All hotels in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here200 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19102, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

"Best of the best-ish"
First off, my only issue was that I stayed for 4 nights and after the second day, room service stopped leaving coffee in my room. Besides that, Hyatt is always the best hotel in my opinion. Beds are plush, bathrooms have bidettes if you're into that kind of thing. Staff that I interacted with are just on another level compared to other hotels.
4 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Isaiah
"Great place to stay!"
Overall the service, the staff and the location was great! It was in the center of the city which really helped me when getting a cab, however the rooms were very comfortable but they definitely need an upgrade, I understand the hotel is historic and absolutely beautiful from the outside to lobby/ballroom area, but the rooms need work. The walls are very thin and you can hear the people in the hallway which was pretty unpleasant, but again overall the staff and service provided made my stay great!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Nice hotel in the center of Philly"
Two nights at this hotel. The first night we raised the temperture a little and then we felt warm during the night because of the down comforter. The second night we let the temp at 68, then we were able to sleep through the night. The hotel is very clean and has classic decos in the room and hallways. It is centraly located. We like this hotel. however, The elavator makes noises during the night.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Helen
great location. Interesting use of a wonderful old building. Grat roof top dining and bar. The best sports facility of any hotel.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
Very dissapointed with the hotel. No lobby. The room did not feel "clean". The rug was stained and dirty. The "city view" was the top of a roof and another tall building. Location is great. Staff was friendly but not very informed about Philadelphia. Asked for directions to catch Pflash to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The directions were fine, but forgot to tell me the museum was closed on Mondays! Towels were very thin... Will stay elsewhere next time.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
KL
"Issues with no hot water available"
I have stayed at this hotel twice this month and had issues with the hot water availability both times. After a hectic day in Philly one does expect to have a warm shower in a four star hotel like Hyatt Bellevue. Other than that, the rooms are very spacious and the beds were comfortable. The managers are very helpful and the front desk is pleasant.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Close to good restaurants and city life"
We stayed one night. Staff are superb. Paul the host/concierge was particularly professional, courteous, and a lovely sense of humor. The hotel is nice, but lacks ambiance. Room are posh enough, still no updated, but adequate. I would not recommend the hotel at full price, but if you can enjoy a weekend discount and want to explore, it is great for that. The XiX bar was a njce relief from the noise at the Tavern at the lower level, old world style, still the lights were very dim. I wished we had had more time to eat on the balcony of the restaurant on the same floor with the view of town. Maybe a next time.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2014
"old world feel"
very nice staff, old world charm, close to restaurants. The host at morning breakfast is quite rude though.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Excellent Place to Stay"
We had an excellent time at the Hyatt at The Bellevue! Every member of their staff was wonderful. They were very helpful with giving directions and the easiest way to travel around Philadelphia. We definitely would stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
Diane Smocovich
Older hotel, so nice architectural features. Slow elevators, stressed overwhelmed staff, overpriced
3 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
Ahmed
"It's Philly"
Philly is my least favorite city to travel to in PA, but obviously the Hyatt is a very nice place to stay. It's location downtown is ideal if you're sightseeing, but work wise I'd much rather be somewhere outside the city, with cheaper parking and less traffic for a conference. The rooms are "vintage" but kind of stuffy, however its a 4 star place
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
"A Good Choice For a Week-long Stay"
I had to stay in Philly for a week-long class, and I chose this hotel because the price was right and the ratings were high. By the end of the week, I felt that I had made a wonderful decision. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. My room had beautiful, high ceilings and classic decor that reminded me of The Carlyle in Manhattan (which I LOVE). The bathroom was large. There was even a walk-in closet. My room was kept up very nicely by the staff throughout my stay, so after a hard day of class, I always felt comfortable and relaxed upon my opening of the hotel room door. On the last night, I ordered room service for dinner. I got a chicken Caesar salad and my boyfriend got a steak. Both were delicious. Ordering over the phone was pleasant, and the server was courteous. Even when we had a small discrepancy on the bill, it was addressed without any hassle whatsoever. Really, I couldn't have made a better choice.
Danielle
"One night stay"
A Philadelphia landmark, very well kept. Comfortable stay.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Great dinner. We ate at the XIX resturant outside. Service was great and friendly.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Phenomenal"
Fabulous rooms with Hugh ceilings. Beautifully appointed. Gracious and helpful staff. Excellent food and service. The architecture is amazing!!! A very Grand Hotel!!
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2014
Elaine
"Great hotel, great location"
Great room. Starbucks in office. Great gym. I recommend it.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
ester
"Que Psi"
Very convenient,
2 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
Great location! The hotel is beautiful. The staff was very helpful & friendly. We really enjoyed our stay for the weekend. The only drawback is how thin the walls are. We could hear the child in the room 2 doors down & heard a couple in the throws as we walked down the hall. Luckily they offer ear plugs to help shut out the noise. Overall though its a great hotel for the bargin price!
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
"Historic elegance"
Wonderful hotel to stay when you experience historic Philadelphia. Most sites are about 1.2 mile walks or less from the hotel. Great shopping in the building and within a few blocks.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Lewis
Very old hotel so the aircondition took a very long time to cool room. Stains on carpet but other than that room was clean. No soda or snack machines or store in hotel. Tv buzzed off and on while watching. The hotel staff was wonderful.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Liz
"Not the grande dame anymore."
This is a beautiful, historic hotel in the heart of Center City Philadelphia. It has been a destination hotel in the past - with stellar appointments, staff and ambiance. Not so any more. Stains on the carpets. Worn furniture. Blase staff. Aside from the location, which is ideal, not much to recommend it.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Old but very nice"
The rooms are outdated but that's part of the charm. Our bathtub floor was bubbled so you felt like you were falling in the shower and they ou have us 3 towels for 3 of us (2 girls); however they ran more up at our request. I loved the bed it was very soft and the linens were great but my husband said the bed was too soft. My daughter (16 yr old) loved the bed as well. Centrally located, there's a Starbucks in the lobby. Elevators were a little confusing at first. Parking is easy in the garage and there is valet if you prefer. High ceilings give the room a bigger feel, but they're actually quite small. We had only 2 chairs in our room despite there being 3 people. Staff was great - friendly, courteous, and helpful.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Nikki
"Good service and comfortable place for stay"
Like Hytt hotel in Philadelphia. Great Hotel here.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Shirley
"Fantastic Service"
Great old fashioned hotel. Wonderful service, great breakfast, yummy chocolate covered strawberries in our room when we checked in. Great location. Would stay there again in a minute.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Salome
"good location near theatres"
The staff at this Hyatt and Penns Landing location are amazing. Pleasant, easy and accomodating. We arrived early to hotel with no expectations of goetting in to a room but, wanted to drop our bags before our show. The front desk person easily put us in a room immediately. Breakfast the next day at the upstairs restaurant over looking the city was really over priced but, good and a beautiful view. they have done a fine job at preserving the buildings details.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Lish
Beautiful hotel in the heart of historic area. Spacious rooms with access to the hotel gym as well. XIX restaurant was excellent with great views of the city below. Highly recommend.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
DC
"Good location, decor needs updating"
The location of the hotel could not be beat. Staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was a good size and the price decent. The only issue I really had with it was the dated decor. While it could have been less than a few years old, it looked like the wallpaper in the hallways and room would crumble if I touched it. I could have taken the windown treatment draped over the bathtub and turned it into a gown a la Gone With the Wind. It's not a bad place to stay and I would stay there again, but I don't know that it would be my first choice.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Great location, fine hotel, decor getting tired"
Overall I like this hotel. The price was fair, the location is great (easy access to restaurants and public transportation), and the hotel is nice. Hotel staff is quite pleasant and helpful. Parking fees are average but parking access is great. The beds were very comfortable. Some problems getting the room temperature adjusted (too warm). The decor is dated and tired, although the room was clean and the bathroom functional. I would definitely return.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
CelloBrain8585
"Not the Value I thought I Would Get"
Overall Experience was OK. The check in process was clean and the staff cordial. They made a comment something to the effect of "oh, you booked with Expedia." We were given a room across from a "staff only" area that was very noisy with carts going back and forth, sounded like dishes. We woke up several times during the night as a result. Unfortunately told no other rooms left and this was for a birthday night on the town for my wife. This resulted in a sub par experience although I would recommend the hotel to others. Thank you, not sure if I will us Expedia to book a hotel again.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Vic
"Historic property in need of modernization"
Historic building with character, rooms are spacious, service is excellent. Rooms are very dated and in need of some modern updates that still maintain its character. good location close to restaurants and entertainment. Room rates are a bit pricey and based on location more than amenities
Other trip May 17, 2014
The room's bathroom was recently redone- looked great! Shower was wonderful and the room had a lot of useable space. Very good customer service, everyone was very attentive.
1 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"Excellent location"
Excellent location, wonderful staff, big rooms, incredibly clean
3 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
"Gorgeous historic hotel, but top floor smells"
Hotel is elegant, great location, rooms are very well decorated, but the restaurant and bar on the top floor smells of dust. Couldn't stand having breakfast there.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Helpful Staff, Great Gym and Toiletries."
The staff was friendly and helpful from the moment I checked in. The gym is outstanding. It is a three floor serious gym with a juice bar, free phone charging station, steam room, sauna, and excellent space, cardio and other equipment. The hotel is highly recommended if you want to have a great workout. The room was petite and quiet enough, and hypo-allergic. The toiletries they provided were high quality. The one minor knock is the shower in the room looked a bit filthy, and I'm sure if I'd taken the time to call they would've done something about it. Well located and I'd definitely stay their again.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
"Lovely hotel full of charm, not super kid friendly"
We loved the "old style" hotel. We found it charming and lovely. It reminded us of some of the "grand ole" quality hotels of the South, The Greenbrier, The Homestead, and some lovely older hotels in Europe. Beautiful chandeliers. Comfortable beds with great sheets as one would expect from Hyatt. Room service was delicious, cooked perfectly and delivered hot. The Sporting Club at The Bellevue was amazing and my husband and I both enjoyed working out there. Our almost 16 year old son was very disappointed to not be able to use any of the Sporting Club's facilities, not the basketball court, the work-out area, or even the pool. We learned that the pool is only open to people under 18 on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday for limited hours. We found this to be a disappointing aspect of our visit to this Hyatt, especially over our student's Spring Break. The hotel did not offer much for kids.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Lori
"Nice Hotel in heart of downtown"
The hotel was nice, uniquely decorated to meet the era of the structure. The room was large, even with 4 of us sharing the space.The only complaint was that there was no mirror outside of the restroom, so if anyone was using it others had to wait to get ready. I would suggest the hotel put a mirror on the wall or in the closet door to maximize one's time as there is so much to see and do in Philadelphia! The staff were very helpful and pleasant in the lobby, which we greatly appreciated. We stopped at the restaurant/bar on the nineteenth floor and wish we would have had time to have a drink or brunch, definitely a nice place, relaxing environment and great view!
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Anniversary"
It was wonderful, close to everything. Room was extremely large and well maintained.
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2014
Mary Toomey
"Best bed ever!"
Outstanding guest service. Clean, classic accommodations. UNBELIEVABLE BED AND PILLOWS. Honestly, this was the most comfortable hotel bed that I have ever slept in! A little more than a mile from the convention center - nice walk in good weather. Immediate area is fine but if you are walking, it's hard to avoid the tremendous number of panhandlers and the dirty, smelly, urine soaked nastiness of central Philly. Great shopping and dining nearby but the hotel lobby shops/restaurants shut down pretty early, so don't plan on a late night snack on property.
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
"Comofrtable, classic hotel"
check-in to departure, very prompt and courteous service. Room was spacious, comfortable and quiet for location in central part of city. Excellent exercise facility based on relationship with adjacent gym. Highly recommended.
2 night trip Mar 30, 2014
Glen
"close to sights, very nice hotel"
Staff very attentative, very friendly, very nice hotel, very fast with ammentities
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Cherie
"Excellent choice"
Hotel is located near theater, restaurants and easy transportation options, including the train from the airport. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with adjustable thermostats. Staying here also gets you membership at a real gym next door, not a small hotel gym. And there's an Avis/Budget office on the lower level with cars parked in the hotel garage. The essence of convenience.
13 night business trip Mar 17, 2014
"Big disappointment"
Avoid room 2012. I was told this room was recently renovated and it was. I Felt like I was camping out in an abandoned home. There were only two outlets in the large room, no desk, and the thermostat was a dummy faceplate and it was freezing. I stayed in the restaurant (which was wonderful) each night until time to go to bed, because it was so cold and uncomfortable in the room. I had to charge laptop on the floor due to outlet location. No outlet in the bathroom so good luck with hair drying and styling.
2 night business trip Mar 25, 2014
donna
"Classic gem in Center City"
A second visit to Hyatt at The Bellevue confirmed my initial impression. It is a beautiful old building with handsome room decor. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Restaurant XIX provides an elegant, comfortable environment for delicious dining.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
Alexis
"Works great dinner and a show!"
We had a wonderful time. King bed was excellent and the hotel is charming. next door to the Academy of Music and very close to many places to eat and shop. 19th floor lounge and bar view was great.
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2014
"New favorite hotel in Philly"
My boyfriend and I come to Philly once or twice a year to see the Philadelphia Orchestra and try to stay in Center City. The Hyatt was on sale and I'm so glad we booked it. The location was great for the Symphony and restaurants. The workout and spa facilities were great too. Even if you didn't go anywhere you could just relax in the hotel! Close to Reading Terminal Market and other shopping close by. First hotel I will consider next trip!!
3 night romance trip Mar 20, 2014
Rachel Zephir
"One night stay"
Excellent! Within walking distance to all major attractions. Very clean and well maintained. The bar on the XIX floor was small and crowded but the service was good. Brunch was fantastic. I will return.
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2014
"Go for the location."
I've said this before in a review and I'll say it again here...how hard is it to replace a broken shower head or bathroom fixture? The room was great. It was a big room, with the front door set in an alcove, so there was no one walking past the room at night making noise, or anything to that effect. The view from the windows was great, and the hotel itself had shopping and coffee in the lobby, and was only a stones throw from all of the bustle of Center City Philly. Now, having said that, the bathroom. First, the shower head did not function properly, and the most I could get was a slow trickle. The dial on the shower was broken, like, handle has fallen off type broken. Getting he temperature to be right was impossible. On top of that, the floor of the bathtub had a crack in it which I kept scraping my foot on. For the cost of this hotel, these aren't minor oversights. These are mandatory amenities.
2 night business trip Mar 12, 2014
"Romantic"
My husband and I enjoyed a very romantic over night stay at the Hyatt. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever stayed in. We loved the atmosphere of the entire hotel and the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2014
S. Downey
"Parking garage cost"
The hotel was beautiful. It was an excellent stay with excellent service from the desk clerks, but I wish I had known that they do not cover the price of parking in their parking garage even though you pay nearly 200 per night. I could have done without the $28.00 parking fee when checking out. Or at least should've been told it was coming when I checked in and asked about the parking and was told "it's covered."
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2014
Kristine
"very good"
A++. One of the BEST locations in center city and the shops at the bellevue attached. It is not a flashy super high end place (thinking Trump Tower Chicago) but they get all the important stuff right. Plus I really don't like those hotels that are so far over the top you feel uncomfortable. A very nice room in center city at a very reasonable price. Room: clean and completely acceptable, bed, pillows: great. The carpeting in the hallways could be updated but nothing to grumble about. Some reviews mentioned it can be loud. I was on the 12th floor, no problem sleeping, but I did find earplugs in the nightstand, very thoughtful. Indoor atrium is cool. Staff: great, definitely above par. Gym: absolutely fantastic. This is the best gym in philly; NOT a hotel gym but is free if you stay there (its connected to the hotel directly so you don't need to go outside). If working out is important to you this should be the ONLY hotel you stay at. They have an indoor track, tons of weights, treadmills, raquetball, free tanning, sauna, hot tub, pool, it is over the top. Next time I am bringing my bathing suit! I will definitely be using this as my go-to spot. Only downside: The lobby has that quintessential hotel smell I can't stand. Bathroom didn't seem to have a heating system and was a bit cold, but I left the door open and it was ok. It was pretty cold outside so that may not usually be an issue. I HEART bellevue this reminded me why Philly is such a great city.
1 night trip Feb 9, 2014