All hotels in Blackwood, New Jersey, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here832 N Black Horse Pike, Blackwood, NJ, 08012, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"Everything as advertized"
Clean, comfortable, reasonable,and quiet.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
E.W. Chappell
"Not in a good area! Rooms are filthy!"
Horrible room...not clean and extremely uncomfortable beds. Air conditioner was not working well!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
andrea
"Very nice place"
My fiancé and I only stayed one night when we took a trip to Philly. We loved the place. All the staff we interacted with were very friendly. The room itself was clean and we'll kept. I didn't give it five stars mostly just because the complimentary breakfast wasn't the best. They had a waffle maker, some pastries, toast and cereal. But it was free
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Our room wasn't cleaned our first day there. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off in a few places and there were cobwebs above the beds. The pool closed too early, so we couldn't use it much. The breakfast was not too bad though. Wish I had known I would have to pay a $5 toll every time we went into Philadelphia--I might have stayed somewhere else.
4 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"Convenient stop over"
Could not fault anything at this hotel.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Jimbo
"Nice place for Lovers"
Check in was no problem. We did arrive about an early and the room was ready. The jacuzzi tub was a nice addition and did appear to be clean. But we found, after filling it up, brown bubbles floating around in the water which was a complete turn off and we didn't even bother to get in. The rooms were very quiet and did appear to be rather sound proof from the neighbors! Nice for those who like some adult playtime.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Good location close to major transit routes."
Last minute reservation and was pleasantly surprised.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Ken
"Horrible"
Checkd out adter one night...room was dirty, bathtub, sink was dirty...room smelled and mattresses were wrapped in rubber...protecting us from Mattress or mattress from us?
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Adam
"Dirty"
The hotel was disgusting and dirty, the smell that this place had doesn't have words to describe it. Horrible place, I would never stay in a Howard Johnson again, waste of money, the worst of they didn't give a receipt . Howard Johnson should bankruptcy with that kind of service
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
"Amazing"
Wow amazing walked into my room and bam there was a huge tub ;) took two bubble baths was a total surprise ;) everyone was nice room was clean over all totally loved it ;) go to pats for a philly cheese steak they are great ;)
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2014
Rebecca
"our stay was nice"
when we went into the room there were little nats flying around and the room had a odor I went and brought Lysol n febreeze to elimate the odor. We left the room late. Housekeeping did not comeback to make up my bed or leave me fresh towels I had to go to the front desk. and they had only 1 wash cloth left, but gave me hand towel.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Great customer service and friendly staff. Clean room and amenities are awesome for the price!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
sue
"LOVED IT"
loved my stay wish it was longer thanks for the wonderful rooms
2 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Never stay here again"
Was not happy with my 2 rooms
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Janice Nishimura
"smelly room"
The rooms had a strange odor. Staff in the AM was rude during breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
asdfkjl
"Nice continental breakfast. Pool and gym."
Nice place. Clean, close to Philly, and affordable.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
Tangerine
"Good Value and Comfortable Room"
Chose this hotel for its close proximity to Gloucester County. The room was much bigger than I expected. I especially liked the room's A/C that allowed running the fan on high to block out noise even though the neighbors were not noisy.
2 night business trip May 31, 2014
"Comfortable Road-Side Stopover"
Hotel met expectations in all respects except one. During breakfast, lobby television was way too loud. Desk lady said it needed to be loud enough for patrons to hear, even though none of the 6 present were watching. Only person watching was desk lady, who was far from TV.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2014
"Nice motel"
Everything meets our expectation with a reasonable price.
Other trip May 31, 2014
yz
"Fine service, hotel was better than expected."
My wife and I were very satisfied with our stay! We found the staff helpful and the facility surpassed our expectations. Would like to see peanut butter on the breakfast bar however! Thanks for a great stay!
1 night trip May 23, 2014
L & M J
"A nice hotel for $90"
My brother and I stayed here on a recent weekend trip to Philly. For $90, it was everything we expected. We just needed a place to sleep on a Saturday night and a warm shower in the morning, and that's exactly what we got. There was a pool which looked nice. Staff was helpful and prompt. I would stay here again if I needed to. Only thing is it's about a 8-10 mile drive from downtown Philly. At least it is right off the highway.
1 night trip with friends May 17, 2014
"It was convenient to Rowan University"
We had a few issues. First the key would not open the door. The next room had a strong cigarette smell. The office fixed the problem after I showed them my paperwork that I ordered a non smoking room.
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Place was okay..."
Was an okay place to stay for one night. Needs some updating, very dated.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
JP
"really cute"
really cute hotel. Every thing was great.
2 night business trip May 5, 2014
Alissa
"just one overnight while traveling"
room was huge. Loved it. Bathroom was biggest I have ever seen. Not real clean and smelled of cigarettes. it was a non smoking room. I would stay again due to value and location
Other trip May 10, 2014
Diana
"All the essentials and more for a low price"
We stayed three nights and in that time heard only one single noise not made by ourselves. The room had a huge bathroom with a tub that looked more like a deep wading pool suitable for several children. There was also a separate shower. Flat screen TV, hair dryer, coffee maker, iron and ironing board,microwave,refrigerator with a tiny freezer compartment, Luggage rack, table, two chairs, king bed, four pillows, radio/alarm clock, in-room safe, hanging space, good working heat/ac unit, personal balcony with two chairs with a view of the seasonal pool (because the pool is centered in the middle of the units which are set up in a horseshoe pattern around it, all the units face parking and have a back balcony overlooking the pool area). One of three(?) ice machines was broken and looked like it had been for awhile. There are soda machines but try to save your money... the complimentary continental breakfast is good! And there is a Wawa right across the parking lot. Our room was on the third floor (I had thought there only two or I would have requested in advance something else) and the elevator seemed more trouble than the steps so even with a blind husband and luggage, we used the steps as they were not high, difficult ones. We enjoyed our stay. What we got for out money was great! .
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Good enough for the night"
Bathroom not really clean and wish I could've used jacuzzi of it wax clean
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Nice room"
Very nice room for the price. Spent one night for business. Was just what I needed.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
scott
"Howard Johnson - Blackwood"
Hotel was clean. Non smoking room still hinted of cigarette smoke. Decor seemed old and needing of an upgrade. Location was great for my trip destination and easily accessible off route 168.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Not a clean hotel, and not updated."
Dirty, holes in the bathroom wall, not updated, smelled. Continental breakfast was terrible.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Blackwood Howard Johnsons"
This COULD be a very nice hotel. Three buildings with pool in the middle, which looked nice. BUT the entire building and rooms need an update badly.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
ila
"I don't even know what to say"
The room was clean for what it was. Personally I found the room a little scary because it seemed ancient and had an interesting scent that my friend said was the smell of our ancestors. Lol it had chain locks. And when the sun came up you could see that moths had eaten the other side of the curtains. The sun shined through the dark room through the moth eaten holes like bulletholes. It was just not my favorite. I won't stay there again. But I love Mike from the front desk. Hes so sweet.
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2014
"Don't do it!!!!"
It was a mix up with my reservation. The hotel staff member Mack blamed it on Expedia. The room wasn't available, all he had was a smoking room. I told him that wasn't what I reserved, that I must get a non smoking room. He informed me that it was really up to the discretion of the hotel to put me in the room of their choice. I wasn't going for that. That I would call Expedia and Howard Johnson. He then began "searching" the computer. He "found" another room( he earlier stated that they Were sold out). It was a king. On first glance it was clean. Only later to find a pair of women panties in the corner. The carpet at the entrance of the bathroom was wet. The whirlpool tub was dirty. It looked like they had alot of long term guest who lived there. The property was treated like an apartment complex. I will never stay here again.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Shocked"
I stay in many "dive" hotels and when i walked into my room here I was actually shocked. The room was massive with a huge bathroom and bath tub that may as well been a hot tub. The price was right and for the brief period I was there the neighborhood didn't seem like somewhere I was uncomfortable.
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2014
"Needs to be updated."
Not worth the price. Outdated and smells like smoke. The Manager was very friendly.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2014
"Overall nice hotel for the price"
Staff was very helpful and nice. The room wasn't the most modern, but you get what you pay for. The bathroom was huge! The biggest I've seen in a hotel.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Nicole
Elevators were not working. Some not in service at all..some go up but not down.
4 night trip Mar 9, 2014
"You Get What You Pay For"
The front girl check-in was very professional and polite. I was traveling with my daughter and she was absolutely terrified of the staircases. They were like 100 year old parking garages in the city. I could feel the ice cold air rushing in around the door. The place looks like it hasnt been upgraded with new furniture or linens since the 70's. All that being said, we just needed a bed and it was fine for that. Had I been by myself it would have been better. She was creeped out about it being a motel but that's not their fault.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
Todd
"Love the tub"
Went because of the jetted tub. Nice size room. Good location. Plenty of places to eat and drink.
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2014
"Mom's night out"
The room was nice, comfortable and clean. The jacuzzi needs to be updated, otherwise, everything was fine.
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2014
Tiffany
During the week this is a good cheap deal. Just a room an free WiFi on the weekend it turned to party town and the folks there made noise all night. Not a place my wife would stay but as a guy I can deal with it. Mall with dozens of places to eat is 1 more mile away.
4 night business trip Feb 19, 2014
richard
We had an overall horrible experience. From loud noises all night, to no working television, and very poor internet quality. Also, the rooms were in drastic need of updating.We will think twice before booking with this hotel again.
2 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"No Cable TV"
At check in I was told there was no cable service to the room and was not asked if a different room or a Discount for the lack of tv service.
2 night trip Feb 3, 2014
James Miller
"Decent Budget Hotel"
Howard Johnson was a decent hotel with a good bed for the price. My room had a Jacuzzi in it and I used it. I would go back.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
Abigail
"nice stay, nice hotel"
The hotel was nice, a bit old but still kept up. There was a large double tub in the room we stayed it and was amazing. We were in town to see the 76ers play and the hotel was only 12 minutes away. Will stay here again for sure.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2014
chase
"Love the tub"
First time staying there. Very clean, great location. Love the Jacuzzi tub!
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2014
"Okay close to Rte. 42"
We found it a good place and priced right, also close to a WAWA store which was great for convenience..
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2013
Deano
"nice basic hotel"
The night staff was very pleasant And the continental breakfast was delicious. Rooms were quiet, the bathroom was huge, the beds were very comfy. The morning cashier was slightly abrupt but still helpful
Other trip Dec 19, 2013
Google Maps didn't give good directions to this hotel; so, I had to get lucky to find it at 1AM in the dark. Even when I was 1/2 mile from it, coming from the highway I was on, it was tricky to find. Get onto Blackhorse Pike to find this hotel. I was amazed to find how nice the room was and it had a large full service WaWa within two hundred feet with low gasoline prices.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2013
eld
"Good place for quick romantic getaway"
See u soon