All hotels in Layton, Utah, United States of America
1695 Woodland Park DrLaytonUT84041United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Clean
    Awesome vibe
    Ordinary pool
Excellent service and clean premises with easy access to the freeway. Lots of nice places to shop or eat close by. Hot breakfast bar was very good.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and all of the conveniences around the hotel. See you again soon!
1 night business trip Nov 28, 2015
"Great overnight Stay. Great Breakfast!"
Wife & I stayed overnight. Quick check-in, great room! Staff was especially nice at all times!
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
We are so happy that you had a quick and easy trip with us! My staff will be thrilled to hear your kind words. Safe Travels!
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
Mattresses are too soft, not comfortable at all.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks for staying with us! I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your mattress. We aim to have great mattresses, but it can be hard to find one to fit every taste. Safe Travels!
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
Lorenzo javier
"Good enough"
Good service and a decent breakfast
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks for staying, a little service and a little breakfast can go a long way! Safe Travels
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
justin
"Great affordable place to stay"
We took a quick family trip to Lagoon. The Holiday Inn Express is close to all the amenities, very clean, and a great affordable place to stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks for staying, we always aim to provide a fantastic value. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our great location! Safe Travels!
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
KRISTIN
"Overall, it was fine."
Requested 2 queens, but got 1 king (which was VERY awkward for our party). Shower didn't get hot, and felt like we were going to fall through the floor. The bed was comfortable though, and the location was good for us. Breakfast was not impressive, but that was to be expected.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks so much for staying, we love your feedback. We continually use our guests feedback to create a better stay for everyone. Safe Travels!
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Julee
"Great Layton Layover"
You can't beat a Holiday Inn Express, especially this one. Everything about it was top-notch, but what was especially nice about it was all of the restaurants within a 2-5 minute walk, e.g. Outback, Cracker Barrel, and Golden Corral. And the full buffet breakfast was hot, tasty, and filling.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks for staying! I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and our great location. Safe Travels!
1 night trip Jul 29, 2015
Lee
"Hotel is convenient to many activities"
We were in town for a funeral. Close to mortuary and church. Comfortable stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks for staying, I am very glad your stay was a comfortable one. Safe Travels!
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Kent
Great hotel close to lagoon the mall and restaurants just off the freeway.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
Nice staff, plenty of parking, quick check-in/check-out, nice rooms, and plenty of restaurants nearby.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you for staying and taking the time to share your experience! I am so happy that you enjoyed yourself here with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Jerfoon
"enjoyed my stay"
The beds were super comfortable and i loved the bedding. The refrigerator and microwave were a must for me. The only downside to the room was the sink and mirror were outside of bathroom and right next to the door.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay!
3 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
kate
"Not the room that I reserved"
The only bad thing that I would say is... I booked a room with two queen size beds for me and my son and when I arrived at the hotel I was told that my room was “upgraded to King size Bed”. Needless to they had to get a rollaway bed for me to sleep on for my three day. Other than that everything was great.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks so much for staying! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention, that way we can investigate and be sure it doesn't happen again. Safe Travels!
3 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Patrick J
"Centrally located."
My experience was a positive one with the staff, they were excellent. However, I hoped to get 2 queen beds, one for me & one for my two sons who were with me and only a room with a king bed was available. I felt that, although the pool area was good sized, the pool was a little small. Also, the breakfast could have been a little better. The biscuits were sort of dry & the sausage was not the best. That being said, I do appreciate it when a hotel does offer a breakfast; that is a plus.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks for staying! Our staff truly appreciates your kind words and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that we weren't able to accommodate you request for two queen sized beds. Safe Travels!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Callie
"Stale smoking room"
The room smelled like it used to be a smoking room long ago. We stayed three days and this smacked us in the face every time we returned to our room. There are ways of fixing this, I don't know why this hotel hasn't implemented any of them.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
I'm so sorry to hear about this! It has been many years since we have had any smoking rooms, however, sometimes guests still choose (unwisely) to smoke in our hotel. We do everything that we can to remedy rooms that people have smoked in. Unfortunately time and circumstances don't always permit for an immediate fix.
3 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Its walking distance away ftom many places to eat and shop..
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you for staying! I am so glad you enjoyed our central location.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"Nice place, convenient location!"
Accommodations were very good. Great staff! The room was clean but the 4th floor was quite warm so we had to leave air or fan on continuously.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Wonderful hotel"
This hotel was amazing! Super clean, great price and overall a great place to stay!
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon! Safe Travels
2 night business trip Apr 10, 2015
Clinton
"Rooms not as described by hotel"
I have stayed there in the past and really have enjoyed it. They used to be very friendly, clean rooms, good food. This time was the worst. The food was the same every day and the choices were not like they used to be. Room was smaller than before. Booked King suite with a jetted tub thinking it would be like every other jetted tub king suite and the jetted tub was the in the bathroom used as a shower. The jets were dirty and black, the bathroom was as small has my camper bathroom because the jetted tub took up all of the room. Very upset. My parents got a king bed room and they had a nicer room. I spent more thinking I was going to be getting a room with a jetted tub and a separate tub in the bathroom. Will not be advising anyone to stay here.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you for staying! I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Valerie
"always a pleasant stay"
Always a comfortable clean place to stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks for staying! I'm so glad that you enjoy our facilities, services, and amenities. Safe Travels!
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Two nights"
Stayed two nights. Room was nice and clean. Hotel staff was friendly and professional.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you so much for staying and taking the time to share your experience. I will be delighted to share your kind words with our staff. Safe Travels!
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
"travel"
quiet comfortable met with family a great place to gather for mothers day.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you for staying, I am so glad to hear that you had a very nice Mothers Day with us!
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Claudia
"poor customer service"
Didn't have the room I paid for so they put an airmattress on the floor. The next night I couldnt get into my room, they locked out my keys. No refund or compensation. Will never stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks so much for staying with us! I am terribly sorry you didn't get the room type that you requested. Depending on your booking methods, room types may or may not be guaranteed. As per your key, I assure no one purposely locked you out. Keys do become demagnetized from time to time for a variety of reasons. Kind Regards
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
nancy
"I won't stay anywhere else"
Quiet location, pleasant people, and the fastest check in ever!
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Kirsta, Thank you so much for staying with us! We appreciate the time that you took to share your experience. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon! Safe Travels
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Krista
Though I did not spend much time in the hotel since I was attending a conference close by this is what I liked. The hotel staff were nice, friendly, and helpful. Room was clean and breakfast and wifi included with the room.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Great Location, great staff, and comfy beds!"
I have nothing bad to say about this place. Check in and out were easy. Beds comfortable and room was clean. The continental breakfast was the best I have ever had. Eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, fruit, etc. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Plenty of hot water. Like I said no complaints and very affordable. We will use then again when we come to Utah.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"great place"
Staff was beyond helpful.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks for taking the time to share your Guest experience at our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff.
2 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
Kenneth D
"Average"
When we went to breakfast, all the tables were dirty, would of been nice to have had them wiped off in between customers. I choose the less messy one and it was still sticky with syrup. The room and service were the normal, not over the top, but nice. I would book here again, wasn't bad.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks for staying and sharing your feedback! We continually use this information to improve the Guest experience for everyone at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon the next time your are in town.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Valentine's Day Weekend"
Breakfast is pretty bland. Need to change it out once in a while. Front desk folks were fabulous, very friendly & helpful. We were in rm. 238 so it was very quiet which we appreciated. You may think this is very strange but the containers of lotion & shampoo are so hard that you can hardly squeeze out what's in them. Also, bars of soap are very thin & small. Try changing the shampoo containers. It would be appreciated.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us to enjoy your Valentines day! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Your feedback is very much appreciated, as we take this information to create an even better Guest experience. Safe Travels!
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Vicki
"Two thumbs up"
Great accommodations. We enjoyed our stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Layton, Utah! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town. Safe Travels!
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Jill
"great"
It was great
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thanks so much for the kind words Malissa! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Safe Travels!
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Malissa
"Clean and great locale"
great location, lots of shops and restaurants close by. The bathroom was extremely cramped with a jet tub, would opt for just a shower next time.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience! I'm glad that you enjoyed our great location. We have plenty of rooms with a standard shower/tub set up. The next time you are in town, we are happy to put you into one of those rooms. Safe Travels!
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Eventful stay"
We checked into one room. After we all used the toilet, we thought we needed a plunger, but it turns out the water to the toilet had been turned off. (Who does that? When was this room last used?) Luckily, my husband figured that out and fixed it. We returned after dinner to find our door key reader wouldn't work. So we were locked out of our room which made us late to the funeral viewing of a family member. Eventually, the hotel clerk, found the correct key to open our room. We changed rooms after we returned. The clerk was very nice throughout this event. I was disappointed with the crumbs on the stairs that I noticed each time we walked up them (and thought the clerk would notice them and take care of them). We did enjoy the indoor pool and the milk and cookies before bed. The breakfast had a selection of sausage and biscuits, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, fruit, juice, and pastries. It was very nice and we lucked out that other family members were staying there and we had a nice visit.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
TPC
"Nice hitel"
It was peaceful
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you so much for the feedback, we hope to see you again the next time you are in Layton, Utah.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2015
My way was awesome other than the front desk gentleman when i checked in didnt let me know that my card was going to be charged a $20 hold fee. Other than that, best hotel experience I've had in a long time.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Family Visit"
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Upon checking in we were pleasantly surprised when our room was upgraded. The warm cookies and milk each night were so good when coming in from the cold. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Layton area. It is very close to many places to eat, the Layton Hills mall and many other shopping attractions.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. If we ever miss cleaning your room for any reason, you are always more than welcome to contact the front desk and we will have it cleaned right away. We hope to see you again soon! Safe Travels
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Teresa
"Great Tub"
Overall huge tub was great but the breakfast was a little disappointing
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your feedback! We use our Guest's valued feedback to constantly improve our Guest experience. Travel Safely!
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Great staff, comfortable room. Definitely recommend to friends and family.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we certainly always love recommendations. I will share you kind words with my staff. In the mean time, travel safely!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Not a 3 star for a readon"
It is not a 3 star hotel for a reason. Loud fan in the bathroom Dirty toilet Dark
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Hi Karyn, Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. We love getting honest feedback so that we can continually improve our hotel to meet our guests needs.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Karyn
"Our Stay during Air Show"
I reserved his room through Expedia, which I have done in the past and have been very satisfied. We get to the hotel (early) to our reserved room, to find that the hotel gave our double bed reserved room away. It was a non- refundable room. They give us a king size 1 bed room for 4 people. The staff tells us that they have to tell 4 or 5 other families the same thing. We have to request to get extra blankets and pillows for the two kids to sleep on the floor. House keeping brings one blanket for each kid to lay on the carpet and put the blanket over them. I ask for another blanket, house keeping was very nice and brought us another blanket, but tell us there is a shortage of blankets and pillows because of all the other families that would be sleeping on the floor. The shower in the room was loud and creeked very loudly, we had cold shower water. The toilet plugged. I have never been so dis-appointed in a hotel. It's a treat for us to be able to take our kids anywhere to stay in a hotel. The Hotel tried to tell us it was our fault that we chose to book through expedia, but I have never had a problem booking through expedia. Expedia made it right with us but this Hotel will never be visited again.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Enroute"
Typical Holiday Inn Express, very clean and comfortable, good facilities and breakfast. This is a bonus location with lots of dining options in walking distance.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our amenities and our local area. Safe travels!
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Takeout
"Nice place to stay"
The accomodations were great,room conditions were to our expectations
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the great review of the Holiday Inn in Layton, Utah!
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Decent hotel"
Stay was ok. quiet clean a little older hotel. The morning breakfast seemed a bit sub standard compared to other Holiday Inn Express Hotels.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing back from our valued Guests.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
AZ Traveler
"Nice for the price"
We stayed the weekend in this hotel for a family vacation to lagoon we take every August. Our room was nice to staff was friendly, the only dislikes we had was one, our room never got cleaned on saturday morning after telling housekeeping to come back as Soon as we had left for the day so we had to track down housekeeping early Sunday morning to get fresh towels. Two, the breakfast ends rather early for a weekend 9:30 is a little early. And finally, the hallways of the hotel were extremely hot, maybe the a/c wasn't functioning during our stay? Other than that it was a great location tons of restaurants and shopping within walking distance.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm glad you had a nice weekend. We love your feedback, we are constantly using it to improve the quality of our hotel.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
brittni
"Comfy!"
The King Size Suite was perfect for my wife and I. The bed was extra comfy and the staff was super friendly.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we love the great feedback. Sage travels!
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Daris
Shower would go from hot to cold with each flushing of a toilet.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We love our guests feedback. It is an important tool for us to continually improve our property. Safe Travels!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Conveniant"
Clean place but bed not comfortable with sheet not put on tight enough so it bunches up under you!
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you very much for your feedback. We love hearing all about our guests stays, and we are constantly using this feedback to create a better product.
3 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Horrible first nigh....."
Got there about midnight and found that our room smelt like somebody was smoking in the room. Had us stay at a different hotel which wasn't that much better. Went back the next morning and they put us in a different room that luckily didn't smell like smoke. Overall it was ok and they reimbursed us for our last night there.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
I'm so sorry that you had to experience that. Although we are a non smoking hotel, it is unfortunate that some choose to still smoke in our rooms. I am glad to hear that our staff made efforts to make it right for you.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Erika
"Nice place to stay"
We chose the Holiday Inn because of the rating and the price. My husband and I were traveling with our grandchildren and needed a place to stay. I always prefer a place with a hot breakfast. Our room was comfortable, the children enjoyed the pool and we all enjoyed the breakfast. The staff are all friendly and helpful. The children and my husband also enjoyed the cookies provided in the lobby in the evening. This hotel is convenient to many restaurants and is not far off the highway. We will stay there again!
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
I'm so glad to hear that you all enjoyed your stay. We aim to provide a great value to any body who books here.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
momtodbl
"Comfortable stay"
The kids enjoyed the indoor swimming pool and hot tub. The breakfast was good, especially the pancake-maker, and the biscuits and gravy. (They had healthy options, too.) The location was good - very close to restaurants and shopping. Barnes and Noble next door. There was a good Irish pub within walking distance - McCool's. Free wireless worked well, and plenty of parking. We stayed here to visit our son at the air force base, so the location was excellent for that.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We hope to see you again sometime soon!
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Not really worth what we paid"
The staff was nice, but it didn't really help that check in was @ 3:00 and we had to wait until 4:00. Taking a shower was a noisy experiencece. The cheap tub made a loud creaking sound anytime you took a step or moved around. Breakfast was kinda nasty...pancakes were the best part. My gf got milk to drink that comes in the lil cartons it was chunky. The best part about the place was the swimming pool.
Response by Holiday Inn Express - Layton
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry that your stay was not up to scratch. We can always find a room at 3, but sometimes if there are specific amenities required in a room, the wait can be a little bit longer depending upon what time the prior occupant checked out. I'm glad that you loved our pool!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014