All hotels in Dallas, Texas, United States of America
1321 Commerce Street, Dallas, TX, 75202, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Decent vibe
    Bad internet service
    Bad pool
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"Elegant"
Hotel is undergoing badly needed updates. The hotel is very beautiful but room are very dated. Still comfortable. Staff often seemed on short supply. I want to go back when the renovation is complete.
2 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"Not the Queen; Not Treated Like One"
The Adolphus is undertaking renos right now, hence the sale. We lucked out going on a holiday weekend, there was no construction on Saturday, but weekend construction normally begins at 10 a.m. We heard some Friday afternoon. Hardly the background noise you'd want for a romantic interlude or over your room service breakfast. Some of the staff seem to have given up, apparently not interested in serving the hoi polloi brought in by the sale prices. The concierge was great, told us where to go for fireworks, and so was the driver who picked us up from Union Station. The desk agent at our checkout was unfriendly, and unhelpful in helping us get back to the station, told us there were no hotel cars due to holiday weekend. When we went outside and asked someone to hail us a cab, he said, "Why don't you just take our complimentary hotel car, here?" The driver was a grumpus, didn't open our doors or speak to us at all. He brightened up when we tipped him anyway, but my impression had been formed. The lobby was all jacked up for a carpet cleaning, so we couldn't sit in it or use the lobby bar and the French Room was closed. Our maid didn't service our in-room coffee station and left it full of trash. So, my overall impression of the place is: meh. It's a pretty hotel, the beds are comfortable, but it seems to me that unless you are Queen Elizabeth, their illustrious former guest, they aren't up to rolling out the best service.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Emily
"Sisters getaway"
This was a Sisters getaway just to enjoy the city & restaurants. The front desk was very nice & accommodating. Will definitely come back for a longer visit!
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
DeeDee
Staff was pleasant. Hotel room smelled of mold due to a flood on that particular floor.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Herbert
"Well worth the wait"
Have wanted to stay here for years! Finally got a chance...room was wrong but the front desk immediately sent the bellman up for a room change! Service was impecable and the hotel was as dreamy as I thought it would be!!
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"Antique But Under Construction"
Hotel was under construction and 70% of hotel was closed off. A/c in our room didn't work very well. Hotel desk was not very friendly.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"excellent time worth it"
This hotel was amazing. They were out of double bed rooms so they instantly upgraded us to an executive suite for no additional charge. Food was great but very expensive. So eat out some where's else if you can. Valet was great everyone was very friendly.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Jeffrey
"Date Night"
Nice, romantic evening. Good location in Downtown Dallas. Great stay!
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Kaylie
"Beautiful room, perfect location, but..."
Besides the unexpected "mandatory" $28 per night valet parking, the missing concierge when I tried to check it (it was 11pm, but come on, I shouldn't have to hunt you down for ten minutes) and the un-updated in-room service book (said they had a late night menu, but apparently that's been discontinued.) my stay was excellent! Beautiful room and perfect location. Literally in the middle of Dallas!
2 night trip Jul 1, 2015
Margaret
Hotel it's nice friendly staff lots of renovations
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Manuel
"Needs a face lift"
Room keys disconnected 4 or 5 times. They got the wrong car after a long wait for car. Hotel is old and dreary and bathroom sucked!! The staff was nice though and very efficient.
3 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
"Beauttuful, historic hotel- grumpy front desk folk"
Great history and beauty. Undergoing renovations, so it was a little inconvenient, but still nice. The bellman, valets, and concierge were incredible! The front desk staff from evening to morning, etc, were awful. So abrupt and somewhat condescending. Very glad the others from the hotel were great, so it balanced out! Downtown is a lot of fun, and we enjoyed getting out and exploring the area.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Ellen F
"Adolphus Hotel Dallas"
Remodeling the hotel. Scary elevators and just not what I expected at all. I love historic hotels, byt I won't stay in this one again.
2 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
"The "Grand" Adolphus"
We had a wonderful stay. The staff was top notch. The location was near many venues. We would stay again.
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Craig
"A Great Classic Hotel in the Process of a Make Ove"
Beautiful stunning public areas from 60 or 70 years ago Great use of dark woods and crystal fixtures. The bar area reminds me of the Oak Room that once existed at the New York Fairmont Hotel. The public areas are that nice. I had a great room, a junior suite. I have been told that some of the rooms are less nice, however the entire hotel is in the process of a major renovation from top to bottom. I ordered room service once and it was disappointing. A cobb salad that did not taste like a cobb salad. The bacon was burnt or something that I could not put my finger on. Staff were cordial though they could be more attentive. While the hotel is being renovated they may also want to work with the staff to create an environment of 'Ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen'. The concierge was a positive stand out and a middle age woman who was walking around the public areas asking if she could help with anything. If the goal is to create a 4 or 5 star hotel more attention needs to be paid to room details and staff.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
We just loved the atmosphere and the decor. We rarely left the hotel the entire time! Hopefully the renovations are only for the rooms and doesn't affect the style of the lobby.
4 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
Allan
"Treasure"
The Adolphus is a treasure. It has wonderful character. In practical terms it is clean and the service is good. It has three restraunts but there are also numerous others within walking distance. The hotel car, free to guests, was a great help on my trip.
6 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
"Amazing customer service in a luxury hotel"
The staff was very attentive and friendly. The rooms were spacious.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Jan
"MUST STAY AGAIN!!"
The staff was amazing. The room was beautiful. The food in the French Room was unbelievable! I am so happy we were able to stay at this hotel.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Jane
Beautiful hotel which unfortunately was undergoing renovations. Very little room with two double beds.
4 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
"under construction"
Upon arriving I was early to check in and so was waiting in the lobby for the room. I tried accessing the internet but had a very hard time with it and was very difficult finding anyone to help me. People either didn't know or were rude and dismissive. I had to call down to housekeeping in order to get my room cleaned at 3pm. The room itself was very dark but the bed was comfortable and sheets were nice as well. Overall I do not think I will stay here again as I came for business and did not think this hotel suited my needs at all.
2 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
Francesca
The hotel is under renovation but still open to business hotel staff friendly and helpful when you ask Questions overall our stay was nice it would have been nice if they offered free parking than vale
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Very accomadating and friendly staff."
Enjoyed the stay. All staff members were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Downtown"
This is a nice place. It was being remodeled but wasn't too much of an inconvenience. Good walking distance to the convention center.
3 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Don
I was there for a convention. i was by myself and had a very quiet stay.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Vintage Elegance"
We had an enjoyable weekend stay at the Adolphus! The neighborhood is lovely and everything downtown is within walking distance. The vintage elegance of this hotel made for an enjoyable stay. The Bistro and the hotel bar are both great experiences.
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Kimberly
"Old-school luxury"
We had a great stay at The Adolphus. We were in town to see the Stones at AT&T Stadium. The staff was great. Wish I would have discovered the Walt Garrison bar sooner. The food was good, but expect to pay a little more for for upscale accommodations. We received coupons for breakfast at The Bistro. Will have to try The French Room next time. While it is far from being run down, it is time for a makeover. The decor is very well kept but a little outdated. They have just begun to renovate the hotel so there might be construction noise depending on what floor you stay. The A/C was a bit inconsistent throughout the room. Cannot tell if they had bell service, but did not mind carrying my own bags as we packed light for a short stay. Valets were prompt. Would definitely stay here again if the price was competitive.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"Amazing Historic Hotel"
Our stay at the Adolphus was very enjoyable. So much history, culture and beauty are in this hotel. In addition, great central location, really helpful staff and clean room.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Sam
"Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Aldolphus"
Attended event at convention center and was an easy walk, but was even easier when driven there by house car
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
"Cool historic hotel with great staff!"
The hotel is historic which is why we chose to stay there. The halls and furniture need a bit of updating but they are planning to do that already. Our room was spacious. Scott who works the lobby bar was super friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the hotel, we really enjoyed talking to him. Petra in the restaurant was super nice and attentive at our breakfasts. I would suggest this hotel if you like more historical hotels and not your cookie cutter ones. It was clean and in a great location!
3 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Autumn
"Tons of potential...needs some work"
Beautiful lobby area and great staff (with exception of the less than friendly bartender). That's about as good as this review gets. Elevators were scary...and of the five...only two were functional at any given time. Downstairs restaurant was lousy and the western cowboy theme did not mix well with the ambiance of an otherwise beautifully classic, turn of the century hotel. The room was okay but bathroom was poorly designed and not all that clean (hair in shower on checkin). The shower was the size of a large coffin and had a nozzle that sprayed straight down with the force of a fire hose. Bed was comfortable only when inebriated...and that was difficult to achieve since the lobby bar didn't open until evening. Not much else to say other than there are likely much nicer places to stay in downtown dallas.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Bunz
"Adolphus Hotel"
The location is perfect. Restaurants and shopping are close by. The train is only a few blocks away.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
Ace
"Amenities listed are misleading"
Beware: despite the amenities listed including Wifi and Breakfast, they are *not* included. Wifi is $11 *per device* and breakfast is available at a cost. Movies are also charged at about $15 a pop.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"Wedding weekend"
We stayed here for a family wedding and had a wonderful weekend!
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
carroll
"Really nice classy, old, hotel"
This hotel is a survivor from years gone by. At one time, this place was for the rich and famous only. The architecture, design and furnishing of this hotel are old but completely impossible to build in this day and age. I really enjoyed my stay even thought the old "lady" is a bit on the tired side, the charm and feeling of this well kept hotel is something special.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Ed
"Front Desk Staff and Room Service - not answering"
The Staff overall was very pleasant and accommodating - Jimmy the doorman rocked! On Sunday evening I was unable to reach anyone at the Front Desk or Room Service - it took multiple tries. I was wondering if the phone was working. Once I was able to contact someone all went well.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Colleen
"Great historic hotel"
Great hotel, especially for the price.
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Came in town for Byron Nelson Golf. spent all day at golf course, came back to hotel tired and muddy. Our room had not been cleaned. Had no towels , etc. Also rooms are very dark , could use more lighting. Hotel is old and beautiful but probably wont stay there again
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
david
"16th year Anniversary"
Hotel Air conditioner would not cool the room effectively Very bright light shined through our room door kept me awake very loud room neighbor in and out of room until 2 AM in the moring
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Jimmy
"A grand time at the Adolphus"
The Adolphus is a beautiful old destination hotel built before the First World War, lovingly kept up and currently being renovated. We stayed three nights and were extremely pleased with the food, ambiance and location. On our first night we hopped the trolley ($5 per person for a 12-hour pass) to visit the New Bohemian section called Deep Ellum. The next day we walked up to the Museum District (though you can ride the trolley there too) and visited the Dallas Museum of Fine Art. The next day we walked around the West End and its various historic sites and buildings. The Dallas Convention Center was hosting a comic book convention which we also dropped in on, since it too is within walking distance. and the streets were full of costumed convention-goers all day Saturday which made for a lively scene. Friday night we had dinner in the French Room and Saturday afternoon we had tea in the lobby, both very elegant experiences which we greatly enjoyed though be advised that the French Room is now prix-fixe (i.e., it has a set three-course menu from which you pick your appetizer, entree and dessert). The hotel bistro is also very good for breakfast but you will probably want to split plates as the portions are enormous! There are as well lots of excellent restaurants within a few blocks. We felt safe walking about downtown Dallas in daylight but I personally would not recommend this at night unless you are part of a group and not going far.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Sammy
"Bachelorette party get away"
My friends and I came for a small bachelorette party and our experience was amazing. The staff is helpful and friendly and the rooms are amazing. The hotel is also in a very central location to all sorts of fun things to do.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"ask to be in the refurb'd part!"
Can see this once was an outstanding hotel - however it has lost its bloom now. They do have a refurb going on so I'm sure that would bring up the comfort and standard quite a bit - ask to be in the refurb'd part!
2 night business trip May 26, 2015
"Adolphus, old world charm. Beautiful"
We stayed for several days. The Adolphus possess an old world charm that sadly a lot of the new establishments lack now days. Right from the onset, the grand entry, the politeness of the staff, right up to the comfort and quietness of the elegant room. The grand old lady still matches it well and truly with the contemporaries chain hotels. Drop in for a drink and the Rodeo bar, perch on the corner of the bar and watch the busy street. Wander around and bask in the nostalgia of one of the great landmarks of Dallas. We'll definitely stay again.
3 night trip May 26, 2015
"Nice location and under renovation"
Classic Dallas icon, past its prime but it appears that they are in the middle of a major renovation to its guest rooms. Not sure if the public areas are planned renovation as well but they need it.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Robert Rippee
"Very disappointed in this 4 star hotel"
Arrived and room was not clean, looks like floor was not vacuumed and hair, contact, hair pins on the bathroom floor, papers in the trash. Front desk did upgrade to another room but several lights did not work, and sockets not working to plug in electrical devices. Stains on the ceiling and wall. We were booked for 1 night and checked out the next morning. Front desk said it was an older hotel and no renovations were being done. Very disappointed that a 4 star hotel was so outdated with dingy, outdated, and not clean rooms.Fron desk offered to upgrade to another room, but didn't feel that the3rd time would be a charm.
2 night family trip May 25, 2015
Great hotel, experienced and professional staff with knowledge of Downtown Dallas. It's conveniently located in the perfect area for your needs or wants downtown with your convention centers and venues minutes away. Great value for the hotel type and location.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Tony
"Excellent!"
Awesome hotel! The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the service impeccable. The lobby, bars, and restaurants were classically elegant, with carved mahogany furniture and brass accents that had probably all been installed when the hotel was built in 1912: quality and well cared for. About the only part that wasn't stunning were the hallways the rooms were on: unattractive wallpaper and very dated carpet. Otherwise a beautiful hotel, though. Courtesy car takes you anywhere in the downtown area, and the porters, night-men, and desk agents are super helpful and friendly. We'll definitely go back!
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Hands down my best experience! From the staff to the room, everything could not have been better! Thanks Adolphus!
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Great place"
Beautiful as always. Great desserts in lobby bistro. They are in process of renovation so room furniture is placed oddly. Couldn't comfortably watch tv in bed. Be sure to ask when booking. $28 overnight parking a bit much.
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2015