All hotels in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
200 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19102, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Delicious food
    Ordinary amenities
    Decent vibe
"Great hotel if you love classic properties"
Great Hotel, really clean for a classic property. The elevators can be a touch confusing, and parking is a tiny hassle. Rooms are not as quiet as in newer hotels (I could hear my neighbor's TV and the kids across the hall when my room was quiet). It was not enough to bother me, but might annoy some looking for absolute quiet.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Britt
"Overpriced"
It's about 50/50 whether you're going to encounter a polite staff member or a rude staff member. Not what I expect when I pay nearly $600/night. There are far better hotels in Philadelphia.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Excellent older hotel"
We came to Philly for a concert and a play. We do this quite often and have stayed a various hotels. This was our first time at the Bellevue. While it is an older hotel everything has been kept up very well. The room was spacious and comfortable. We did hear some noise from loud people in the hall. Front desk staff were courteous and helpful. Breakfast buffet, though a bit pricey (although a buck cheaper than another hotel down the block), was excellent.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Rev B
"Bellevue was great"
My family of 5 enjoyed the Bellevue very much. We all appreciated the old fashioned decor - it feels like you are in the white house. The staff was extremely helpful and we thought the location was central for all of our day trips.
2 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"The hotel to stay at in Philly"
The room was comfortable and cleaned each day.The hotel had an upscale feel to it and was convenient to shops and restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had to request guest services twice and each time they responded within minutes. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
S Lindsey
"Luxurious hotel in the heart of Broad Street"
This place is so nice that I almost don't want to tell people about it to be sure I can get a room whenever I want. Comfy beds, classic decor. Friendly staff and a great restaurant. Great for a romantic getaway
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Fancy, big room, little window, lots of wall paper"
I was having a surprise birthday party for my girlfriend in center city and needed a place to stay within walking distance. The hotel is close to all great bars, restaurants (Del Friscos in particular), and shopping. The staff is very friendly, especially when you stumble through the entrance at 3am looking for bottles of water. I was also able to check in on the way to dinner - literally took less than a minute. There's parking attached to the hotel which is always a concern for me when staying in the city. Convenience comes at a price of $30 (overnight), although this shouldn't be a concern when staying here in the first place. That's usually the going rate for overnight city parking anyway. I went with a standard king room. The room was very large, but there wasn't much in it - a bed, two night stands, and a TV. It was all we needed, but just don't expect more. The bathroom felt pretty dated - I know it's the hotel's vibe to be vintage, but classic chic with modern ammentities is always appreciated at this price. There was a very small window looking into some sort of banquet hall area. I would have paid more for a better view, but the Expedia description didn't really speficy. Wasn't a big deal. The hotel overall is very old, but well kept... Both of which add to its appeal. My girlfriend joked that hallways were something out of the shining. Joking aside, she was very impressed, as was I. I will definitely go back when I need a place to stay in Philly.
Austin
"Dated rooms, but great gym!"
Room temperature was hard to control, and set up felt dated. However there is a great gym facility.
2 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
Darrell
"Incredible!"
Loved, loved the hotel! The room was gorgeous and the beds were so comfortable and relaxing. We had the breakfast included, which surprisingly even included room service. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating.
5 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Michele
stayed for 1 night, check in and out was totally easy, no issues encountered, hotel staff were great
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
it was great fun. Enjoyed the city historical attraction.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
maria
"A First Class Hotel"
Repeat visitor. Friendly staff; great location.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Bruce
"Smyphony weekend"
great place to stay for attending the Symphony
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Karla
"Beautiful hotel"
The Hyatt at Bellvue in Philadephia was one of the nicest hotels in which I have stayed. Built in the 1920's the building is upfitted with all modern conveniences but retains that early 20th century charm with extra large rooms, a separate walk-in closet and ample bathroom. Marble floors and tiles in the bathroom complimented the at least 8 inch molding surrounding each door. An exceptionally beautiful lobby and pleasant staff made this an overall great experience. There are many good restaurants and world-class shopping right down the street. We didn't have a lot of time to explore but did walk a couple of miles surrounding the hotel. We felt safe at all times.
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Jill
"Outstanding"
Great hotel, wonderful staff very friendly and helpful, huge corner room with plenty of windows, very good breakfast with a nice view of the city, half a block from the Academy of Music(our main interest) and hop-on hop-off bus stop actually "at our door". In spite of the bad weather we had a wonderful stay!
5 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Vera
"Thoroughly satisfied"
Beautiful hotel, attentive staff, central location, short indoor elevator ride to great elegant dining with a great view (elevator up to XIX restaurant) or cheap tasty eats with great sports and live music (elevator down to shops). All for well below $200/night after taxes and surcharges. What more can you ask for?
4 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
"Old world charm."
lovely old world hotel. breakfast was very special.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Nora
"Terrible staff, disappointing from a Hyatt"
This is not a child friendly hotel. From the moment we walked in, we were basically asked to leave by the hotel staff. We didn't even have time to be noisy.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Grand old hotel in center of Philly"
Some reviewers were turned off by shabby areas and substandard bathrooms. We wanted the location and value charm over cookie-cutter perfection. We did not see any of those problems. Our room was huge, beds comfortable, view lovely (we did take someone's advice and request a city view on a higher floor), and bathroom faultless. Common areas were well maintained and NOT shabby. The included breakfast buffet was comprehensive and most welcome on a frigid February weekend.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Becky
"Great value, great location"
The staff was very friendly. The gym is AWESOME. Everything is in easy walking distance.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Great stay at the Bellevue"
We recently spent a night at the Hyatt Bellevue in Philadelphia. The rooms were a great size, very clean and comfortable bed. We would definitely stay again when we are in town to see a show. Wish we had tried XIX restaurant - it looks great.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Symphony weekend"
Great location for attending the Symphony !
2 night trip Jan 30, 2015
Karla
Lovely hotel with historic charm. Amazing location - close to restaurants and shopping. Great gym facilities
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Francisca
"First trip to Bellevue"
We felt we were back in time when the hotels were luxerious and patrons were treated royaly staff both professional and courteous Don't change
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
MARY
"Show Night!"
Just one night to see a show in town...it was great! The staff was helpful and kind!!
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
Leslie
"Great stay, highly recommended!"
Great location. SEPTA right out the front door, small mall and food court right in buing, no need to walk outside. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Will stay here again when visiting philly.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
"Home sweet home!"
I have stayed here before and I'm familiar with the hotel and its staff. I just felt good to be home after a long vaction.
1 night business trip Jan 1, 2015
"Mummers' Parade"
Had a wonderful stay. Stayed overnight so we could (family) have a base of operations when we came into Philly to watch the Mummers' Parade. The staff was very accommodating. The rooms were ready when promised and were very spacious - not what you always get in old hotels. Very convenient location to watch the parade with many, many restaurants in walking distance to eat dinner, and there is a Starbucks downstairs. They do need to stock room with decaf coffee for those of us who can't have caffeine. We will definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Wonderful. Went to a nice little bar and diner right around the corner for some late night drinks and food.
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
"Nice, but a little past its prime"
We had two rooms at the Bellevue for one night for our family of five. Apparently, they are in the process of renovating the rooms (although I'm not sure how speedy a process it is) and we got two unrenovated rooms. They were perfectly clean and nice, and one room was particularly spacious, but there were definitely signs of wear and tear on the rooms. We peeked into a renovated room while it was being cleaned, and it looked very nice. The hallways are also a little past their prime. The decor is a little dated, although pretty, and there was a large tear in the carpeting near our room. Despite being past its prime, it is still an elegant hotel, with a great location. The service was good, the restaurant nice and welcoming.
Response by Hyatt at The Bellevue
So glad to hear you had an enjoyable visit while at Hyatt at the Bellevue. Although an older product, our staff take pride in ensuring a clean and comfortable stay for all of our guests. That said, we have just finalized our plans for a full room renovation to commence in Q4 of 2015. Hopefully you will return to see our new product next year however, in the meantime, we would love to have you back to experience our charming current product as it is still an amazing place to be. Thank you for the feedback and hope to see you soon!
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
JEAN
"Classy old hotel."
Visiting family. Have stayed here frequently. COnvenient.
Response by Hyatt at The Bellevue
Thank you for the great review! So glad to know you have been here time and time again and have enjoyed yourself each time. Cant wait to have you back again in the near future! All the best!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Location was very convenient"
Ok hotel but nothing special. This hotel was just ok. Room very average, beds ok (i've definitely slept on better), no vending machines in hotel, parking $28 per day, small window in room faced a wall. If your seeing a show at the Academy of music this hotel is convenient because it's less then a 60 second walk. I would probably not stay at the Hyatt again because for $300 for 1 night I want to be wowed and I definitely was not. Next time I'll try the Double Tree hotel which is directly across the street.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Monique
"Architectural Charm"
Loved the historic hotel. Enjoyed the beautiful restaurant XIX. Built in 1904 the architectural detail is really charming.
1 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
Kimberly
"Love the Luxury"
I enjoyed the spacious room and quality furnishings.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2014
"Ok"
This hotel was very overpriced for the physical condition of our room. Very outdated and rundown. The sheets were dirty with brown stains and the blanket was a worn out polyester type that was practically see through. The bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages and the refrigerator wasn't cold at all and shoved into a cabinet so you were unable to open the fridge without shifting it at an angle.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Wendy
Its a little dated, but gives character/charm
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Samuel
"vacation with family"
it was an okay stay, the hotel is over 100 years old and it shows around the hotel. there were 4 of us, and the room kept being made for 3, we had to ask for towels everyday. bed was not comfortable.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
OSADI
"Close to Academy of Music ..."
Beautiful older hotel, in prime location for arts/restaurants, etc. I chose it because of proximity to the Academy of Music (Neil Young Concert). The hotel reps were friendly and very helpful. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bar was great for a cocktail after the show and breakfast the next morning was top rate--delicious food, elegant setting, and a wonderful hostess/waitress who was a delight to meet first thing in the morning--she made our day!! I would definitely stay at the Hyatt at Bellevue again.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Sandy
"Very old un renovated room"
Nice location but very very dated hallways and rooms.
2 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2014
The service was impeccable. The staff was so friendly and wonderful. The rooms are in dire need of update.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Sweet deal on a mystery hotel!"
I gave Expedia unpublished hotels a try, and for dirt cheap on a Friday, I got the freakin' 4-star Hyatt at the Bellevue! Honestly, I haven't been disappointed yet in doing those mystery hotels. The place is classy, it's downtown near all the good stuff, and a few blocks from the gayborhood.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
"Philly at its Best"
Beautiful Hotel, excellent service, very accomodating staff. This will be my go to hotel whenever I am in Philadelphia.
Response by Hyatt at The Bellevue
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel so much! I hope we can welcome you back to Philadelphia soon. -Cassie B Guest Relations
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
Denise C.
"A decent place to stay in Center City"
Not bad, but room for improvement. Staff were very nice and helpful. Many areas of hotel were warm including room (with t-stat set to 66F) and bar at XIX. There was peeling plaster in bathroom ceiling and no vending machines on floor, only an ice machine in a room over 100F degrees.
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2014
Ole R
"Fantastic Hotel and Location- We Loved It!"
We loved the hotel. The room was large, comfortable and the service was great. In hotel restaurant, Starbucks and other coffee shops nearby and walking distance from historic Philadelphia attractions. Also, right by the metro for any baseball stadium visits! We loved it!
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
Paige
"Always a great stay"
Love the classy decor of yesteryear. Friendly staff. Great downtown location.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
We dont often stay in the grande dame hotels of times past. It was so beautiful and the services were so gracious. We were spoiled rotten. Found an unbelievably good rate on linel Hope we can do it again when visiting Phila.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Had to take medical board exam in Philly. This place sure helped me relax when the staff takes care of everything from directions to room service. Room was very quiet with a nice view. Perfect for study and relaxation after the exam. Club sport gym was excellent.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Nice hotel with affordable prices."
The hotel was affordable, clean and beautiful in a very central and accessible location. The staff was friendly and the room was large and clean.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Teresa
"Old, but beautiful!"
I read reviews about the hotel being old and in rough condition, but I would disagree. I think they've done a great job of keeping it up to date and very comfortable. Location is great too, visit the restaurant XIX in the hotel for a great view, or go down to 13th street for some other goodies.
4 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
"Best of the best-ish"
First off, my only issue was that I stayed for 4 nights and after the second day, room service stopped leaving coffee in my room. Besides that, Hyatt is always the best hotel in my opinion. Beds are plush, bathrooms have bidettes if you're into that kind of thing. Staff that I interacted with are just on another level compared to other hotels.
4 night trip Aug 14, 2014