All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America

Great amenities
    Awesome vibe
    Room is all right
    Bad pool
A bit disappointed here. Its a lovely historic hotel, which my husband and I typically enjoy, but our room was very basic for the high price. No coffee in room for morning so every morning we had to run down to the bakery right away. It was chilly in Austin when we visited, and despite turning the heat up numerous times, the air conditioning still was continuously on and it was very cold in the room. Again, its a beautiful hotel, but I wouldn't do it again.
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
"Solo traveler from florida"
from the moment i walked in , i felt like i was back in time. great hotel , great staff , super friendly locals.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2015
spyro
"Style above the rest in Austin"
Absolutely LOVED the abundant history and style and comfort of the Driskell! Very tidy and clean. Helpful courteous staff.
2 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
suzanne
"Beautiful historic hotel"
Incredible hotel. It was beautiful throughout and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. Great location near the Capital and the nightlife. I would definitely recommend the Driskill.
3 night business trip Oct 18, 2015
Freddie
"Beautiful!!!!"
Business trip so I didn't get to explor the neighborhood but this hotel is absolutely stunning.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
Patrick
"Beautiful antique hotel with great service"
4th time in Austin in a month and the first at Driskill--I will DEFINITELY keep this on my top list as I visit Austin in future. Location is great [right downtown]--Austin Police and Town itself need to do something about the drugs and homeless situation but you can't blame that on the hotel. Lots of crackheads day and night panhandling and begging all over town, especially 6th street.
3 night business trip Oct 25, 2015
"Lovely historical hotel"
The AC in the room kept turning off, which meant I had two terrible nights of sleep.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
Cheryl
"Beautiful hotel"
Great location. Elegantly appointed. Great cafe. Built in the 1800's. Check out the art work hanging around the property.
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
"Historic hotel, but room was run down."
Exterior, lobby and especially bar really great, historic and interesting. Room was shabby with worn out carpet, corroded bathroom fixtures, and dirt ingrained into furniture. Obviously not refurbished in last 30 years. Creepy.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Just renovated!!! Nice hotel, very well appointed.
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2015
Edwin
"luxury all the way in the heart of Austin !!"
my wife and I booked a short 4 day stay to get away after a very hectic summer in Boston from the arrival to departure we were made to feel not only welcome but respected and pampered with friendly staff and great amenities in this beautifully restored gem in downtown Austin. Its the little touches that make a stay special and this hotel has them in abundance from great bathroom supplies to no charge for a cup of coffee in the morning which you usually get charged for in most city hotels The staff were all friendly and helpful but our delightful concierge "Brandi" stood out as a great ambassador for the hotel and city. Her warm smile and ability to read her guests and make suggestions based on this enhanced our stay to the point that we put ourselves in her hands for the rest of our stay and every little detail was taken care of. Even on our last day when Brandi was having a well deserved day off she passed on our details to her colleagues so that we were still so well looked after, including a stunning amenity sent to our room which took us by surprise and was the highlight of our last day Please touch bases with this wonderful employee if staying at the Driscoll she has a genuine caring attitude and will make your stay special !!
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
"Great venue, but very expensive."
We stayed at the Driskill to attend a wedding also held there. For some reason all of the hotels in downtown were at a premium price (double the average!). I would not stay there again at that price, but might if I was thinking of a retreat getaway to ATX and the price was more in line with what I have typically seen for the Driskill. I'm not sure it is worth the valet parking. I expect a cost for being downtown, but it was twice the price of other valet services in downtown.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
"Perfect."
Just one night, but the perfect place for us to stay on our quick getaway. Love the history of the hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
"My favorite hotel, hands down!"
I felt like I was in a movie! From the moment I parked and valet escorted me, the doors were opened by the bellhops and the hotel was GORGEOUS. A thrilling stay as the hotel is reportedly one of the most haunted in Austin. The historic, antiquified hotel and decor was very exciting, and the whole stay was an adventure.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
Joeylynn
"Good place to stay downtown austin"
The Driskill is a beautiful hotel, its parlor is a great place to meet at the end of the day and enjoy a cocktail and food. Its location is convenient for quick access to our offices in Austin. The one thing that I would say is opt for a little larger room. The desk setup in smaller room configuration is a bit tight.
5 night business trip Oct 11, 2015
Todd
"Horrible"
Horrible stay. They claimed to upgrade us and put us in a completelly dirty smelly room. Offered room service at 11:45pm???? No thanks. $400 room....any comford suite for $50 is cleaner
1 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2015
Piran
"Every detail was a quality choice"
There were so many details that made this one of the best hotels I've stayed in. The sheets were luxurious, they tucked all of the pillows and blankets well into the linens (unlike many hotels, of late). The wastebaskets weren't filled with plastic bags, but we're instead made of substance. Each too had its own central heating and a/c (no wall units), as well as fans. There were many levels of lighting options. The decorations were beautifully done, with lots of added detail. And the high ceilings were perhaps my favorite feature. I highly recommend it.
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
"Driskill Hotel"
The Hotel is beautiful and a Texas Historical Site. The King Suite was very comfortable for 2 adults and 2 children. The in house restaurant had a delicious and well priced breakfast. Valet was prompt. My only complaint was a roll-away was ordered at check-in, which was promised with in 30 minutes. Several hours later it still had not arrived, nor the linens for the sleeper sofa. A second call was placed before going out for dinner. Upon returning to the hotel from dinner with 2 sleepy children, the linens and roll-away still were not placed in the room.(Or turn down service) After a 3rd request, a housekeeper quickly delivered the items. Despite the bedding delays, we will stay there again.
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
Nicole
"Driskill Stay"
Reception and check in were wonderful. Room service was quick and a great value. Of course the hotel is just stunning as ever. The only complaint we had was that the service in the bar was not up to par for a five star hotel. We were disappointed that in the bar area the dress was so casual, families walked in and out with children, and tables were left dirty for over an hour. We got the wrong drink, and the bartenders were argumentative. The rest of the staff was perfect. Overall we enjoyed our stay in this beautiful historic hotel.
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2015
vicki
"great hotel"
nice place
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
"80 degree night"
A/c wasn't working in my room. Nice person tried to fix it at 1:00 in the morning, but didn't. Then I reported it again that morning and it was supposed to be fixed. When I returned that afternoon, no one knew anything and they just said "I'm sure it was fixed". But it wasn't. The manager graciously moved me to another room the next night. That a/c made it through the night, but completely stopped working the next morning about 9:00 AM. So by 11:00 it was downright hot in there. They took some token amount off my bill, but i feel like the front desk should have been more proactive about knowing if the first room had actually been repaired or not. They shouldn't have left it up to me to go back to the room to discover it was still hot.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2015
Jay
"A++"
Loved the history at this hotel. It's "not your typical" hotel with a lot of character!
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
"Come for the fun, stay for the ghosts"
No nicer place to stay in Austin if you want to be in the middle of everything. Super convenient for staying downtown among all the night life. Hotel is first rate and gorgeous. Very spirited place.
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
"Historic Charmer and Texas Style Friendly"
My husband and I stayed here for our 18th wedding anniversary. It is a historic hotel making our stay seem as though we were stepping back in time to a by gone era. It is a beautiful hotel. They have done a fantastic job of updating while keeping the historical charm. The staff was very accommodating and very friendly. They sent up chocolate covered strawberries for our anniversary. The 1886 Cafe served a scrumptious breakfast. The location was perfect as it was a short walk to Perry's Steakhouse where we had a fabulous surf and turf dinner. We ended our evening out in the hotel bar sipping brandy on one of the comfortable couches listening to the piano. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Robin
"Loved it!"
Beautiful hotel. Wonderful staff. Great room service food.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Emily
Great! except $38 valet a little steep.
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
It was great. Except for housekeeping or the bellhops lost an item of my clothing. They were supposed to transport my belongings from one room to another and one of my tops in the closet went missing in transition.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
Mary Kealy
"Location location location"
Location is fantastic, right in the heart of the music scene. The hotel is very unique and has a great story. It does look and smell old in places. the outside porches on the second floor need a coat of paint and attract smokers which is a shame. Our room was in the newer section and was very small but still comfortable. Valet service was outstanding. Impressed with the staff.
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"Beautiful, historic hotel in a great location!"
We had a fabulous stay at the Driskill hotel. The hotel is beautiful and located right in the center of Austin. We walked to dinner and there were tons of fun bars and music up and down the street. You don't even need to leave the hotel, however since the bar is wonderful! It is large and vibrant with live music the 2 night we were there. We will definitely stay here during our next visit to Austin!
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Did I stay at the "actual" Driskill??!!"
I'm very torn w this hotel. The lobby is very nice and old style but we were given a renovated room in the newer side and didn't like it at all! The room was way too modern and when waking up in the middle of night to go to restroom I forgot where I was. Doesn't have the look or feel of the old Driskill hotel. Disappointed, especially when paying $650 for 2 nights. AND we got stuck in elevators we were using for a while. Hot and annoying. Only upside to the stay, believe it or not was the Valet parking. They rocked! Beds r hard and pillows way too soft. Will not be staying here again unless it's free or a huge discount on the old side of hotel. You're welcome....
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Uhhhhhhhh
great hotel would love to stay again
3 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
"Great downtown hotel"
I am always pleased with the Driskill. Whether with family or on business the staff is always professional and courteous.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Todd
"Nice place!"
Hotel is very nice. Hotel room, not so much. At least not the junior suite we were staying in. For $420 a night we could've gotten a nicer room somewhere else, but hey. Front desk and valet very friendly and attentive.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"The staff was wonderful. The room was beautiful"
we were near everything in downtown Austin. The entire experience was great. Would definitely stay at the Driscoll again
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
barb
"Driskill. Best of the best in Austin"
From its rich history, it's ornate interior, its opulence and location in the heart of 6th Street. Top notch. From the friendly and helpful valet and restaurant staff to the room decor, you feel like you are special. Love the Driskill.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Dallas D
"I had high hopes but . . ."
We had high hopes. This was supposed to be a visually stunning hotel with old world charm, but I found the room to be cramped. It reeked of smoke even though the hotel is supposedly a non-smoking hotel. I found the staff to be 50/50. Some were quite rude and some were more pleasant. When I arrived back to my hotel from spending the night out on 6th st, I was greeted by a rude doorman who demanded that he see my room key even though this was not asked of the previous guests that walked in front of me. I felt disrespected by his obvious profiling of myself. Why it should be assumed that a young person could not afford to stay here is ridiculous! I was also supposed to receive a breakfast credit, which in turn ended up being charged to my card not just once but twice. The valet service which was quite polite is also deemed a little outrageous considering that we're already paying a substantial amount for the room, and of course it was quite a surprise a check out when I was told that it was an additional fee. I had very high expectations given the amount that we paid for our stay, but I was left feeling like I stayed at a nicer Super 8, with only a nice hotel lobby to show for it.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Megan
"Lovely place. Nice for special occasion"
We stayed one night for our 30th anniversary. The hotel went above and beyond to make our stay a special one. My husband arranged special touches like a rose petal path and heart on the bed. Also later a single rose placed on my pillow. The hotel, on their own had a beautiful vase of flowers waiting in the room. Roses and other flowers which just happened to coincidentally contain rubrum lilies. The flowers that were in my wedding bouquet. They also delivered champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to our room. All in all made it a very special night. The hotel is a notorious haunted place in downtown Austin. Kinda gotta stay there once but I wasn't all that impressed really with the room itself. It was nice enough but nothing special. Clean and comfortable. Tho the a/c felt a little "humid". Also the shower head wasn't the best. I had to hunt for a quality spot to rinse my hair. Large dogs were barking next door. I'd still recommend the place. It's an Austin icon. Beautiful decor and quality staff.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Trish
The Driskill is an outstanding history with an excellent location, historical connections and wonderful architecture. The only downside is that you have to either pay $38 for valet parking or make your own arrangements. Fortunately, there is a parking garage half a block south of the hotel (entrance on Brazos) that allows 24 hour parking for $24.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Ronald
"True Texan Charm!"
Checked in on Sunday, out on Monday. The staff were very courteous and very well dressed. The hotel was quiet. The decor is beautiful and appealing. A bit confusing though, it had a 20's style entry, then a cattle barons twist up a short flight of stairs. I wouldn't change a thing, but it was almost like two different decades submerged. There were unused areas which is such a shame because of its grandeur. From the street, a corner door was unlocked and we entered. It opened up to a fantastic ball room that looked like it could have been a saloon. It was empty. This area had woodwork and deep red carpet that is so very nostalgic. It did not open to the hotel, as if secluded then forgotten. I chose this hotel over all others just to take my bestie to eat at the restaurant, and enjoy the luxurious sitting area, but it was closed. That was my fault for not checking the hours. We enjoyed learning of Lyndon B Johnsons stay and seeing the portraits of the Texas governors along the walls. The balcony area would be amazing for a party. This hotel can be so much more..it could use more attention to the nostalgia it already offers. It may not have a pool (not sure i looked), but it offers so much richness to Texas as part of our heritage. My hope is to one day visit the Lyndon B Johnson suite because I know it has so much AWE to offer. Next business trip, my husband is going so he can enjoy a lawyers style ambiance. -Definitely a historical, prestigious place to stay.-
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
MICHELLE
"Beautiful property - street noise?"
Beautiful property. Service was average. Street noise was very loud sonic was hard to sleep. Had neighbors that were on the balcony near my room shouting and laughing which kept me awake from 1:30-3:00am. Had to call security twice.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2015
Jeannie M
"Not good for disabled/mobility impaired using cane"
I arrived w/aarp discount reservation/2 nites and request for near elev.after 3 back surgeries and a mid marchknee replacement.traveling alone.Arrived to 2 young men talking out front (bellmen?)who saw me having trouble getting out of cab w/cane and 1 rolley bag and lg heavyshoulder purse.cabbie opened my door and handed me my bag.I rolled to front desk alone to get my key and verbal directions w/a 2 elevator change getting lost.My 1bag was to be delivered to room. Went back to desk and1 nicehelpful guy got me to my room finally w/I thought my black carryon to discover it wasn't mine. My room no.on door was a single digit while my #on key card was a 3 digit #.staid here 3 yrs ago for family large wedding and bridesmaid luncheon and rehearsal dinner.It's wonderful if family has most of historic hotel rented out . I felt my Aarp discount and my disability hindered me. They need maps;on watch and helpful for disabled seniors arrival,and more on top of one who got bag finally after being brought to tears and them connecting me to another hotel request which I moved to within hour.They did carry my bag out to cab and did not charge me for the 2 nites. I was willing to loose 1st nite to move and enjoy my 1st solo trip after knee replacement.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Sara
"The Room's Not the Thing"
We were here for both business and pleasure. The neighborhood is great for older kids and adults. Younger kids could take it or leave it but there are many activities within easy reach, particularly if you have a car (and valet parking is very convenient). The amenities (room itself and gym) are fine but not remarkable for a hotel of this caliber. The service is excellent. The lobby is an extraordinary place to spend an afternoon working. The bar has live music that you can either enjoy close up or in more removed intimate spaces.
2 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
"Nice place Could use update"
Very nice but could use update Nice bit of history
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
galone
"Look at other Austin Hotels"
AC in room was very poor, drunks in the hallway screaming all night and morning. Sheets were cheap, mattress was old with old springs - I love Austin, and used to live the Driskill, but I will probably never stay again... They need to step up their game, Austin has new, great hotels... Not the Driskill anymore
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Beautiful hotel in great location"
We stayed at the Driskell this week We found it online and it looked very pretty. It didn't disappoint. Beautiful hotel. Rooms aren't overly large but comfortable, pretty and clean. Location was great!! A few blocks walk to the capital and right at intersection of 6th street with so many restaurants, clubs and bars. Only problem was it was a bit expensive and we had no view other than a brick wall. Make sure you ask for an outside room.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Great service!!!
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Kenneth
"Historic Hotel"
Great historic hotel right on 6th street. Walking distance to Capitol and other sights. 6th Street night life right outside the front door Staff awesome hotel beautiful
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Karan
"Wonderful"
Absolutely marvelous! Couldn't ask for more. Hotel is beautiful staff is wonderful perfect location
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
jo
"Jul4th weekend!"
Outstanding attentiveness in customer care. I only wish the bathroom area had 2 sinks
Other trip Jul 6, 2015