All hotels in Dallas, Texas, United States of America
1321 Commerce Street, Dallas, TX, 75202, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Whim stay."
Good stay.
1 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
Oliver
"A beautiful hotel with a lot of potential"
The hotel has a lot of history, and it is absolutely beautiful! Concierge service was excellent! Hotel staff such as front desk was disapointing - in 24 hours i had problems with my room key 4 times and had to go back down to fix it 4 times, explained my frustration about this to the front desk staff but they did not care... My room still had some left over thrash from previous guests, nothing to bad but expected more from this hotel. The hotel in it self was good - But they need to look over their rooms a bit more- Paint falling of from sealing in the bathroom, could not close the door to the toilett because of a badly adjusted table.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Great location, needs renovation!!!!!!"
GREAT LOCATION but the Hotel is in need of a MAJOR RENOVATION!!!! The Hotel at some point was the jewel of downtown Dallas but those days are gone. I hope the owner/management has plans for a major renovation because the location and building it's self are worth it.
2 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
nansi
"Highlight is the fitness center."
The best part of the hotel is the fitness center. The room I stayed in was dated and weirdly configured. The HVAC made alot of noise. The elevators were ancient.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"A trip back to 1988! Adolphis is outdated!"
The Adolphus is a beautiful historic hotel but guest rooms are BADLY in need of a major overhaul. When I walked in to our suite of rooms they looked exactly like they did back in 1988! Additionally there were no trash cans in bathrooms, no mini refrigerators (they have "coolers" which really don't do the job. Furnishings were old and worn - not in a "historic" way! There were electrical cords running across the carpet to table lamps. Cords to TVs were fully visible. Just not at all what you'd expect from a 4 Star Hotel. A good price, but overall disappointing compared to other "historic" hotels we've visited.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Beautiful Historic Hotel in Downtown Dallas"
This hotel is absolutely beautiful. The staff is kind & helpful. They are currently doing some restoration, but it didn't effect the service or the ambiance.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
misty
"It's was great!!"
We had a great time. The food and the people were great!
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Birthday weekend"
My daughter and I spent the weekend for our birthdays. The staff was so nice and friendly.
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
julie
"Elegant Historic Hotel"
Beautiful Beaux-Arts ambiance and spacious room.
4 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"Nice hotel but lighting is bad"
My room was one that hadnotbeenremodeled or redecorated. Lighting was absolutely horrible, which made doing makeup was challenging. When will hotels realize that women need light to apply. Akeup?
1 night trip Apr 8, 2015
"The place was beautiful"
Let us check in early. Staff friendly. Close to DART.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Super nice staff!"
Older hotel but had a lot of charm. Valet parking was very reasonable and worked out great! All staff was completely accommodating and quick to help in any way! Nice place to stay in downtown Dallas!
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Angie
"Faded glory"
The main areas of the hotel are quite lovely but my room was a bit shabby. Curtains were frayed, lamp shades torn, some fixtures didn't work
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
"Adolphus is always dependable for a pleasant stay."
Our checkin went smoothly. One of the men went out of his way to see that we got what we needed when we needed it. We were most appreciative. The breakfast was delicious and the room quite cheery. Our bed was very comfortable. We were disappointed that we couldn't get the shuttle and had to use a taxi both ways in the evening. We enjoyed our Adolphus getaway!
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
Betty C
"Faded glory"
bed was comfortable but curtains were unraveling, lamp shades torn, and floor had not been vacuumed. Minibar was empty. Great area and the lobby and dining rooms were beautiful. Lovely hotel just needs some TLC.
3 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Great historic hotel in the heart of Dallas"
All was great! Staff was nice and courteous, everything was clean and comfortable. I loved the historic fixtures!
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Holly
"Trip with two grandsons"
We walked from the hotel to the Dallas Convention Center for the car show. The grandkids loved the hotel and we were very comfortable in the big room. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Hotel gave someone our room and they came into our room in the middle of the night.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Disney Frozen @ American Airlines Center"
My wife and I took two of our grandkids to see the Disney production "Frozen" at the American Airlines Center. We drove down to Dallas from Wichita Falls, TX. I was not looking forward to this trip, however, it turned out to be surprisingly good. Much of this was due to the Hotel and its staff. Everybody there treated us so very well. In my mind the Hotel and the staff made the trip very worthwhile. And, the grandkids really liked the "show." Thanks again for all of the help that was provided to us. We will come again. Robert K. Hegglund, Wichita Falls, Texas
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Good hotel"
Great location for visit to JFK museum
2 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
"Great hotel very close to everything."
Really impressed with the hotel and location. The staff were incredible with their local recommendations. You were able to walk to all attractions and the AA centre. Very highly recommended. The room was spacious, clean and very well maintained.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Matt B.
"Sundance Square"
Great location- pretty hotel
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Nice. Expected a little more for price."
The history of the hotel was great. Was expecting a little more out of the room. Will never stay again.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
roger
"Great location for what we were doing"
We were very pleased with the accommodations. The restaurants staff very friendly. Sign in experience was very smooth. The concierge service extremely helpful and pleasant to talk with.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
hank
"Nice Place"
We were on the 7th floor, in a nice big room. We had a King bed, with a big sitting area. Everything was relatively quiet. For 2015, they WILL be remodeling, so make sure you check on that before you book.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Craig
"review of our stay"
I really expected more. Housekeepng was poor. Trash cans not emptied, beer bottle caps from previous guests were not removed. Bellhop service poor. Requested assistance with luggage and after 30 minute wait we carried them down ourselves. Will try someplace next time
3 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
michael
"Very disappointing"
The driveway and lobby are very nice and lead you to expect a total 4/5 star experience during your stay. When we stepped off the elevator the carpet is very dated and the hallways smelled like someone's dirty socks. The room is also very dated, the carpet was shabby, the curtains looked like something from 1980, and the bathroom looked like something from the projects. The pillow cases and sheets looked dirty or stained, like someone had walked all over them with dirty shoes and slept on them with make up on. The front desk staff were excellent and when we called to express our dissatisfaction they upgraded us to a bigger room. This room was also a huge disappointment and in the same shabby condition as the first room. The linen was also dirty appearing and when we called for clean sheets the housekeeper just handed them to me and left. The "clean" linen also looked stained and dirty, and was still wet as though they had just pulled it from the dryer before it was dry. I went down to the front desk and they sent someone back to our room with yet another set of clean sheets to change our bedding. They also offered to comp our dinner at the hotel. The staff tried to accommodate us, but this hotel is just not up to our standard when we are expecting a 4/5 star hotel experience. Overall a huge disappointment that almost ruined our stay.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Wendy
"Body By O"
Loved It
1 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
Body
"Old world elegance."
I was upgraded to an executive suite. Room was huge. Hotel location great Concierge, Kevin, helped us in every situation with unparalleled panache. Rooms probably need a little updated freshening on the decor. Valet parking was very well operated system. The entire hotel staff seemed exceptionally happy and ready to serve.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Anne
"Adolphus stay"
Was not worth the money and the $28 parking charge is ridiculous. The air conditioning took hours to cool down. Great location and great service but that's it.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
casandra
"Beautiful Stay!"
I've stayed here before and it's always a real treat! Beautiful through and through! The beds are ao comfortable and the rooms are impeccable. My only complaint was the man dressed as a woman banging on the door next to me at midnight... Ugh!
1 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
susan
"Stepping-back-in-time charm"
This is a great hotel if you like old-fashioned decor, tall ceilings, lots of space, and friendly service. That said, it has quirks: slow elevators, dusty, old, but ornate fixtures, no modern conveniences like plugs on the nightstand lamps, no lighting connectors for charging iPhone 5 or later, etc.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Christopher
"Hotel in The city center"
Good price, very spacious room (double queen bed) Hotel is old but very stylish
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
33 yrs old
"Lovely Old Hotel"
Excellent staff, great food, beautiful interior. Our room was due for an upgrade (70's fixtures, lamps and furniture) but it was large, quiet and extremely comfortable.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Miranda Lambent concert."
Hotel is nice but rooms are very small and there was an odor in the hallway of our room. For the price that you pay for the rooms you would figure alto larger and very nice. But, this is not the case. We tried it once and we didn't like it so we want be back.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Wes
"Nice hotel! Spacious rooms!"
Loved it! Can't wait for new pool installation and spa!
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
mrs
"Good value, older hotel"
The room was a but run down, but I understand it is going to be updated soon. The hotel was a beautiful old building with a great lobby. I was only there one night. Had an odd-shaped room and a bed that felt uneven, but beyond that, everything was fine. It was a good value, maybe $100 less than everything around it.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Bjorn
"Review"
The rooms need to be updated, especially the bathrooms. Otherwise a nice overnight stay.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Rude staff"
First off i called maybe 5 times before I had my Fiancee check into the hotel. I made sure they had her name on the reservation made sure that they would have a room ready for early check in and made sure of these two things 3 different times. the first time i called was 2 weeks before they went to check in the second time was one week before the stay and the third time was the day before they stayed. Everything was good they assured me a room would be ready and that she could check in under my name. Neither of these things were true at all. They would not let her check in and did not have a room ready. She was there to go wedding dress shopping and had to get ready in the hotel lobby bathroom then stand in line to make sure they could even reserve the room for her. Nick (the front desk "manager") is rude and not willing to even attempt to help at all. For a manager position you would think he would know a little more than the words there is nothing i can do. You would think a nice historic hotel of this sort would have more respectable staff members. Guess again they are unorganized rude and not willing to do anything extra to make your stay special. although rooms were nice and the beds were comfortable never would i ever recommend someone to stay in such a place as long as this staff remains working here. Nice people at the bar so if you like to spend to much on your drinks this hotel is for you. If you like to enjoy your stay and fill spoiled this place is not for you.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
tj
"Adolphus- wonderful stay!"
Stayed at the Adolphus during a large cheerleading competition held at the convention center. Upon check in, the staff handed me a letter crafted for those families participating in the competition that politely asked for children and parents to respect other guests and please not lounge or be rowdy in the public areas of the hotel. Loved that! Every other place we've stayed at during this competition has been full of rude loud disrespectful kids that have no consideration for all other guests, so kudos to the Adolphus for ensuring all guests were happy with their stay that weekend. Breakfast buffet was great, as was the room service meals ordered. Car valet service was quick. The hotel was beautiful and so classy, I highly recommend staying here!
3 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
"Don't stay"
The hotel didn't leave any soap In the restroom and the room had a lamp with a cord that draped across the walking path. This led to the lamp being pulled off the table and crashing to the floor, breaking all over the floor. The room was definitely cheap and if you're looking to stay downtown and save a few its not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I'd suggest staying elsewhere for the additional dough. When I booked this I was hoping for anice old fashion style hotel and didn't really get the expected experience.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Great location in downtown Dallas."
The hotel was awesome. The rooms are somewhat dated but renovations are planned this year. The staff was extremely attentive from the bellmen to the front desk, to the housekeeping and room service staff. It is evident they are all well trained in customer service. I look forward to staying here again when we return to Dallas. Was only 5 minutes from the American Airlines Arena where we watched the Dallas Stars play the Detroit Red Wings. The hotel lobby is beautiful as well.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Rochele
"Not cheap but reasonable for a nice hotel downtown"
Stayed here for in-town getaway for a night. Room rates at the Adolphus are never cheap, but relatively speaking, the price was reasonable. We did not eat at the hotel mainly because it is extremely expensive and in my experience, the "fancier" and pricier the food, the worse it is. I have never heard anyone say the food here is bad, I just can't stomach the price. (Drove up to Lower Greenville Ave. and spent about one-fifth as much as I would have and got a great meal for two.) But then, I have simple food tastes. Overall, the room was nice, clean and the service was very good. The lobby is beautiful, but it was crowded, so we didn't hang around. It happened to be a busy weekend.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Dallas Native
"Nice stay!"
My stay was for business related travel during an ice storm. The staff went above and beyond to meet everyone's needs. Very friendly and accommodated our trainings with last minute schedule changes. Hotel was clean yet had the old musty smell, but considering it was built in 1912 I suppose musty is to be expected. The location is near some really neat sites, restaurants and cultural activities.
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
BRENDA
"Weekend stay"
Fantastic! Only wish the suite had garden tubs, but that's just due to age.
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
"Weekend Getaway"
Nice anniversary weekend getaway. The room was quiet large and comfortable. The antique furniture was beautiful. The hotel staff was warm, friendly and helpful. We ate at some wonderful nearby restaurants (Perrys and Abacus).
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Antiquated"
The antique hotel has great architecture, however, the rooms, bathroom, toilet and tubs are entirely too old. Carpet was not clean looking. It appeared to be the carpet from when the hotel was built.
2 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
REGINALD
"Not what was advertised by Expedia."
We booked the Adolphus for our anniversary and we're excited about staying in the deluxe King room with 1 king sized bed. When we arrived, we had what seemed to be quite an average room...and definitely not a King sized bed, infact it was a queen! When we complained to the hotel, we were told that Expedia were not offered specific rooms (ie Deluxe King sized rooms) but only what was available and that we would have to take it up with Expedia!! They said that they had no King sized rooms available ( in February!?). We also pointed out that the heating was not working in our room, and although they said they would send someone to look at it, it was never resolved. We ended up turning it off! Not really the best way to spend an anniversary! The hotel is is a great location and the main rooms are very nice, but they need to ensure that guests get the rooms that are advertised and paid for.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Nice Hotel in Bad Location"
There are hardly any dining options close to the hotel. You have to walk at least 5 blocks for any type of sit down place, otherwise it's fast food places near the Greyhound bus station. The service at the front desk was also very slow and seem disorganized. At check in there was only one person serving guests even though there were 3 people behind the desk. I needed a printed receipt at check out and waited in line over 15 minutes just to ask for my receipt.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
"Beautiful Interior furnishings. Loved the veiw."
My girlfreind and I were very pleased with our overnight stay. The staff were friendly ,helpful and professional. The room experience was comfortable and room service was timely. Even the valet service were prompt and helpful with giving us directions. I rate this overall experience highly and look forward someday to stay again.Thank you!
Other trip Feb 22, 2015