All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
729 SW 15th Ave, Portland, OR, 97205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"What a ripoff"
Bathroom was incredibly tiny, fixtures did not work properly. I can't believe I spent almost $500 per night for what was at best a $200 per night hotel. Never again.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Had I known, I'd have gone elsewhere."
From the valet to checkout, the staff were great! The room was mostly clean - some dusting needed. Nicely appointed. The bathroom ceiling had a large amount of pink mold growing, which makes sense - there wasn't a fan to deal with condensation. The grout was a bit dirty in the bathroom as well. On demand didn't work all of the time and the movie prices were far higher than they should have been; 16.99 on average for several movies that were only 5.99 on my home cable. The food from the restaraunt was too fancy, high priced and didn't appeal to all pallets. Valet pricing was also a bit too high, 30/day just to park it in the lot across the street. Scary neighborhood, quite a few transients. All and all, not too bad - but when all is said and done, close to 2000 for 4 days is a bit over the top - it's Portland, not Hollywood.
3 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
Jan
"Never Again at the Hotel Deluxe"
I would not stay here again. The room was very overpriced. It was so small that I had to squeeze to get around the foot of it as there was only a couple of feet space between the end of the bed and the chest of drawers. There was only one chair to sit in so we could not have any visitors. No free breakfast or afternoon snacks. The bar was so dark that it was very hard to read the menu. And parking was very expensive. Not a good deal.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Fix the breakfast, coffee."
Most everything was fine except the coffee in the room and the dining room was awful, undrinkable. Breakfast: eggs were rubbery and very unappetizing. Orange juice and bacon were very good.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Highly recommend!"
Quiet, immaculate, exceptional service, right on light rail.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"Don't trust the pictures."
I was very excited about staying in this hotel. However, when I finally got there, it was a little disappointing only because the hotel is not as good as what the promoting pictures have shown. Considering the rate of each night, the room is small not to mention our room was actually upgraded from a queen bed to a king. Hotel service is good. Staff are friendly.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Yi
"Dissatisfied"
Over rated and over priced hotel. Additional cost for parking across the street. No screens on the upper floor windows. Not family friendly.
2 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
"Hotel deluxe"
The staff is very friendly. The room is well appointed and the bed is comfortable, but the downside is basic room is small and there isn't great noise insulation.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Nice choice in Portland"
Some bumps at the outset but the staff worked hard to fix it and did. The restaurant is good. The location is good. The hotel is a bit older and needs more amenities for exercise/spa type activities but most hotels need such an upgrade.
4 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"Unique hotel with great service!"
They directed me to the best restaurants, and the rooms were super unique, I liked it because it didn't feel like the typical hotel room or the typical hotel. it felt like home. everyone was SO nice and accommodating
2 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Abbey
I try to stay at the Hotel Deluxe whenever I visit Portland. The staff is consistently friendly and I love both Gracie's and the Driftwood. I was pleasantly surprised that I received an upper floor, corner suite. The hotel was quite and comfortable as always and is centrally located within a ten to fifteen minute walk of wherever I needed to be.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Dennis J
"Hotel DeLuxe"
This was a lovely hotel and great staff. Glory was very pleasant and helpful at check-in and through out my stay. The hotel has a great historic charm.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Great stay again!!"
We stayed here back in 2008 and had a wonderful visit. We returned to meet up with friends and fortunately our return trip/stay was just as nice. Very clean, updated even though in a historic building (Portland chic) and comfortable. The mattress and pillows were just as comfy if not slightly more so than mine at home. Our room was quiet...the hotel is within walking distance of most things you may want to do downtown. Great lobby to hang and talk with friends with a drink. We didn't eat at the hotel but heard the food was very good. Will stay again someday.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"Nice hotel in great location for walking W PDX."
We were welcomed by a friendly staff. They told us everything about the city, good dining spots and how to move around using public transportation. The happy hours are the best at The Driftwood and the overall hotel decor is really nice. Great location to walk all over west Portland. Public transportation is excellent.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
MJ
"A diamond!"
Hotel was a pleasant surprise. Room was great for an older hotel & had all the amenities. They provide valet parking at a great price (for the city)& the nightly room rate was really reasonable compared to other hotels just a couple of blocks away. It had an old Hollywood theme which was fun. The driftwood room bar was really great and had wonderful ambiance. It got crowded on Friday night & there was no room in the bar, but the hotel serves drinks and apps in the beautiful lobby. The rest of the week we didn't have a problem getting in. Hotel is just a few blocks from center of town and was a quick,easy and fun walk. We would stay here again, for sure!
2 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
Jill
"Wonderful experience!"
Everything was perfect. The decor, the staff, the food... all delightful. Our room was gorgeous. The color scheme is sublime. We were super comfortable. And the location cannot be beat.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Meh"
Well located within easy walking distance of everything you'll need to enjoy Portland, including the light rail stops. Clean but small room and teeny-tiny the bathroom! It is an old hotels, so perhaps I should have assumed it. There was only a single chair in the room; the only other place to sit was on the bed. Found no hotel sundries/gift shop on premises. Aside from decor and theme, there were not many amenities. Restaurant/bar were nice; food was good but the service in the bar was poor. Despite its small size and plenty of wait staff, the bar couldn't get it together on the 3 separate occasions we tried it. The only time our food arrived somewhat warm was the breakfast we had in the bar - we were the only people in there as overflow from the restaurant. The plates served on the other nights arrived cold and each was spaced about a half hour apart. We mentioned our wait to the several wait staff who checked in with us, but no one was going to bother to go check with the kitchen!We were not the only patrons commenting about our observations.They also seemed genuinely awkward dealing with people or making conversation and no one ever apologized for the late food arrival. I think their bar staff need some serious customer service training. The stay was nice but these glaring issues mean that the next time we visit Portland, it will probably be at another hotel.
4 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Denise
"Convenient for Business"
This was great for a quick business trip. Staff was nice and the hotel was clean
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Great hotel for business"
This hotel was really great. Great shopping, close to wonderful restaurants and friendly. The staff was helpful and clean.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Room was quite small but comfortable and well designed. Would consider staying here again. Front desk staff very professional.....offered a NY Times to me each morning delivered to the room.
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
Erik
"Beautiful, but noisy"
Hotel is beautiful with wonderful people working there. The walls are unfortunately very thin so be prepared if you stay inside for any of the daytime. But the location is very good and was to get to the train. Gorgeous building and room style was awesome.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
Chelsea
"Wat to small"
Room was so small. Could hardly unpack the suitcase. Small is fine but this was ridiculous.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"GREAT HOTEL"
great HOTEL CLOSE TO DOWNTOWN SHOPS.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
wayne
"The room is small. even in asian standard."
The hotel is elegant, but the room is really tiny(less than 200 square feet i think). We stay in a king bed room but it barely have any space to walk around the bed. For the size wise, I don't think its a 4 star, and not even what you expect in america. I am from ASIA, we are used to have small hotel rooms, but this is really tiny even for an asian standard. They should at least state the room size!!!
3 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
GONGSHINN
"Wonderful 1940's/1950's theme."
Very comfortable with a wonderful hotel staff. Highly recommend it. The only negative is it's not in city center. But, makes up for it as you can take Max Train to/from airport.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Parent
"Great base for downtown"
Great location, great service. Very friendly and helpful front desk. We were given a choice between a room with a view and one that was larger. Went with the view, but would have gone with the larger if we stayed more than one night. Hotel bar is also great and has two happy hours with good food.
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
Staff members are friendly and professional. My main complain is the size of the room. I felt like I was back in London. And there's a construction going on across the street and noise level was unbearable.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Small little room, otherwise 5 star"
This was second time I have stayed at this fine hotel. The first trip I had the upgraded king bed room, and it was very, very nice. This trip I had the standard king room,big mistake, and it had to be the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Motel 6 rooms were bigger than this. For as much as this hotel charges, you think they could do away with the Munchkin king rooms. Don't get me room, I certainly say to stay here, just upgrade your room for a few dollars more. You will not be disappointed.
2 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
Jack
"Revamped Older Hotel"
Stayed here for business. Staff was friendly, room was clean. Older hotel that has been spruced up. West of downtown, no real options for venturing out to dinner. Restaurant in hotel was okay.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Lovely stay"
Enjoyed our stay very much. The staff were exceptionally nice and friendly, and treated our little dog wonderfully. Within walking distance of most of what you'll want to visit in downtown Portland.
4 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Rebecca
"last minute nugget"
I was "forced" to stay here due to some issues with friends in town. Had stayed here years ago when it was the Mallory and I am happy to say that I think it was nicer on my recent trip! The bar and restaurant are both awesome and the staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. Highly recommend this hotel!!!
Response by Hotel deLuxe, a Provenance Hotel
We should thank your friend who "forced" you here, because it was certainly our pleasure to have you back! We love returning Mallory guests as it gives us a chance to prove that the reputation of that fine hotel has not been lost. We appreciate your recommendation and hopefully we can see you again (on your own volition, of course!)
3 night business trip Jan 2, 2015
"Wedding Plus Hotel!"
We attended a family wedding reception at the Hotel Deluxe. There was a mistake with our reservations. The staff was so gracious to remedy the problem. We danced until our feet almost feel off and then waltzed off to bed! Thank you so much!
Response by Hotel deLuxe, a Provenance Hotel
While I'm certainly sorry your reservations were a little off, I'm so glad we could correct the issue and help you have a wonderful stay. Weddings at the deLuxe are magical indeed!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Joyce
"Great hotel, Great location!"
Great hotel in a great location! Rooms were small but I think every boutique hotel in Portland in that area are pretty small
Response by Hotel deLuxe, a Provenance Hotel
Thanks for your kind review! I hope we can see you again for another great stay!
3 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel, Friendly & Helpful Staff"
Beautiful hotel & rooms. Rooms are small, but I don't mind that especially given it was perfectly clean & decorated and had a really comfy bed. Staff was extremely friendly & gave great dining recommendations.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Ellen
"Beautiful hotel with great wall ability to Pearl"
Beautiful hotel with great wall ability to Pearl District.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
The hotel staff was nice and helpful, the room was clean and reasonable comfortable, just a little small.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Minnie
"Classy boutique hotel"
Excellent boutique hotel. Great service with an elegant feel.
3 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
"My stay"
Nice hotel, nice staff, great lounge and good food! Neighborhood is nice but quiet, no coffee shops or any places yo eat within about 6 or 7 blocks. Rooms are very small.
3 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
tyler
"Poor value for the price"
Very small room on inner light well even though hotel half full. Not even a mirror other than one over the sink. Very slow hot water. Been staying here for years but this is the last time.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
tristan
"A Must Stay in Portland, OR"
Delightful stay. Staff is polite and helpful. Beautiful lobby and rooms. And the Hotel Bar has great food, drinks,ambiance. The neighborhood is also quite.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
kate
"Amazing Gem in the Heart of Portland!"
Wonderful hotel. 5 Star Stay! Amazing, Hollywood-themed boutique hotel in the heart of downtown. Right next to rail line. Staff is outstanding. Most comfortable bed I've ever slept on.
4 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Holiday tradition"
The front desk was so accommodating in up grading our room and giving us a corner room like we had last year. They also helped us find a fantastic Italian restaurant for our dinner that night. We hope this will continue to be our kick off holiday tradition.
Response by Hotel deLuxe, a Provenance Hotel
I'm thrilled the staff at the desk could be the impetus for a wonderful holiday stay. I hope we can be your go-to hotel every year as well!
1 night family trip Dec 8, 2014
Christy
"Lovely Retro Glamour"
We loved our stay! The hotel front desk was extremely helpful in planning our visit and the staff was all friendly and helpful. Our room was charming and comfortable and we didn't want to leave! Great for a romantic get away.
Response by Hotel deLuxe, a Provenance Hotel
The glamour of Classic Hollywood is truly a wonderful inspiration for a romantic getaway, so I'm glad we could help to make yours a special one! I hope we can see you again for another unforgettable trip.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
MissRene
"Nice staff, but small rooms"
The hotel staff is very nice. The rooms are pretty small and many have a view that face another room, so you have to keep the blinds closed. Good location to walk around town.
Response by Hotel deLuxe, a Provenance Hotel
I'm glad our staff could help you enjoy your stay; please always feel free to contact us during your stay if anything is not to your liking, as it is our pleasure to assist you in finding a space that suits your vacation needs!
3 night trip Dec 10, 2014
"perfect stay in portland"
I had a great 3-night stay. the hotel is adorable, my room was very comfy, the shower heads are 8 feet high, and the bar has great drinks. the staff is all very friendly. I want to go back!
Response by Hotel deLuxe, a Provenance Hotel
We want you to come back! I'm so glad your few days in Portland were perfect. We definitely appreciate your taking the time to write about your stay.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
rredbreast
Great hotel in an excellent location of Portland. Small, cozy rooms. A great bar/lounge. Excellent and attentive staff.
Response by Hotel deLuxe, a Provenance Hotel
I'm thrilled you enjoyed your trip, especially the Driftwood Room. We'll be glad to see you again!
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
arthur
"Great Stay!"
Great stay! The staff was incredible in everyway, very friendly and knowlegeble. Highly recommended
Response by Hotel deLuxe, a Provenance Hotel
I'm so glad you had a great stay! It was our pleasure to have you with us and we appreciate your recommendation.
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
"Great Couple's Getaway"
We loved this spot! Perfect for either a trendy or romantic getaway that still felt comfortable. And location was amazing if you want to try a few different neighborhoods and wonderful for public transportation to and from the airport.
4 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
DOMINIQUE
"Classy and clean"
I've stayed here before, so my expectations were high. Starting from the friendly doormen to the Staff at the counter, the efficient restaurant staff and entertaining Bar staff , my experience was exceptional. I love Portland, and the Hotels' close proximity to the fun Downtown area makes it easier and convenient.
Response by Hotel deLuxe, a Provenance Hotel
Thanks for coming back! I'm thrilled that we could meet your already high expectations, and hope that we can continue to exceed them each time you return!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Haney
Great bed and linens. Nice quiet room. Great staff. Elegant decor. Good location and on public transportation.
Response by Hotel deLuxe, a Provenance Hotel
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Elegance is our middle name!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014