All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2452 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"GREAT LOCATION - PLEASANT STAY"
The "Astin" name doesn't necessarily guarantee a luxury or 3 star status, as this hotel was just good enough to enjoy the Waikiki area and beyond.First ,and this might not matter to some, was the the non-HD TV, which, in this day and age,should be a standard IMHO.Crummy reception and also, no Premium cable channels(missed the final Boardwalk Empire!)No pay per view or movies service either. No coffee machine, which even your run of the mill motels have. Parking costs an additional $22.00 per night, and Expedia should have that in CAPITAL letters when you purchase. They share valet parking with an adjacent hotel, which you had to walk to and of course tip every time. The humidity that comes with any Hawaii trip seemed much worse with the tile floors(there was no carpets or rugs, and bare feet felt slippery and clammy on the floor,I had to put socks on.It was as if they put a hotel room in the kitchen, I've never stayed at a hotel with a tile floor for an entire room. Shower was great,(no bath) ,staff very friendly. Beyond these minor things, a nice stay
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Ratchet
"Nice hotel. Exceptional view."
Nice Waikiki Beach view. Across the street from beach. Very clean. Affordable price.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Jorge
"Loved our stay!"
Just recently spent our honeymoon at Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel and we really enjoyed our stay here. Everything was convenient, right in front of the beach, walking distance to a lot of restaurants and shops and the trolleys stop just across the street. Thank you for the friendly staff that made our stay memorable!
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Rorie & Virgo
Really hard to find this hotel best advice look for macdonalds on corner take a left and take the first left into a hotel. This is where the parking is for this hotel,once car is parked finding hotel is easy to get to!!!!! The concierge was amazing and despite the age of hotel we had a great view of Waikiki beach and the sunsets from our ocean front balcony
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Ocean view obstructed by trees"
Older hotel, historic apparently. Staff was wonderful.. very friendly. Room had cockroaches that came out when opening the closet.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
sue
"Difficult to find, park and get luggage."
Besides above room too small. Staff very nice. Convenient to beach, shops and restaurants.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Nice get away"
it was very pleasant
3 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
Lorenzo L
"Room with no windows in Hawaii!"
They tried to give us a room with no windows that smelled like mildew and was in the dead center of the hotel by the elevator. Everything looked old and dated. We felt like we were paying for a cheap hotel room in a third world country where you were just happy to have a double bed and a bathroom to yourself. Not worth the price at all! We asked to leave immediately and booked another hotel near by. Please don't waste your money here, you can find so much better for the same price.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Lissa
"Excellent, ."
Excellent service. Most noteworthy the receptionist is very helpful when we signed out..
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
romeo
"Inexpensive, hotel on Waikiki."
The staff was very helpful. The beach was right across the street - very convenient. The price was right, excellent, for where the hotel is located. No coffee in room or lobby - didn't work well for us. Room was very small, therefore not a place we wanted to spend much time. We wouldn't recommend this hotel to friends because they would be willing to pay more for higher quality - it worked for us because we were on a tight budget. A "king-sized bed" meant two singles pushed together.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Tom and Mel
"Air conditioner in room not good. Room clean,"
don't get room up grade to pool view, room smaller than partial view rooms. Concierege took my cash for room up grade plus charged my debit card. Bank had me overdrawn for several days till it fell off. Also lobby temp unbearable.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Location first class"
Air conditioning constant loud noise almost interfering with your thinking process
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
woman 66
"Not as it was listed..."
We booked the room because the hotels.com listing said they had a crib. When we got there we were told there was no cribs available and they never had cribs. The room was non-smoking, but stunk like cigaretts. The hotel did not have WI-fi and parking was in a building down the street so we had to cary our luggage down the street to the hotel.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Perfect Location and Price"
This hotel is absolute tops when it comes to location, price, and awesomeness of staff. The building itself is a little older, and is not luxury hotel. So you have to ask yourself, what are you looking for in your Hawai'ian vacation? We wanted to not only enjoy Waikiki and Honolulu, we also wanted a home base to explore the rest of O'ahu. Location - Right in the middle of Waikiki Beach. All the action you want, just a few steps away. Parking - The valet garage is around the corner at a sister hotel. You have to check in to the main hotel first; so pull up on Kalakaua Avenue, check in, get a valet ticket, then go < 50 ft around the corner to park. The valets were awesome about helping us get checked in on the first night. Staff - Hands down, the best hotel/travel staff I've ever encountered. We had some initial glitches upon checkin. The hotel safe was missing the lock and we had some problems with the AC leaving moisture on the tile floor. Both fixed right away when we asked. They also got us a shower chair. The staff was all very friendly and willing to help you go find a secret spot on the island or tell you the best roads to take to avoid the traffic.
14 night romance trip Sep 9, 2014
"Aston Beachside disappointment."
We gave our taxi driver the address and name of the Aston hotel but accidently dropped us off at another Aston which can easily get mixed up with the smaller hotel by the beach. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We asked for two twin beds but non were left as we arrived. The rooms were run down and in need of many repairs. The hotel as a whole needs a huge remodel. The view was great but for the price per night not worth it for us.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Cindy
Don't ever accept room 305, if you should tell a bald-headed receptionist that you are coming alone! The room was basically without daylight, without an additional safety bolt at the door, and equipped with an antiquated wooden in-room safe, which even an amateur like me could have easily managed to open, if necessary. Good that I was on the road during most of my stay.
6 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Verena Paulick
"Location"
Great location across the beach but very updated, small room and only one elevator.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Kris
"Very old hotel"
I told what I thought about this hotel. I did not swear or demean anybody. But I guess all you want is glowing reports even though they may not be true. This hotel was built in 1964(I was a JR. in high school then). It was modern in 1964. In 2014 this hotel is way out of date. The elevator is very very small. The hotel is right across the street(20ft.)from Waikiki beach. It is centrally located in the middle of the "Waikiki Strip". It has nor pool or restaurant. That is my chief complain. All I asked was a pool and restaurant. No I would not stay there again. The staff was very nice. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who liked modern conveniences. I asked the travel agency "does it have a pool and restaurant"?? They did not give me a straight answer. The door to the hotel is very hard to find. It is about 8-10 ft. wide and it located in between some large hotels and stores. So if you think you are getting a glowing report about how wonderful this hotel is, you are talking to the wrong person. I TELL THE TRUTH. If you want lies, ask someone else. The hotel is OK for what it is----a hotel built in 1964. I am not going to insult anyone. I will say the cost was reasonable. But then again it was built in 1964. When I go on vacation I want simplicity. No pool and restaurant was important to ME. Anyway this is my report. Keep it; reject it; IT IS THE TRUTH, AS I SEE IT. The End. Peter v.W.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Lecraze
"Great hotel for the price"
The hotel is located right across the street from the beach and near all the shopping. Room was clean and staff extremely friendly. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Cheryl
Adequate for the price, fantastic location in reference to my work.
3 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Great Location!!"
Easy access to Waikiki beach, shops and restaurants, but no much else.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
XYZ
Space way to tight, no pool, some days they don't clean room, no microwave
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Jo
"Decent"
Excellent location!!!....across the street from Waikiki beach...rooms are increadibly small and the Decor is outdated..some rooms, your door is your window....
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Outdated and expensive. No amenities in the hotel
5 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Good but not super"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were outdated and not nearly as "charming" as they appear in the photos. Waikiki beach is right out the front door, but the strip there is filled with homeless people, is dirty, and smells awful. Any hotel on that strip would have the same issues, just wanted to point it out because I was surprised about it.
3 night romance trip Aug 5, 2014
"Very Disappointing =("
It was hard finding the hotel because it was between 2 stores, we was getting frustrated until we found it, and the parking we had to park at another hotel, and walk around to the hotel entrance.. It was raining and we got soaked because there were no cover when you are walking to the hotel, its not like the other Astons that we stayed at, we didn't even have a view, our view was a wall.. It was very disappointing that we had to look at a wall sitting on our balcony... They need to update those rooms, also the elevator we had to wait because it was very small and couldn't fit in it with a lot of people....
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
T
"Waikiki stay"
Great location, however room did not look at all like pictures in Hotels.com...they were really small and cramped, no room for any toiletries in bathroom and hardly any room for personal belongings inside room itself. However, great staff and excellent proximity to beach and waikiki shopping.
5 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
Craig N.
"Worst ever hotel and service!!"
This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed at in terms of basic hygiene and service! It seemed as if a utility room had been converted to a guest bedroom. We had a huge wooden trash labeled box right outside our room along with 2 plastic open trash cans!! When we called the front desk, the person came up to our room and could not understand why we did not want all these trash cans/containers outside our room!!!! At 7 in the morning, the housekeeping staff and other staff (not sure who all) were right outside our room yelling and talking and laughing and we could hear it all. By 7:30 it seemed they had LOUD vacuums etc going on. Finally, at 7:45 or so I went out and requested them to talk a little softly since we had checked in at midnight and were exhausted (with time change etc. having traveled from New Zealand). It slowed for a few minutes and then was back LOUD! We later realized the room right next to ours was the laundry room and had washers dryers etc running. The room itself was TINY and not dusted or cleaned properly. You could run your fingers in the bathroom on the sink etc and get dust! We mentioned that as well but no impact whatsoever! Would not stay here even if offered to do so for free! Seriously, you can find multiple other options for the same amount- DO NOT STAY HERE!!! The front lobby (if you can call it that) was filthy as well and I can go on and on- but you get the picture.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Nice hotel, great location"
Hotel is in a great location with a friendly, helpful staff. It was one of the cheapest hotels in Waikiki. It is a little outdated but you don't go to Hawaii for the hotel room. If you are looking for a clean, reasonably priced hotel with all your basic needs, this is a great option.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Perfect location to everything !!!"
Location location location !!! We just slept in the room or stopped to change . What a great location .
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Older Hotel But Great Location and Excellent Staff"
We are a young couple, 23years of age, and we love to travel. I'm the planner, so about a year ago, I was trying to look for the best deals. Basically, for June, we got it. When we arrived, it was a little shocking because our room was very small. My fiance and I both were uncomfortable. So, he went down to the front desk and they said they were overbooked but would call us if any open rooms became available. Within an hour, Kamaki, front desk manager, called us and told us he had two rooms open on the top floor. We were ecstatic. We upgraded to a bigger room on the top floor. And the staff's service only got better. Every morning, we had our room, cleaned, stocked, and mopped. The location is awesome. The hotel is OLDER than most. The elevator is very small and slow. But for the location and staff, I would rate this a 5. Only for the hotel itself I rate it a 3. Kamaki, and the rest of the staff were absolutely a delight to see and speak with. I will definitely be back to this hotel because of the staff and cleanliness. Thank you Kamaki for your attentive and amazing service!!
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
T and A
"across from beach and next door to mcdonalds"
bed was very hard and uncomfortable
1 night romance trip May 31, 2014
anna
"Good location but No Parking"
Pro: affordable, beach front location, nice employees. Con: hard to find the main entrance of the hotel, no place for family or friends to park, >$20 / day for parking! There is a giant tree in front of the hotel blocking the ocean view, therefore I paid for ocean view but got only partial view :)
2 night trip May 31, 2014
Hawaii Lover
"Good location Great Staff"
Staff went out of their way, accommodated all our needs. Parking was shared with another Aston Hotel which required a short walk but not a big issue. Because the tours and activities we went to, picked us up and drop us off at the hotel. We could have saved the expense of the rental car. Traffic on the island is congested. Staff was great giving us tips on places of interest and tour advice. The hotel is older and could use some renovation, room a bit small and noise level from the hallway was annoying at times. Could use a solid door instead of louvered glass.All that said I would stay again but only because of the great staff and central location. It worked well for the two us, but we were only there to sleep as our days were full of activities. Not a Hotel I would use for a family vacation.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"small hotel and hard to find"
small hotel and hard to find
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
Amber
"My stay"
The hotel could be updated a little but loved the fact housekeeping staff for our room and front desk personnel was exceptional and it was a walk across the street to beach and plenty of stores and places to eat nearby.
Other trip May 31, 2014
Bappy
"nice for the price"
excellent location, rooms are small but clean.Staff was very helpful and friendly
5 night trip May 22, 2014
TimR
"I highly recommend the ocean view rooms!!"
I hate to write a great review for fear that our secret paradise will be spoiled. I have to admit I was very nervous about staying here because the reviews. Our trip was amazing! Yes, the hotel needs to be updated. But the cleanliness is a super plus. The staff were always friendly and helpful. Draw back, yes, there is one elevator and it is small. We were always happy riding up with the maids in the morning who are obviously happy to come to work everyday. If you get the oceanview, you also have Kalakaua below you with some street noise. When we went to bed we turned on the a/c and it was fine. Free show across the street at the beach. The beach straight out from the hotel was were we spent a lot of time as well as watching a surf competition from our balcony. This is a no nonsense clean hotel. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Other trip May 28, 2014
happy traveler
"Great location, outdated hotel"
You couldn't ask for a better location on the Waikiki strip. Ocean views directly in front of Waikiki beach and surfing. Walk out the door directly onto the strip, eat, shop, people watch...awesome. Downside, no good parking, all $25 per night...they offered us free parking at a partner garage, but by then, we had already parked somewhere else. The trick is to pull up curbside in front of the hotel (which is just a door), and send someone in to get a valet parking pass from the front desk (which is just one person sitting at a small desk. Other downside is the room...just not a modern situation...tiny, old, outdated, but does the job. Quiet even though the bustling waikiki strip is just below. AC not quite cold enough to actually be freezing, but cold enough to sleep comfortably. I might stay here again...
1 night romance trip May 23, 2014
Corbin
"dukes"
WONDERFUL - GREAT STAFF AND HOTEL
17 night trip Apr 24, 2014
KATE P AND ROGER
"Beachside hotel"
Great hotel but they need to update and add a new elevator. Employes were awesome
3 night romance trip May 6, 2014
Josh nor
"Great staff and location, small old rooms"
All the staff is amazing, helpful and friendly, especially Lave. The rooms are small but great location.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Small and pleasant beachside hotel"
The room was small but it served its purpose for me. I wanted somewhere to sleep and shower and this hotel fit the bill quite comfortably. If you're looking for 5 star comfort, this is not for you. But if your looking for somewhere nice with polite and friendly staff, across the street from the beach and a great ocean view than this hotel is perfect. Also, great places to eat within walking distance make this hotel a great place to stay. My girlfriend and I were comfortable enough considering we didn't spend much time in our room other than to sleep and shower. If it's your first visit or your 10th this hotel is a great bargain.
Other trip May 6, 2014
G
Great location with great ocean view provided your high enough up otherwise there is a tree blocking some of the view. The room is perfect if your not planning on staying in the room other then to shower and sleep needed some updating done but it's a very clean hotel especially for being so close to the ocean dying if you do go make sure to rinse off before going back or you will have sand every place. The staff where very friendly and helpful made you feel very welcome and at home
Other trip May 4, 2014
holytiger
"not what we thought it would be"
the staff was outstanding but the room itself was nothing like the pictures on the web
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"10th floor view is amazing"
Stayed here for our honeymoon and it had amazing view of waikiki beach just right out front of the room.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"10th floor view is amazing"
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Horrible hotel, but in decent location."
I would not personally recommend this hotel to anyone. While in a decent location and friendly staff, the hotel room was horrible. The room and bathroom was very tiny and very dirty. There was no air conditioning and there were vents on the door that allowed all the noise from outside to keep us awake late into the night. I will never go to this hotel again. In the future, I will spend the extra few dollars to stay in a nicer place.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Horrible place to stay!!!"
I booked this hotel based on the picture on their website and statement that there were thoughtful personal touches and they like to leave lasting impressions........ I booked a standard room with an ocean view. The room didn't look anything like the picture. I questioned the staff and their answer to the difference was that the standard room with a view is different than a standard room. Of course they would never put pictures of this room on their website. I was under the impression that by paying more you got more. The furniture was dirty, stained and scratched. The fridge sat on a little stool. The floor tiles were dirty and cracked. We wore our shoes in the shower. The chairs on the lanai were so dirty and stained we had to use towels to sit on them. The elevator was filthy and very slow. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Thank goodness we only stayed there 2 of our 12 night dream vacation. What a disappointment. I had prepaid with no refund so we were stuck. IF YOU ARE SMART YOU WILL NEVER STAY HERE. SHAME ON ANYONE WHO PASSES A PLACE LIKE THIS AS A VACATION DESTINATION.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
J
"Tiny little no-frills place, near the beach."
tiny little no-frills place, near the beach and upper end shopping district (which didn't interest us in the least).
Other trip Apr 22, 2014