All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Food is not good
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
"Great for the price"
This hotel has the basic needs of a business traveler. It had free Wi-Fi, courteous staff, clean rooms, and great price.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
"Great downtown location"
Just one overnight stay, and did not have to use my vehicle once
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Anna
"Convenient to all downtown locations, very quiet"
The Ramada is slightly off of the main downtown area, but still only a few blocks away -- an easy walk. The staff is nice, the hotel is quiet, and the Expedia package price for my flight and the hotel was really good.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
Claude
"nice hotel"
older facility and it is starting to show a little, restaurant food was fair, service was acceptable, convenient to city transit - getting to convention center, all staff very helpful and kind, We would stay again!
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"only use it as a place to sleep alone"
Phone in our room didn't work, bathroom was so small that to close the door you had to wedge yourself to the side of the toilet. The whole place smells of old stale cigarette smoke. Linens were clean, though.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2013
"Good Deal for business travel."
The Ramada is centrally located in Downtown Calgary. You can easily walk to most places and eateries. It is always clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The restaurant staff is prompt, especially early in the morning when time is constrained. Overall, the hotel is a good value and seems to be well maintained.
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
Hugh
"If it is the only room available"
to hot in room, had to open a window, needs new wallpaper, colors need updating.
Other trip Apr 27, 2013
CCC

"Ok stay"
My keys didn't work the first time so had to go back down to the front desk, then the TV didn't work - but maintenace was able to come and fix almost immediately. In the bathroom, the complimentary lotion was just about empty. Was an ok stay, but was disappointed there were no coffee making facilities in the room.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2016
Shyanne
"New Years eve"
Room location is right downtown in business district. Clean but not super comfortable. Is a bit dated
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2015
Natalie
"Christmas Stay, best forgotten!"
Our stay was at Christmas to visit family. At check in I was offered a gift basket, but I was unable to take it because there was no one to help me with my luggage. The desk clerk said he would send it up later. It never arrived. The restaurant and bar were closed . A very limited room service menu was offered, but wine, beer or spirits were out of the question. We arranged a 0430 wake up call and a 0450 airport shuttle for a 0700 flight . We got the wake up but they forgot to order the shuttle. Fortunately for us, there was one taxi out front and we did not miss our flight. We did, however incur the added expense. Overall it was a terrible experience and I doubt I would stay in this hotel again.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
The location is very good, not far away from the entertainment area.
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
Xuan
"Relaxing Stay"
This is ny 2nd time on this hotel. My stay is just fine and just what I needed.
2 night business trip Dec 4, 2015
JOSERP
Staff is a little lazy and slow. When I asked a staff person to scan papers to a pdf. The staff person looked confused.
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2015
Reginald
Very simple lodging option, kind of overpriced for what you get.
Response by Ramada Plaza Calgary Downtown
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We strive to remain competitive within our market and to make our guests stay comfortable.
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2015
"Downtown Convienence, but lacking customer service"
Overall, this hotel was pleasant to stay at, but due to the customer service issues from the start, we wouldn't stay here again unless needed too, or couldn't find anything else. When we arrived, we had to park underground and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was valet parking. During check-in, they did not inform us there was a charge for parking (who charges their guest to park anyways??) and that breakfast was NOT included because we booked at Hotels.com (Expedia according to them) at a lower rate. The duty manager gave us complimentary breakfast for the misunderstanding for one night, but this shouldn't have even happened in the first place. The check-in was the biggest issue as the front desk person should inform of us of everything before completing the check-in so we know what to expect.
Response by Ramada Plaza Calgary Downtown
I am truly sorry you did not find the service up to our normal standards. We strive to provide our Guests with friendly, efficient and warm service. As with most downtown properties, parking is provided at a fee. Our parking fees remain competitive with other properties in downtown Calgary. Your comments are appreciated, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
Lonnie
"Keep looking"
Quite old. Not overly comfortable. Terrible restaurant. Not a good choice for business travellers
Response by Ramada Plaza Calgary Downtown
Good Afternoon Bill, I am sorry to hear that you did not find your stay up to the usual standards appreciated by our many repeat business clients. We do strive to provide a comfortable environment for our guests.
3 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
The staff was great! Super location!
6 night business trip Oct 20, 2015
Marnie
"So thankful"
I have puppies, when you travel and can't leave them home it is great that you could help. The room was accommodating that it had a door out to the patio on the third floor . Thank you so much for the convenience that that was yours truly Donna Letourneau
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
Hubert
"Downtown fun!!"
We travelled from interior of BC to watch an NHL game. We stayed two nights,
2 night family trip Oct 29, 2015
Diana
"In the business district of downtown Calgary."
3 day business stay in downtown Calgary. The hotel is an older building, so it is looking a little tired inside, but it was undergoing renovations while I was there.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
"Hotel with great location downtown Calgary"
Quiet with comfortable bed; helpful staff; great location. Modest priced shuttle to/ from airport.
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2015
Donald
"Noisy radiator"
During the night, the radiator in my room started making a noise every 30 seconds which sounded like the last gasps of a dying animal. At 2.30am I gave up and had to move to another room. Whilst the hotel staff were accommodating in moving me, I will avoid the hotel in future unless they change their heating system.
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
"Very clean rooms! Friendly staff."
Valet was friendly, inside hotel was clean and relaxing. Check in was quick. Room was clean, very modern, great view. Insanely considerable bed and pillow :)
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
Taylor
"A nice Ramada with comforts & style right downtown"
I loved the comfy bed and the access to everything very close to the hotel-so I could walk and didn't need to find parking. Their driveway into the underground parking lot was a bit of a nail-biter for being really narrow (and I'm driving a rental car!!). The valet service was organized and kind, but $25 to park seemed kind of steep even if you are downtown. Ah well, I had a great price on the room. Had breakfast in their restaurant and it was fresh and tasty (but not included in room rate.) An overall good experience.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2015
Maryalice
All staff were friendly and helpful. Not the newest hotel in Calgary, but generally in good condition. The heating pipes made some noise at 11 pm, but this was my only negative experience.
3 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
Katherine
"Awesome hotel and location"
This hotel is perfect location. Clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly. Saw that it had a couple of bad reviews, but took a chance anyway, being the Ramada. Don't know why the bad reviews. It is within the Entertainment district. Great Location!
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
Hotel was ok but a bit too noisy with transit train in the next street.
2 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
"Downtown Calgary..."
If you need to be Downtown in Calgary this is in a great location and is well priced compared to some of the nearby hotels...
6 night business trip Oct 11, 2015
"Prime location, needs renovations."
The room was small which was ok but the bathroom was extremely small and outdated.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Jessy
"Very pleased"
Great value Great downtown location
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2015
Debbie
Close to conference center. Walking distance. Did't pay for parking twice.
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
"Great experience!"
One of the most comfortable beds I've had at a hotel!
1 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2015
Aimee
one night. close to evening entertainment. valet parking a bit confusing. you have to valet in an underground parking structure before checking in but there is no signage to indicate this. no drop off at main doors.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"Friendly and helpful staff"
I am going to change my usual downtown hotel to this one. The staff was warm and welcoming, tasty food in the sport bar inside the hotel and nice clean/comfortable room
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"Great location!"
This hotel is in a perfect location - you can walk to so many great attractions downtown. Rooms were very basic, but clean. Overall, it was a great deal!
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
hotel wanted to refuse our reservation s we didn't have a credit card, though we booked online and it did not state anywhere that we required one. will not recommend this hotel to anyone else.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2015
The room is clean and the bad is very comfort. The location is ideal.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"Old and few amenities"
This hotel is old and outdated. The onside restaurant was closed for supper...had to go elsewhere on a Friday night. On site parking expensive. $25 per night. Rooms are small,outdated.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"Not the worst hotel I've ever stayed at"
Everything was closed including the shop and both restaurants, then everything downtown Calgary was closed to eat at as well. There was no ice in the ice machine. It looked like blood on the curtains in our room. The vents were so loud when we turned on the heat because our room was freezing that we had to turn it back off. Overall it was actually quite comical. I guess that's what you get for paying 130$ for downtown Calgary.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
"Centrally located hotel"
Hotel staff phoned at about 11 am Sunday to tell us we did not check in for extra day we booked when we checked in. So mad I could not sleep after that and we had to drive back to BC early the following day. Otherwise, hotel was all right; clean and centrally located.. Desk staff helpful and polite.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
Lu
"Not that great of a hotel"
I was not very impressed with this hotel for the amount that I paid for it. I had the room with the jetted tub and we couldn't even use the tub because it was very dirty and there was a huge crack in it. Also the bathroom sink was cracked and it looked like they attempted to fix it but it still leaked out the bottom. I'm not sure if I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"hotel needs updating - discounted price"
Hotel and rooms are are a little worn and in need of upgrading. Restaurant staff are lathargic and slow on the uptake. In a good location, but there are many within the town centre. Good parking arrangements with prompt service. lifts are frustrating, up - down and eventually were it should be. In need of an uplift generally.
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2015
mark
"renovated hotel in center of Calgary"
Nicely renovated rooms in very comfortable hotel at comparatively good rates. Good breakfast for less than $10. Great value hotel. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Andy
"Good choice in a pinch"
I need a hotel last-minute, downtown, at a reasonable price and the Ramada was a good choice. If I had more options, I would not book here again, though, but I won't boy-cot the Ramada in the future. It's an old building and the walls are very very thin, which made for some sleepless lights unfortunately. The room was also very small and cramped. Considering the spacial limitations, they did a good job of keeping the rooms clean and well-decorated. I was unable to control the heat in my room, but I think that's on their list of improvements to make while they're working on renovations. My room did have an excellent view of the city, and with the window open I had great air flow, which was pleasant. Housekeeping did a great job of making up the room every day, replacing used amenities, and helping an old building feel modern, which is no small feat. The internet is also painfully slow, and I was in town on business, so that was a huge inconvenience. I had problems with Fox on 6th, the lounge attached to the Ramada. The management staff at the Ramada did an incredible job handling my complaints, and I thank them for that. Cheers, the breakfast restaurant, had a small selection at an unreasonably high price. I only dined there once because of it. Overall, I would not choose to book here again, but if I needed an affordable place on short notice, I wouldn't avoid it.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
Kelsie
Staff very pleasant and helpful. Allowed early check in with a choice of rooms. I recommend the 3rd floor with walkout to pool. The parking is an extra $15, but is expected downtown.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
Lorraine
"Quality of service"
I had to ask Them to change Me to another room because of cigarrette smell, Then My TV was not working so I asked for help and after an hour no one came so I left for dinner and went to reception to ask again for someone to fix it, after a guy went finally., TV was difficult to use so I gave up and didn't watch TV at all. Next day I tried to use The hair dryer and was not working so I had to ask for another one. The bathroom was not very clean. Went for dinner to The bar and just one lady attending everyone and long wait and bured, needs to be renovated or something. Location is great.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2015
Regina
Horrible expereience
3 night business trip Sep 13, 2015
Ramnathan
"Nice hotel. Older but clean."
The Hotel was nice. The staff were very friendly. It I'd located close to the shops and tourist attractions and there is a c-train behind the building that can take you throughout the downtown and beyond.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
Theresa
"Decent hotel at a typical downtown price."
Nice location. Exterior is deceiving as the interior has been redone and is very nice. Elevators are not slow, staff was friendly. Room service staff were very friendly. Downfalls - no coffee maker or fridge in the room and no way to control individual room heat.
3 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
Paddy
Fight in the alley. Waste trucks in the alley from 4 am onward. Lack of ability to control heat. Tiny beds.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015