All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
108 Chestnut StTorontoONM5G1R3Canada, ‏‎855-239-9478

Delicious food
    Comfortable
    Bad amenities
The folks were nice. There was a long wait for the elevators, even on weekend. Nice pool, but no whirlpool. Would stay again.
3 night business trip Apr 7, 2016
Jamie
"Perfect place for downtown TO visit"
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! I ended up extending my one night to two nights. The staff here were ALL friendly, accommodating and kept the awesome signature Doubletree cookies flowing. There was not a request that was not granted. They even allowed me to use the phone at the front desk to try to book a tour. Someone even came to knock on my door to ensure that I was up when I set a wake-up call and slept through it. Blocks away from shopping along Younge street and walking distance to the CN Tower etc. I loved it here. Will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2016
Nicole
"Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Toronto!"
Always stay here. It's clean, safe, and friendly. Location is perfect - near theater, museums, subway,China Town, great restaurants and a couple blocks from Eaton Center. Always excellent Customer Service. We visit 2-3 times a year and each time the staff always treats us like we're the most important guests they have!
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2016
donald
The best hotel experience ever. Like 6 elevators no waiting. Guest service staff was amazing great location right next to cineplex and varieties of food. Over all best hotel experience I have had.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2016
Emmanuel
A very busy business trip; hotel location relative to my business obligations, and access to taxis was excellent.
7 night business trip Mar 3, 2016
Great service
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2016
Brendan
"Disappointing stay"
When I stayed at the Toronto Downtown Hilton Doubletree in the past, I gave it a glowing review. Unfortunately, I can't do so this time. While the hotel itself is comfortable, clean and convenient and the restaurant is very good, their concern for their guests is lacking. I was awakened at 8 AM on Sunday morning by a man knocking loudly on my door. I did not open the door but asked what he wanted.He didn't say anything and walked away. I had a 'Do Not Disturb' tag on my door. I called the front desk and was told that he was there to set up for the guest who would be checking in later that day after I departed. Seriously??????? While the front desk clerk said that he was sorry that I was disturbed, he didn't sound overly concerned. Any hotel that has a policy of disturbing paying guests in the early morning for new guests arriving later that day is not a hotel where want to stay. I will not be back.
2 night trip Feb 5, 2016
Wonderful business/romantic stay with charming staff
2 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
Not Provided
"Great service, location and value!"
Went to Toronto for a quick weekend getaway. The front desk despite being busy I was checked in quickly and the guy helping me was very polite and professional (and I loved the cookie!). The room was a nice size, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is near great shopping, restaurants, and public areas. It's close to the Union Station where the Toronto Pearson airport express service arrives in only 25 mins.
2 night trip Jan 15, 2016
Not Provided
Loved having a restaurant in the hotel and the staff was very helpful.
Other trip Jan 16, 2016
"Outstanding staff. Delicious Breakfast."
Did a weekend getaway with wife and friends. The service was outstanding & friendly, parking was convenient, restaurant served delicious breakfast and we had an incredibly comfortable bed and pillows. Well done. Will stay again.
2 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2016
"Lovely hotel, shame about circumstances."
Samit was great a check-in. The parking was extremely tight to get round corners. The extractor fan made a noise like a 'fighter jet' as the repair man said who confirmed that it wouldn't blow up and was working. Housekeeping just let herself into the room to leave a leaflet. Samit was apologetic offered to change our room but as we had settled in we declined. Later we were offered a bottle of wine as an apology which was sent with a note which addressed me with the wrong title, Ms not Mr which I found quite offensive, the front desk staff were apologetic again. We were awoken the next morning by a loud fire alarm and voice over with absolutely no pre-warning, the staff were shocked that we had had the experience, informed us that it was a random inspection and so they didn't have time to warn guests but we were given a goody bag with some treats as an apology. It is within 1km of downtown. The hotel backs onto China town and is opposite a tower block (a man was stabbed a few blocks from where we had just been). I would not have paid the full price for this hotel after what we had endured and so I was glad to have gotten a deal through hotels.com.
3 night romance trip Jan 5, 2016
Ashley
"Just a Good Hotel With Room For Improvement"
The check in was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the free cookies though surprised no free tea or coffee. With the initial inspection of the room it was clean and was corner room with many windows providing lots of natural light. Also great view.We were pleased room contained refrigerator and safe and had practical closet with plenty of hangers on space saving rack. The heating system is easy to control with thermostat. Then some disappointments The bed sagged at the head side and was raised at foot though the matresss was right level of firmness. The bathroom is nice set up lighting and ventilation but it was not entirely cleaned with some dust. Also when towels were changed, the new ones were not clean. They had black and yellow blotches. The black looked like they had grease stains that never came out. Downstairs in the lobby they removed Christmas tree and the needles and remnants left behind were still there when we came in at 11 pm. the hotel lobby was dirty when we arrived with things on floor The hallway also had not been vacuumed The final issue on the last night I went to my car in garage and found what looked like plaster or paint debris on roof and back window. It might have come from garage ceiling. I had security look at it and will need some compensation from management. Considering the cost and the Doubletree brand I expected more. Was not as high quality as I expect and desire.
2 night romance trip Jan 7, 2016
"An amazing experience"
This was our second stay at Double Tree By Hilton Toronto and as usual, we loved it!
8 night romance trip Dec 24, 2015
Brandon
"A great getaway in the heart of the city."
We wanted to visit Toronto for a quick getaway and the Double Tree was the perfect pick for a place to stay. It is moments away from the Eaton center and great restaurants.
4 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
Ernest
"Hotel staff was the definition of hospitable"
During this stay, I was the needy guest that can make staff cringe and these employees were fantastic. I was greeted with the usual warm cookie upon check-in and given a great room with excellent wi-fi reception. During my stay, I developed flu symptoms. No problem. I told the staff I needed to stock up on my ingredients for a home remedy - the desk attendants (Yes, two people helped me.) One gave me directions to the closest 24 hour pharmacy and the second told me that not to buy some of the items because the hotel would provide them to me complimentary. Next, after trying unsuccessfully to find a bowl of chicken noodle soup at an eatery in the vicinity, the restaurant kitchen staff made me chicken noodle soup. And no, it's not on the menu. Even the cleaning staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I've traveled from California to Italy and it's rare to find staff this accommodating. As I received my warm cookie at check-in, the desk attendant looked me in my eye and said "Remember, at this hotel, we make it right." When she said it, I instinctively thought, Nice motto, but I doubt you'll live up to it. Well, the staff certainly took the motto seriously at this hotel. I will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Dec 23, 2015
Ret2Go
"Great business hotel"
Wonderful stay with great staff. Breakfast was reasonably priced and very good.
3 night business trip Dec 15, 2015
Neil
"One night in Toronto"
Staff was super friendly. Hot cookies were handed by reception with a smile from ear to ear. How nice it is to arrive and get such wonderful service. They were extremely good.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
Meyer
"Great location and price"
Nice hotel, walking distance to several attractions downtown. Location is the biggest selling point. It is a nice hotel, clean, rooms were up-to-date, wifi was good. The pool was decent, maybe a little small if there are more than a couple families there at the same time. The rooms were a bit small too, but it is one of the cheaper hotels, and if you are willing to spend a little more for a suite I'm sure it would be fine. We found the beds a little too soft, but that may be personal preference. I'd probably stay here again if it weren't for the parking ramp. Like many downtown Toronto ramps, it is small and tight, but this one is particularly unnerving. There was one night that I didn't drive out because I didn't want to deal with the ramp. I know it sounds a little crazy, but if you have a full size vehicle you'll understand what I mean. There also doesn't seem to be enough spots for the hotel and restaurants.
Other trip Dec 4, 2015
Art
"Great stay and very nice room"
Outstanding location with walking distance to Hockey Hall of Fame and the Air Canada Centre. Once we wedged our car into a parking space we didn't take it out again until we left.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Great hotel for a great price! Location is perfect to get all around the Toronto area. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
"Quick Business Trip"
Pretty good! Most convenient in terms of location! Surprisingly small bathroom, and the bed wasn't all that comfortable. But the staff was great...thanks for the welcome cookie!
2 night business trip Oct 9, 2015
Heidi R.
"Comfortable stay"
Very nice room but small. Small bathroom as well. Hotel lobby and some areas are under construction. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the warm chocolate chip cookies you get when you check in were delicious! We opted for the buffet breakfast, which at 23.00 per person was too expensive for what you got. VERY disappointing. Most of the trays were empty and refilling them took forever.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Very nice hotel in downtown Toronto"
Very nice hotel with a great location in downtown Toronto. Within walking distance of many great attractions in the area. Would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to friends and family!
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
Pros: Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Great location Cons: rooms were a bit small. Also room service cleaning lady decided to just barge in our room at 9am in the morning...without really knocking...and when check out is not until noon? weird!
1 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2015
"2015 October"
Decent hotel in a pretty good location
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2015
"Best hotel stay ever!"
This hotel was the best hotel I have ever stayed at! So many stores and food options around the area, right next to city hall, etc. The staff is so nice and friendly. They give you a nice warm cookie on your arrival. My girlfriend love it so much and so kindly the front desk lady gave us another one. The view from our room was also really nice. The hotel was so nice that you almost didn't even want to go out. Best hotel stay ever and definitely would check it out again!
2 night romance trip Oct 21, 2015
Christian
"Clean & Comfortable."
Service and location were awesome.
3 night trip Oct 17, 2015
Keith
"Great location, and excellent service"
Loved the location. Excellent service like all Doubletrees.
3 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
Justin
The hotel staff was very attentive! Service was excellent! Because of the location of the hotel, the underground parking was tricky. I would recommend you bring your smallest vehicle to fit in the parking garage.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
"Great hotel in the heart of everything."
Very nice rooms. Very clean. Walking distance to all Eaton Centre and lots of other shopping and restaurants. Great hotel bar. Lots of fun.
3 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Went for a solo get away. The staff, hotel and location was perfect. It was close to major shopping and subway within minutes. Had a few problems with my room, however it was handled quickly and professionally. The room was safe and hotel was clean. Would definitely recommend and stay again.
2 night trip Oct 15, 2015
Great location close to downtown, university, shopping--very convenient. Lines at check-in were long and slow-moving; they should have had more staff on the desk. The room was comfortable, if a bit on the small side, but it was well-appointed. The only real issue was how noise from the hall carried through the door. There was a large group staying on my floor that got up very early both mornings (5:30 or so), and their conversation in the hallway, combined with their room doors closing, woke me up and kept me up. Still, the Doubletree is a good choice for a centrally-located hotel that offers good value.
3 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
"Convenient but not cushy"
The Doubletree downtown is very conveniently located but the area itself is a bit dull. The rooms of the hotel were quite small given the price but it was clean and the service was good. Far more of an issue was the sound -- we heard a constant high-pitched tone throughout most of the stay and found that we could hear doors slamming open and shut around us all night -- so for sound-sensitive sleepers, you're best suited to find another place to stay.
3 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Doubletree downtown Toronto"
a 15minute walk to everywhere. We stayed here to walk to Rogers Centre to watch the Blue Jays play and then walked down to the hockey Hall of Fame. Very near the entertainment district with plenty of choices for food and pubs. Great location
1 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2015
"Beware...a King could be a Queen bed"
Booked a King bed, got a Queen bed. My reservation even stated "King Bed" on the confirmation. I chose this hotel for that reason, and could have stayed closer to my destination for less in a Queen bed. Upon checking-in, I reported the disappointment to the front desk via their "make it right" policy. The front desk insisted it was a King room, and insisted it was a King bed with no offer to give me a different room, or even to send someone up to see the bed. It was late, I was tired and it wasn't worth marching back down to the lobby or continuing to argue. It left me feeling ripped off and treated as though I was lying about the bed size. Nonetheless, this is a very nice, comfortable hotel. Location is tucked away, off the main streets, but very accessible to everything in Toronto. Just a couple of blocks to Eaton Center. The housekeeping staff was so kind, always wished me a good day each morning.
4 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
Merrilee
"Downtown Toronto near everything"
Good Location, Central to most of the sights we visited. Nice room, Beds were comfortable. View was okay. Windows were partially fogged in. Elevators were fast. Lobby was nice. Bathroom was in good shape. Fairly quiet. Not much street traffic. Neighbors kept slamming their door. Can hear noise from the hallway a little to easily.
4 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Sheldon
The hotel was very nice but getting to it was a challenge with all of the foot traffic! The parking garage is difficult to figure out. Maybe let people know at check in about the hairpin turn, we ended up back out on the street our first try. Staff was excellent!
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Kimberly
"Mostly a great experience"
Excellent room, great location, nice views. Accommodating staff. They were wonderful for the most part. Hilton has the slogan, we will make it right." This was true when I had the worst breakfast in the restaurant, the waiter spilled a pot of coffee at the next table which splashed on me, I wasnt charged, but the hotel buffet was deplorable. I had roomservice my first two mornings and it was so much better and cheaper than the rotten buffet! Also, I attempted to print out my boarding ticket in the business center. After spending a lot of time on the process, the printer wasn't responding. The front desk clerk came over and said, "sometimes this computer prints other days it is the other computer. Maybe try again on that ine," Unfortunately, the airline website wouldnt allow me to attempt to print the ticket from another computer so I had to wait until I got top the airport.
3 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
H Ray
"Nice hotel, terrible elevators"
Overall we had a nice 2 night stay. The location is excellent, right in downtown and near a subway station (within a couple blocks). The hotel was unusually packed for Labor Day, but the concierge and front desk were very friendly and helpful. We hit a slight snag on the room though, there were small stains on the duvet cover (the inside part that you'd sleep under) and the fitted sheet. Called front desk and they reported it promptly, but took housekeeping 1.5 hours to remedy it. It seemed like the housekeeping was just swamped though, so it was understandable and they were apologetic and friendly throughout. Other than that, the room was spotless. The only really negative thing about the hotel is its elevators. It needs to be reprogrammed for efficiency. Each time we waited 3-10 minutes for an elevator and most weren't even moving and/or a floor just above or below! It was actually faster to take the stairs down from the 11th floor than waiting for the elevator after it'd been called for several minutes...pathetic.
2 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Tina
"Birthday weekend"
Stayed the weekend to celebrate my birthday. Loved the location! Everything was walking distance from our hotel! All the staff we encountered were super friendly. Will definitely be staying here again.
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Mayra
"Labor Day Getaway"
We stayed at the DoubleTree over the Labor Day weekend and were very pleased. The warm cookies upon arrival was a lovely touch, reception staff was helpful and courteous. The room was clean and well appointed, we had a great view of the CN tower. The bed was clean and super comfortable and housekeeping staff kept our room spotless everyday. We were able to walk to Eaton Centre and Dundas Square, AGO, Chinatown, ramen shops on Baldwin street, Uncle Tetsu's cheesecake shops and the hotel was right in between 2 subway stations, in addition to street car lines. ROM, Ripley's Aquarium and CN Tower were all 3-4 stops away. Amazing location all in all, will definitely return.
3 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
"Great place for a family trip"
We booked two adjoining double rooms for our family of 6, 2 adults and 4 kids ages 10-15. Great location in downtown Toronto, friendly staff, rooms were comfortable, and the breakfast package was a nice way to start the day. We were able to walk to the Blue Jays game, CN Tower, Aquarium, Hockey Hall of Fame, and just explore the city. We parked across the street in the public parking garage, the DT parking garage is very tight, also across the street it was $25 per night, while the DT was $29. The warm cookies were a nice treat for the kids. We would definitely stay again.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
elizabeth
"Good stay for the price"
Convenient place to stay to visit the University. Only stayed one night arriving late and leaving early. Staff was friendly and professional. Room service was good.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
Anthony
"Centrally located nice hotel"
The Double Tree Hotel is centrally located just a few walking minutes away from St. Patricks subway station on the corner of Dundas and University. Our room was modern, clean, good mattress, bathroom was fine, updated, nothing to complain. The cookie upon checking in was a nice gesture as well as the naturally lime and orange infused water for guests in the lobby. Staff was overall friendly. WiFi connection, unfortunately, was very spotty, more off than on, on all our devices. One suggestion to management: Staff should be trained to know the different options of how to get from Pearson Int airport to the hotel. For me this was my very first time in the great city of Toronto. When I called the hotel to inquire about this the only options given to me were taxi and the new Express train, both expensive. I wanted to use the less costly subway/bus/streetcar system, but the concierge I talked to had no idea, put me on hold, never came back. Finally I hung up and figured it out on my own. Anways, here it is: Take the 192 Bus from either Terminal to Kippling (the bus ends here). Take Subway 2 eastbound to St George station, switch to to Subway 1 southbound to St Patrick. Walk a couple of minutes along Dundas and turn into Chestnut where the hotel is. Real easy. Any hotel employe should know this by heart. Other than that we had a very good stay.
2 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
"Comfortable and Clean"
Every thing was as represented in the Expedia ad. Had a good meal after a long day out. Staff warm , friendly with attention to detail!
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
"outstanding"
the hotel was about a ten minute or less walk from the MegaBus station, and downtown- great location, beautiful hotel, and great staff. Once your outside restaurants are everywhere. I am won over by how nice everyone was, and how great our stay was- and the cookies didn't hurt either.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
cookiebarr
"Perfect location, Fantastic service!"
I had a great stay at the Double Tree Toronto. The service was excellent, even when they knew it falling a little they went out of their way to make it right. The care line is quick and convenient, they delivered items straight away! And the room service always arrived before the time given. The only things I would like to mention, which aren't bad and might be a new policy that I don't know about would be, there were no robes and slippers (which I think is just a nice gesture especially if the hotel features a pool) also the mini fridge was not stocked.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
ToTo
"Summer get away in Toronto"
Just enjoyed the entire weekend in Toronto and it all started with where we stayed. The Double Tree by Hilton is a clean, modern and very well run hotel, it made "coming back to the hotel" something to enjoy rather than just a place to sleep. I will seriously consider going back to it when we return to Toronto, next time.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Wonderful stay @ Doubletree.
4 night family trip Aug 24, 2015