All hotels in Santa Barbara, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here901 E Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara, CA, 93103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Older hotel only stayed 1 night. Very large room and great bed. Needs a little update. 15 min walk to the pier.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2013
jenny
"Helpful, friendly staff"
My sister and I went for a last minute getaway before her wedding next month. The room was clean and spacious. The staff was very helpful with great restaurant recommendations. They even gave us a free appetizer card for one of the restaurants. Would definitely stay here again. Thank you.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
I wish I had know that they are getting ready to close in 3 months to renovate the hotel. Although it was clean, several things made the hotel look run-down.The sheer drape covering the bedroom sliding glass door was ripped right in the center, wall paper was peeling off, the bathroom sink counter was held up with an unpainted piece of wood and the carpeting was soiled. I felt I should not have paid full price for the room. The hotel is located next to a private apartment complex and was awakened at 1:00 am by a screaming child whose mother didn't seem to be taking care of. We almost called the police. The continental breakfast was great and the staff very accommodating, polite and professional which made the stay very pleasant.
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2013
Lynn V.
"Great Location and Service -- OK Room"
You are paying for the location. The room was spacious and comfortable (bed was comfortable too) with a great balcony and view of the ocean. Nonetheless, the carpet was stained and in need of a deep deep cleaning or replacement. It didn't exactly feel unclean, just stained and a little off-putting. The staff was wonderful, young, enthusiastic and very accommodating. All in all, I would definitely stay here again because of the service and location.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2013
"Wonderful spot for a quick weekend trip"
Excellent amenities and a friendly staff at a fantastic location. This hotel is near all of the great restaurants and attractions, but away from the major pedestrian and automobile traffic. Easy to get in to and out of from the street and the valet parking is great, at a reasonable price. Clean, comfortable rooms. I will definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
C White
"Great location but just medicore hotel"
The location was great but the hotel was just okay and for the price I thought it would be a lot nicer. It was old and the rooms were kind of small- espeically the bathroom. The hotel staff was not super friendly or overly helpful unless you asked for somethig specific they didn't give a very good overview. My hotel experience was marginal at best.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"Older hotel but awesome location!"
Great spot right across from beach-literally across the street. Hotel a little older in decoration but comfy bed with continental breakfast and nice staff. Would definitely stay again!
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"Had a great experience!"
Great location across from a quiet beach! We loved our room, very spacious and comfortable! A great place to come back to every day. No complaints.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Dori
"Nice hotel across from the Beach"
Extremely friendly and knowledgable staff. Gave us information on where locals eat. Enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
"Alright..."
The stay was alright. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the location by the ocean great, however rooms with an ocean view must hear all the traffic going by as the hotel is not directly on the ocean. My biggest complaint has to be the carpet in the room. They desparately need changing as they are dirty! I did not like walking around barefoot in my room. Also, I parked on the street as they only had valet parking at a charge. I hate valeting and always prefer to self-park. A bit pricey for the conditon of the hotel, albeit the gym pass to a local fitness club was definitely an added benefit, and I made use of it! Don't think I'd stay here again, unless they did some renos. Please change those carpets!
5 night family trip Jun 6, 2013
Al
"Nice ocean facing location with resonable pricing!"
Friendly and helpful desk staff! REALLY Nice location! across from SB Pier. Clean rooms (except for some carpet stains in two out of three different rooms during three separate stays there). Housekeeping knocked on door 8:30 am on a Sunday and Saturday on two separate stays there (even with "Do NOT disturb" signs on outside door handle?). Room wasn't ready at check in time and had to wait over an hour. Locked adjoining doors to rooms don't make it that private noise wise. Would stay there again, but now I see why they are rated a 3 star hotel. Also, no restaurant on premises ( I heard they will be changing that soon).
2 night romance trip May 31, 2013
m.weitz
"Great little place"
Great location and the staff was very nice. The only thing I did not understand was the Valet Parking which you had to pay $7 for. No hotel should make you pay for parking, in my opinion.
2 night trip May 31, 2013
"A lovely respite"
It was our tenth anniversary so we decided to return to the town where we first went to together. We've stayed at the Santa Barbara Inn several times before, but always got a room in the back with no view. We had always gone on weekends before. We were delightlfully surprised on this visit, which was during the middle of the week, to receive a lovely room with a balcony facing the ocean. Now, we live in Santa Monica where we live at the beach in a condo facing the ocean with it's own balcony. However, the water in Santa Barbara has an entirely different feel than home. Seeing the lazy little boats anchored here and there, just bobbing gently in the water is a total change from the sometimes rough ocean at home. Santa Barbara is such a sweet little community, and we never tire of it's charming beauty. The room at the hotel was the icing on the cake. From now on we will only come during the week when we can receive such lovely accommodations at the same rate as the back of the hotel.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
Elaine
"Nice boutique hotel;Palm and ocean view;nice decor"
First impression not great but everything else was perfect; beautiful clean room with view of ocean and Palms; the staff was really nice and the complimentary tea, coffee, chocolate and fruit in the lobby was convenient and a nice touch to the welcoming atmosphere. if you like an 'elegant small hotel vintage feel' this is the place for you. My husband and I are definitely going back.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
E and E
"convenient"
Very Nice
2 night trip Jun 6, 2013
"Nice hotel, walking distance to the beach"
Nice room. Front desk personnel was very helpful giving us info. regarding restaurants.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
Olga
awesome hotel and great staff..!!
1 night family trip May 31, 2013
"summer holiday"
Excellent service, relaxing location. Staff very helpful. Will return to this hotel!
1 night trip May 19, 2013
C.Priest
"Great value, can't beat the location"
We stayed two nights. Everyone who works at this hotel is super nice and friendly. We were "upgraded" to an ocean view room but it was one of the only rooms that shared a balcony with another room so that was kind of awkward. Still, ocean view is nice. Room was clean and comfortable. A little outdated, yes, but still nice. The continental breakfast was not good unless you don't mind eating carbs. The location is fabulous- right across the street from the beach. This was our second time staying here and I will come back.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Cori
"roadtrip escape"
we had a wonderful time and have returned here many times
2 night trip May 28, 2013
"We picked the BEST place to stay"
My husband and I were in town for a wedding and I was wanting someplace to stay that was nice, but not overpriced, close to the beach, and comfortable and clean. When I picked Santa Barbara Inn, we really hit the jackpot. The staff was amazing- they were kind enough to upgrade me to a room with a view and they were very accomodating. I woke up to the beach and could hear the waves at night. The breakfast was great and afterward, I would take some coffee and walk across the street to take a stroll on the beach! I loved that the hotel was a short walk to state street but not too close so you still felt like you had fresh air. Overall, loved this hotel. Would stay here again!
3 night trip May 23, 2013
Meg
"Tired but clean and friendly"
The hotel decor, more so in the room than the corridor, was very tired, especially the bathroom, but was clean and well looked after, although it smelt a little musty. The room looked over a small but quiet carpark at the back - not a place to sit on your balcony. I found the bed very comfortable. I understand the hotel is having massive renovations starting in October. The breakfast was very ordinary. I feel they should do better than paper cups, cardboard plates and plastic cutlery. The staff were lovely, very helpful. We would love to spend more time in Santa Barbara next time we visit, but perhaps in a hotel closer to the centre. The cab fares to get to a restaurant and back were quite hefty. If you want the beach though, you can't beat the position.
Other trip May 23, 2013
Frances
"Beautiful Sunrise/sunsets"
The personnel were all verry polite & professional in welcoming our stay there. Walking to the pier & restaurants was close & even the surrounding area was clean and very maintained. Santa Barbara has always been a very beautiful place to visit and feel comfortable & relaxed. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip May 20, 2013
Jo Ann
"Beautiful beach"
My Hubby and I went to Santa Barbara for my birthday. Had a great time.The Hotel Staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean and comfortable hotel. Right accross the street from the beach. Nice bike path, beautiful clean beach and on Sunday a Art show along the bike path. The room had street noise but at night the traffic slows down, but this won't stop us from coming back. Easy to get to off the freeway and about a 1.5 mile to State St., but check out the neighbor hood around the hotel for good places to eat too.
2 night trip May 18, 2013
Beth
"Great staff!"
The staff were wonderful - front desk, maids, valet. Very attentive and informative. The balconies, though lovely, are not secure, so you can't sleep with your sliding door open. (Guests in other rooms have free (if you're in an interior corner room) or nearly free (all other rooms) access to your balcony.) The facility is in need of a makeover. The carpet in our room was worn and dirty. The awnings were tattered. The paint on the exterior window sills was cracked and peeling. Insufficient outlets in our room for our needs with all the electronics we travel with. Bedside lighting is not sleeper friendly - you need to get out of bed and fumble with a turning switch up near the lightbulb. All this said, we'd likely stay again if we visit for pleasure. We'll find another hotel if we need business services.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
"Great value for the area"
Nice hotel only a mile away from downtown Santa Barbara; a bit dated but spacious and very comfortable bed. Continental breakfast was also nice with a good selection of breads, muffins and fruit. Would definitely come back.
2 night romance trip May 10, 2013
Miguel
"Weekend getaway"
The Santa Barbara Inn was a wonderful hotel for our weekend getaway. Just a 20min walk to State Street and wine tasting!! We will definetly be staying here again next time we come up :)
Other trip May 14, 2013
"Santa Barbara Inn needs upgrade"
Very good location right on ocean but the inn needs upgrade and renovation - also the breakfast place could be converted into a medium service restaurant.
2 night trip May 9, 2013
Chander
"Needs Upgrades"
Good experience and good location. The hotel needs ugrading. A little noisy due to louvered windows.
Other trip May 6, 2013
"Good recommendation"
We had a maintenace issue and the hotel graciously offered to upgrade us to the Penthouse Suite. That impressed us!
Other trip May 6, 2013
"comfortable /good location"
only a one night stay but a very nice place .. quiet ... nice breakfast... comfortable room a good location ... a bit away from all the congestion closer to the warf...
Other trip Apr 27, 2013
"Not worth the price for an old, unattractive hotel"
Didn't notice at time of reservation that parking is not free (another $7/day). For $176/day before taxes, I was expecting/hoping for something nice. Was not impressed at all when I first saw the front. I thought I got the wrong address. Once inside was totally disappointed. This hotel was built in 1960 and looks like it was never remodeled since. Dirty old walls, carpets, unprofessional paint touch-up, caulking everywhere. This place is not worthy of $100/day. We didn't even want to go back to the hotel until late at night just to sleep. This hotel is in a good location and has the potential to be nice, but it needs a total update / remodeling, not cheap, unprofessional fix-ups.
Other trip Apr 19, 2013
"Great find in Santa Barbara"
The hotel was very clean with huge rooms and a nice balcony with a table and chairs to sit out on in the morning. There was always various types of coffee and tea hot and ready to go all the time in the lobby. On Friday evening they have a nice wine and cheese party in the lobby. Breakfast is included in a beautiful setting with a great view of the ocean. The staff was very courteous and helpful. You can have valet parking for just $7 per day...what a deal! I would stay there again. Little tip for guest. Ask for the 2nd floor because the view of the beach is unabstructed from any vegetation like palm trees.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
Sheila
"Our stay"
When we first got there we booked a standard room and it was ok. The only downside was that it didn't have a full bathroom and the sheets were not completely clean. Unfortunately they didn't have any other room available so we can move. They only came to change the covers. The next day we upgraded to a ocean view room and it was amazing. Much more clean,full bathroom, more room and obiviously a great view. I recommend to to pay a little more for an ocean view room it's much nicer!
Evelyn
"Nice, comfy."
Valet parking only, charging daily. Wasn't sure if I had to tip each and every time I needed my car. No complaints. Enjoyed listening to the waves all night. Road noise quieted down around 10 pm. Will stay again.
"Wedding anniversary weekend"
Staff were very nice and attentive. The car valets were very polite and helpful with directions. The hotel has a continental breakfast each morning and coffee for late arrivals all night. We had a room with a view of the ocean and the hotel pool...very nice. The hallway to our room was beautifully lined with decorations of plants and tapestry. The ceiling exhaust fan in the bathroom was very noisy and extremely noticeable when making an early morning bathroom call for someone sleeping. There were two bath robes in the closet with the hotel logo on it....nice, but one robe had a severe tear from excessive wear and could not be used. Although the room felt safe, the manual latch above the dead bolt lock had a missing screw and the other two were loose making it seem as if the door could be easily comprised by an intruder.
Tony
"Close to the ocean."
Conveniently located and reasonably priced. Lacks air conditioning though.
Other trip Apr 12, 2013
Kendra
"Spacious but no A/C"
When we arrive in the room, the heating was on although it was >20C outside. However we never found the AC. Staff did not recommend a rollover bed because of lack of space a fire egress regulation of California state. Weird since we had rollover bads on other californian hotels and much narrow rooms. So called heated had only a small portion heated.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2013
"Elegance With A Few Glitches"
This is an old, elegant hotel with a European feel, across from the beach in a great location. Very relaxing to stay here. The hotel is going to be renovated soon and so some things look old and ready to go, like the bathroom - toilet, shower and fixtures, but none the less clean. However, towels are stiff and scratchy, and continental breakfast is not too good. Baked goods tasted stale. Those things could be fixed right now, to make the stay even more pleasant. But, overall, our stay was very pleasant and staff was attentive.
Other trip Apr 11, 2013
"Very comfortable bed!"
The hotel is nice, no bar, but directly across from the ocean. It's a nice walk to the pier. Front desk was very helpful, as were the valet (only $7/night parking). The continental breakfast is located in a beach-facing dining hall with spectacular views. The only drawback was the bathroom in my room looked like it could use some work (wallpaper coming down, cracks in ceiling directly above shower and some grout was missing near the door - all cosmetic).
2 night trip Apr 5, 2013
"Will stay there again"
We've returned to this hotel twice now because of the courteous service, beautiful location and comfortable rooms. Not completely new, but well kept.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
Cheryl
Usually we have a bath in our room. This room only had a shower... That was the only downside. We love this hotel. Excellent service, cleanliness, location, and breakfast.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
Cheryl
"Great Staff Great Inn"
We Love this Inn. Perfect girls getaway the staff is so kind and do helpful their Customer Service is so great! My daughter and I stayed this week and loved our stay! We will be back!
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2013
Kari
"Southern California"
Was as describe bed very comfortable, nice view when eating breakfast..
Family trip Apr 8, 2013
G
Everything was great but for the price expected better breakfast options and service. They would periodically run out of various items too. But hey, the place sitting on the beautiful SB waterfront, within walking distance to downtown (but far enough from the crowds and noise), probably humble breakfast can be forgiven.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
serge
"GREAT SERVICE"
AMAZING SERVICE . STAFF ARE VERY NICE AND QUICK SMILE WITH EVERY ANSWER
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"Great family vacation spot"
Very family friendly! Fabulous location - great view!
Other trip Apr 4, 2013
It was relaxing... :)
2 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2013
"Great ocean view"
The pictures definitely sold us on this location but the room was old and a bit smelly. The service here is amazing! Everyone is friendly and always greets you. Tip: you have to pay to park because chances are if u come back to the hotel after 5 there's no street parking. Overall the room was just ok and I felt we overpaid
4 night romance trip Mar 25, 2013
"Bad decision"
Elevator was broken the whole time we were there and we stay at the 3rd floor...room is pretty old and sheets looked like its not washed..not comfy and itchy!!
Other trip Mar 29, 2013