All hotels in Exeter, New Hampshire, United States of America
90 Front St, Exeter, NH, 03833, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Stay at Exeter inn"
Great older inn; staff were fabulous both on the phone when making a reservation and in person during our stay. Front desk staff came right up and helped us when the cable TV wasn't working and immediately moved us to another room when it couldn't be repaired quickly. One complaint - the shower with the half glass wall does not work at all. No matter how you angle the showerhead, the water gets sprayed to the outside floor. We went through at least one extra bath towel per shower to dry the floor off. Also, the window in the bathroom was stuck or painted shut - couldn't open it. Given this old inn doesn't have fans in the bathroom, having that window open would have been nice - it becomes like a humid icky sauna. Otherwise, we loved the stay. The bed was great; the cookies and turn down service each night very nice! We will stay here again if in Exeter.
1 night family trip Sep 20, 2012
Kris
"Wedding Music and Drunk Guests, Stay Away"
In one word my stay at The Exeter Inn was DREADFUL!!!!! My daughter and I were returning from a weekend with family in Massachusetts. We decided to stay in NH an extra night on our way home to Maine to race in a half marathon the following morning in Hampton Falls, NH. Although the hotel is beautiful, the night we stayed there was a wedding at the hotel. The music was very loud and directly outside our room. Additionally, in the room directly next to our room there was a very drunk, very loud guest screaming about the wedding he had just attended. It went on ALL NIGHT LONG. Needless to say, we did not sleep at all. We went to the half marathon and because we were so tired we did not race and only ran the course. The price of the hotel and $140 for the half marathon wasted. Perhaps The Exeter Inn should keep all wedding guests on one floor away from all other guests. I will never stay at The Exeter Inn again.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2012

"A wonderful oasis in a charming town."
The Exeter Inn was a charming, warm and welcoming place to stay during my business trip. The staff is exceptional. Friendly, accommodating and SO willing to go the second mile to make their guests happy. The food in the restaurant was fantastic and the rooms, though small, are comfortable and cozy. Amazing value and charming.
1 night business trip May 31, 2015
Alison
"Quaint Inn"
This is a beautiful old style Inn, with smaller but very nice rooms. The restaurant food was great, the location of the hotel is in old town, walking distance to the Amtrack station.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
"Ideal stay for ideal getaway!"
This is a wonderful place to stay in an idyllic town. I love Exeter, but had never stayed at the Exeter Inn. I will be back! The inn has great amenities, and a perfect location: a nice walk to the heart of the village, close to PEA, but calm and quiet in the immediate vicinity. It would have been nice to have a coffee maker in the room, but that was the only small quibble. I would highly recommend thie Exeter Inn.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
Stephen
"Great escape!"
We were very pleased with the Inn, the staff were friendly and helpful, room was simple but clean and the bed was comfortable. The only problem was the bathroom tiles needed repair. The location was great , Exeter is a beautiful town. 15 minutes to the beach & 20 minutes to outlets. We would stay here again!
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2013
Robert G
"One night stay!"
Staff is great,rooms are clean.Restaurant portions are small for price and the room are not fully insulated from noise.Overall very pleasant experience.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"You will never regret it"
Very pretty place, staff are excellent, very clean, very very good food (souper or breakfast) you cannot found something better.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
"Great restaurant, mediocre hotel"
The hotel is very nice on the outside. Nice gardens and lighting. The inside bar area and restaurant are also very pleasing to the eye. This seems to be where the updates ended. The front desk reception area is tired. There is nothing exciting about the interior hallways and very little common areas. Rooms are tiny, which is fine given the style of property, but given the style this hotel seems to want to be, I was disappointed that there was no coffee makers in the room, and as silly as it seems the toilet paper was 1-ply truck stop tissue. Just seems that they are cutting costs unnecessarily, assuming people won't notice or care. They did offer complimentary coffee at reception, but I find this a nuisance ti have to get up, dressed just to get my morning coffee. They do offer turn down service, with cookies which was a nice touch. They food at Epoch, was fabulous. I was quite impressed and intrigued by the menu, and the items ordered did not disappoint. I would highly recommend a meal (I only had dinner) here. With some small changes to this hotel, clean comforters (they should go to sheets around the duvet, like most hotels these days), coffee makers, better tissue and a friendlier reception desk staff (never once said hello or good morning or good evening when you walked past to get a coffee or leave the hotel) this hotel would be much easier to recommend
Other trip Sep 4, 2012

"マネージャーの対応にガッカリ"
前回滞在して,立地が良かったので,今回も利用しましたが,長旅の疲れを癒そうとベッドのシーツをめくった瞬間,なんとなが〜い髪の毛が‼︎気になってさらにシーツをめくってみたら,長いのと短いのと合わせて3本発見‼︎フロントに報告し,お部屋を変えてくれる事になり,フロントのスタッフとその部屋へ行き,スタッフが念のためベッドのチェックをしましょうとシーツを開けた瞬間,また髪の毛‼︎他にもうお部屋がないという事で,仕方なく一晩過ごし,スタッフが翌日にはマネージャーに報告してくれると,丁寧にしてお詫びの言葉があったのは良かったのですが,翌日チェックアウト時にマネージャーは何もその事に触れることなく、事務的にチェックアウトを進めようとしたので、シーツの件について言ったら,ただハウスキーピングに確認したら,シーツは替えてるとの答えでした。何の謝りの言葉もなく‼︎ もう2度とこちらを利用したくないと思いました。
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
JP
Personnel tres acceuillant malgré arrivée tardive! La chambre était petite mais très propre! Le lit très confortable!! Le déjeuner au Epoch était excellent !
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Michèle
"Petite chambre mais propre et tranquille."
L'hotel ressemble à un vieux manoir. Notre chambre était petite mais très propre. On pouvait aussi ouvrir les fenêtre à carreaux. Pas beaucoup de commodité comme les hotels modernes, mais pour dormir un soir c'est parfait. Situé au millieu du village de Exeter et il n'y a rien à faire autour. La plage de Hampton avec son animation était à 15 minutes. Service courtois.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2013
"Inn"
Picture does not reflect the small size room
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Nice Hotel with much to complain"
Its a nice Hotel for the first impression, but the coffee was cold , the breakfast was served After 30! Min with cold toast, the tip on the bar appeared on the final check 20 Dollars more, the rooms are more then tiny.... We spend One night, I was happy, that was only one.
Other trip Oct 16, 2012
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
5 night business trip Jan 7, 2013
SE

TripAdvisor reviews for Exeter Inn

"Our room was rather small"
08/15/15 robstainedglass Danbury, CT
I can't complain about our stay at the Exeter Inn. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I just wish the room was bigger, if someone was sitting at the desk you couldn't get to the side of the bed or the closet, plus one side of the bed didn't have a nightstand or lamp which is awkward for putting my glasses someplace for the night.
"Comfort and Romantic"
08/12/15 Bostonian73 Boston, Massachusetts
Lovely stay for 1 Night-If you are looking for a romantic date night, this a place to go! Is very nice quiet area, with a nice bar and central location. Rooms don't have a fridge, but you get access to the Ice Machine and you can bring your snacks and drinks. Bathrooms are small, but very chic and clean! Moderm design in the room and top of the line toiletries. Bed very comfortable, nice TV and amazing AC. This is nice chic hotel for short stays, romantic nights, sightseeing the area or for layover for longer trips. Highly recommended. Will definetly stay again. Friendly staff. Plenty of Offstreet Parking. Wished I tried the Pub/Restaurant-good excuse for another trip.
"Grade A -- Seacoast Charm!"
08/10/15 bluesdog New York City, New York
To make it easier for users, I break down my reviews into six categories: Customer Service, Appearance, Room Amenities, Sleep Quality, Bath, and Extras. I rate each on a 1-5 scale and give a total score at the end. Hope it helps! Customer Service 5/5: Very warm and welcoming front desk staff. (I've stayed here a few times; it's always true!) Room service was remarkably fast. We ordered just after 10pm and received our tasty food within 15 minutes on what appeared to be a busy night by a very friendly room service attendant. Appearance 5/5: If you seek New England charm, you won't do better than the Exeter Inn. There isn't a lobby per se, but a houndstooth-carpeted corridor that branches off into a bar, a couple elegant seating areas, and one magnificent Georgian staircase. (The Inn has an elevator as well) Our room was a queen suite on the 2nd floor. Cream-colored walls, plaid curtains, homey dresser, vintage desk and desk lamp, and leather-tufted ottoman give the room a serene, academic quality befitting a hotel just down the street from Phillips Exeter Academy. Room Amenities 4/5: The queen suite comes with two ceiling fans, two small flat screen TVs, two thermostats (for the sitting area, and the bedroom), and 1 and 1/2 baths. The wifi signal in our room, 237, was exceptionally strong. (FYI, on a previous visit in a different room, the wifi signal was spotty) There is no fridge, minibar or microwave, nor are there in any rooms at the Inn, but remember this is an old hotel with mostly smaller lodging spaces. If you travel with a streaming video device like Roku, there doesn't appear to be a free HDMI slot behind the TVs. Not a big deal but important to some people. My one major quibble is with the lack of accessible/available wall outlets in key areas, near the bed and/or the desk . Even an older hotel can supply rooms with a reachable power strip or two. Sleep Quality 4/5: Surprisingly firm mattress! Older hotels tend to have soft, old school mattresses with no back support. Exeter Inn gets it right. Sheets, pillows, and duvet were comfy. Not the dreamiest hotel sleep I've ever had but very good. Bath 5/5: You come to Exeter Inn for the charm; you come back for the bathrooms. Classy vessel sink vanity with backlit mirror. A handsome assortment of Gilchrist & Soames bath and body washes lined up on a glass shelf. The shower is outfitted with vintage pressure and temperature handles. Achieving the right temperature requires some trial and error but it's heavenly once you figure it out. Extras 5/5: The resident eatery of Exeter Inn is the Epoch Restaurant & Bar located on the ground floor toward the back entrance. You can expect a very efficient waitstaff and quality food at this casual sit-down. I recommend the Wild Blueberry Stuffed French Toast if you make it for breakfast. The other real perk of lodging at Exeter Inn is its proximity to the Phillips Exeter campus (a five minute walk) and to the shops on Water St., (a delightful ten minute walk). In full disclosure, this was my third stay at the Exeter Inn, and my first in a queen suite, an obvious upgrade from a standard queen.Though charming, the smaller rooms are especially "cozy" in terms of space. But the queen suite was comparable or better than rooms in the same price range you'll find in bigger cities. It all depends on what your needs are. And you won't feel more welcomed by any other hotel staff. Adding up my total from the six categories, my Exeter Inn score is 28/30. A solid A!
"WHAT A CHARMER!"
07/31/15 cathi r Boca Raton, Florida
This beautiful inn has two important things: charm and an elevator. Next door to Philips Exeter Academy, it is the perfect place to stay. I would love to be here in the winter curled up with a book by the fire. The room was cozy, with a few on a gazebo. Lovely.
"Loved it!"
07/14/15 LKPNYC NY
We absolutely loved our stay here. It is cozy, comfortable, oozing with charm. The backyard is a gorgeous, lush area perfect for bird-watching or savoring a cup of coffee on the deck of the restaurant (which we thought was good but not great). The staff was so friendly and everything was just so great about our room (comfy bed, quiet, cool) that we'd go back in a heartbeat.
"Comfortable & Friendly"
07/09/15 tesspers Portland OR
I've stayed here many times as I am in Exeter on business 4 times per year. The staff are always very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are quirky (it used to be a dorm for the Exeter Academy) so they are all a little different. The beds are super comfortable, as are the pillows. I like that you can make your room as cold or as warm as you like it. Though it's an old building, the rooms are always very clean. The turn-down service in the early evening includes setting out a fresh robe and some kind of treat - either freshly baked cookies or Lindt chocolates (my favorite). As a business traveler, it is helpful that there is a restaurant on site where you can get 3 meals a day. The food is pretty good, though the current chef seems to really favor bleu cheeses and truffle oil, and the prices are a little high. There is also no room service and no coffee makers in the room, so you actually have to get dressed and go down to the lobby to get a cup of coffee. The lighting in the rooms is not always bright enough, either, and as I get older I could really use a magnifying mirror to see what I am doing in the morning when trying to put on make-up - especially when the lighting is so low. Overall, I love the Exeter Inn and plan to return there again and again for all my business trips.
"Bad choice for our wedding night!"
06/30/15 Jjbcdr13 Exeter, New Hampshire
My husband and I were gifted a night at the Exeter Inn for our wedding night. My aunt and uncle paid for us to stay in a room that had the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. When we checked in later that night we were exhausted and hungry. When we first stepped in our room it was so cold we had to put the heat on 88! We called down to the desk to ask about take out. The girl said they had some local menus if we wanted to go ahead and order. We just decided on a quick pizza and called down to the desk to inform them. She replied ok why are you telling me. The bed was comfortable but it was a very windy night and all night I listened to the tree branches scratching the window. While I don't fault them for it being windy I do fault them for not taking care of the trees on the property. When we woke up I stepped into the bathroom and it was so cold I could see my breath! By 10 am it never warmed up and we left without taking showers because it was too cold. We told the girl at the desk that we were not happy with our stay she said sorry, I'll tell the manager. I never heard back from them. I sent an email also never heard back from them. The coffee they offer was gross. I stayed the night before my wedding in a different hotel also in Exeter. It was a great stay and even had an awesome breakfast I will be going back there. I will not be going back to the Exeter Inn nor would I recommend it to anyone!
"Rooms could use some upgrading"
06/30/15 JennyGB New Haven
I stayed here for a family wedding. The wedding was fabulous. The room was just so so. Paint needs a touch up, the windows do not open, and the room had a stale, dank smell. The fitness room is tiny. The restaurant, where I ate breakfast twice, had slow service and adequate but unimaginative food. Other family members stayed at the Hampton Inn in Exeter and it seemed much nicer. Hold your event at the Exeter Inn, but sleep elsewhere.
"Little quaint and homey resort."
06/03/15 jgkvcruz Salem, NH
I stayed at this resort for a whole week because of a business seminar, and I think that they do a really good in general job. The pros: • The service staff is pretty good. Starting from the front desk personnel, to the house cleaning lady (forgot her name, but she made me feel like I was staying at my aunt’s house). Fresh and clean robes every day, accompanied of freshly baked cookies. • The beds are extremely comfortable (at least mine was). • The inn restaurant food quality was actually surprisingly good. • The overall cleanliness was superb, specially taking in consideration that this is old-fashion building. The cons: • No room service. So if you want to have breakfast in your room, you are out of luck. • The rooms should have some kind of coffee maker in it. You have to get dress and go to the main lobby if you want an early cup of coffee. • In order to maintain the looks of the hotel, there are no “real” curtains. Therefore, again, if you want to sleep in you can’t because the sun goes right in. • They should have some sort of movie rentals within the room, other than just plain cable. Overall, I think that other than just a few issues like the ones mentioned above referring to the rooms, the whole experience wasn’t bad. The service I have to say was really good, and the look and feel of the resort makes you taste that true New England small town experience. I would stay again if I have to, or recommend it to anyone.
"Exceptional Hotel"
04/30/15 Maryann S Middle Island, New York
The Inn provided us with one of the best hotel experiences we've ever had. Our room was large, comfortable and clean. The atmosphere of the hotel is friendly, gracious and very accommodating with a classic look and feel. The front desk was staffed by the friendliest and most helpful people, especially Cindy. The food in the restaurant was excellent and very reasonably priced as are the rooms. Great value for money!