was just good enough to enjoy the Waikiki area and beyond.First ,and this might not matter to some, was the the non-HD TV, which, in this day and age,should be a standard IMHO.Crummy reception and also, no Premium cable channels(missed the final Boardwalk Empire!)No pay per view or movies service either. No coffee machine, which even your run of the mill motels have. Parking costs an additional $22.00 per night, and Expedia should have that in CAPITAL letters when you purchase. They share valet parking with an adjacent hotel, which you had to walk to and of course tip every time. The humidity that comes with any Hawaii trip seemed much worse with the tile floors(there was no carpets or rugs, and bare feet felt slippery and clammy on the floor,I had to put socks on.It was as if they put a hotel room in the kitchen, I've never stayed at a hotel with a tile floor for an entire room. Shower was great,(no bath) ,staff very friendly. Beyond these minor things, a nice stay
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Ratchet
"Nice hotel. Exceptional view."
Nice Waikiki Beach view. Across the street from beach. Very clean. Affordable price.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014