All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2299 Kuhio Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Bad breakfast
    Poor vibe
    Bad pool
"Fine place; good value for money"
Stayed here for a couple days on business. I have stayed at most of the Aqua hotels in Honolulu and this is probably my least favorite. That said, for the price it is a pretty good value. Main downside is that parking is rough. The on-site garage is always packed, the spots are tiny, and the ceiling is ridiculously low. The off-site parking is a bit better, but it is a couple blocks away, which is a pain if you are lugging your luggage around.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2016
"Great hotel in Waikiki beach area"
We had family and friends stay in this hotel, compare with the price it was excellent for what you pay for. Customer service and housekeeping were very nice and friendly. Free wifi, but at most time it was useless. Parking space is limited spots.
6 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2016
Sam
"Great Room For A Great Rate"
The only problem I had with my stay is that the WiFi did not work. There were some inconveniences but they were caused by the ongoing construction which is out of their control.
5 night trip Jan 25, 2016
This hotel is a good, very basic accommodation. The location was great for shopping and beach. The staff was always courteous and helpful. There was some construction noise every morning. Their final receipt for billing was ridiculously over complicated.
3 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
No customer service no greeting front desk was rude just gave the keys paid for parking but no parking available they wanted me to park at another resort Island Colony which was a mile and 1/2 away there is no pool
3 night family trip Jan 22, 2016
Noelani
"great value for the money"
The hotel was fine but the whole area around it is under construction with traffic jams etc that go with it
7 night business trip Jan 14, 2016
robert
"I will recommend"
Room was huge and clean. Free wifi and free video game. Front desk was not bad. Just so loud outside of club music. But I was so tired so didn't really bother me. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
"Love it"
I love everything about it! Nice and respectful staff. I would definitely recommend people to stay there. Love love love
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
hunnie n
Great price. Easy walk to beach. Lots of shops to explore. Nice restaurants close walk.
5 night family trip Jan 6, 2016
renee
Budget hotel off the main strip only 5 min walk to the beach - but very loud area with construction and nightclubs; rooms were very basic and a little rundown - definitely needs some improvements/cleaning
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2016
"Great room, but a huge safety issue."
The room was nice and way bigger, cleaner and nicer than expected. (The hallways in the hotel are really sketchy) The construction noise others complained about was not an issue. The traffic and tourist noise was much louder and you'll hear that anywhere in Waikiki. They gave us a corner room on the top floor, so we had two balconies which was great. The only issue we had was that the rails on the balconies were extremely far apart. Our 3 1/2 year old could fit his head between them (and he has a large head for his age) and could have easily fallen 15 floors onto the road below. Luckily we measured before we let him go out on the balcony, so we were able to avoid a huge tragedy. That issue seriously needs to be resolved; that just can't be legal! I was surprised that the staff didn't even mention it as they saw us check in with two toddlers. We were able to lock the doors and enjoy the view from inside, but we were very disappointed. Luckily it was only a one night stay. We would stay here again on a couples vacation, but definitely not if we have the kids with us. That's just too scary.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
"Just OK"
It was okay. We were hoping to get something better for the money that we paid, but we understand that Hawaii is expensive. The room was run down and was not cleaned everyday--basically they just made the bed and that was it. We had to call down for new towels everyday because they wouldn't leave enough towels for our family. There was no parking because of construction right next door and all around and had to park several blocks away most days and wait for the parking attendant at the other hotel to check us out everyday (which took forever and was very annoying). Overall, we weren't very happy mostly because it wasn't worth what we paid and will definitely not be back.
6 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
"Unfair room charges"
The location is great, the staff are nice. We didn't expect a construction going on next door, so the rest is compromised. The bathroom and facilities are poor they shouldn't charge that much. Daily prices are low during the days we are visiting compared to bookings done three months in advance, so I'm not happy with that.
5 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
Isabel
"Great for business but for family stay."
Room was little small. Had no pool but it's really close to the beach. There's a lot of construction going on all around the building making a lot of noise early in the morning. It has no elevator to the parking lot which is super small and overflow parking had to park in the next building over.
4 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
Victor
It was alright the parking was horrible the hotel staff was wonderful but the hotel itsself needs an upgrade
4 night trip with friends Dec 7, 2015
"Reasonable hotel for a short stay."
Great location. The room was a decent size. Construction next door, so keep that in mind. The room had the world's tiniest flat screen TV you'll ever see, if TV is important to you. They did have a playstation 3, which we didn't use - again the TV was tiny. Wifi service was slow and spotty. Staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Dec 10, 2015
Trevor
"Decent place for the price"
Parking isn't convenient with all the construction going on.
1 night trip with friends Dec 8, 2015
Natural-Lee
It was great
5 night trip with friends Dec 3, 2015
gregory
"So screaming LOUD"
Constant construction occurred on both hotels directly next to this one. Jackhammers, sawing, beeping, clanging from 6am to 6 pm.
3 night business trip Nov 30, 2015
"Just an average hotel"
I stayed here with my husband and two kids for two nights in November 2015. There was a lot of construction all around which was very noisy. We were on the 8th floor and were still able to hear loud music from some nearby club well past midnight which caused difficulty sleeping. The room was average; its quality definitely wasn't quite like the pictures. The biggest problem was inconsistent water temperature which swung from cold to very hot and back again. It was ok for the price but I would probably pay a bit more for a different hotel if I had to do it again. Pros are that it is close to two bus stops so it's easy to get around, it was right across from a super udon place, and only a street east of the main drag. If you're very price sensitive and don't mind the negatives I mentioned, then you would be happy here.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
Danise
"Horrible time to come"
The stay was horrible. The hotel is surrounded by construction and a night club that played music so loud that we could hear it when our window was closed.
3 night romance trip Nov 15, 2015
Dennis
Enjoyed staying at Aqua Waikiki Wave. The hotel was is perfect location to the beach and within walking distances to the majority of restaurants, bars, and retail stores. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The rooms were very clean, but the bathrooms could use some updating. There was some construction happening next door, however, it did not bother us as we were usually up and out of our room before they got started.
8 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
Shawnay
"Last minute stay, not too shabby."
The location of the hotel was pretty good for the shops and restaurants. The property didn't seem too far for those willing to wander for adventure as I was. I felt that I overpaid for my stay as the room felt a bit outdated. The bed felt like the sheets weren't changed and may possibly have bed bugs. This room was booked last minute as I had missed my flight due to Airline complications with State of Emergencies that had occurred in Paris during this time.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2015
Parking was horrible and front desk was miserable.....Dee from.front desk had a bad attitude......just house keeping was the best very friendly.....
3 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
Roxann
"Good city hotel."
Excellent location, parking can be a problem but that would be my only complaint and it's a small one. A good big city hotel.
5 night trip Nov 7, 2015
"Nice hotel at the price and the location"
Good location! The hotel is located in the center of Waikiki, convenient for shopping and dining, and not far from the beach. The room is clean with commodious space. It's a great choice at the price.
Other trip Nov 11, 2015
"No elevator or escalator or ramp at entrance."
Don't bring your child stroller, be ready to carry your own luggage 2 flights of stairs. So start working out in the gym today! Under Construction next door mall being built. Construction work starts Monday-Saturday 5am to 3pm. But if you can tolerate it and wake-up early and enjoy Honolulu it's worth it.
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
We are truly sorry if the nearby construction was disruptive in any way during your stay. Our staff is always willing to help you with luggage or any other needs. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope for another opportunity to welcome you back to fully impress you.
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
Linden
Very nice staff! They were very knowledgable and helpful with things outside of the Honolulu area. Parking was a joke, off site and way too much money.
3 night business trip Nov 1, 2015
Anna
"Wonderful staff and location!"
The staff was super friendly and helpful! We stayed there for 2 nights before going to the North Shore for two nights. We planned on staying somewhere else for the next two nights but ended up back at the Wave because the staff was so wonderful and the great location!
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2015
Justin
Hairs In the bathroom - tap water for coffee and the smallest tv I have ever seen in a hotel; no parking on premises and no restaurants either.
5 night business trip Oct 25, 2015
"NO PARKING AT THE HOTEL"
First of all you can't ask for much towels they want you to keep using the same one till its dirty second of all they charge you 25$ for parking each day your car is there and if you go out and come back and don't find parking you are out of luck and have to park at another hotel for 20$ it's ridiculous!!
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
Please accept our apologies for any unfortunate encounters you experienced or for difficulties with parking. Your feedback is important to us so we may see what areas may need extra attention to better our guests experience. We hope we may have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
manny
"Good for one night stay"
Decided to go to Honolulu a day early than I originally planned. Already had a room at the Hilton resort for original planned dates but needed a room for the night since I came early. Aqua wave was good for the price and one night
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
Jocelyn
"Affordable and close to beach."
Not your 5 star hotel. With that said, if you are looking for an affordable, great location and cleanliness of room was pretty good then stay here. If you, want a 5 star hotel this isn't the place for you. Only drawback, construction on previous international marketplace so can get loud. Also, no elevator to get to hotel front desk so if you have a lot of heavy luggage you will have to bring it up/down a few stairs. I stay here for when I don't feel like spending tons of money but still staying at a decent hotel.
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
We’re glad you found our rates affordable and enjoyed our close location to the beach. Our apologies for any disruption during your stay with the nearby construction. It’s nice you found your accommodations satisfactory as well and we hope for another opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
G
"Hotel for Sale"
My partial ocean view was of scaffolding for the International Market Construction sight.Awesome. Parking was rediculous and scandalous to say lightly. Not your usual Aqua hotel.sell the property to save your good name.
8 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Ron
"Close to everything"
Hotel was walking distance to the beach and all the shops. Parking was limited.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
andrew
Well room was very clean, right temperures and quite BUT when I booked, requested for 3 adults. When I took shower there's only 2 large towels and 2 hand towels. That was only thing I didn't like it.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
Old hotel but great location and great services
5 night romance trip Oct 19, 2015
Mohammad
Needs to be renovated!!! Advertisement is misleading, to say the least.
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
We apologize if you felt misled in any way, as this is never our intention. Please know we have renovations planned beginning in 2016 that are very exciting. Our rooms, bathrooms and many more outstanding changes will be made. We hope for an opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
"Aqua Motel..."
The pictures on website we're very deceiving. Out my window I had to stare at construction and, so the blinds stayed closed all day so 20 men couldn't see in the room. It was a motel, nothing more.. Location was great but, I'd never stay there again and I wish I booked something else.
4 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
Not Provided
"Don't let the pics fool you"
Dirty old and not worth the money we ended up leaving early. Not a good experience at all
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
never again
Check in staff was very rude and yelling at me. No parking at the hotel you have to park your car a few blocks away.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2015
Clarissa
Uncomfortable mattress, as well pillows. I got room facing the elevator. Noise of the bell wall killing me every night. There is constuction a cross. No chances of using balcony
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
We’re disappointed to know you did not have the most comfortable stay. Please accept our apologies for the construction being disruptive to you. We hope you may allow us another opportunity to welcome you back and exceed all your expectations. Thank you.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
paulina
Some problems here. First, the bedsheets looked like someone had step on them. The TV was a 14" computer monitor, so you can't watch it from the bed. The light fixtures and towel racks in the room were off-center. Most importantly, no one mentioned that there was construction across from the window. We wouldn't have had a view, but there were workers and noise from 8 AM to 5 PM. I'm sure it's why we got a cheap room but it would have been nice to be informed.
3 night romance trip Oct 13, 2015
"Not bad. Just noisy"
Stayed to see friends. The international marketplace construction was a daily noise and the hotel has a lot of locals staying for stay cations. Parking is a huge problem in Waikiki so best not to have a car since parking is $25 a day if available
11 night trip Oct 2, 2015
Jeffrey
"Terrible parking"
Too many hidden charges, such as parking and hospitality charges should be on your ad And on your reservation confirmation page as the total per night. This stay ended up costing just ad much or more than some other hotels that I normally stay at. Your should also cater to local and neighbor island visitors with a kamaaina rate.
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
We truly regret any inconvenience you may have experienced, but it would be out of place for us to answer to the terms and conditions that were set by the 3rd party booking site. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope for an opportunity to welcome you back.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
close to shops and waikiki beach
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2015
Juliana
"Nice hotel for those wanting the beach on a budget"
First of all, the staff are phenomenal. Very friendly and helpful upon check in and throughout my stay. The hotel is a very short (5 min max) walk to Waikiki Beach and within walking distance of dozens of shops, restaurants, coffee shops, etc. For the convenience and friendly staff alone I would stay again. Just remember, you get what you pay for so don't walk in to Waikiki Wave expecting the cleanliness, luxury amenities, and frills offered by some of the more expensive beach side hotels.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
Won't stay again.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Leonette
"Great place, bad construction around the hotel"
Great place to stay, the construction around the hotel is almost unbearable. Thank goodness I was away from my room during the day for work. Room was nice, very normal, better than average, great for the price.
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
Lillian
"Old out dated, room was dirty. noisy"
Checked in late or we would of found a different room first night! Stayed at a beautiful ocean side hotel after we checked out after first night ... Aqua Wave was a dump. Very little on site parking !
Other trip Oct 10, 2015