All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2299 Kuhio Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Bad breakfast
    Poor vibe
    Bad pool
"Great location...but needs updates"
The first room I was in was dirty...bathroom had stained walls, moldy looking shower mat, thin walls and a leaking bathtub. The second room was butter but not by much but it worked for what I was there for.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"Decent Hotel near Waikiki Beach"
Overall stay 3.5 Stars. Hotel - Located on a busy road. Lots of construction next to Hotel. Room was clean but TV signal was bad and Wi-Fi can be spotty from time. No good view of the beach but just buildings. Parking - $25 fee per day per car. Very small parking lot under the hotel. Gets full by 8pm so will need to park in the trade center parking overnight. Paid for parking there and got receipt to get reimbursed at checkout. Overall - it was ok. We liked how it is across the street from Marukame udon and near a Starbucks. However, if we ever return to Waikiki, we would spend more and stay at the Sheraton or Holiday inn instead.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
Alex
"Not impressed"
When we checked in the lobby was very nice and modern. The room was a different story. Room was updated but with low quality materials. The bathroom only halfway remodeled. The flooring and tub old and dated. The drop ceiling in the shower was a major turn off. our room was on the sixth floor but could still hear the bar downstairs until late into the night.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
kurt
"The hotel was not what the pictures presented."
Let's just say the pics that were posted on the website was not at all what the actual hotel looks like. I stayed one night since the hotel had already charged my credit card and checked out the next day after finding a HomeAway house.
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
We regret to read that our hotel was not what you expected. Your feedback is appreciated, thank you.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Pam
"After the cruise"
We stayed after getting off a cruise ship to see the island and it was a good choice would stay again it was five of us in the room and had a lot of room
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
Felicia
"It was ok"
With the construction right next door it was 6 am everyday woken up to thoses sounds. Front desk staff WS not very friendly and the parking was terrible
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
It is disappointing to read that you felt your stay was just ok. Please accept our apologies for the nearby construction noise as this is unfortunately out of our control. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and will pass your feedback on to the management team.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Close to the beach"
Good location but wifi reception was terrible, old DVD movies only available with package. My desk computer monitor bigger than the TV size in the room.
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay. We are thrilled you enjoyed our beach location. We do apologize if there were any issues using our Wi-Fi and the movies available did not meet your expectations. Thank you.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
"Last minute stay"
I enjoyed it very much the only thing i disliked was the parking.. We had to park in the trade center
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
christine
"Pleasant stay and can recommend."
We stayed 8 nights at Aqua Waikiki Wave hotel, Honolulu. Three persons (couple with adult daughter) in 1 room with 2 queen beds, clean & spacious. Furniture practical although old. Location was excellent, amidst shops & restaurants and the beach is only 8 min walk away, past shops and markets. We had a rental car & parking at the hotel was a bit stressful as only limited (nightly charged) parking was available it we managed a get a spot every day. The bathroom mirrors fog quickly when shower is used. DVD movie hire &'beach towels were free of charge. Hotel has no pool. Friendly staff. Free shuttle between hotel and huge shopping centre every half hour.
8 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Dennis M.
Amazing doorman gave me Ukulele lessons. Overall it was a really nice hotel to stay in. I hope one day I can return-
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
Tamas
"Now I know why this hotel was discounted"
I found a cockroach on bathroom counter - I killed and flushed it. Noise from construction on the International Marketplace next door - bring earplugs and don't try to sleep in. Mattress comfort was marginal and pillows are thin Slow elevators - I took stairs most of the time (I was on the third level) Pleasant guest gathering on Wednesday with snacks, drinks, and friendly hosts
3 night trip Sep 9, 2015
"Short two night stay in Waikiki"
My stay at the Aqua Wave Hotel was nice. The staff, especially the valet/porter and front desk were excellent. The people were better than the physical hotel. Nightly valet quite expensive for this hotel at $30 per night.
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
Wallace
It was hard to find the parking lot and the concierge was not helpful. The hotel didn't inform us that Waikiki and there was major construction going on next door. That said, the hotel was nice and clean and the rest of the staff was helpful and very nice.
3 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Sheri
Great place to stay. I love the shopping and food places within walking distance. The hotel was clean and we'll kept. The staff is friendly. Overall service was grwat.
2 night family trip Sep 8, 2015
"Good location and solid hotel."
Good hotel. The room was nice. Nothing fancy but was still nice. The parking lot is pretty small though which was a little annoying.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
"Not the best, not the worst"
The hotel was fine, not the cleanest or most updated, but a good deal. We got what we paid for (compared to other Waikiki prices).
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
Construction all around. Noise beginning at 7am. Parking was limited.
2 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2015
Overall the stay was pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't inform us about parking fees and they don't even have enough parking spaces. So even though you pay there isn't a certain thing you're going to get a parking space.
5 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
"Perfect for a no-fuss beachy vacation"
We stayed at the Wave for a girls weekend getaway - and it was perfect for that. We didn't need a lot of the extra amenities some of the luxury hotels offered - and the price was right. Facilities are a bit older, but well cared for. Staff was super friendly and helpful! Just a couple of blocks from the beach, and right in the middle of Waikiki.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Angela
"If your on a budget and want in it cheap"
Well front desk a bit rude, don't ask to change rooms because they will look at u like you just cursed them out. There is constant construction of a new building going on no free parking but there is internet in the rooms. There are roaches and i thin biting bugs also. It is a non smoking hotel however people still smoke in the rooms you may need to change it. they leave ear plugs on end table for the
1 night trip Sep 2, 2015
alex
It was awesome
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Leane
"Comfortable, close to beach and shopping"
Very comfortable hotel with great access to shopping and restaurants; a few short blocks from the beach and zoo. I was very pleasantly surprised to be offered early check in when all I asked for was to store bags for the day. The rooms were quiet through the night. There is construction of a large building on one side of the hotel, but that is only a modest issue and only during the day. Performance of the staff is a bit inconsistent, but never poor.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Neal
"Decent"
Room was nicely done, but not clean. B Drainage was bad. A puddle of water when you shower. Close to all Waikiki areas. Good location.
4 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
Desmond
I had a pleasant and cheap stay at the hotel. It is very close to everything, very convenient. TV was very small but wifi was very good
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Very good location and that was mostly all."
Our stay was pleasant. We spent most of the time out on the beach and back to hotel after dinner. House keeping is fast and clean. Front desk staff can be slow and (one time only) a little rude.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Great area, great staff, good food across the street, one block away more food and shopping, 2 blocks away Beach! Take Speedy Shuttle from/to airport.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2015
Outdated and the front desk are rude especially the asian women
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are sorry if our décor did not meet your expectations. Perhaps you will allow us to welcome you back in the future.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
We had a great experience at this hotel. There were five of us and they gave us a free upgrade with three queen beds. This made our stay very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful and the location was close to shopping and the beach. The Udon noodles across the street are a must! The beach is a short walk. We took the side street next to the hotel, cut through the Royal Hawaiian pool and you are there.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Tony
"Value stay at value price"
Not bad for the price. Very small TVS in the rooms with very few channels. Tvs and tv service needs a major upgrade. Remote would not work. Limited on site parking.
5 night business trip Aug 27, 2015
"Hotel not well liked"
Some of the staff was not friendly maid service terrible
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We only hope for the opportunity to address any concerns of our guests while they are staying with us so we can create a positive experience. Thank you for sharing your opinion.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
alan
"No pool but relaxing"
It was good aside from the construction; parking wasn't cool at all and bummed there was no pool
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Nice hotel, close to everything ."
It's a nice hotel . Close to beach, lot of restaurants around . Hotel staff is very friendly , We had a problem with TV remote, let front desk know, the maintainance guy showed up like in 2 minutes waiting for us. Parking garage is small, not enough spaces for hotel guests , so we had to park in Trade Center , but it's convenience anyway , no problem to park there, hotel reimbursed us when checked out. We will be back to this hotel , because International Market Place is opening next year. We liked the location, location and cleaness of the hotel.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Hollee
"Acceptable hotel"
Parking was frustrating to find (both the parking garage and an available space once we found the garage). Our first night (on a weekend), the bar across the way was unbelievably loud (yelling and music) until at least 3 in the morning. I don't consider myself a light sleeper but I could not get any sleep at all...felt like trying to sleep in the middle of the bar itself rather than across the street from it. I know the hotel doesn't have control over what the bar does, but just be warned if you need it even a little bit quiet to sleep the noise may be an issue. Upon request, they did move us to a room on the other side of the building after that first night and, though I could still hear some night noise, it was a significant improvement and we were able to get some rest. The hotel is in a very busy, noisy area. You have to put up with traffic, noise, crowding, etc., but the pay-off is that you are within walking distance to a selection of shops and restaurants and are a short walk away from Waikiki beach (maybe 2 blocks). Our room was reasonably clean. A couple of the people at the reception desk were welcoming, friendly, and helpful; a few of the others seemed unhappy to be working there or slightly annoyed that guests were bothering them at the desk with questions or requests. I felt our stay was just OK......nothing that would make me say "never again," but nothing that would make me particularly choose this hotel over another if I were to return to the area.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Sucky hotel."
Hotel Staff were good .. Dee made our stay better she was amazing. Hotel don't have guest services after check out. Walls we're dirty inside our room dripping stains from the wall. Pillows are the new Oreo thins .. Take your own pillow they suck. Great water pressure from sink but not from shower. Never hot water. Water pressure sucks and dirty water would take long time to drain. My view was a construction site right next door worker will start at 7am that was very incovinient the noise at 7am that wakes you up no the best vacation. Parking sucks you have to park at the trade center because everyday they are out of parking. Then you have to pay them $25 and trade center $20
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
It seems that your stay fell short of expectations outside of our staff. Having a guest leave our hotel without that ultimate experience we hope to create for them, is disheartening. Should any issue or concern arise during your stay, please do not hesitate to let management know. It would be our pleasure to address any need of our guest to make sure their stay with us is all they anticipate it to be! One thing to note that if there is a need for overflow parking, the discounted $20 fee is refundable during check out when showing your receipt. Mahalo.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
LuisB
"Good location, but poor facility"
Staff was very kind, except for the repair teams which took multiple calls on simple items and lied about getting calls even when I heard the front desk staff call them. Location is good but walls are paper thin. Next door has construction and they start at 7am and there is no way to stop the noise. WiFi was impossibly slow. Pages would not load no matter the time of day and we couldn't even Skype a phone call. Its in a good place for shopping and a couple blocks from the beach but given the noise from construction and all the nearby rooms I would choose somewhere else next time.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"nice location, but dirty and noisy room"
The hotel is conveniently located, but room is dirty and noisy. mildew in bathroom, toilet/show leaks, window curtain torn, noise from near by night club and construction. Will not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
Aloha. We are very disappointed to read your review this morning. While we do agree with you that our location in the heart of Waikiki is an asset, we never wish to hear that a guest left us not having the best experience possible. We can only apologize for not meeting your expectations and for any inconveniences you may have encountered. Currently our guest rooms are being updated so that we may offer our guests the best in accommodations. Mahalo for your feedback.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
gary
"Nice hotel. not on the beach but snot too far away"
We stayed here the night before we cruised around the islands. It was at a good location, within walking distance of the beach. It was near a good spot for breakfast and shopping all around. Overall, it was great for our need.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Affordable and conveniently located"
The hotel was located directly on a major thoroughfare which made getting around Waikiki and to downtown Honolulu fairly easy. The room was clean and comfortable even though the carpets were worn. The air-conditioning in the room was fine but the hallways and lobby areas were always warm. In fairness, they were experiencing a heatwave in Hawaii. The hotel chain provides a free shuttle service all around Waikiki which was very nice to have as we didn't rent a car. It was a 3 block walk to the beach, a nice restaurant/bar located in the same building, and the hotel staff was very knowledgeable about the area.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Near many attractions"
Shuttle service was inadequate for number of guests. We had a long walk back to hotel because no room in shuttle van
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
Aloha. Our central location gives guests access to many area amenities all within footsteps of our door. While it is never known for sure how many guests will be utilizing our shuttle service at one time, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Our shuttle makes several trips daily and although one shuttle may be full we suggest our guests wait until its return trip instead of walking. Mahalo for your feedback.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Andy
"Not a good time!"
Let's just say, you get what you pay for! I learned my lesson.
Response by Aqua Waikiki Wave
Aloha. We apologize if your stay here with us was not the experience that you had hoped for. We really wish that you would have elaborated more in your review to give us the chance to address your concerns so that we may continue to strive to give our guests’ the best experience possible. Mahalo for your feedback.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Excellent hotel close to the beach, restaurant"
The front desk name FRANK is a very pleasing person always smiling helped me a lot I take room with a view and it was an excellent view especially at night with those beautiful lights out and overlooking view even though I have a partial,view of the beach but at night I sit and relax at the veranda. I'm a person who is scared of heights but when I was in this hotel all of my fears are gone. Ever morning they have coffee with four different kind of flavor and when you are thirsty they have a jar of iced water available in the. Morning thru 8:00 pm at night.No waiting in the elevators and the lobby' is clean and I stayed in this hotel for 8 days and my the cleanliness of my room is excellent with clean sheets all the time. One morning while I'm having my coffee and cookies suddenly a bird came over and join me for a breakfast at the veranda. I check out the fitness center and they have towels and water the gym close at 9:00 pm. I love to eat noodles and luckily I'm in front of my favorite noodle store called "MARUKAME noodles" a long line to wait but the food is excellent and cheap, too. I order KAKE SOUP for the price of $4.75 for large order and $3.75 for the regular one and if you want some tempura for add on it cist $1.50 I've been here 2 times and it was a very good choice for eatery. Parking cost $25 for each night but you have to be there early at night coz the parking is always full, though. But if it's full you can park at the nearest parking lot near WORLD TRADE
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
lorna
"Not bad though better options out there."
The " partial ocean view " was not that great and a couple of lights were out in the room, one on the desk table and the other in the bathroom. Though the lady at the front desk was very nice and accomodating. Check in was not until 3:00 pm though I was allowed to leave my bag there in secure storage in the mourning of my stay before actually checking in.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2015
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our only issue with our stay was the major construction going on right behind the hotel - AND right out our window! It was noisy and a very ugly view. Other than that - we were very pleased. The hotel location was perfect. We would definitely stay here in the future.
4 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Holly
"Good stay at the Aqua"
Overall was good, it is a bargain hotel in Honolulu and is in the middle Of a construction area so the noise was noticeable but not too bad. Hotel is older but not in bad shape. The hotel staff was awesome in my opinion especially providing updated information on the tropical storm that was approaching the island giving advance notice on closures in the area. Staff greeted me warmly and always provided great service, they are the reason I will use this hotel again.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2015
Had a very nice time . Close to the beach. Big Rooms.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Overall great stay!"
The hotel was located in such a great place.The room was okay, some of the walls were a bit dirty from who knows how long but over all such a comfy place to have stayed. The elevators also took a while sometimes. Also they are re doing the international market place and the construction was loud during the day, which was not the hotels fault. Overall the staff was friendly and I would stay there again.
3 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2015
"The hotel staff was AWESOME!"
There were only a couple of negative thigs...one is that there is construction going on right next door so outside our balcony, that's what we saw. Also, it was very loud. The second thing was that we booked a junior suite and it was nothing like what we expected. It basically was the same as a regular room, but with one more bed in it. We were very disappointed. The hotel staff was awesome and our maid, Felyn, was the best!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Not worth the money."
Keep in mind that you're in downtown Waikiki. I live here, but wanted to get away from things for a little. At night on the weekend it gets very loud because you're near a club/bar. The windows do not insulate you from the outside noise. Parking for a vehicle is horrible. There's only so much real estate under the building so its first come first serve, and you have to pay the hotel for the parking. If you can't get parking there, you have to park next door, and pay those folks cash for time spent in their lot. I will never stay at this Aqua hotel again. If you must, go with Aqua Skyline. It's much better!
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Adolfo
Great price, great hotel, great location. It sucks that they don't have a pool, but the beach is minutes away.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015