All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
8701 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33154, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
    2.8
    2.8
    2.4
"beach front property"
Hotel was right on the beach, overlooking crystal clear waters. Hotel is an older hotel could do with an upgrade in certain areas of hotel. I was happy with my room and convenience of the beach was a plus. Would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2014
Christine
"Was not very nice,"
If your going there to just sleep it's fine, but kind of run down, and needing remodeled soon. Not what I expected for what I paid. The beach is really nice it's located on.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Jim s.
"Decent for the area and price, horrible security."
Hotel was overall fairly decent. I think for being a Howard Johnson's the brand would have decided to renovate and improve due to location and tourists. The lobby smelled like sweaty underarms at all times of the day. The day time clerk at check in offered parking at the lot directly to the side of the hotel for a $13 a day fee. I said great. I went out to dinner and there was no parking. More then have of the cars parked in the lot did not have the paid parking sticker. Their rental security suggested across the street (very rudely). My guests and I looked across the street and it was barely lit and looked unsafe. I mentioned how I was told I could park in the lot attached to the hotel and he said, with more attitude "You can park there". I spoke to the night clerk and he said all parking is first come first serve. The security was beyond rude and made us feel uncomfortable. I complained and got our refunds for parking. The day clerk lied and said I could park next door. He never mentioned if it was full across the street was an option. Then with the security guard being so rude and unprofessional we decided to not stay the extra night and also for a refund for the second day. I do not plan to stay at this location ever again. Plus at $240 a night, even worse.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Sidney
Hotel service is bad I ask for few towels and never got it breakfast is not include and is to es pensive
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2014
carlos
"Bad Staff"
The hotel was ok overall, but what killed it for me was the front desk staff and the pool equipment rental guy, bad attitudes and no professionalism at all. Two thumbs down for them and too bad as the property has a lot of potential
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2014
Mario
I was actually thinking it was gonna be awful considering how cheap it was , it turned out to be very great . Thank you miss Gloria , ( get your own business) was our key words lol ( private joke ) and aleni front desk clerk was very helpful and polite , I will be back . Love u miis Gloria
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Reasonable room rate and centrally located."
Good breakfast and excellent ocean view from the room.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
Mari, Pao & Al
Next room people were loud and nobody was there to stop ... Could'nt even sleep all night
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"Bad customer service and not clean"
Water would go from hot to cold in a second. Not clean and horrible service.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
The restaurant front dest and pool was great. The only I will change is the bed are toooo small FULL when online is listed as QUEEN
2 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
Yosjani vallejo
Perfect location for my grandson and my kids.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Its nice place and clean ."
Its located nice part and not to far to go beach and the wakers are so nice
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Watch for hidden fees"
Decent hotel but watch for extra fees they do not tell you about 12 a day for resort fee 13 a day for parking They also charge a tax on the resort fee and parking fee
2 night trip Mar 25, 2014
"Hojo"
Gorgeous location! Rooms were clean. Staff did not answer phones and building needs maintenance, but was good for our needs and price.
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
Mandy
"Extremely far from south beach. Little comfort"
Wifi sucks. NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. Room smelled of bleach with dirty sheets. Very dated hotel. Find somewhere else to stay unless you're stuck in the 70s. $3.75 can of soda
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
Spring Breaker
"Cheap price and location only positives"
The only positives of my stay were the price and the location. They even charged to park at the hotel. The building needs a huge renovation. It looks like it is stuck in the 70's. No wifi, no indoor pool, and no fans in the bathroom. The T.V. even would cut in and out. If your on a budget it's ok but I wouldn't recommend it.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
manuel
"At least was Miami"
This is an very old building with problems on the water, elevator, swimpool, too far from South Beach.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
Tiago
"Close to the beach and everything else"
Loved the hotel. Could use some upgrade though. And cleaning staff not too nice
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
ROOMS WERE TOO SMALL FOR THE PRICE. NO CARPET, BEDS SMALL, TOILETS NEED UPGRADE AND SHOWER. EXPECTED BETTER FOR $183.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Aleisa Allen
"o.k. hotel right on the beach"
no luxurious hotel ,simple on the beach good pool area with bar.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
joan
"Not bad for price"
Stayed here for 54 days. Everything was good and have no complains.
4 night trip Feb 21, 2014
A
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Wonderful stay. Really friendly staff, particularly at the bar and restaurant, close to the beach, can't speak highly enough. The room was a bit old fashioned but was still okay.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
Denis
"Horrible!!"
This hotel is horrible!! The staff members are very rude and dont care about there customers. We just recently stayed there over the 22nd of February for the weekend. First, they charge you $25 a day to just have your car parked in there parking lot and if you cant find a parking you have to park across the street from them but at your own risk, the buttons in the elevator dont work half the time, you dont get free breakfast. We had an incident happen and the hotel manager didnt even care! They were even rude about it, trying to blame us for it. The people that work at the gift shop are also rude as well, they screamed at my nephew for no reason.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
Cryatal
"Close to beach, very quiet."
Employees need more training, in customer service, helpfulness, friendliness. Rooms were very clean, but old. Hotel is very quiet, but does have hookers around sometimes, but mostly family friendly.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"nice view of the ocean"
the hotel staff was nice and very helpful, and the room was very spacious.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Need more clean and service"
I was a week. Never change the savannah bed. Bathroom clogged the bathtub never fix sink broker
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"horrible"
This Hotel Was awful. It does NOT look like these pictures it looks like trash. I will NEVER stay here again. NOT even if the remodeled and made it look nicer. The staff is rude and myself and who I was staying with asked for things (like towels rags microwave) and never received anything until the NIGHT before we left. I would rate this hotel LESS than a zero. And I will never stay here again.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Samantha
"Right for price"
Fair stay, room are small . If you really want to stay for this price it's not bad
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"Right for price"
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"horrible"
This hotel was disrespectful! The ceiling was peeling, the bed was old, this place looked like it had bed bugs!
2 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2014
Alisha
"turist staff."
La persona que da informacion turistica nos dio malas recomendaciones. We received bad recommendation from the turist staff.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Not terrible"
The all tile floors in the room was a bit weird to get used to, but it was easier when I saw they cleaned them every day. Nothing around the hotel besides the beach, we had to take a 20-40 min bus ride to get anywhere else. For what we paid it wasn't terrible, but I don't think I would stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2014
"costomer services"
Very poor costomer services didden fees like parking and addition on breakfast coast souring keep in poor condition, very desapointed! !!!!!
1 night trip Jan 27, 2014
"Avoid if possible"
One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. 1) Room not clean enough. There are some stains in the bathtub 2) Bad services. They charge $1 per piece of luggage stored. IN ADDITION, I WAS CALLING ROOM SERVICES FOR A FORK, AND THEY END UP ASKING ME GO TO LOBBY AND I HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER $1 FOR A PLASTIC DISPOSABLE FORK. RIDICULOUS. 3) Inconvenient location. It takes more than 1 hour bus to downtown Miami, and 30 minutes bus to Miami Beach...Really, avoid staying here.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2014
There is only internet access in lobby. Not rooms. Carpets in hallways need to be changed. But really nice amenities and nice beach location
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Bad service,you had to pay for parking,and extra for the breakfast.To expensived for the room .Wi-fi didn't worked as it should.I cant rekommend this hotell
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2014
Elisabet
I hv been 2 lots of hotels but it was one of the worst hotel tht I hv been. Room were dirty service was extremely bad, Employee attitude was also very bad. And I would never go their
3 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
"good night to sleep"
the stay was good supplied me with more blankets and pillows for that cold night only thing i did not like was i got a room with 2 beds when they saw 2 couples were staying in a 2 bed room they wanted to charge me extra $40.00 or $20.00 per person when more than 2
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
Ricky
My husband is an electrician and the wiring in the bathroom was not in compliance with code. The hotel had the loser aura of an inn that might have been OK in the 70s, but was definitely on it's last legs. DO NOT stay here unless you have a self-loathing complex.
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
Dezerland Beach Hotel is an older hotel with older fixtures. The internet worked well; parking was easily available even at $13 a night. Only one of several restaurants was available for dinner -- the bar/beach dining area. Food was acceptable. This is an average hotel, in an average area of Miami Beach. Walls are hin so I enjoyed the conversations of the group next door until 3 a.m.
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
"thumbs down"
Front desk staff member was very rude they didn't greet me when I walked in, the gentleman that checked me in didn't give me a parking pass after I paid for it, he gave me the wrong directions to my room, he didn't give me the coupons for the continental breakfast that was absolutely cold and disgusting; however the cleaning ladies were very nice and friendly!
3 night business trip Jan 16, 2014
"everything was great, beds are not that comfortabl"
I was only there for 7 hours.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2014
Sarag
"Don't bother"
This Place was junk. Very outdated. Good location.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"Beautiful Waterfront View"
If you like a nostalgic atmosphere, this is a good place for photos. The vintage automobiles designed as the restaurant setting was very nice. The hotel is an old hotel, so if you're looking for contemporary settings, this is not the place. The bath room is small, but clean. Overall, depending upon what you're looking for, this is a nice place to lay your head after your return from the beach.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"Good places to stay"
I injoy my stay and the room have nice view
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2014
Worst hotel I've ever stepped foot in
4 night business trip Jan 5, 2014
"40% taxes & recoveries but ok apart from that"
Booked this late at night : checked the normal hidden costs : resort fee $11 parking $12 so went ahead and booked partial sea view room for $89. Only realized after submitting payment details that "taxes and recoveries" equalling 40% had been levied. This is for a 2 star hotel in North beach area! Checked other hotels and none charged this high rate . Conclude then that the room rate has been lowered to lure people like me in. Apart from what I consider to be misleading rates, the room was what we expected : basic but clean . There were a couple of maintenance issues in one of the rooms we booked ( hair dryer & safe not working) but as we were there got one night only , we didn't worry about these. Pool nice and right on beach. 10 min drive to South Beach. Funky gangster theme in restaurant .
1 night family trip Jan 6, 2014
Allabella
"Bad service and all is at additional cost"
We had a bad experience with this hotel. We reserve a room with internet but they if fact they annonce internet and they do not have it except in the lobby.But in the lobby no place to stay and internet slow and not always working. Then we had breakfast included in our price and reservation but breakfast was just coffee cup if you want cakes and eggs you have to pay $18 more...
3 night business trip Jan 5, 2014
"Should be cheaper considering what it offers"
I was hoping to find a cheap hotel to spend one night in Miami. I arrived on an early flight (6 AM) and the staff were VERY inflexible when it came to checking me in earlier. So I had to spend from 6AM until 3PM at the beach (what may seems good when you're rested, but not when you've been traveling for 12 hours). When I finally got to the room, my shower couldn't keep a stable temperature (it would either burn me or freeze me, even though I wasn't even close to touching the faucet.) The paint job is a mess. The TV is from the 90's and the 50's-inspired statues at the lobby are going to give your children nightmares. From the overall experience, maybe I should have stayed on a Motel 6 and would have gotten more from my money. Ps.: it is a US$ 30,00 cab ride from the hotel to South Beach.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2014
Pedro
"Very expensive for the location and condition"
Hotel staff is RUDE, they would not let me check in even 5 minutes before 3:00 pm, and were not friendly at all. Despite being at the beach it's is a bad neighborhood, hotel is very old, I paid extra to update my room and my bathroom was very small , floor was wet, this hotel is not worth more than $70 per night. To pay this much I would rather stay in South Beach .
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013